New Single a Hoax????

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

HeavenSent

New Single a Hoax????

Post by HeavenSent » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:30 pm

Anyone heard?

---
DJ Whoo Kid wants to bring Michael Jackson and 50 Cent together, there's no doubt about that – it's just not happening as soon as reports might lead you to believe. Thanks to an announcement seemingly released by MJ's new record label, which stated the singer's dream team was a done deal, several media outlets ran with the news, not realizing the press release was a prank.

There had been enough news in recent weeks to suggest that the press release was the real thing. Whoo Kid revealed earlier this month that Jackson had chatted him up about a possible collaboration with 50 (see "DJ Whoo Kid Spends An Evening In Bahrain 'Chillin' ' With Michael Jackson"). Whoo Kid had just come back from Bahrain, where he said he had arranged a phone conversation between the two artists.

The phony press release, sent Sunday as an e-mail claiming to be from Two Seas Records, claimed this was now happening. "I do not know who put this story out, certainly not us," Two Seas spokesperson Sue Harris said. "But it doesn't surprise me!"

Media outlets such as Billboard and Rolling Stone picked up the hoax on Monday, reporting details that Jackson and 50 were joining forces on a song called "Now That I Found Love," featuring up-and-coming singer Lucy Diamonds, and that it would be out November 21.

"I don't know who made that up," Whoo Kid said, regarding those reports. "I don't know who Lucy Diamonds is."

"How are they saying it is a 50/ MJ/ Lucy song?" Diamond's spokesperson Jonathan Hay said. "This whole thing is freaking strange."

Reports stated that the song would also be on a Whoo Kid mixtape called MJ Unit - The Takeover, which would supposedly feature five unreleased Jackson songs and mash-ups of his prior hits with songs from members of the G-Unit camp, including Lloyd Banks, Mase, Young Buck, Mobb Deep and M.O.P. This was most likely "borrowed" from the fact that Whoo Kid is planning to work with Banks, Mase and Mobb Deep. But "Now That I Found Love" gives shout-outs to 50's rival, the Game, as well as DJ Skee, Nu Jerzey Devil and Black Wall Street.

"This isn't good because Lucy is talking to Game, she's been talking to Game for a while," Hay said. "So she won't be on that [MJ Unit] mixtape, not unless they stole her song."

As for Jackson, his camp refuses to give any information about the singer's upcoming projects, even to correct fake reports or press releases.

"As far as we are concerned, details regarding the recording of Michael Jackson's albums are being kept under wraps," Harris said. "We will not be making any comments as to who may or may not be working with Michael Jackson in the studio. We will not be making any announcements, nor will we be reacting to any speculation or reports in the media."

A spokesperson for 50 Cent did not elaborate on the prank.

– Jennifer Vineyard

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/152960 ... lines=true

----
That's freakin' evil, if this is true.
[align=center]Image[/align]

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

New Single a Hoax????

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:41 pm

Call me a pessimist, but I can't exactly say I'm surprised..:lol :cryptic

That's just wrong for whoever put that out there to do that, though. Getting fans' hopes up and everything. How RUDE! :8-26-03ranting:

Oh well, I'm sure that Michael has even better things in mind..:D :popcorn
[align=center]\\\"It's all for love. L.O.V.E\\\" ♥--Michael Jackson [/align] [align=center]We miss you... [/align]

[align=center]proud.to.be.an.american.mj.fan[/align]

HeavenSent

New Single a Hoax????

Post by HeavenSent » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:48 pm

Me, I will admit I was kinda suprised to hear this..and I call myself a cynic with the best of them! Damn, I guess I need more training! :lol

Too much positivity lately, and I was trying to be optimistic about this but I guess it's back to cynic city! Take next exit!:P

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

New Single a Hoax????

Post by whisper » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:49 pm

And THIS is why I don't get too excited until I actually hear something. :P

InMyPlace

New Single a Hoax????

Post by InMyPlace » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:51 pm

LOL, I kind of just sighed of relief.

