Rolling Stone’s Hateful Jab at Jackson is Pathetic - MiniBullet #29

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:06 am

FEB 20 2007 - The vapid and irrelevant music mag Rolling Stone reportedly has an ad with a picture of a kid holding onto a sequined-gloved hand along with the subtitle "Rolling Stone. Where music and sex coexist."

It’s an obvious and rather hackneyed jab at Michael Jackson. After I threw up in my mouth a little, I realized how pathetic the ad was. A few losers may find it "cute" and "hip", but many find it tasteless and simply ridiculous.

According to Adsoftheworld’s website, the ad was part of a campaign created by DDB Brazil, an agency in São Paulo, Brazil.

The once-useful magazine didn't use the iconic image of any other music star that was actually guilty, and found to be guilty, of such illegal behavior in a court of law. Exactly how desperate for ideas does one have to be in order to use innuendo about sex with kids for an ad? And why not use a real example?

However, even if the rag...uh, I meant mag...had used a picture of Gary Glitter, for example, holding a kid’s hand with the same subtitle, it would be just as disgusting as making fun of a kid who was molested.

Glitter, by the way, was arrested, tried and sentenced to 3 years in prison last year for molesting girls in Vietnam. But, hey, why use someone who's actually been found guilty when you can make fun of someone who you wished were guilty instead? That would just be too...serious, I guess.

Speaking of ‘glitter’, when’s the last time we’ve even seen Michael Jackson wearing a sequined glove in public?? But I digress.

Over at OneInchPunch, the blogger writes “Rolling Stone Tastelessly Alludes to Child Molestation to Sell Mag” and calls the ad “loathsome”.

Who’s making decisions over there anyway? Remember, Rolling Stone is the same magazine that took the initiative to crown Justin Timberlake as the “King of Pop”, though he’s done nothing really to deserve it.

That decision caused many critics, music journalists, and fans alike to wonder who the hell was making the decisions over at the glorified magazine. Maybe this little jab against Jackson will also raise questions as to who’s calling the shots?

Or hey, maybe they just didn't get the memo that making fun of molestation isn't cute, funny or something to be congratulated regardless of whether it’s used in a failed attempt to be edgy.

Whatever the reason, it’s still pretty pathetic.

Note to Rolling Stone: If I wanted a bunch of no-brained, know-nothing smart-asses making fun of people, I’d read the rest of your magazine…or watch The View with Rosie O’Donnell and Joy Behar… or watch videos of Court TV’s coverage of the 2005 Michael Jackson trial!

While I grab a bag of popcorn and hunt through old tapes, why don’t you send in your two cents to Rolling “Kidney” Stone magazine. Here’s some contact info for you:

rgscustserv@cdsfulfillment.com
rsonline@real.com
rslabelrelations@real.com
RSPublicity@real.com

TruthSeeker

Post by TruthSeeker » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:26 am

Tell em whisper!!!

Romimj

Post by Romimj » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:21 am

[QUOTE=TruthSeeker;186168]Tell em whisper!!![/QUOTE]

What she said ;)
[align=center]Image

MICHAEL, NEVER GONE!!!!!!!!

WILL NEVER BE GONE!!!

:wub: Image:cloud9[/align]

Shannon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Shannon » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:29 pm

:bowdown

Wow... whisper, that's excellent written. As always.

You worded my thoughts and view on it exactly. :thumbsup
[align=center]Image

Thank you, Leah

Thank you for everything,

Michael

...My Fanfiction...

You Are My Life

...My Website dedicated to Michael...

http://www.thesilencedtruth.com[/align]

Mack Dogg

Post by Mack Dogg » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:43 pm

It was made in brazil?? Funny how the Americans and Europeans and Asians let it go and accepted the fact that he was accquitted.

danaluvsmj
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by danaluvsmj » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:57 pm

Well done, Whisper! It just boggles my mind that they would include Michael in that ad instead of someone like R.Kelly or Pete Townsend who were also accused of molestation. Such a double standard.:angry:

1958-2009

Gone Too Soon

Cristine87

Post by Cristine87 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:32 pm

I just found it to be so tasteless and gross! It gives you this perverse mental picture, and ...ewww! It's also made me realize that the MJ bashing is really played out. It's beyond repetitive and it's the same sh*t over and over again. The man was aqcuited, leave it alone! Stop kicking a dead horse!

