How would you market and promo Mike\'s next album?

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

Danielle Oliver

Post by Danielle Oliver » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:02 pm

What Michael needs is a really powerful video. I´m not talking about spending millions of dolars on it, he needs a video with a new style of dance, a video just about dance. Something that everybody will talk about it, people say anything about him but they stop to look when he is dancing. He needs a hit like We Belong Together, no one thought that Mariah would have a sucessful album again.

Ipod is a good thing to US and Europe, but Michael is loved all around the world and IPod doesn´t reach the third world. Few artists can sell their albuns all around the world and Michael does that.

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:13 pm

QUOTE(Danielle Oliver @ Jan 13 2006, 07:02 PM) [post=145556]Quoted post[/post]
What Michael needs is a really powerful video. I´m not talking about spending millions of dolars on it, he needs a video with a new style of dance, a video just about dance. Something that everybody will talk about it, people say anything about him but they stop to look when he is dancing. He needs a hit like We Belong Together, no one thought that Mariah would have a sucessful album again.

Ipod is a good thing to US and Europe, but Michael is loved all around the world and IPod doesn´t reach the third world. Few artists can sell their albuns all around the world and Michael does that.
[/b][/quote]
He can have a 'hit'. But please, please, please don't let it sound like 'We belong together'. I really don't like that song at all.

Danielle Oliver

Post by Danielle Oliver » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:26 pm

QUOTE(whisper @ Jan 14 2006, 01:13 AM) [post=145558]Quoted post[/post]
He can have a 'hit'. But please, please, please don't let it sound like 'We belong together'. I really don't like that song at all.
[/b][/quote]

No you did´t understand what I said, I´m not saying that he needs to sing a romantic song like We Belong Together. He needs a hit like this song is, you know everybody said that Mariah's career was over and she proved that they were wrong. Most of the singers that sells millions of albuns just have one or two hits that make people buy their albuns. That what I meant. His first video has to be a big hit or the press will say that he is finished, you know that better than me. His first video has to be just about dance, something new. People went crazy when he did the moonwalk for the first time, he needs that magic again.

Books, Tvs shows, memorabilias don't work that is just for fans.

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:34 pm

QUOTECrystal, you know what? next time I feel passionate about a certain issue I will just shut up and I will never ever state my opinons ever again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/b][/quote]

[img]style_emoticons//glare.gif[/img] Crystal? Who the hell is Crystal.

Felicia, do you have an alter ego that your wife doesn't know about? [img]style_emoticons//huh.gif[/img]

And Hell YES to a tell all book. Hell yes. But that ain't happenin'. He's too nice. I so want to hear Michael cuss you have NO idea.
[align=center]Image[/align]

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:39 pm

QUOTE(Danielle Oliver @ Jan 13 2006, 07:26 PM) [post=145560]Quoted post[/post]
No you did´t understand what I said, I´m not saying that he needs to sing a romantic song like We Belong Together. He needs a hit like this song is, you know everybody said that Mariah's career was over and she proved that they were wrong. Most of the singers that sells millions of albuns just have one or two hits that make people buy their albuns. That what I meant. His first video has to be a big hit or the press will say that he is finished, you know that better than me. His first video has to be just about dance, something new. People went crazy when he did the moonwalk for the first time, he needs that magic again.

Books, Tvs shows, memorabilias don't work that is just for fans.
[/b][/quote]
Alright. [img]style_emoticons//laugh.gif[/img]

Also while we're talking about this, I really wanted to add that he also needs a set of people that are behind him and his project.

'Butterflies' had the potential to be one of those '#1-for-12-weeks' type of songs, but his record company did whatever they could to kill it. They didn't push it on pop radio or anything.

So I say he certainly has the magic and probably the songs already. What he needs is the support. Or at least he needs people behind him who aren't trying to sabotage his success.

You brought up Mariah. Look what happened after she got away from Tommy Mattola's sabotage?

