I have had it with MJNO!!

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

Mack Dogg

Post by Mack Dogg » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:08 am

There are people trying to make threads, intellegent threads about MJ but then people want to shut them down and call them haters. The good thing about this forum (MJEOL) is that there are nobody like that over there. Where I will agree: don't call MJ "jacko", and don't make derogatory comments on the forum either. Other than that, that forum is the worst. It ain't sh*t compared to MJEOL!

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:28 am

yikes! I'm sorry you had a bad experience, Mack.

danaluvsmj
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by danaluvsmj » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:54 am

I don't really go to any of the MJ forums anymore except here. Some of the comments and things people post just piss me off. Ever since the trial ended, it's all speculation and people saying he should do this or not do that and I heard he's somewhere planning this, acting like they know him. I also tired of people complaining that 'Michael has run away and has left the US and is never coming back. He's deserted America' and ' Michael's career is pretty much over.'
I'm just sick of it.:ohnoyoudidnt :mad:

1958-2009

Gone Too Soon

minnie yu

Post by minnie yu » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:15 am

i donot feel at home when i checked out other forum like MJNO..i know a lot of fans like posting there and i also read a lot of things i can tell they are absolutely ture fans..but i just donot feel at home..hee hee.. :mellow:
\\\" There have been times in my life when i , like everyone has had to wonder about GOD\\\'s existence.when Prince smiles, when Paris giggles, i have no doubts. Children are GOD\\\'s gift to us, no, they are more than that, they are the very form of GOD\\\'s energy and creativity and love. He is to be found in their innocence, experienced in their playfulness.\\\":8-26-03respect: :)

smoody

Post by smoody » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:25 am

When I go to another fan site, I noticed that a LOT of what is posted is speculation. The crazy thing is no one questions it. * (post)oh i just heard Michael got married to a llama. (reply) Oh really I hope he's happy.* WHAT!!!! You would think Mike's fan of all fans would be sensitive to this. I appreciate the amount of Factual information I get from here and I love the habit everyone's in of posting sources!!!! :D

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:49 am

smoody wrote: (post)oh i just heard Michael got married to a llama. (reply) Oh really I hope he's happy.* WHAT!!!!
:lol :lol
You would think Mike's fan of all fans would be sensitive to this. I appreciate the amount of Factual information I get from here and I love the habit everyone's in of posting sources!!!! :D
Well we try to be as factual as possible. :D

danaluvsmj
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by danaluvsmj » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:45 am

[QUOTE=smoody]When I go to another fan site, I noticed that a LOT of what is posted is speculation. The crazy thing is no one questions it. * (post)oh i just heard Michael got married to a llama. (reply) Oh really I hope he's happy.* WHAT!!!! You would think Mike's fan of all fans would be sensitive to this. I appreciate the amount of Factual information I get from here and I love the habit everyone's in of posting sources!!!! :D[/QUOTE]

exactly:lol everything is speculation and people don't even bother to look at the facts.That's what makes me irritated.

1958-2009

Gone Too Soon

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:11 pm

[QUOTE=smoody]When I go to another fan site, I noticed that a LOT of what is posted is speculation. The crazy thing is no one questions it. * (post)oh i just heard Michael got married to a llama. (reply) Oh really I hope he's happy.* WHAT!!!! You would think Mike's fan of all fans would be sensitive to this. I appreciate the amount of Factual information I get from here and I love the habit everyone's in of posting sources!!!! :D[/QUOTE]

LMAO! :lol But the sad part is..that's pretty much TRUE! :cryptic LOL. I talked about this very same thing in my commentary--it just blows my friggin' mind how some fans could sift through all the lies of the "case" and trial,yet suddenly take so much the press says at its word now. That just really upsets, irritates, and bothers the hell out of me. I mean, I'm sure those fans mean well, but they really shouldn't be so naive..

And I agree with the original poster that this especially tends to be the case on MJNO. It's sad, because it seems like during the "case"/trial, it was a pretty intelligent forum, but now, in the wake of Michael laying so low and being so in between in his career, it seems like so many fans on there give way to all these rumors and speculation. I mean, I'm not saying ALL the posters on there do that, there's some really great ones as well, but I can't count the number of times I've logged off from there, irritated at the speculation/baseless speaking for Michael of some of the fans there (not to mention some of the "fans" who only seem to pop in when they have something bad to say about Michael :rolleyes: ) since the trial ended. And I don't really think it's the moderating team's fault on there--by all accounts, they do a really good job-- it's just the climate of speculation (although if I were moderator on there, I'd try to get them to tone it down more, but that's easier said than done, I guess.. :lol ).