Shannon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Shannon » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:39 pm

[QUOTE=danaluvsmj;186179]Well done, Whisper! It just boggles my mind that they would include Michael in that ad instead of someone like R.Kelly or Pete Townsend who were also accused of molestation. Such a double standard.:angry:[/QUOTE]

But was R. Kelly convicted? :unsure:

However, I think one of the main reasons why they use Michael Jackson is because of who he is, there's no other star out there as big as he is, and for that, it's awfully easy to take advantage of him. Using Gary Glitter would give a slightly more fair impression of it, if I may use that term, but the ad would still remain disgusting. Sex with children is by no meaning funny and should not be tolerated at all.
[align=center]Image

Thank you, Leah

Thank you for everything,

Michael

...My Fanfiction...

You Are My Life

...My Website dedicated to Michael...

http://www.thesilencedtruth.com[/align]

danaluvsmj
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by danaluvsmj » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:51 pm

Yeah, I agree with you on that, Veronica. No matter who was dipicted in the ad, molestation is still disgusting and is not funny.I was just pointing out the double standards.

1958-2009

Gone Too Soon

Twittegirl

Post by Twittegirl » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:24 pm

[QUOTE=danaluvsmj;186179]Well done, Whisper! It just boggles my mind that they would include Michael in that ad instead of someone like R.Kelly or Pete Townsend who were also accused of molestation. Such a double standard.:angry:[/QUOTE]

I agree:)

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:20 pm

OMG I completely forgot about R. Kelley. hey, what the hell went on with his trial? Did he even have a trial?

And thanks for the compliments yall. :D

SpecialJanet25

Post by SpecialJanet25 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:57 pm

[QUOTE=whisper;186198]OMG I completely forgot about R. Kelley. hey, what the hell went on with his trial? Did he even have a trial?

And thanks for the compliments yall. :D[/QUOTE]

So far, no trial date has been set. its been 5 years since his arrest, and the alleged victim in that alleged, infamous tape ( I'm saying this because I did not see the tape) will not testify. Who knows what the hell is going.

Debbyg

Post by Debbyg » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:14 pm

[QUOTE=SpecialJanet25;186199]So far, no trial date has been set. its been 5 years since his arrest, and the alleged victim in that alleged, infamous tape ( I'm saying this because I did not see the tape) will not testify. Who knows what the hell is going.[/QUOTE]

Yes there is a tape of R Kelley cause I had saw it and he did do those thing to young girls .
I don't care what people say .I still say this is Y i do not like Michael here in the good U.S.A . they always put hem down . I always worry about him being here . I will say it over and over again . I just don't went him here in the good U.S.A even I live here too. cause they don't like him . I look at other countries they all love him . I think that is so sad wen you Born in a country that always put you down all the time :confused:
I\\\'m DebbyG man and I love her so bad she kenos how to make me feel so good in you keno were ?? but I still love all of you[img][img]http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m67/ ... pmg007.jpg[/img][/img]

danaluvsmj
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by danaluvsmj » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:55 pm

Debby, that ad was made in BRAZIL, not the U.S! Read the article:

According to Adsoftheworld’s website, the ad was part of a campaign created by DDB Brazil, an agency in São Paulo, Brazil.

There are other countries who say bad things about Michael. The U.S. isn't the ONLY ONE. Anywhere he goes he will equally be loved or hated.

1958-2009

Gone Too Soon

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:59 am

[QUOTE=Debbyg;186238]Yes there is a tape of R Kelley cause I had saw it and he did do those thing to young girls .
I don't care what people say .I still say this is Y i do not like Michael here in the good U.S.A . they always put hem down . I always worry about him being here . I will say it over and over again . I just don't went him here in the good U.S.A even I live here too. cause they don't like him . I look at other countries they all love him . I think that is so sad wen you Born in a country that always put you down all the time :confused:[/QUOTE]

Oh, Lord, let's not start THAT ish again..:rolleyes: LOL! :lol Dana's absolutely right, this ad is from Brazil, but even if it were from the US, that doesn't mean that EVERYONE here thinks that way, just like everyone in England would not agree to the trash they write about him in the rags over there, etc, etc...let's end that generalization and stigmatism right now, okay? If Michael felt the same way you do, he would not be here right now, as we 'speak'. Period. :P

This ad is just ridiculous. :rolleyes: Like I've said in the past, this just goes to show you how smallminded and immature people who make this kind of crap are. I mean, even if you did think he were guilty, how is THAT funny ? I'm sorry, but I just don't think the topic of child sexual abuse is humorous, no matter who was or was not involved. It's just tasteless and I think a lot of people would be put off by it, Michael supporters or not..
[align=center]\\\"It's all for love. L.O.V.E\\\" ♥--Michael Jackson [/align] [align=center]We miss you... [/align]

[align=center]proud.to.be.an.american.mj.fan[/align]