Danielle Oliver

Post by Danielle Oliver » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:04 pm

For a start a World Tour is definitly crucial for his comeback, starting in Europe or Asia. Selling all the tickts for the concerts the american press can´t say that he is over and that will bring attention for his new album.

I think that his first video should be simple focusing on him and his dance.

About the singles, he should include in every single the songs that were not choosen for the album, so the fans will buy this to listen the new songs.

I don´t believe that Michael will release a tell all book it´s not his style. People in general won´t buy that and they don´t care. For years the press told lies about him and it´s hard to them don´t believe that. They think that just because they watched on TV it´s true.

~Vicky~

Post by ~Vicky~ » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:13 pm

QUOTE(HeavenSent @ Jan 13 2006, 07:34 PM) [post=145561]Quoted post[/post]
[img]style_emoticons//glare.gif[/img] Crystal? Who the hell is Crystal.

Felicia, do you have an alter ego that your wife doesn't know about? [img]style_emoticons//huh.gif[/img]

And Hell YES to a tell all book. Hell yes. But that ain't happenin'. He's too nice. I so want to hear Michael cuss you have NO idea.
[/b][/quote]

I've heard MJ say 'Fu.ck'. I shared that glory with Jess and Felicia. MJ has such a front up it aint even funny. I'd break that down first and foremost. [img]style_emoticons//laugh.gif[/img]:

moonball29

Post by moonball29 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:24 pm

[img]style_emoticons//laugh.gif[/img]

the cussing would be [img]style_emoticons//mf_w00t2.gif[/img] . and the tell-all book would be cool, but i doubt that would ever happen. he's too nice, although i kinda agree with vicky, it might be a front. lol

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:04 pm

QUOTE(Danielle Oliver @ Jan 13 2006, 08:04 PM) [post=145565]Quoted post[/post]
I don´t believe that Michael will release a tell all book it´s not his style. People in general won´t buy that and they don´t care. For years the press told lies about him and it´s hard to them don´t believe that. They think that just because they watched on TV it´s true.
[/b][/quote]
By taking that attitude, he wouldn't be doing anything at all to promote himself in any way. There are certain things that need to be on-record.

~Vicky~

Post by ~Vicky~ » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:37 pm

QUOTE(moonball29 @ Jan 13 2006, 08:24 PM) [post=145568]Quoted post[/post]

the cussing would be [img]style_emoticons//mf_w00t2.gif[/img] . and the tell-all book would be cool, but i doubt that would ever happen. he's too nice, although i kinda agree with vicky, it might be a front. lol
[/b][/quote]

Might? Ha!

MJ is nice, for sure. To his fans and to children...it's all real. But as far as not telling Bashir to fcuk off? Please. As far as him telling TV Guide that he never curses or talks about sex in his songs? As far as talking with Quincy Jones on Oprah and telling everyone that he NEVER EVER curses, not even to say 'funky'...HA!

minnie michael

Post by minnie michael » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:07 am

its very exicted to think about those things, oh i miss MIke's voice this thead make me wanna get a full new songs album right now.. [img]style_emoticons//mf_w00t2.gif[/img] especially reading Whisper's posts make me feel so..aww [img]style_emoticons//8-26-03fruits_apple.gif[/img] very happy to read things from you..dearly.. [img]style_emoticons//bleh.gif[/img]

and as for my ideas first i believe all of MIke's things are incredible and out of my imagination..i believe the media will be crazy like mad before the album is released..all of the papers' headline is about the new album..and everybody wanna interview those famous guys like Jay-z or somewhat famous producer who had worked with MIke and wanna get the frist-handed things about the album..as for MIke , just like always, he is mysterious, he is not that kind of guy wanna stick out himself and get all the attention, we know the more he wanna hide the more people wanna him..that's one of MIke's unique style..nobody can compared ..

