Baby [We Aren’t] Going To Vegas or Being “Gangsta”; Bain Steps It Up?

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

Shannon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Shannon » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:56 am

[QUOTE=mysteriousone;188607]But does Michael need help? If his most recent trip to Japan and London is anything to go by, he doesn't need help of any kind, LOL, well, except perhaps hiring more bodyguards to help keep him and his kids safe, lol! Hell, he doesn't even have to do shows-- not in Las Vegas, not anywhere, he's still a superstar! Peeps go nuts when he's around, we've all witnessed that! I find it absolutely amazing the way he still manages to get all the attention and attract thousands of people, after not having made any music in ten years, not toured, nothing--incredible!!!

But anyway, I don't believe in this A list, B list stuff! :uh_uh:

I hope he does do a couple of shows in Vegas so my friends on MJEOL get to see him perform live! :D

Mysti![/QUOTE]

I wholeheartedly agree, hun, except from the ten years thing. Michael's Invincible was released in 2001, if I remember correctly. :P And he also did a few shows in Madison Square Garden, but yeah... it's still amazing. :wub: It's the magic of Michael Jackson, I reckon. :wink

Though, I, personally, would LOVE if he came and did a few shows in Norway and New Zealand too. :8-26-03fruits_apple :lol No way I will let Las Vegas have all the fun by themselves. :uh_uh: Call me greedy, but c'mon... LOL. :lol
[align=center]Image

Thank you, Leah

Thank you for everything,

Michael

...My Fanfiction...

You Are My Life

...My Website dedicated to Michael...

http://www.thesilencedtruth.com[/align]

FriendinMoscow

Post by FriendinMoscow » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:35 pm

[QUOTE=mysteriousone;188607]

[/QUOTE]

That's basically all I was trying to say:)

FriendinMoscow

Post by FriendinMoscow » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:41 pm

[QUOTE=HeavenSent;188569]Kinda of arrogant?

She made valid points Jordan, there really is no need to cast yourself so superiorly. What was so illogical about them vs yours? Since it's an editorial, I thought you'd defend it a little better. Tara, Dana and I had our say as well...what do you think about what was expressed?[/QUOTE]

Awwwww:wub: Thanks for the support, Carla!

So, what are you sayin', Jordan? That in your opinion you're A-list and I'm B?:lol:rollin

I do think Jordan's response was pretty contained though, considering I said he was being a snob in the editorial:lol: (which I would have said much more kindly if I'd known he wrote it:) )

mysteriousone

Post by mysteriousone » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:42 pm

[QUOTE=FriendinMoscow;188666]That's basically all I was trying to say:)[/QUOTE]
LMAO! I KNOW THAT!!!

That was meant for the person who started the thread, dear! LOL

Mysti!
[align=center]Image

Thank you, Veronica! :wub:[/align]

mysteriousone

Post by mysteriousone » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:46 pm

[QUOTE=Shannon;188612]I wholeheartedly agree, hun, except from the ten years thing. Michael's Invincible was released in 2001, if I remember correctly. :P And he also did a few shows in Madison Square Garden, but yeah... it's still amazing. :wub: It's the magic of Michael Jackson, I reckon. :wink

Though, I, personally, would LOVE if he came and did a few shows in Norway and New Zealand too. :8-26-03fruits_apple :lol No way I will let Las Vegas have all the fun by themselves. :uh_uh: Call me greedy, but c'mon... LOL. :lol[/QUOTE]
Well SEVERAL years then! Better? :bleh

:lol

Yeah, I would LOVE for him to visit New Zealand again, and it wouldn't necessarily have to be to do a show either! I'd be happy with him just stopping over! LOL!

Mysti!
[align=center]Image

FriendinMoscow

Post by FriendinMoscow » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:46 pm

[QUOTE=mysteriousone;188668]LMAO! I KNOW THAT!!!

That was meant for the person who started the thread, dear! LOL

Mysti![/QUOTE]

Oh I know YOU know :D

mysteriousone

Post by mysteriousone » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:49 pm

[QUOTE=FriendinMoscow;188670]Oh I know YOU know :D[/QUOTE]
LMFAO! Of course you do!

Mysti!
[align=center]Image

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:24 am

[QUOTE=mysteriousone;188607]But does Michael need help? If his most recent trip to Japan and London is anything to go by, he doesn't need help of any kind, LOL, well, except perhaps hiring more bodyguards to help keep him and his kids safe, lol! Hell, he doesn't even have to do shows-- not in Las Vegas, not anywhere, he's still a superstar! Peeps go nuts when he's around, we've all witnessed that! I find it absolutely amazing the way he still manages to get all the attention and attract thousands of people, after not having made any music in ten years, not toured, nothing--incredible!!!

