MJ\'s Pal Hits Back at Critics

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:13 pm

MJ's Pal Hits Back at Critics

She explains all about THAT appearance of his at the World Music Awards...

World Music Awards founder Melissa Corken has spoken out in defence of MJ's 'performance' at the bash last Wednesday night.

Talking to MTV UK News, she said, "Let's get this straight, Michael was coming to collect an award, not perform. He doesn't have a record ready.

"The press picked up on a rumour that he was going to sing 'Thriller'. He was NEVER going to perform 'Thriller'. It was always going to be Chris Brown performing as a tribute"

She continued, "Michael was a little overwhelmed by (the press stories). He said I can't do 'Thriller' because I haven't done it for ten years.

"He wasn't quite ready to perform but he wanted to do something more than just accept his award so he decided to sing some of 'We Are The World'. He was courageous enough to do that."

And while most of the British tabs bigged up how many boos he got, Melissa told us the overall vibe of the show was overwhelmingly positive.

"He's played two times at the WMAs already but this time was even more explosive - I've never felt energy like that before. It was just wonderful. Over 10,000 people from all across the world came to see him.

"I love Michael, everyone assumes he's a diva but he's not - he demands nothing. He's just a really nice simple man. I went to see him and his beautiful children chilling in their hotel room."

And despite all the stick he also got for his appearance, Melissa told us that up close MJ looks fine. "He has beautiful skin and nice hair. He was looking good."

Source: http://www.mtv.co.uk/channel/20112006/j ... at_critics

T0dd0la

Post by T0dd0la » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:47 pm

Amen:) Thank God someone stept up to defend him..=) Its all true...;)

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:18 pm

Awww! That was sweet of her. And true. :)
[align=center]\\\"It's all for love. L.O.V.E\\\" ♥--Michael Jackson [/align] [align=center]We miss you... [/align]

[align=center]proud.to.be.an.american.mj.fan[/align]

danaluvsmj
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by danaluvsmj » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:26 pm

I'm glad she set the record straight. I think the speculation that he was going to perform was way out of proportion. It was way overhyped.

1958-2009

Gone Too Soon

Shannon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Shannon » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:37 pm

[QUOTE=danaluvsmj;176326]I'm glad she set the record straight. I think the speculation that he was going to perform was way out of proportion. It was way overhyped.[/QUOTE]

I second that.
[align=center]Image

Thank you, Leah

Thank you for everything,

Michael

...My Fanfiction...

You Are My Life

...My Website dedicated to Michael...

http://www.thesilencedtruth.com[/align]

Saphster

Post by Saphster » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:39 pm

whisper;176310 wrote:"He wasn't quite ready to perform but he wanted to do something more than just accept his award so he decided to sing some of 'We Are The World'. He was courageous enough to do that."
I KNEW IT! I told ya'll he was nice enough to do a little something, even if it was sing for a few seconds! LOL:P
And despite all the stick he also got for his appearance, Melissa told us that up close MJ looks fine. "He has beautiful skin and nice hair. He was looking good."
Oh yeah babes!:8-26-03respect:

\\\"My fans are still there. They still love me. They\\\'re alive.\\\" -Michael Jackson.

minnie yu

Post by minnie yu » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:00 pm

yeah those idiots need to listen to it..yeah..!!!!:8-26-03respect:
\\\" There have been times in my life when i , like everyone has had to wonder about GOD\\\'s existence.when Prince smiles, when Paris giggles, i have no doubts. Children are GOD\\\'s gift to us, no, they are more than that, they are the very form of GOD\\\'s energy and creativity and love. He is to be found in their innocence, experienced in their playfulness.\\\":8-26-03respect: :)

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:01 pm

As founder of the WMA's, I'm glad she said something. I know probably she just wants to gloss over all the other logistical miscues at the awards, though. But if she had to say anything, its great that she chose to speak out about Michael.

"I love Michael, everyone assumes he's a diva but he's not - he demands nothing. He's just a really nice simple man. I went to see him and his beautiful children chilling in their hotel room."
Aww. :cloud9
...and you know dis!
[align=center]Image[/align]

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:10 pm

As founder of the WMA's, I'm glad she said something. I know probably she just wants to gloss over all the other logistical miscues at the awards, though. But if she had to say anything, its great that she chose to speak out about Michael.
I don't see this particular article as her glossing over logistical miscues. I think she was adressing the specific issue of the way the media lost their f_ckin' minds about what they thought was supposed to be a "performance". And she particularly spoke to it.

ajkinkycuffs

Post by ajkinkycuffs » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:15 pm

this is really great positive news

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:47 pm

[QUOTE=whisper;176341]I don't see this particular article as her glossing over logistical miscues. I think she was adressing the specific issue of the way the media lost their f_ckin' minds about what they thought was supposed to be a "performance". And she particularly spoke to it.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I didn't mean that she'd do that in his particular article, I meant with her making a public statement in general to address the problems during the awards. Then again? Her job is not to wake a sleeping giant. The media wasn't at all focused the delays between performances or any of the other issues. They focused on MIKE.

Good for her for addressing the madness around him--and making it personal at that! I loved that she upped his appearance. People just don't know what they're missin' out on, too busy talking junk about him!

MJfan01'

Post by MJfan01' » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:09 pm

good article

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:03 pm

Then again? Her job is not to wake a sleeping giant. The media wasn't at all focused the delays between performances or any of the other issues. They focused on MIKE.
You got the hint. :P Yeah I noticed the absence too. But I thought the article was particularly on the issue of Mike.

I wonder too if Raymone B. didn't have something to do with making sure these people spoke up about the truth instead of remaining silent and hoping the attention would go away.

I tell ya, people can say what they want about Raymone B. Unless or until she does something worthy of my total and utter hatred (:lol), I'm gonna give her a chance because she's done more for Mike than any PR person has done for him in at least the last 10 years.

EuphoricNostalgia

Post by EuphoricNostalgia » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:28 pm

Ahhh...very nice article.:D I just don't appreciate the 'name' they call him in their site. What is so hard about writing Jackson?:rolleyes:

But anyway, I liked reading this article especially this part:
:wub:

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:45 am

[QUOTE=whisper;176374]I tell ya, people can say what they want about Raymone B. Unless or until she does something worthy of my total and utter hatred (:lol), I'm gonna give her a chance because she's done more for Mike than any PR person has done for him in at least the last 10 years.[/QUOTE]
I'm reserving judgement on her. She may not always act when we want her to act, or say the things that we want her to say. Thing is, we're not in her shoes, and cannot even begin to imagine the chaos. Sometimes its frustrating as a fan when certain things go down and it makes you wonder if it could have been prevented, but other than that...Sista has to screw up big time for me to get my steel toed boots out!