and the first hit song from new album is a fast song, MIke use his voice like magic, i donot wanna describe the new song cos MIke will give us an surprise..new video's director is Peter Jackson, everybody loves him and the new video looks like another big moive..cool..i can imagine how people get home quickly just wanna watch Mike's latest fresh new video on time..whole world fall in love with MIke again..MIke get his another superb career again..awww...

since the first song of album is released, MIke canot stop release new song every month..like how he did to his old albums..every video make us high..and also Beyonce is in one of MIke's hottest new song..and do a hot dance with MIke...media around the world fight for each other just for interview Beyonce..about how they do in the new video..aww..maybe has a lot of kisses and hugs like IN THE CLOSET but i am not jealous cos i know that's a part of job..as long as that sexy video can make MIke more popular i am not jealous at all..hahha..

and Mike will NOT give those bad media any interview..maybe he just wnana do one with that old guy who used to interview MIke last year..who is MIke's friend and deserve our respect and trust..maybe Mike will sign his new album in the store..and maybe..yes...maybe he will do some mags and release his new fashion style..like how he did in 1999..MIke's new style..i wanna him show something like home man..i mean i wanna him make some pics at home..just wearing the most simple dress...like black pants or his adorable PJ..and with a pair of slipper..aww i can scream out if MIke wear a pair of slipper with bare feet..xixi [img]style_emoticons//tongue.gif[/img] and a lot of new dress..from MIke..

maybe MIke will come to Asia...come to my country..that's my ultimate dream..

god..i lvoe him..i have a lot of fantasys about those new excited things..i believe that's NOT a dream at all..

TO Michael,

i believe in you , i support you, i love you, please forever believe in me, Michael, i am your super-duper fan in a place far away from you, but distance canot stop me from supporting you, Michael..remember, when you look up the blue sky, you can see countless of your loyal fans\\\' smile faces, i am one of them..

forever..loyal to you..

yours fan..forever.. :thumbsu

mjmsc

Post by mjmsc » Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:42 am

QUOTE(floacist @ Jan 13 2006, 08:44 PM) [post=145520]Quoted post[/post]
This is the EXACT same thing that I love talking about with Vicky!!!!
Here is my ideas:

1)Instead of a douche bag like Martin Bashir interviewing him I would want someone more laid back to have a very casual interview almost like a conversation with him to discuss MUSIC, his love life, goals, favorite things etc. Straight up I think I should be the one interviewing him so thats taken care of [img]style_emoticons//laugh.gif[/img]

2)Get him a STYLIST a-s-a-p! I know many of you are going to say. "He has wonderful style, he is unique!" yeah well your lying to yourself and Jesus. He has horrific style but it is unique and what makes him- him! I wouldnt totally change him or want him to lose his trademark pieces (big tinted glasses,arm bands or fedora) But he is in need of a style make over. I would want to see him in leather (thrillerish but updated) styled jackets with black pants(thats "michael" style!). Michael isnt a spring chicken anymore so I would LOVE to see him in fitted solid black suits (with NO glitter,diamonds or plastic thingys on it). Just picture him in a black fitted military styled jacket with nothing but a snug fitting v neck tee underneath with a pair of jeans! Can you say Yves Saint Laurent model??!?!?!?!??!

Sorry I get excited.

3)Hire/beat up his make up artist and/or hair sylist- Bring back the msg or earth song hair! And I dont want him to ditch make up since he has to wear medical make up and guys in eye liner makes me weak in the knees but c'mon sometimes his m.u artist needs to be slapped.

4) Have him perform a MTV-Unplugged type of televised concert. Very intimate setting where can perform his songs ACCOUSTIC style.I dont think people focus on how beautiful his voice is and in concert he performs all his up beat and over played songs which is amazing because I could watch him dance for hours but imagine Whatever Happens with Carlos Santana on the guitar ACCAPELLA?! or Butterflies with Eve! He could have a Michael Jackson and friends type of show where he can do duets with HIS favorite artists or something!

