Elizabeth Taylor on Larry King + VIDEO

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

danaluvsmj
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by danaluvsmj » Tue May 30, 2006 11:41 pm

I just can't understand why Michael would just abandon the U.S. after all we've done for him during the trial. It just doesn't seem fair.
He shouldn't have to be another Roman Polanski, he was acquitted for God's sake! Santa Barbara County doesn't reflect all of America.

I really don't know what Michael's plans are, but I hope he'll come back one day:(

1958-2009

Gone Too Soon

IrishFaery

Post by IrishFaery » Tue May 30, 2006 11:49 pm

I don't think he has abandonned this country. The man just needed a vacation. He WOULD NOT have been able to relax and regroup on this side of the pond.

There is truth in what Dame Elizabeth said (And she is looking and sounding wonderful!) "Why should he?" She wasn't implying that he never would. I noticed King couldn't quite answer that question.
[align=center]Image[/align]

MJJ_Lover

Post by MJJ_Lover » Tue May 30, 2006 11:54 pm

I think Michael's just doing what he needs to do currently in his life. It doesn't reflect his feelings for the American public, but just what he's gotta do at this present moment - to feel better, and for any other reason. :) He still loves his fans... allll over the world.
\\\"... You wanna draw a line and say that this is crime and this ain't crime.\\\" - Charles Manson.

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Wed May 31, 2006 12:05 am

[QUOTE=danaluvsmj]I just can't understand why Michael would just abandon the U.S. after all we've done for him during the trial. It just doesn't seem fair.
He shouldn't have to be another Roman Polanski, he was acquitted for God's sake! Santa Barbara County doesn't reflect all of America.

I really don't know what Michael's plans are, but I hope he'll come back one day:([/QUOTE]
It's important to note that he's not abandoning "us". He's just choosing to live somewhere else. Madonna chose to live in England for a time, and she didn't even have the kind of experience Mike had.

He's trying something new. And really, what would be the perks of living back at Neverland right now? He's content and happy raising his children.

But really, Mike has been talking about living in another country at least since he was still married to LMP. Remember that Primetime Live Interview?

missclimpson

Post by missclimpson » Wed May 31, 2006 12:14 am

I can understand why he doesn't want to live in the U.S. Besides that horrible trial, there were people aggitating for him to lose custody of this children (after the incident in Munich). I think the real reason he's out of this country is to protect his children. Elizabeth is right, he has been treated like dirt here. I consider that trial attempted murder.

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Wed May 31, 2006 12:19 am

[QUOTE=missclimpson]I consider that trial attempted murder.[/QUOTE]
Me too.

danaluvsmj
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by danaluvsmj » Wed May 31, 2006 12:31 am

[QUOTE=missclimpson]I can understand why he doesn't want to live in the U.S. Besides that horrible trial, there were people aggitating for him to lose custody of this children (after the incident in Munich). I think the real reason he's out of this country is to protect his children. Elizabeth is right, he has been treated like dirt here. I consider that trial attempted murder.[/QUOTE]

But don't you think his children miss their home? Don't you think they tell Michael, 'We miss home. We're tired of moving around. We wanna go back'?

It's just not fair:(

1958-2009

Gone Too Soon

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Wed May 31, 2006 12:34 am

[QUOTE=whisper]He doesn't have to live in the U.S. to promote his album here. Since Mike doesn't do the traditional things to promote his projects - go on late night talk shows, etc - he can really be anywhere in the world and still promote his projects.

I don't think she's 'just bitter' though. I think there is a lot of truth in what she's saying. He can always change his mind years down the line, but I think for now he's not living in the U.S. anymore.[/QUOTE]

True, but what's upsetting is that she basically made it sound like he wasn't even going to do THAT (promoting here in the US)..or being in the business at all. Larry asked her if she thought he was going to get back to "working" again and she basically said no, with the exception of the "European" thing. Is she not aware of his new record contract? :lol Don't get me wrong, I like Elizabeth a lot and reallly admire the way she stood up for him in this interview, among many other times, but I do think she sounded out of the loop with that comment. It definitely seemed more emotional, than rational. And she's justified in that! But it's also important to note that no one else speaks for Michael Jackson but the man himself (and those he hires to speak for him, lol). Of course Elizabeth is going to be angry about the trial situation..weren't/aren't we all? And it's also important to point out that she didn't say that HE said that...she was just simply stating her view of it, based on those emotions..

It's just important that people are careful not to generalize an entire nation, because of the actions of a few. Michael still has many, many fans here in the US, MANY of whom were in Santa Maria for the trial, and he KNOWS this. So to say that he'd somehow "ignore" his US fan base is ridiculous. As Whisper said, where he decides to *primarily* live has nothing to do with his art. He needs a worldwide demographic. Even if he doesn't live here anymore, that still doesn't mean he can't come back here to perform or promote his work in the way it needs to! Anyone saying anything opposite is thinking emotionally and generally, not rationalizing it. And if he was expressing an interest in living elsewhere during the HIStory era, that only backs up my point! :lol

It's just sad, because right now, it seems as if Sneddon, Dimond, and those assholes got their wish now that he's not around right now..:(
[align=center]\\\"It's all for love. L.O.V.E\\\" ♥--Michael Jackson [/align] [align=center]We miss you... [/align]

[align=center]proud.to.be.an.american.mj.fan[/align]

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Wed May 31, 2006 12:52 am

[QUOTE=IrishFaery]I don't think he has abandonned this country. The man just needed a vacation. He WOULD NOT have been able to relax and regroup on this side of the pond.