I've said it before, but I'll say it again--I'm a member of several MJ forums out there, but out of them all, I must say that this one is my favorite..the one I really feel at home on. I don't know, the discussions just seem so much more productive, informed, and open and it's such a friendly atmosphere. You guys are the best! :wub: :D
[align=center]\\\"It's all for love. L.O.V.E\\\" ♥--Michael Jackson [/align] [align=center]We miss you... [/align]

[align=center]proud.to.be.an.american.mj.fan[/align]

Tabloid Junkie

Post by Tabloid Junkie » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:29 pm

Hmmm, well lets just say...I love MJNO :)

tofdel1
Trial Period
Trial Period

Post by tofdel1 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:35 am

Some are hypocrites. You speak your mind-if they don't agree with you, you get ganged up on and banned. What ever happened to freedom of speech? That is why I don't ever post, because people act immature. Especially the moderators, I mean cops. God forbid if you say anything againest the forum or have a different point of view. I just seen this happen today on another forum. Someone asked why MJ dosen't deny the rumours about his employees not being paid. They jumped all over this person, because they didn't like what this person said. Next thing you know some Frickin cop banned him. He didn't do anything wrong. He asked a question!!!!!!! It sounds like these people are very immature. I can really tell when someone sounds young. That is something you would do in grade school. I don't want to offend anyone, but you should be able to ask a question and post freely. As long as you are not hurting anyone or being very vulgar or threatening, I believe in freedom of speech. I think a lot of these moderators are young and abuse their power to make themselves seem important. Sorry if I offend anyone here. Feel free to ban me if you feel it's necessary.:idontknow

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:22 am

I don't know why that person was banned.

But speaking as an Admin, though, you do have to abide by the rules of which ever forum you're using. And if you express an opinion, don't be shocked if other people express a different one.

You may think someone's ganging up on you, but if they're just expressing their opinion...and there may be a lot who disagree with you...that's really not 'ganging up on' you as long as they're not personally attacking you.

There's a difference between attacking someone's opinions and attacking the person. When they start to insult you personally, that's "ganging up on" you.

But no, tof, I'm not going to ban you here...unless you start personally attacking other members here or start personally disrespecting Michael Jackson. :P

Mijac Music
Trial Period
Trial Period

Post by Mijac Music » Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:30 am

I'm sorry to hear so many people seem to have a poor opinion of MJNO.

I think for a lot of people, the atmosphere there can be frustrating. But the point is, the rules are the way they are because of the member count. MJNO now has over 10 000 members, a large percentage of which are constantly active.

Where many sites have maybe - 150 members online as a high maximum, that's a slow day for MJNO. I believe 640 online is around the estimate for largest number of people online.

It's not easy to keep an eye on 640 people. I know the moderators here will understand what it's like to have to supervise any amount of people. It is not as easy as it looks.

Trust me, MJNO is not all bad people. In 10 000 people, there's a lot of room for jerks. Discussion on subjects like vitiligo, the accusations, news events, rumours...things can get nasty really fast. Not to mention that it is so tired. I've basically heard everything there is to hear about Michaels surgery and his skin colour - why do I need more? It's like any big community, everybody wants their piece, and not everybody is willing to give it without being idiotic about it. I would love it if it were as easy as "Okay, you talk, then I'll talk, and we'll compare opinions, decide to agree, or agree to disagree."

No...with that many people, I mean come on. You gotta understand what that's like to deal with on a daily basis. The arguments can get tooootally out of hand. Intelligent conversation on a controversial topic in General Discussion is rare - because it's where most of the people are.

MJNO makes a big effort to be all about positivity and respect to Michael, and with so many people, it's hard to do.

MJISHOT

Post by MJISHOT » Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:03 pm

i quite like MJNO but there are so many people there that its almost impossible to make friends because there are just too many people around. i like it here the best :D

http://www.myspace.com/mjfansunite

R.I.P Michael ~ god bless you our sweet angel!

Blame It On The Boogie

Post by Blame It On The Boogie » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:12 pm

[QUOTE=smoody] * (post)oh i just heard Michael got married to a llama. (reply) Oh really I hope he's happy.* [/QUOTE]

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo :lol
[align=center]:scream: Image:scream:[/align]

[align=center]I'm Jeff :biggrin: Feel free to talk to me ANYTIME through:

AIM: BlackParade919

MSN: BlackParade919@hotmail.com

MySpace

:cool:

Mark the date of my return to MJEOL.

3.4.07[/align]