Elizabeth Taylor on Larry King + VIDEO

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Wed May 31, 2006 1:31 am

[QUOTE=InspirationMoonwalks]And I'm sure that's true! :) But it's only reasonable to consider what Dana pointed out. All we can do is speculate and that's her take on it. And a reasonable one at that. Time is the only real indicator for all of this and only Michael can live his life. And if he's truly feeling the way Elizabeth says, right now, who's to say that that will last "for good"? Time heals all wounds. :)
JMO. Of course. :cool:[/QUOTE]
I'm not complaining about her right to have that opinion. I just look at it from another perspective.

We'll see if time heals all wounds, or if Mike has decided on a new way of living his life that we all may have to get used to.

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Wed May 31, 2006 1:31 am

[QUOTE=whisper]No, she was referring to "working" in the U.S. in the traditional sense. And him signing with 2 Seas Records, instead of with a firm/label with a U.S. presense, speaks to what she said as being true to a certain extent.

I'm not arguing with you about him ALWAYS feeling that way. But I do think that may be how he feels to a certain extent right now in his life.

It doesn't mean that he's abandoned his fans or anything. It just means that he may have different priorities and a different focus than some of us may be used to.[/QUOTE]

So you don't think he'll even promote his new stuff here, at all? I mean, even outside of the "traditional" route, which he hardly ever did anyway? LOL. Because that's a different thing altogether than actually living here.

If he wants to be an all around success, he'll have to at least release something here and if he wants that to succeed, it'll have to have SOME promotion. he needs a WORLDWIDE demographic. I think Michael's been in the game for too long not to know that..

The whole COUNTRY didn't do this to him. It was Sneddon, the Arvizos, and the media. It's just not fair to generalize a whole nation, like I've seen some people (not you, lol, but peeps on other forums) doing.. *shakes head*

But he WOULD be abandoning us in a sense if he totally skipped over our market..:( I doubt he'd do that, though..
[align=center]\\\"It's all for love. L.O.V.E\\\" ♥--Michael Jackson [/align] [align=center]We miss you... [/align]

[align=center]proud.to.be.an.american.mj.fan[/align]

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Wed May 31, 2006 1:38 am

[QUOTE=InspirationMoonwalks]So you don't think he'll even promote his new stuff here, at all? I mean, even outside of the "traditional" route, which he hardly ever did anyway? LOL. Because that's a different thing altogether than actually living here.

If he wants to be an all around success, he'll have to at least release something here and if he wants that to succeed, it'll have to have SOME promotion. he needs a WORLDWIDE demographic. I think Michael's been in the game for too long not to know that..

The whole COUNTRY didn't do this to him. It was Sneddon, the Arvizos, and the media. It's just not fair to generalize a whole nation, like I've seen some people (not you, lol, but peeps on other forums) doing.. *shakes head*

But he WOULD be abandoning us in a sense if he totally skipped over our market..:( I doubt he'd do that, though..[/QUOTE]
I didn't say he wouldn't promote it here. I just said that he doesn't have to be in the U.S. to do it because he doesn't use traditional means anyway.

Whether or not the whole country did anything to him, you have got to respect the fact that he wants his space. And if that means living in another country -- and after he's been treated like $hit by people in authority -- I'm not going to be mad at his choice. Nor will I take his mission to find peace of mind as a personal offense to me. I'll never see this as "abandoning", period.

Just think about how fans in other countries have felt all these years? For example, you don't think they weren't envious of the U.S. when he did the CD signing at the Virgin Megastore? Heck yeah, they were. But just b/c he may not have done that in Japan doesn't mean the Japanese people were necessarily feeling abandoned or left out.

It's important that we not let people try to divide and conquer the U.S. fan community by trying to convince us that he's abandoned us. It ain't personal.

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Wed May 31, 2006 1:43 am

[QUOTE=whisper]I didn't say he wouldn't promote it here. I just said that he doesn't have to be in the U.S. to do it because he doesn't use traditional means anyway.

Whether or not the whole country did anything to him, you have got to respect the fact that he wants his space. And if that means living in another country -- and after he's been treated like $hit by people in authority -- I'm not going to be mad at his choice. Nor will I take his mission to find peace of mind as a personal offense to me. I'll never see this as "abandoning", period.