5)I wouldnt want him tied down to any specific deal because I wouldnt want another Sony incident to happen but maybe if he started up MJJ Productions with new artists as well as distributing his own music on it so he can have more freedom with everything.

6)I wouldnt have him on Oprah's show or any of the hookers on CNN (minus Larry King) but have him on fun shows like Ellen or 106 and Park on BET.

7)A tour would be a MUST but not a huge stadium experience with thousands but a smaller theatre type of show that doesnt have all the glitz and glam but simple since his talent can carry a show without it all.

Lastly I would want people to see the real him and not such an eccentric, I wouldnt expect him to wear Phat Farm and sit on the couch drinking beer or something but to see him as a brilliant musician and a wonderful family man [img]style_emoticons//smile.gif[/img]

If you read that all than I owe you a drink!
[/b][/quote]
i totally agree with you!i would like more serious but stylish clothes on him-he looks great in elegant suits [img]style_emoticons//smile.gif[/img] and the make-up must be more descreet and a little sensual.i would looooooooove an umpluged with him and more intimate concert in a world tour [img]style_emoticons//8-26-03respect.gif[/img] and i think he should continue Moonwalk and maybe write a book for children!a relaxed interview would be great-i would like to hear him talked about his children-they are so big now [img]style_emoticons//tongue.gif[/img] and splendid videos of course

MJJ_Lover

Post by MJJ_Lover » Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:05 am

Your ideas are all awsome. [img]style_emoticons//biggrin.gif[/img]

Unplugged would be amazing. [img]style_emoticons//smile.gif[/img]
\\\"... You wanna draw a line and say that this is crime and this ain't crime.\\\" - Charles Manson.

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:44 pm

Lovin' most of the ideas I've seen here so far. [img]style_emoticons//8-26-03respect.gif[/img] Here are a few of my own:

1. Have him do a "tell-all" interview (with someone like Larry King--well known, but not out-and-out biased) and/or book. Yes, I know some will disagree with me and that of course is fine, but he needs to set the record about all the BS straight once and for all before he can fully put it behind him in the press and move on towards bigger and better things in his career.. [img]style_emoticons//smile.gif[/img] IMHO, at least

2. Have him record an album with an eclectic mix of upbeat dance songs (maybe even of a style like the ones Madonna has on her new album or something), ballads, and message songs (like "We've Had Enough"). That way, the world can see, once again, what a diverse sense of talent this man has.

3. Have him do album signings/public appearances in major cities around the US and world--like he did with Invincible in NYC.

4. Have him make more unique and creative shortfilms to promote each single.

5. Have him do another world tour or a series of MSG-like shows.

6. Have him re-launch MJJSource OR launch an all new official website, with interactive features and perhaps maybe even a blog or something by Michael.

7. Have him perform on awards shows and such

8. Have him air more co mmercials for the new album on the TV/Internet

That's all I can think of for now, LOL...
[align=center]\\\"It's all for love. L.O.V.E\\\" ♥--Michael Jackson [/align] [align=center]We miss you... [/align]

[align=center]proud.to.be.an.american.mj.fan[/align]

danaluvsmj
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by danaluvsmj » Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:07 pm

I think he really needs a big promotion, like maybe another Interview with Geraldo or even Larry King.
It would also be great if he did a big concert like MSG, if he doesn't want to do a whole world tour.
His album should have a whole different sound to it that's original, and have a lot of good dance grooves. It would be great if he had a lot of great artists included on the album too.
Perhaps another album signing like the New York Virgin Megastore when Invincible was released? You know I would be there!

hmm I was also thinking wouldn't it be great if he did a really raunchy album like Janet's 'Damita Jo?' Now that would get the ladies going! [img]style_emoticons//mf_w00t2.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons//laugh.gif[/img]

My bottom line is that this album has to really be put out there, and disprove all the nay-sayers who think his career is over.

1958-2009

Gone Too Soon