I really don\'t fancy Mike as an actor...what\'s your take??

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

Blame It On The Boogie

Post by Blame It On The Boogie » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:19 pm

[QUOTE=smile]Ofcourse I'd go watch something that mike's in...he's really pretty..:cloud9 ...and his voice is like...syrup![/QUOTE]
LMAO IS THAT THE FIRST THINK YOU COULD THINK OF!? "Hi, I'm Michael jackson. You may know me as the man with the voice of a pancake topping. Or you may know me as the pop superstar, but more likely you know me as the man with a PANCAKE TOPPING as a voice.":lol
[align=center]:scream: Image:scream:[/align]

[align=center]I'm Jeff :biggrin: Feel free to talk to me ANYTIME through:

AIM: BlackParade919

MSN: BlackParade919@hotmail.com

MySpace

:cool:

Mark the date of my return to MJEOL.

3.4.07[/align]

ajkinkycuffs

Post by ajkinkycuffs » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:22 pm

[QUOTE=Blame It On The Boogie]LMAO IS THAT THE FIRST THINK YOU COULD THINK OF!? "Hi, I'm Michael jackson. You may know me as the man with the voice of a pancake topping. Or you may know me as the pop superstar, but more likely you know me as the man with a PANCAKE TOPPING as a voice.":lol[/QUOTE]

mhmm..syrup is good ..its sweet..*licks lips* lol..oh god i'm turning into a MJ perv lol.

Ben

Post by Ben » Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:08 am

From what I've seen, I think Michael is a really good actor. I agree that his best acting roles where in Bad and Ghosts, and I think his acting in Bad was brilliant.

I liked Michael's acting in Captain EO, but it wasn't really the mist demanding of acting roles. The Wiz was a commercial and critcal flop in 1978 and Michael was actually singled out for praise by the critics for his acting. Once again his role wasn't demanding acting wise, but he alse had to change the way he walked on the film to make the part of the scarecrow believable, which Michael pulled off.

Michael's acting in Thriller is OK, but it's really just a music video with a minor concept to get to the song but Michael was believable in his acting.

His acting in Moonwalker can be seen as corny, but I think that has more to do with the corny story line because Michael hardly acts in Moonwalker he just say's a few words her and there. Michael's acting in Men In Black II is just a cameo appearence, it's no big deal and Will Smith can't act anyway.

I think Michael has the potential to be a really good film actor, but unfortunatly he's tended to only act in his own short film projects and not look for or choose scripts in films by other directors where he had no creative input. I think if Michael were to have taken up acting it should have been in the 1980's, because now as already pointed out by some of you Michael would be slated by critics for his acting no matter how good he was in a role.

I also agree Michael should direct or produce instead of acting, but I don't think Michael will act in anything other than his short films anyway.
Ben

(Don\\\'t Stop Till You Get Enough)

MJJ_Lover

Post by MJJ_Lover » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:08 am

I reckon he has the talent, but he just needs a project that can exploit that. :)
His singing/dancing is acting in a way... different roles and aspects of himself.
\\\"... You wanna draw a line and say that this is crime and this ain't crime.\\\" - Charles Manson.

flomango

Post by flomango » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:24 pm

Michael would make a phenomenal director/writer. I'd love to see his movies. Its a shame the critics (and the media) would be EXTRA harsh on them, but thats a mere .07% of what they'd do if he was acting. Either way, I'd like to see Michael do something new. :)

As an actor, I would have to say no; not because he doesnt have the talent (The Whiz and Ghosts are amazing, easily his best), but he's too recognizable a image and celebrity to play another role. That and the fact that no one looks like the way he does, so it would be hard to seperate the actor from the character.
But I thought he was just fine in Moonwalker, especially when they kicked him around some. 'LEAVE HER ALONE!!!
LOL. Dang you make me want to watch this movie right now lol He took that kick in the stomach well. Though it probably wasnt real, but it sure as hell did when he backed up in pain.
Haha, can you believe that I didn't know the mayor was MJ until my sister convinced me it was him? She's not even a fan.
Not alone. I thought there was actually a real fat white guy playing the mayor, and Michael just underwent make-up and costume and did the dancing scene for him. Yeah I know :cryptic Than the VH1 Special Making of Ghosts happened and well yeah, lol Speaking of which, I think I'm going to watch that right now too lol

Speaking of this topic, remember when Michael said the Bad tour would be his last, and that he wanted to focus on acting? lol Aw :)

*DEAD* ROFLMAO. Stop that!!! My stomach hurts from laughing right now :lol :lol
it's no big deal and Will Smith can't act anyway.
A bit...unneccesary wouldnt you say? :unsure:
Proud Member of MJEOL Since 2001 :smilie

ajkinkycuffs

Post by ajkinkycuffs » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:29 pm

[QUOTE=flomango]Michael would make a phenomenal director/writer. I'd love to see his movies. Its a shame the critics (and the media) would be EXTRA harsh on them, but thats a mere .07% of what they'd do if he was acting. Either way, I'd like to see Michael do something new. :)

As an actor, I would have to say no; not because he doesnt have the talent (The Whiz and Ghosts are amazing, easily his best), but he's too recognizable a image and celebrity to play another role. That and the fact that no one looks like the way he does, so it would be hard to seperate the actor from the character.

LOL. Dang you make me want to watch this movie right now lol He took that kick in the stomach well. Though it probably wasnt real, but it sure as hell did when he backed up in pain.