Just think about how fans in other countries have felt all these years? For example, you don't think they weren't envious of the U.S. when he did the CD signing at the Virgin Megastore? Heck yeah, they were. But just b/c he may not have done that in Japan doesn't mean the Japanese people were necessarily feeling abandoned or left out.

It's important that we not let people try to divide and conquer the U.S. fan community by trying to convince us that he's abandoned us. It ain't personal.[/QUOTE]

So you don't even think he'll come back to promote it at all? In person? What will he use? Sattellite? LOL.. :lol

And I don't take his apparent wanting to find peace of mind to heart. I totally, totally understand it. I just would love for him to know and feel that he DOES still have a lot of love here and for him to come back to experience that, if only just to visit. Because why CAN'T he? That has nothing to do with where he actually lives. I think it just hurts to think about for a lot of US fans, because unlike other places, this is his HOME country, the place he's from. And if he feels unwelcome here, in his own country, that's a pretty sad comment, now isn't it? :(

I only meant that he would be "abandoning us" if he didn't even release his stuff here or something like that. Because I don't think that you could deny that THAT would be pretty painful..
[align=center]\\\"It's all for love. L.O.V.E\\\" ♥--Michael Jackson [/align] [align=center]We miss you... [/align]

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Wed May 31, 2006 1:47 am

[QUOTE=InspirationMoonwalks]So you don't even think he'll come back to promote it at all? In person? What will he use? Sattellite? LOL.. :lol:

And I don't take his apparent wanting to find peace of mind to heart. I totally, totally understand it. I just would love for him to know and feel that he DOES still have a lot of love here and for him to come back to experience that, if only just to visit. Because why CAN'T he? That has nothing to do with where he actually lives..

I only meant that he would be "abandoning us" if he didn't even release his stuff here or something like that. Because I don't think that you could deny that THAT would be pretty painful..[/QUOTE]
I'm saying I don't know what he'll do. :lol Are you trying to put words in my mouth? :lol

I'm just saying I'm not going to take his search for peace of mind as a personal insult. I can no more force him to be here than anyone else can. And if he doesn't feel comfortable here right now, then so be it. I know that it has nothing to do with me.

Nobody said he wouldn't release his material here. He releases material all over the world in places that he hasn't personally gone to that country to promote on various TV shows, etc.

All I'm saying is not to take his decisions as a personal affront.

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Wed May 31, 2006 1:53 am

[QUOTE=whisper]I'm saying I don't know what he'll do. :lol Are you trying to put words in my mouth? :lol

I'm just saying I'm not going to take his search for peace of mind as a personal insult. I can no more force him to be here than anyone else can. And if he doesn't feel comfortable here right now, then so be it. I know that it has nothing to do with me.

Nobody said he wouldn't release his material here. He releases material all over the world in places that he hasn't personally gone to that country to promote on various TV shows, etc.

All I'm saying is not to take his decisions as a personal affront.[/QUOTE]

No, I'm just asking your opinions. Sheesh.. :lol

And I don't take his personal decisions personally, either. All I'm doing is pointing out that just because he doesn't live here (if that's still the case by that time), doesn't mean he can't release or promote his stuff here, just like he would in any of the other major world markets. I mean, why can't he at least visit here? What would happen? Would he be executed? I mean, really now.. :lol The living argument and the career argument are two entirely different things. And even if he feels one way right now, still relatively fresh off the trial, who's to say he'll still feel the same one, two, three, etc. years down the road? He is obviously still getting his life back on track and there are obviously still a lot of loose ends to tie up. I am not taking anything personally (other than this notion that some ppl, not you, but some have taken on that he should just ignore this market entirely, which is ridiculous)..I am just pointing out things as I see them, just like everyone else is..;)

