Workers Barred From Neverland (updated)

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

~Vicky~

Post by ~Vicky~ » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:15 pm

SMOKING GUN.COM
Workers Barred From Neverland
State: Jackson not paying wages, insurance. Whither the llamas?

MARCH 9--Citing Michael Jackson's failure to cover his employees with required insurance, California state labor officials today effectively closed the singer's Neverland Ranch and fined him $69,000, The Smoking Gun has learned. Investigators with the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement arrived at the sprawling Los Olivos estate this morning and served the below work stoppage order on a security guard.

Additionally, in a March 7 letter, the state apprised Jackson that more than 30 workers have filed unpaid wage claims against him and that he owes those employees more than $300,000, as well as penalties in excess of $100,000. The state's demand letter contends that Jackson has been welshing on his employees since last December. Today's state "stop order" bars Jackson from "using any employee labor" until he secures required workers' compensation insurance and warns that if Jackson fails to abide by the enforced work stoppage he could be charged with a criminal misdemeanor.

In addition to being fined $1000 apiece for 69 workers, Jackson is also liable for up to 10 days pay for those employees who now are no longer allowed to report to Neverland for work. While it is unclear how many workers are still employed at the cash-strapped Jackson's ranch, state officials used the 69 worker figure based on Neverland's most recent quarterly tax report, filed in December 2005, which said that 69 employees worked there. According to state records, Jackson's workers' comp policy expired about two months ago.

The 47-year-old singer has been out of the country since shortly after his June 2005 acquittal on child molestation charges. Since then, he has been spotted in Bahrain and, more recently, London.

See the documentation: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0309061jacko1.html

--------------

1. :mellow:
2. Friedman is having orgasms.
3. Dang.
4. More drama, more negativity, more annoyance!
5. :pullhair, the media should have fun
6. I wish MJ would come back and take care of everything. :( It's only going to push back everything positive that we are looking forward to if he doesn't.

Blame It On The Boogie

Post by Blame It On The Boogie » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:32 pm

Omg, is this true? What about the animals, will the animals be ok? Michael cant come back because he has nowhere to stay in privacy. This is just frigging great, more $hit for michael to deal with. I hope this is just some media bull.
[align=center]:scream: Image:scream:[/align]

[align=center]I'm Jeff :biggrin: Feel free to talk to me ANYTIME through:

AIM: BlackParade919

MSN: BlackParade919@hotmail.com

MySpace

:cool:

Mark the date of my return to MJEOL.

3.4.07[/align]

~Vicky~

Post by ~Vicky~ » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:35 pm

No, it's for real.

And Michael CAN come back. They can't get to him when he's at home. But even if it means risking privacy, taking care of all this is far more important.

Do you see how much money Michael has to pay now? $1000 an employee? Hell..

Blame It On The Boogie

Post by Blame It On The Boogie » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:38 pm

How will michael be protected without his guards!?
[align=center]:scream: Image:scream:[/align]

[align=center]I'm Jeff :biggrin: Feel free to talk to me ANYTIME through:

AIM: BlackParade919

MSN: BlackParade919@hotmail.com

MySpace

:cool:

Mark the date of my return to MJEOL.

3.4.07[/align]

floacist

Post by floacist » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:39 pm

This sucks bad.

smoody

Post by smoody » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:41 pm

Lord! WHY MORE DRAMA?? Why has this gotten to this point? More bad press. More rumors. I would rather he sell the place when he went over seas than to have all this crap play out. I hope everything gets taken care of.:blink: I pray.

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:44 pm

*gulp and..GASP* :o

Well, I'll be god damned..it's really true? :cryptic No way? These people continued to work for MONTHS, even if they weren't paid? It doesn't make sense?
2. Friedman is having orgasms.

Yeah, I know. And that makes me SICK..:angry:

This must be a bad dream or a hoax or something...*yeah, I know there's "documentation"..I'm just saying..*

Fucking bullshit "case"..it messed up SOO much for him..:(

*hopes and prays..*
[align=center]\\\"It's all for love. L.O.V.E\\\" ♥--Michael Jackson [/align] [align=center]We miss you... [/align]

[align=center]proud.to.be.an.american.mj.fan[/align]

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:46 pm

And Michael CAN come back. They can't get to him when he's at home. But even if it means risking privacy, taking care of all this is far more important.
I agree. This is some messy ish..:cryptic

But then again, we still don't know the full story. There must be SOME sort of a reason for these people working for MONTHS without pay like that. Time will tell..

*still chokes at thought of something Friedman writing turning out to be even partially right...*
[align=center]\\\"It's all for love. L.O.V.E\\\" ♥--Michael Jackson [/align] [align=center]We miss you... [/align]

Shannon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Shannon » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:49 pm

I don't even want to say what I'm thinking right now.
[align=center]Image

Thank you, Leah

Thank you for everything,

Michael

...My Fanfiction...

You Are My Life

...My Website dedicated to Michael...

http://www.thesilencedtruth.com[/align]

~Vicky~

Post by ~Vicky~ » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:50 pm

Well, I'll be god damned..it's really true? :cryptic No way? These people continued to work for MONTHS, even if they weren't paid? It doesn't make sense?

Personally, I wouldn't do it. Especially if I had a family to take care of. But, maybe they figured that they WILL get paid. Michael is going to have to pay them for all their unpaid hours, by law, either way.

Hopefully they all weren't so dumb to not look for other jobs. It's not always easy to find another, but if they didn't look...

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:53 pm

I'm not going to jump to any more conclusions until we hear the whole story. We all know better than that..;)

~Vicky~

Post by ~Vicky~ » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:54 pm

[QUOTE=InspirationMoonwalks]I agree. This is some messy ish..:cryptic

But then again, we still don't know the full story. There must be SOME sort of a reason for these people working for MONTHS without pay like that. Time will tell..

*still chokes at thought of something Friedman writing turning out to be even partially right...*[/QUOTE]

Oh I know. I've never doubted that there is SOME truth in the reports that MJ is struggling somehow, I just doubted the extent of it and also, how much damn Friedman seems to give about these employees. He doesn't care about them, but he does love the fact that he can say MJ can't pay for Neverland anymore.

I wish I could turn time back to like...1995. :lol Course, there is always some mess going on in Michael's life, but it seems like we won't get past all of this.

~Vicky~

Post by ~Vicky~ » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:57 pm

And MJ's animals? Hello PETA.

~Vicky~

Post by ~Vicky~ » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:58 pm

[QUOTE=InspirationMoonwalks]I'm not going to jump to any more conclusions until we hear the whole story. We all know better than that..;)[/QUOTE]

Haha, hear the WHOLE story? Do we ever? :ohnoyoudidnt

Unfortunately.

But it doesn't matter what the whole story is, Neverland is shut down...and the media is going to eat it alllllllll up.

smoody

Post by smoody » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:01 pm

What I'm confused about is we are dealing with a family of millionairs. This should have never gotten in the press. Somebody should have taken care of this just to keep the talking heads shut up. I don't know I'm going to bed.*you'll see me again in ten minutes*