There is truth in what Dame Elizabeth said (And she is looking and sounding wonderful!) "Why should he?" She wasn't implying that he never would. I noticed King couldn't quite answer that question.[/QUOTE]

Right. :)

I still think that he'll at least visit here. I mean, why the hell would he keep the ranch if not? Even in that infamous 60 Minutes interview, he said he'd visit! :lol I really think he's just laying low at the moment to avoid all the lawsuits and possibly the thing with Debbie. I still don't see any mark of "forever" here, with or without what Elizabeth said..;)

Elizabeth said "Why should he?" return, because of the media's actions and those of his enemies, but I also tend to think
"Why SHOULDN'T he" if he ever so chose. I mean, this is still HIS country and regardless of went went down in SB, the whole NATION ain't against him! It's just sad right now, because in a way, these idiots kinda got their way in him leaving the way he did. The point is, he should be able to come and go as he pleases and not have to feel intimidated (if he even does) about doing so.

Don't let 'em win, Michael..don't let 'em win..
[align=center]\\\"It's all for love. L.O.V.E\\\" ♥--Michael Jackson [/align] [align=center]We miss you... [/align]

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Wed May 31, 2006 1:16 am

[QUOTE=InspirationMoonwalks]True, but what's upsetting is that she basically made it sound like he wasn't even going to do THAT (promoting here in the US)..or being in the business at all. Larry asked her if she thought he was going to get back to "working" again and she basically said no, with the exception of the "European" thing. Is she not aware of his new record contract? :lol Don't get me wrong, I like Elizabeth a lot and reallly admire the way she stood up for him in this interview, among many other times, but I do think she sounded out of the loop with that comment. It definitely seemed more emotional, than rational. And she's justified in that! But it's also important to note that no one else speaks for Michael Jackson but the man himself (and those he hires to speak for him, lol). Of course Elizabeth is going to be angry about the trial situation..weren't/aren't we all? And it's also important to point out that she didn't say that HE said that...she was just simply stating her view of it, based on those emotions..

It's just sad, because right now, it seems as if Sneddon, Dimond, and those assholes got their wish now that he's not around right now..:([/QUOTE]
Well, she's entitled to her own thoughts on the subject. I do believe she would know more about it than anyone else besides Mike.

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Wed May 31, 2006 1:18 am

[QUOTE=danaluvsmj]But don't you think his children miss their home? Don't you think they tell Michael, 'We miss home. We're tired of moving around. We wanna go back'?

It's just not fair:([/QUOTE]
Or maybe they're having a great time just as long as their with their daddy?

I think we need to stop looking at this traditionally. What if anywhere their father is, is "home" to them?

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Wed May 31, 2006 1:22 am

[QUOTE=whisper]Well, she's entitled to her own thoughts on the subject. I do believe she would know more about it than anyone else besides Mike.[/QUOTE]

Didn't say that she wasn't ;) She, like anyone else, totally is. But at the same time, she doesn't speak for him anymore than our friends or family members can always speak for us. I mean, they can be close, but they can't always be inside our heads. And even IF this is how he's currently feeling, it doesn't mean it will ALWAYS be this way. She said she didn't think he'd go back to working, but he's already signed a deal and is gearing up for a comeback. So, what does that tell you?

Time will tell...:8-26-03fruits_apple

ajkinkycuffs

Post by ajkinkycuffs » Wed May 31, 2006 1:24 am

Wow, she's so sick looking :( I hope she's doing alright in her circumstances and is relaxed and comfortable. She's right though. Why should he come back. I don't think he will. I don't blame him. But it would be nice to see him come back and do some shows or something..or any kind of appearance.

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Wed May 31, 2006 1:26 am

[QUOTE=InspirationMoonwalks]Didn't say that she wasn't ;) She, like anyone else, totally is. But at the same time, she doesn't speak for him anymore than our friends or family members can always speak for us. I mean, they can be close, but they can't always be inside our heads. And even IF this is how he's currently feeling, it doesn't mean it will ALWAYS be this way. She said she didn't think he'd go back to working, but he's already signed a deal and is gearing up for a comeback. So, what does that tell you?

Time will tell...:8-26-03fruits_apple[/QUOTE]
No, she was referring to "working" in the U.S. in the traditional sense. And him signing with 2 Seas Records, instead of with a firm/label with a U.S. presense, speaks to what she said as being true to a certain extent.

I'm not arguing with you about him ALWAYS feeling that way. But I do think that may be how he feels to a certain extent right now in his life.

It doesn't mean that he's abandoned his fans or anything. It just means that he may have different priorities and a different focus than some of us may be used to.

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Wed May 31, 2006 1:27 am

[QUOTE=whisper]Or maybe they're having a great time just as long as their with their daddy?

I think we need to stop looking at this traditionally. What if anywhere their father is, is "home" to them?[/QUOTE]

And I'm sure that's true! :) But it's only reasonable to consider what Dana pointed out. All we can do is speculate and that's her take on it. And a reasonable one at that. Time is the only real indicator for all of this and only Michael can live his life. And if he's truly feeling the way Elizabeth says, right now, who's to say that that will last "for good"? Time heals all wounds. :)

Either way, I seriously doubt that Michael would just up and snub his US fanbase. He KNOWS that he got support here during the trial and never once has he not thanked all of his fans, all over the world. He's talked about having places outside of the US for years now. That doesn't mean he'll forget us! :lol: I think we should just take Elizabeth's comments in context, as a concerned friend who passionately stands up for him in the press. No more, no less..

JMO. Of course. :cool: