Statement of Tom Mesereau

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

danaluvsmj
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by danaluvsmj » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:36 pm

from MJJF:

Statement of Thomas A. Mesereau RE:, Mr. Michael Jackson

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 23, 2006

STATEMENT OF ATTORNEY THOMAS A. MESEREAU, JR. REGARDING MR. MICHAEL JACKSON

Attorney Thomas A. Mesereau, Jr., issues the following statement regarding Mr. Michael Jackson:

I am very disturbed by the false, erroneous, and self-serving reports about the relationship between Michael Jackson, my law partner, Susan Yu, and me.

At the conclusion of the criminal trial in Santa Maria, CA., Michael Jackson was acquitted 14 times. The jury acquitted him of 10 felonies and 4 lesser-included misdemeanors. Michael Jackson was completely vindicated and exonerated by these verdicts.

Shortly thereafter, Michael Jackson, and his beautiful children, moved to the Middle East. Attorney Susan Yu and I were asked to help him during this difficult period of transition. Michael and his children were exhausted by the terrible, unjust prosecution, and needed to start a new chapter in their lives.

Because Michael Jackson was our client, and is our friend, Attorney Susan Yu and I agreed to help him, and his family, during this time of transition.

For approximately seven months, we assisted Michael Jackson in this effort.

We never intended to assume these obligations on a permanent basis. For example, my love is Criminal defense. I will be in trial in the State of Alabama during April and June, in two Capital murder cases, in which I am representing the client free of charge. I am also assisting in the development of a free legal clinic for the poor at a prominent African American church in Los Angeles. Attorney Susan Yu has other clients that she needs to attend to as well.

We are still in communications with Michael Jackson, and his assistants, and remain close friends. Mr. Jackson completely understands the situation and is grateful to us for helping him with the transition. The speculation that surrounds this situation is nothing but shallow tabloid reporting.

People should leave Mr. Jackson and his family alone.

Source: Raymone K Bain

1958-2009

Gone Too Soon

danaluvsmj
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by danaluvsmj » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:38 pm

Shortly thereafter, Michael Jackson, and his beautiful children, moved to the Middle East
oh no, here we go again with the living in the Middle East controversy:cryptic

1958-2009

Gone Too Soon

senecajackson

Post by senecajackson » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:34 pm

i love that man!

arma

Post by arma » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:40 pm

Mesereau would not let michael jackson down:D

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:21 pm

The speculation that surrounds this situation is nothing but shallow tabloid reporting
AMEN to that!!!

I KNEW that that "story" would turn out to be something like this..:lol I have nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for and of Mesereau, Yu, and everyone on their team. They kicked ass and took names in court--they did their job and THEN some.:D It's just simply time to move on now. :)
[align=center]\\\"It's all for love. L.O.V.E\\\" ♥--Michael Jackson [/align] [align=center]We miss you... [/align]

[align=center]proud.to.be.an.american.mj.fan[/align]

Purdy Young Thang

Post by Purdy Young Thang » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:49 pm

God, I love you, T-Mez. *bows*
Image Image Image Image

:love :love :love :love

love you always

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:26 pm

[QUOTE=danaluvsmj]oh no, here we go again with the living in the Middle East controversy:cryptic[/QUOTE]
What controversy? lol...

It's only a 'controversy' if people get caught up with semantics.

About the statement...
Frankly, while I'm glad Mes came out with such a well written one, I still find it disgusting that he even has to refute such tabloid bull crap. It seems like every postive thing that Michael has going for him, is immediately shot down and challenged by people with no lives! Clearly, the likes of Friedchicken and the NY Post have nothing better than to do than to make up straight up lies about a phenomenal man and his well respected attorney/friend.

Damn. What is it gonna take? Roger flying to Bahrain on someone else's tab so that his desperate loner Michael Jackson lovin' ass can spend quality time with his idol. Michael is all Roger will ever write about. He's got to be obsessed. :blink:
[align=center]Image[/align]

danaluvsmj
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by danaluvsmj » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:41 pm

Mez is so awesome! I'm glad he came forward to make that statement. He seems really fond of Michael. I respect him highly.

1958-2009

Gone Too Soon

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:35 am

I don't know about yall, but when I was reading that, I was visualizing Mesereau bitch-slapping Roger Friedman in the mouth. :rollin :lol

Maiky

Post by Maiky » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:42 am

When is Roger going to leave Michael alone?
I've never seen such a double-faced person like Friedman.....

Sabine
Trial Period
Trial Period

Post by Sabine » Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:32 am

[QUOTE=whisper]I don't know about yall, but when I was reading that, I was visualizing Mesereau bitch-slapping Roger Friedman in the mouth. :rollin :lol[/QUOTE]

Same here, whisper! ROFL
Btw is it true that FOX NEWS and the NY Post are owned by Rupert Murdoch? I've heard that on another forum. If that's true, I wonder why this man continues to spread unfounded news. Journalistic ethics seem to be a foreign word for him.

Sabine

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:30 am

[QUOTE=whisper]I don't know about yall, but when I was reading that, I was visualizing Mesereau bitch-slapping Roger Friedman in the mouth. :rollin :lol[/QUOTE]
With that pristine white hair of Mez's whipping about as he's landing the first slap. :lol

missclimpson

Post by missclimpson » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:58 pm

Have you noticed that Fox has taken down yesterday's Friedman piece?

Tom speaks, and Fox shakes in it's boots.

dangerous

Post by dangerous » Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:34 pm

i just popped in and saw 'statement of tom mesereau' and im like 'why the hell is tom issuing a statement??' can someone post the link to the newpeice that explains what tom is setting straight. Even without reading what its about, all i gotta say is dddaaaamnn straight :cool:

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:44 pm

Have you noticed that Fox has taken down yesterday's Friedman piece?
^oh, they did?
Maybe he got a little friendly reminder of that red-light statement Raymone gave not too long ago. About how people can't just make up a lie and expect a free pass. Maybe that's why....Here's a least wishing.

Hey Ash!
I don't have the link, but Friedchicken ran his usual diaherrea column about how Mez and Susan Yu were no longer Michael's attorneys because they weren't getting paid and blah, blah, blah. I don't even remember all that he claimed from his ghost "sources", but it seems like Roger can't do anything but write about Michael, whether it's truth or fiction.

So sad that Mez even had to come out w/a statement to address that bullshit! It's still all good between him and Mike...People are always so content to start drama where there is none.