I hope he does do a couple of shows in Vegas so my friends on MJEOL get to see him perform live! :D

Mysti![/QUOTE]

Good points (well, except for the ten years thing, which has already been pointed out, previously since in this thread, hehehe ;) :8-26-03fruits_apple ). I think that the main thing a 'Vegas show' or something of that nature could and most likely would do for Michael would be to bring the focus back to his musical ability, in a broader sense. As you already pointed out so well, Michael Jackson's fame and visibility has already been wellllllll established. And as I mentioned before, he could retire today and still forever be known for all of his previous artistic accomplishments and contributions. His celebrity and the attention he is practically guranteed because of it is pretty well set in stone, lol. :P BUT, a new album, show, whatever would,I think, turn a lot of people's attentions from all the speculations and theories about his public persona and personal life and constantly referring to the past when it comes to him as an artist (i.e all the people who seem stuck in the "Thriller" era) to the artist he still IS and all that he still has to give as that artist, you know? That he has already acheived great things but is not done yet..and is pursuing that, on his own terms. It would also help to further expand his legacy to an all new generation, which would pretty much be the cherry on top, as I cannot think of any other artist, who has been around half as long as Michael has, who has such a diverse range of fans agewise..and who has gained so many young fans and new ones with each 'era'..and even in between (like the LWMJ and trial times, and even afterwards!). No, he doesn't "need" to perform, or expand on all he's already acheived, but he clearly WANTS to and I think doing that will only be a bonus for him..and bring the focus back to what it's all about, even more. :8-26-03fruits_apple

BTW, thanks for the vote of confidence for a potential show in Vegas, lol. If it happens, I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooo there and I hope a lot of you all will be, too!! :D
[align=center]\\\"It's all for love. L.O.V.E\\\" ♥--Michael Jackson [/align] [align=center]We miss you... [/align]

[align=center]proud.to.be.an.american.mj.fan[/align]

mysteriousone

Post by mysteriousone » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:48 am

[QUOTE=InspirationMoonwalks;188686]Good points (well, except for the ten years thing, which has already been pointed out, previously since in this thread, hehehe ;) :8-26-03fruits_apple ). I think that the main thing a 'Vegas show' or something of that nature could and most likely would do for Michael would be to bring the focus back to his musical ability, in a broader sense. As you already pointed out so well, Michael Jackson's fame and visibility has already been wellllllll established. And as I mentioned before, he could retire today and still forever be known for all of his previous artistic accomplishments and contributions. His celebrity and the attention he is practically guranteed because of it is pretty well set in stone, lol. :P BUT, a new album, show, whatever would,I think, turn a lot of people's attentions from all the speculations and theories about his public persona and personal life and constantly referring to the past when it comes to him as an artist (i.e all the people who seem stuck in the "Thriller" era) to the artist he still IS and all that he still has to give as that artist, you know? That he has already acheived great things but is not done yet..and is pursuing that, on his own terms. It would also help to further expand his legacy to an all new generation, which would pretty much be the cherry on top, as I cannot think of any other artist, who has been around half as long as Michael has, who has such a diverse range of fans agewise..and who has gained so many young fans and new ones with each 'era'..and even in between (like the LWMJ and trial times, and even afterwards!). No, he doesn't "need" to perform, or expand on all he's already acheived, but he clearly WANTS to and I think doing that will only be a bonus for him..and bring the focus back to what it's all about, even more. :8-26-03fruits_apple

BTW, thanks for the vote of confidence for a potential show in Vegas, lol. If it happens, I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooo there and I hope a lot of you all will be, too!! :D[/QUOTE]

*applauds* You brought up some good points yourself, Tara! :thumbsup

I doubt very much I will be there, not in Las Vegas--it's too far away and I have too many committments, it's just not possible I'm afraid! I'm quite contented really, having already seen him perform, it'll just make my day for all those who haven't seen him perform have their dream come true! :wub:

Mysti!
[align=center]Image

Shannon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Shannon » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:41 am

[QUOTE=mysteriousone;188669]Well SEVERAL years then! Better? :bleh

:lol

Yeah, I would LOVE for him to visit New Zealand again, and it wouldn't necessarily have to be to do a show either! I'd be happy with him just stopping over! LOL!

Mysti![/QUOTE]

Ohh, of course. I bet he would love the Norwegian trolls and stuff, if he didn't already buy one or two when he visited Norway TEN years ago. :bleh :lol
[align=center]Image

Thank you, Leah

Michael

...My Fanfiction...

You Are My Life

Shannon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Shannon » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:57 am

[QUOTE=InspirationMoonwalks;188686] BTW, thanks for the vote of confidence for a potential show in Vegas, lol. If it happens, I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooo there and I hope a lot of you all will be, too!! :D[/QUOTE]

Aah, if he indeed is doing a show in Vegas, I will do my best by making my presence there, but I also know it won't be the easiest thing, not when it comes to money either. :unsure: So in that sense, I really hope he will at least do something a little closer too, like say London for example which only takes two hours by plane. But we shall see... :popcorn
[align=center]Image

Thank you, Leah

Michael

...My Fanfiction...

You Are My Life

Saphster

Post by Saphster » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:19 pm

I love Michael...:D

\\\"My fans are still there. They still love me. They\\\'re alive.\\\" -Michael Jackson.