Dammit, I was punk'd.

[align=center]\\\"Don't Panic\\\"[/align]

HeavenSent

New Single a Hoax????

Post by HeavenSent » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:54 pm

we were all punk'd. Damn, damn, damn! :lol

InMyPlace

New Single a Hoax????

Post by InMyPlace » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:00 pm

It was Ashton Kutcher. :lol j/k

I'm kind glad though it's not real. lol I told my sister about MJ/50 and she starting bitching about him loosing his integrity. :rollin

If MJ wants a rapper, Kanye will do.

Shannon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

New Single a Hoax????

Post by Shannon » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:03 pm

I can't say this surprise me at all. I, for one, was very sceptical to this. Although I had my hopes that it was true. However, I had a feeling in my heart that it was something strange with it all. Something I couldn't exactly put my finger on.

Same with the releasing of the 'I Have This Dream', which was said to be released within two weeks. I wouldn't even dare to get my hopes up when I heard that either. And it seems like that was a smart move of me, unfortunately...

What will be, will be.
[align=center]Image

Thank you, Leah

Thank you for everything,

Michael

...My Fanfiction...

You Are My Life

...My Website dedicated to Michael...

http://www.thesilencedtruth.com[/align]

HeavenSent

New Single a Hoax????

Post by HeavenSent » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:06 pm

[QUOTE=InMyPlace]It was Ashton Kutcher. :lol j/k

I'm kind glad though it's not real. lol I told my sister about MJ/50 and she starting bitching about him loosing his integrity. :rollin

If MJ wants a rapper, Kanye will do.[/QUOTE]
The general consensus in houston is...50 ain't worth 50, he's more like a dime and a quarter. Kanye's okay, I guess. I'm not really into either one.

Oh well...moving on!

danaluvsmj
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

New Single a Hoax????

Post by danaluvsmj » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:07 pm

I kinda figured that whole story was a hoax, and to tell you the truth, I'm glad it was. I mean Michael and 50 Cent? I don't think so.

1958-2009

Gone Too Soon

InMyPlace

New Single a Hoax????

Post by InMyPlace » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:08 pm

Shannon I guess you haven't adjusted to Michael time yet.

2 weeks = 12 months

You have to add 10 to every number. If it's days, it's really weeks. If it's weeks, really it's months. If it's months, actually... it's years.

:D I have myself a conversion table printed out and everything!

InMyPlace

New Single a Hoax????

Post by InMyPlace » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:10 pm

[QUOTE=HeavenSent]The general consensus in houston is...50 ain't worth 50, he's more like a dime and a quarter. Kanye's okay, I guess. I'm not really into either one.

Oh well...moving on![/QUOTE]

I don't listen to Kanye either, but I know that at least he's talented and he doesn't just rap about the extreme bullshit 50 cent does.

HeavenSent

New Single a Hoax????

Post by HeavenSent » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:13 pm

[QUOTE=InMyPlace]Shannon I guess you haven't adjusted to Michael time yet.

2 weeks = 12 months

You have to add 10 to every number. If it's days, it's really weeks. If it's weeks, really it's months. If it's months, actually... it's years.

:D I have myself a conversion table printed out and everything![/QUOTE]
lol @ conversion table. you basically do need one!

HoldMeThrillMe

New Single a Hoax????

Post by HoldMeThrillMe » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:17 pm

I never gave it any real serious belief cause before Invincible came out they had all types of shit just like this flying everywhere and even if it was even half true, MJ changes his mind like his underwear.

HeavenSent

New Single a Hoax????

Post by HeavenSent » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:37 pm

Okay, you know what? I just got finished heard 50's mumble/rap on the radio and shuddered. I won't turn this into a 50 Cent bashing, but why does he always sounds like his mouth is barely open?

anyways, I wasn't really into MJ prior to Vince's release, but I've heard about all the leaks and half truths. That's so sorry.

At least we all know that Michael's back in the studio. At least we KNOW that's true! From the man himself.