Magic and Madness Review

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

Cooldy23

Magic and Madness Review

Post by Cooldy23 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:20 am

hi guys, i'm new in this forum.

i've heard about the book Magic and Madness by Taraborelli and i'm thinking about buying it. but can anyone please tell me if it is a reliable source of information about Michael Jackson? say, on the level of Moonwalk or close to it. are everything written on the book the real truth?

thanks!:)

privacy

Magic and Madness Review

Post by privacy » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:05 am

It's not reliable or accurate.

From my point of view.. it's fun to read as there are some bits that will make you smile and laugh.. but as it's not accurate I'd advise you against buying it.

Try 'Redemption' by Geraldine Hughes :)
[align=center]Image

I knew I'd love you like I do[/align]

MJJ_Lover

Magic and Madness Review

Post by MJJ_Lover » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:38 am

I agree with Privacy. The Magic and the Madness is sensational. Taraborelli documents interactions between Michael and others, and certain personal occurances, that are imposible to know of --- unless taken from unreliable sources that are WILLING to divulge of stories that are private to Michael. And that makes me question, where is his information from? The maid (Blanca Franca) who claimed her son (Jason) was sexually abused by Michael around 1993, and who later retracted her statements, and was paid 20 000 dollars (?) to speak about these allegations on Entertainment Tonight is a source for Taraborelli. So, I'd stay away from that book. But, despite saying this, a while ago I read quite a bit of it online... and it's not all bad. So, it's your personal decision. Some of it is funny and interesting. I've just contradicted myself. :mellow:
Anyway, I suggest 'Redemption' too.
\\\"... You wanna draw a line and say that this is crime and this ain't crime.\\\" - Charles Manson.

Cooldy23

Magic and Madness Review

Post by Cooldy23 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:43 am

thanks! :)

i read some online and there ARE parts where the book made me laugh and smile. it's just quite unbelievable though cause some of the conversations between Michael and other people are extra-ordinary...meaning, where did he get those from? it's like making a script of a person's life, i think most of what was written are fabricated.

thanks alot for the advise!!!

MJJ_Lover

Magic and Madness Review

Post by MJJ_Lover » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:47 am

:P Hehe, that's very true... It's almost as if he's there in the room with them :P... very unbelievable.

No problem, and welcome to the forum. :D
\\\"... You wanna draw a line and say that this is crime and this ain't crime.\\\" - Charles Manson.

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Magic and Madness Review

Post by whisper » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:34 am

Randy T and Diane Dimond became very close during the trial. That should tell you it all right there. :lol

MJJ_Lover

Magic and Madness Review

Post by MJJ_Lover » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:48 am

Yes, I saw them together on a MJ 'special'. Randy shops around to sell his scurrilous stories. Leech.

DaNcInG mAcHiNe

Magic and Madness Review

Post by DaNcInG mAcHiNe » Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:08 pm

Yeh i wouldnt bother getting it,he's just a money maker.
[align=center]Image[/align]

Nayru

Magic and Madness Review

Post by Nayru » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:23 pm

I'd pass on this one. Most of the info is fake or from private sources that shouldn't be giving away info in the first place. I'd get Redemption instead.

Cooldy23

Magic and Madness Review

Post by Cooldy23 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:27 pm

thanks guys. :)

mnewma13

Magic and Madness Review

Post by mnewma13 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:18 pm

I actually thought the book was ok as a refrence point to alot of things that happened in his life. It was not as critical as some books can be and alot of the early information is very accurate. Only when michael became less public in the late 80's and early 90 and till today does it lose its ground and revert to inuendo.

HeavenSent

Magic and Madness Review

Post by HeavenSent » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:23 pm

I've somehow managed to not even open this book.
[align=center]Image[/align]

MJJ_Lover

Magic and Madness Review

Post by MJJ_Lover » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:46 am

[QUOTE=HeavenSent]I've somehow managed to not even open this book.[/QUOTE]

Good on you Carla! :D

minnie yu

Magic and Madness Review

Post by minnie yu » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:03 am

that writer called Randy or something wrote that ugly fiction..lol..and also he would like to continue his up-to-dated endlessly ..that book is all crap and full of tabloid some of them totally out of that jerk's imagination..i think we fans really have no enough time to focus on those crap things the most important thing is if u take your money out for those crap that's mean that jerk Called Randy has his own fans base that's can make me more prouder and come out more tabloids about Michael..so please stay away from those things..MIke's history is all clear and here for all of us we could get to know this men through his music, through his mtv..through his interviews all these the yeas....anyway there is a lot of good ideas out there for our fans related to Michael..so..donot pay your money on those useless...:8-26-03fruits_apple
\\\" There have been times in my life when i , like everyone has had to wonder about GOD\\\'s existence.when Prince smiles, when Paris giggles, i have no doubts. Children are GOD\\\'s gift to us, no, they are more than that, they are the very form of GOD\\\'s energy and creativity and love. He is to be found in their innocence, experienced in their playfulness.\\\":8-26-03respect: :)

MsFairy
Trial Period
Trial Period

Magic and Madness Review

Post by MsFairy » Wed May 17, 2006 5:51 pm

Quite a few books are available to read for free at http://www.jetzi.com