LAME: GQ Trolling for Jackson News in Bahrain — L#2

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Mon May 01, 2006 11:53 pm

MAY 1 2006 - Our latest entry in the LAME files comes courtesy of GQ Magazine who sent a reporter to Bahrain to apparently see what Michael Jackson was up to.

For what, you may ask? Well from the way the write-up on their website reads, it was a rather pathetic excuse to personally insult Jackson, rehash unfounded rumors, and to get attention for their mag; complete with a fake-ass MJ impersonator posing in the sand in middle-eastern garb. I’m not kidding.

The existence of this is interesting because, according to the media in general, Jackson is supposed to be a "has-been" that nobody really cares all that much about. As we've seen repeatedly, that simply isn’t the case at all.

Everything he does gets covered somewhere by some entity. Jackson is apparently proving, either purposely or simply by happenstance, that he is capable of carrying out his projects, and living his life, without having to beg for the general/traditional media’s attention or cooperation.

As we’ve seen, GQ appeared to be so desperate for a Jackson story they sent a reporter to Bahrain to sniff out the latest goings-on related to him.

To a segment of the media, desperate fiends for their next Jackson-fix, it was damn-near breaking news when he accidentally walked into the wrong bathroom on the other side of the planet!

So what's with the sudden interest? What's with the intentional creation of news where there is no or very, very little ‘news’ to be found? Who knows.

And what was GQ's shocking revelation about Jackson's recent activities? Brace yourselves people…...He goes out in public and…..*gasp*….he wears disguises!

SHOCK! HORROR! HOW WEIRD! HOW BIZARRE!

Oh please. If GQ's intent was to get attention from the fan community, they may have gotten it. However, not for the reasons they might have intended.

To be honest, this latest information, reportedly written by Devin 'Freak'man (my dig at the writer), is drawing a lot of 'So what?' comments thus far.

We don’t get an in-depth feature about why the Jackson trial was pursued by the DA, or research about the history of the Arvizo family’s past scams with J.C. Penney, the Mid Valley News, numerous celebs who paid for medical bills that didn’t exist, or lord knows who else. Instead, we get to hear about Jackson going to a movie.

We don’t get an investigation into Santa Barbara County’s history of giving regular people the ‘Jackson-treatment’ (see Gary Dunlap). Instead, we get to hear about Jackson putting his disguises on wrong.

Or how about an exhaustive and hard-hitting report concerning why that Santa Barbara DA’s office is about to go on trial in a few months, August 2006, to defend against a $10 million lawsuit filed by Attorney Gary Dunlap where the DA’s office is accused of, and caught on the record, engaging in various types of misconduct? Now THAT’S a story.

And this doesn’t even include the misconduct engaged in when investigating the Jackson “case”. I guess that’s not newsworthy enough for this current incarnation of GQ magazine.

For real Jackson news, it’s not necessary to fly to the other side of the world. Well, that is, unless someone is looking for an excuse to go to Bahrain when they should be at work……and they hopefully get their bosses to pay for it.

So, while GQ sent a reporter to Bahrain — who appears to have been laid-out in Bahrain like a two dollar Jackson-crack whore desperate for a story — the rest of us are saying a big collective 'so f_cking what?' to this GQ “feature”.

LAME.

-MJEOL

danaluvsmj
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by danaluvsmj » Tue May 02, 2006 12:06 am

Amen! You tell 'em Whisper!:8-26-03respect:

1958-2009

Gone Too Soon

Maiky

Post by Maiky » Tue May 02, 2006 3:31 am

:bs I'm wordless

privacy

Post by privacy » Tue May 02, 2006 4:31 am

LMFAO love it.
[align=center]Image

I knew I'd love you like I do[/align]

minnie yu

Post by minnie yu » Wed May 03, 2006 10:07 pm

wooo so strong and powerful article..:8-26-03respect:
\\\" There have been times in my life when i , like everyone has had to wonder about GOD\\\'s existence.when Prince smiles, when Paris giggles, i have no doubts. Children are GOD\\\'s gift to us, no, they are more than that, they are the very form of GOD\\\'s energy and creativity and love. He is to be found in their innocence, experienced in their playfulness.\\\":8-26-03respect: :)

linzfinz03

Post by linzfinz03 » Thu May 04, 2006 11:15 pm

"two dollar Jackson-crack whore desperate for a story"

That is my favorite part right there. :P :rollin

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Fri May 05, 2006 2:28 am

[QUOTE=linzfinz03]"two dollar Jackson-crack whore desperate for a story"

That is my favorite part right there. :P :rollin[/QUOTE]
:P :lol

Ya know! Some of the media definitely exhibits a crackhead-like mentality when it comes to Mike. He's their drug ( without his participation of course.)

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Fri May 05, 2006 3:31 pm

You tell 'em, Whisper! :8-26-03respect:

I actually thumbed through that article when I was in the store the other day. There really wasn't anything that new or earthshattering in it...just a bunch of tidbits about Bahrain and a basic composite of all the rumors we've heard since the trial concerning Michael's time there. About the most interesting thing in the whole article was them describing how Michael took a group of guests to go see "King Kong" over the holidays...:lol

Yeah, he's such a "hasbeen" indeed...:lol :rolleyes:
[align=center]\\\"It's all for love. L.O.V.E\\\" ♥--Michael Jackson [/align] [align=center]We miss you... [/align]

[align=center]proud.to.be.an.american.mj.fan[/align]