Not alone. I thought there was actually a real fat white guy playing the mayor, and Michael just underwent make-up and costume and did the dancing scene for him. Yeah I know :cryptic Than the VH1 Special Making of Ghosts happened and well yeah, lol Speaking of which, I think I'm going to watch that right now too lol

Speaking of this topic, remember when Michael said the Bad tour would be his last, and that he wanted to focus on acting? lol Aw :)

*DEAD* ROFLMAO. Stop that!!! My stomach hurts from laughing right now :lol :lol

A bit...unneccesary wouldnt you say? :unsure:[/QUOTE]

I know this is totally like off topic, that it's on topic LOL.
hey remember when mike says "Do it and youa dead?" LMAO.that was hilarious

minnie yu

Post by minnie yu » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:22 am

i get a lot of laughter in reading this thread..lol..very interesting...

i am here agree with most of you said..acting is totally different from doing character in the music videos..yes i agree when MIke does a serious moive all the audiences will think of that character as Michael..so..that's not his fault..because his personality is sooo unique and untouchable..:mellow: :8-26-03respect: just like those music videos and those lil appearance in the MIB..Mike did it for fun..that's cool experiences let alone how much he love watching all kinds of movies...:8-26-03fruits_apple

but i can imagine Mike will be play a leading role in a love&romantic moive and just playin an easy character..:lol and he will not be Michael in the moive..probably named Jack or somewho..la..and totally a different life in a movie..that's cool...and i also can imagine MIke was a US Army just like what Jude law did in the moive" cold mountain"...lallall...that's cool..totally a different world..trying to be another man ..la..ha..:lol
\\\" There have been times in my life when i , like everyone has had to wonder about GOD\\\'s existence.when Prince smiles, when Paris giggles, i have no doubts. Children are GOD\\\'s gift to us, no, they are more than that, they are the very form of GOD\\\'s energy and creativity and love. He is to be found in their innocence, experienced in their playfulness.\\\":8-26-03respect: :)

privacy

Post by privacy » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:07 am

haha I didn't know MJ was the mayor until I saw some pics online of Michael with half the mayors face on LOL

Michael will never ever (IMHO) be able to play a normal part in a film. He wants so much fun in whatever parts he does he's always going to overact it.. It's best if he's just himself.

I haven't seen enough of him in films.. only the remarkably shitty Miss Castaway thingy. And MIB2.

Yeh. LOL I love him tho.
[align=center]Image

I knew I'd love you like I do[/align]

MJslave

Post by MJslave » Fri May 05, 2006 3:01 am

I actually think that Michael is a great actor, but the roles he plays aren't always doin' it for him. Take ghosts for example, I think he was GREAT in that, and it was A great video. But Moonwalker, he was great, but the movie......:blink: so I think he just need s to find better roles to play.
I LOVE MICHAEL

mjlover123

Post by mjlover123 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:05 pm

well i think that Mike has the potential of being a great actor if he chooses too.

Tessa

Post by Tessa » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:56 pm

Well..in acting..I liked Ghost best..he seemed more relaxed and took his time for getting into the songs...unlike the Wiz and MIB: Hilarious!...Smooth Criminal could have been belivable had it not been a music vid...hoestly..the Island girl thing was trash...I think if Michael wanted to act again..he'd have to wear a mask or something to be taken seriously..and in character!
ImageImageImage

He dances as if floating on air...

[align=center]My Fanfic Last Updated 12/26/06[/align]

[align=center]ADAPTATION OF THRILLER[/align]

T0dd0la

Post by T0dd0la » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:05 am

[QUOTE=Tessa;178557]Well..in acting..I liked Ghost best..he seemed more relaxed and took his time for getting into the songs...unlike the Wiz and MIB: Hilarious!...Smooth Criminal could have been belivable had it not been a music vid...hoestly..the Island girl thing was trash...I think if Michael wanted to act again..he'd have to wear a mask or something to be taken seriously..and in character![/QUOTE]

I like Ghost the best as well, if you mean acting.. I think he is good in Thriller as well, when the girl leaves the movie and he says:
Michael - "Its only a movie"
The Girl - "Its not funny"
Michael - "You were scared were`nt you?"
The Girl - "I was`nt that scared"
Michael - "You were scared" and laugh=)

Love the scene..

mysteriousone

Post by mysteriousone » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:40 am

[QUOTE=T0dd0la;178573]I like Ghost the best as well, if you mean acting.. I think he is good in Thriller as well, when the girl leaves the movie and he says:

Love the scene..[/QUOTE]

:lol
I love that scene too, Ola! I'm visualizing the whole scene as I type this post up, lol!

Mysti!
[align=center]Image

Thank you, Veronica! :wub:[/align]

Shannon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Shannon » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:18 am

[QUOTE=T0dd0la;178573]I like Ghost the best as well, if you mean acting.. I think he is good in Thriller as well, when the girl leaves the movie and he says:

Love the scene..[/QUOTE]

LOL, I love that scene too. :D Playfully cute, a scene that never gets old. :8-26-03fruits_apple
[align=center]Image

Thank you, Leah

Thank you for everything,

Michael

...My Fanfiction...

You Are My Life

...My Website dedicated to Michael...

http://www.thesilencedtruth.com[/align]

Tessa

Post by Tessa » Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:12 pm

Yeah I liked it when he was eating the popcorn and smiling and the gril walked out and he went serious and then smiled again! hilarious..:lol
ImageImageImage

He dances as if floating on air...

[align=center]My Fanfic Last Updated 12/26/06[/align]

[align=center]ADAPTATION OF THRILLER[/align]