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Wed May 31, 2006 1:58 am

InspirationMoonwalks wrote:No, I'm just asking your opinions. Sheesh.. :lol

And I don't take his personal decisions personally, either. All I'm doing is pointing out that just because he doesn't live here (if that's still the case by that time), doesn't mean he can't release or promote his stuff here, just like he would in any of the other major world markets.
Yeah we're not arguing over that. Nobody said b/c he's not living here it also means he can't release his material here.
I mean, why can't he at least visit here? What would happen? Would he be executed? I mean, really now.. :lol
See, you're looking at it from your own point of view. Maybe he just doesn't want to visit right now or any time soon? Period. And I'm saying if that turns out to be his decision, then I ain't gonna be mad at the brotha after seeing the hell he went through.
The living argument and the career argument are two entirely different things. And even if he feels one way right now, still relatively fresh off the trial, who's to say he'll still feel the same one, two, three, etc. years down the road?
Again, I'm not arguing about that. That's what I said a few posts back.
I am not taking anything personally (other than this notion that some ppl, not you, but some have taken on that he should just ignore this market entirely, which is ridiculous)..I am just pointing out things as I see them, just like everyone else is..;)
Yeah, I don't agree that he should ignore the U.S. market altogether. But again, I gotta say that if he did, I still wouldn't take it personally. That will be a decision he has to make for himself. Maybe that's just me.

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Wed May 31, 2006 2:06 am

[QUOTE=whisper]Yeah we're not arguing over that. Nobody said b/c he's not living here it also means he can't release his material here.

See, you're looking at it from your own point of view. Maybe he just doesn't want to visit right now or any time soon? Period. And I'm saying if that turns out to be his decision, then I ain't gonna be mad at the brotha after seeing the hell he went through.

Again, I'm not arguing about that. That's what I said a few posts back.

Yeah, I don't agree that he should ignore the U.S. market altogether. But again, I gotta say that if he did, I still wouldn't take it personally. That will be a decision he has to make for himself. Maybe that's just me.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. :) But it's also my opinion that it would be very foolish for him to ignore America all together, as it still is one of the (if not THE) biggest market in the world. He just won't acheive the full potential of his future success if he ignores this market. Period. And that would be sad, especially considering the fact that he STILL has a lot of people who respect him over here. Don't you see? That's exactly what his enemies WANT him to do! They WANT him to just stay away, they WANT him to fail. Diane Dimond salivates at the thought of him just hiding in Bahrain and never doing anything again. He would be giving into them if he ignored his homeland..

And yeah, I'll admit that I WOULD feel kinda slighted, as an American fan, if Michael just completely ignored my market, especially seeing as I and many of my fellow American fans supported him WHOLEHEARTEDLY all througtout his ordeal. WE didn't cause him that pain. WE can't help what the media here or Sneddon does! It would be a sort of slap in the face if he just turned around and ignored us after all that, you know? I really don't think he will, though. :8-26-03fruits_apple I'm just stating how I'd feel in that hypothetical situation, is all..

But other than that hypothetical, it isn't personal to me. It's just about wanting the best for Michael and wanting him to feel the FULL extent of his vindication, which should include him feeling free to come and go as he pleases and not having to feel like an outcast in his own, native country..

That's all..

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Wed May 31, 2006 2:12 am

[QUOTE=InspirationMoonwalks]Fair enough. :) But it's also my opinion that it would be very foolish for him to ignore America all together, as it still is one of the (if not THE) biggest market in the world. He just won't acheive the full potential of his future success if he ignores this market. Period. And that would be sad, especially considering the fact that he STILL has a lot of people who respect him over here. Don't you see? That's exactly what his enemies WANT him to do! They WANT him to just stay away, they WANT him to fail. Diane Dimond salivates at the thought of him just hiding in Bahrain and never doing anything again. He would be giving into them if he ignored his homeland..

And yeah, I'll admit that I WOULD feel kinda slighted, as an American fan, if Michael just completely ignored my market, especially seeing as I and many of my fellow American fans supported him WHOLEHEARTEDLY all througtout his ordeal. WE didn't cause him that pain. WE can't help what the media here or Sneddon does! It would be a sort of slap in the face if he just turned around and ignored us after all that, you know? I really don't think he will, though. :8-26-03fruits_apple I'm just stating how I'd feel in that hypothetical situation, is all..

But other than that hypothetical, it isn't personal to me. It's just about wanting the best for Michael and wanting him to feel the FULL extent of his vindication, which should include him feeling free to come and go as he pleases and not having to feel like an outcast in his own, native country..

That's all..[/QUOTE]
Well with all that being said, it will still be his decision, whether you think it foolish or not. That's all I'm sayng.

It would be a slap in the face to those who take it personally; who act as if he's slapping them in the face by doing what you hypothesized. And it would be just another avenue of division that people like Dimond will try to exploit like she does EVERYTHING.

I understand your point, but he can't live his life worried about what the Diane Dimond's of the world will think either.

It just ain't that serious to me. When I see that man smile and laugh like he hasn't a care in the world, then that's where I get my satisfaction.

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Wed May 31, 2006 2:25 am

[QUOTE=whisper]Well with all that being said, it will still be his decision, whether you think it foolish or not. That's all I'm sayng.

It would be a slap in the face to those who take it personally; who act as if he's slapping them in the face by doing what you hypothesized. And it would be just another avenue of division that people like Dimond will try to exploit like she does EVERYTHING.

I understand your point, but he can't live his life worried about what the Diane Dimond's of the world will think either.

It just ain't that serious to me. When I see that man smile and laugh like he hasn't a care in the world, then that's where I get my satisfaction.[/QUOTE]

I get what you're saying. :) But wouldn't it hurt and make you feel left out you if he didn't even release the CD here? If he just went about, along his merry way, acting like he doesn't even have a fanbase here? Because THAT, quite honestly, would be rude. His American fans supported him just as strongly as his fans in other countries did. If anything, we rose above what our media said to see the truth! I just think that would be pretty ungrateful and uncharacteristic of him, is all. Which is why I don't think he'll do that, LOL.

Please don't get me wrong. I am GLAD to see Michael free and supposedly happy. I thank GOD that he was vindicated! But, at the same time, was he really, truly vindicated if he were to feel like he could never come back to his home country, if even just to visit? That would be a tragedy, especially after all Michael has done for it and the world and ESPECIALLY since he was INNOCENT. I'm happy that he's not in jail right now, but I really hope that one day, he'll feel comfortable enough to come around to his native land again and realize that not everyone here has it out for him, if he doesn't already. It's really not about what his enemies think, it's about his personal freedom. And he won't really have it until he feels comfortable enough to go anywhere he pleases, includ. his motherland (if he really feels that way)..

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Wed May 31, 2006 2:33 am

[QUOTE=InspirationMoonwalks]I get what you're saying. :) But wouldn't it hurt and left out you if he didn't even release the CD here? If he just went about, along his merry way, acting like he doesn't even have a fanbase here? Because THAT, quite honestly, would be rude. His American fans supported him just as strongly as his fans in other countries did. If anything, we rose above what our media said to see the truth! I just think that would be pretty ungrateful and uncharacteristic of him, is all. Which is why I don't think he'll do that, LOL.

Please don't get me wrong. I am GLAD to see Michael free and supposedly happy. I thank GOD that he was vindicated! But, at the same time, was he really, truly vindicated if he were to feel like he could never come back to his home country, if even just to visit? That would be a tragedy, especially after all Michael has done for it and the world and ESPECIALLY since he was INNOCENT. I'm happy that he's not in jail right now, but I really hope that one day, he'll feel comfortable enough to come around to his native land again and realize that not everyone here has it out for him, if he doesn't already. It's really not about what his enemies think, it's about his personal freedom. And he won't really have it until he feels comfortable enough to go anywhere he pleases, includ. his motherland (if he really feels that way)..[/QUOTE]
The LAST thing I would ever call him would be "ungrateful". When it comes down to it, Mike didn't ask me to start writing MJEOL Bullets about his trial. He didn't ask you to come here to support him. Ya get what I mean? We chose to do that of our own free will. When you give a gift -- whether that's a gift of support or an actual gift -- you shouldn't necessarily expect to get something in return for it.

So to say it would be "ungrateful" if he didn't do something to please us because we CHOSE to support him sounds....kinda....selfish (in a sense) to me. I don't know.

It just doesn't seem plausible that he'd purposely withhold an album from the U.S. fans, but honestly I wouldn't feel hurt about it. You know we would be bootlegging his CD anyway. :lol It would be all over the place....including at MJEOL. Just look at those videos from Japan. :lol

I really hope that one day he can be treated like the human being that he is by certain California based authorities here in the U.S. But the kinds of things he's gone through would leave a bad taste in anyone's mouth.

And I keep going back to...i guess it was 1995 when he said that he would like to live abroad. He's been thinking for years about living somewhere other than America.

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Wed May 31, 2006 2:41 am

[QUOTE=whisper]The LAST thing I would ever call him would be "ungrateful". When it comes down to it, Mike didn't ask me to start writing MJEOL Bullets about his trial. He didn't ask you to come here to support him. Ya get what I mean? We chose to do that of our own free will. When you give a gift -- whether that's a gift of support or an actual gift -- you shouldn't necessarily expect to get something in return for it.

So to say it would be "ungrateful" if he didn't do something to please us because we CHOSE to support him sounds....kinda....selfish (in a sense) to me. I don't know.

It just doesn't seem plausible that he'd purposely withhold an album from the U.S. fans, but honestly I wouldn't feel hurt about it. You know we would be bootlegging his CD anyway. :lol It would be all over the place....including at MJEOL. Just look at those videos from Japan. :lol

I really hope that one day he can be treated like the human being that he is by certain California based authorities here in the U.S. But the kinds of things he's gone through would leave a bad taste in anyone's mouth.

And I keep going back to...i guess it was 1995 when he said that he would like to live abroad. He's been thinking for years about living somewhere other than America.[/QUOTE]

I KNOW that Michael is not "ungrateful". I know that he appreciates all of our support. I know that he was nothing but kind and generous to everyone who came out to support him at the trial. And I did support him out of my own heart and free will. I still do. :) But I'm just saying that it would be rather rude of him to just ignore the fan base here, esp. since we've been nothing but loyal to him and are not the problem in the first place. It's about appreciation. But I really don't think he'd do that. I'm speaking hypothetically, is all. :8-26-03fruits_apple It just wouldn't make sense to alienate an entire market, because of the actions of a certain SB DA. That would be totally unfair and implausible. But I know that that doesn't really make sense, ESPECIALLY considering the fact that the new label started out with the Katrina single. Um, who do you think that was for? Katrina happened in AMERICA, so I doubt he's ignoring the market there, LOL.

And the Primetime thing you pointed out only proves my point even more. Where he chooses to live has nothing to do with his career or even his feelings about all of America as a whole, as he was thinking about it, even before that 2nd time around.

I think Michael Jackson can think much more abstractly than some of his fans on the other forums can..LOL

privacy

Post by privacy » Wed May 31, 2006 3:33 am

But don't you think his children miss their home? Don't you think they tell Michael, 'We miss home. We're tired of moving around. We wanna go back'?

It's just not fair:(

I think as long as they have their dad around they're happy. Kids move all the damn time, move houses etc.. just because we know them and it's people we love doesn't mean it's really hard for them.
[align=center]Image

I knew I'd love you like I do[/align]

MJJ_Lover

Post by MJJ_Lover » Wed May 31, 2006 4:43 am

[QUOTE=privacy]I think as long as they have their dad around they're happy. Kids move all the damn time, move houses etc.. just because we know them and it's people we love doesn't mean it's really hard for them.[/QUOTE]

I agree :)
And I also think Michael has his children's best interests at heart, and always has.
\\\"... You wanna draw a line and say that this is crime and this ain't crime.\\\" - Charles Manson.

SpecialJanet25

Post by SpecialJanet25 » Wed May 31, 2006 7:46 am

I 100% don't blame Michael if never returns to the states. I wanted him to be happy and raise his children in a peaceful life. I'm sure he miss his fans and family here the states. Dana, you have understand despite his acquiitted, his reputation in America will never same because public opinion. He had battle and being through negative press for years. Plus, being following by photographers, wherever he goes. Just be happy that he did not ended up in jail or commit suicide. I'm don't care where he lives as long as he's happy. That horrible trial put a lot of stress on him and all of us. My dream for Michael is to see him back on stage performing, showing everyone that he's still the King of Pop.