Michael Jackson and Jamie take Japan by storm (May 2007 Issue)

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

BEE2006
Trial Period
Trial Period

Post by BEE2006 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:54 pm

[QUOTE=Michael's_Lolly;190003]
This part, actually. *laughs at mysti* THAT was funny, though. XD

I think it's just the way she wrote it. I hope to God it's not really how she makes it sound. I like to think of Michael as color blind. Deliberately having a team of black people just to have a team of black people is...wrong. IMO. So I didn't like that she mentioned the ethnicity of his staff, much less said they were all black. I remember talking to fans in the past who said that, "He needs to/should have all black people working with him," and whatnot, and similar sayings. Change the ethnicity in those sentences to "white", if I'm not mistaken that'd be taken as racist. Thus, I think having an all black staff for the sake of having an all black staff is racist.

That's why I hope to God it isn't really how she makes it sound. XD

Sorry for the long explanation--hopefully I made some sense. :bleh :lol

~ML~
[/QUOTE]

OK! SERIOUSLY I AM TRULY OFFENDED BY YOUR COMMENT::screaming ohnoyoudidnt :8-26-03ranting: :screaming

WHAT'S WRONG WITH MICHAEL HAVING ALL BLACK PEOPLE WORKING FOR HIM WHEN IN THE PAST ALL WHITE FOLKS WERE WORKING FOR HIM AND THEY DID NOT DO A GOOD JOB ALL HE GOT IN WAS TROUBLES.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH WHAT SHE SAID ,

LET ME TELL YOU AS A BLACK WOMAN I AM TRULY OFFENDED TO SEE THAT5 SOME OF YOU REFUSE TO ADMIT THAT MJ IS A BLACK MAN AND WAS BORN BLACK AND WILL DIE BLACK

WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT DEAL WITH IT ,

I SAW THE SAME COMMENT ON MJNEWSONLINE AND I AM SICK AND TIRED OF HEARING AND READING PEOPLE HAVING A PROBLEM WITH MJ HAVING BLACK PEOPLE AROUND HIM ,

I TRULY THINK AND WISH WITH ALL MY HEART THAT MJ WILL CONSIDER MARRYING A BLACK WOMAN TOO AND HAVE SOME BLACK KIDS OF HIS OWN.

AND YES I AM JUST LIKE A MJ A PROUD BLACK WOMAN, .
LIKE MJ IS A BLACK MAN , AND CLAIMS IT .

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH WHAT JAMIE SAID CAUSE I REMEMBER THERE WAS A TIME THAT IF YOU WEREN'T WHITE YOU COULDN'T GET CLOSED TO MJ, I HAVE LIVED THE EXPERINCE MYSELF.

EVEN MJJSOURCE WAS RAN BY WHITE FOLKS, THEY HAD ACCESS TO HIS MONEY AND LOOK WHAT THEY DID TO HIM.

WHO CONSPIRED AGAINST MJ TO RUN HIM INTO BANKRUPTCY?
TELL ME WHO ?

IF MJ WANTS AN ALL BLACK STAFF THEN HE CAN HAVE IT , PERIOD !
THAT DOESN'T MAKE HIM RACIST,

THAT DON'T MEAN HE HATE WHITE FOLKS , IT MEANS THAT HE WANTS AN ALL BLACK STAFF PERIOD .
ESPECIALLY AFTER SO MANY WHITE FOLKS RUN HIM OUT OF BUSINESS AND ARE LINING UP TO SUE HIM FOR MORE MONEY.

MJ'S ADMINISTRATION WAS RAN BY WHITE FOLKS, RAYMONE ALSO WAS FIRED SO WHITE FOLKS COULD CONTROL MJ ONCE AGAIN AFTER THE TRIAL , BUT I AM GLAD MJ STUCK FOR HER.

SHE WAS HIRED BACK RIGHT AFTER MJ FOUND OUT THAT SHE WAS FIRED BY THE SAME PEOPLE WHO WERE RESPONSIBLE FOR MJJSOURCE.

I AM TRULY TRULY OFFENDED , WHY WOULD IT BE RACIST IF MJ HAS ONLY BLACK FOLKS AROUND HIM,

AND WHY WOULDN'T YOU SEE A PROBLEM OR DIDN'T YOU SEE A PROBLEM WITH MJ HAVING AN ALL WHITE STAFF IN HIS THEN ADMINISTRATION?

TELL ME WHY IT HAS TO BE A F** KING FROBLEM WHEN IT COMES TO HIS OWN RACE?
WHAT THE F* CK IS WRONG WITH YOU?

SO IT IS A PROBLEM WHEN IT IS BLACK BUT NOT A PROBLEM WHEN IT IS WHITE ?

WELL I WISH A GOD HEAR ME PLEASE THAT MJ WOULD MARRY A BEAUTIFUL BLACK WOMAN.

FRANKLY HE NEEDS TO GET BACK TO HIS ROOTS,

HIS IS BLACK AND THERE IS NO PROBLEM WITH IT , JAMIE DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING RACIST,

WHY THE HELL ARE YOU ATTACKING JAMIE?

SO, BECAUSE SHE IS BLACK SHE HAS NO RIGHT TO LOVE HERSELF AND HER PEOPLE AS A BLACK WOMAN?

IS SHE SUPPOSED TO LOVE YOUR ASS MORE THAT SHE LOVES HERSELF? SHOULD SHE BE ASHAMED TO SAY BLACK PEOPLE?
NO, SHE SHOULDN'T,

CAUSE I AM NOT ASHAMED OF MY BLACKNESS I THANK GOD FOR IT. THAT DON'T MAKE ME RACIST, IT MEANS THAT I AM PROUD OF WHO I AM, PERIOD.

AND IS MJ SUPPOSED TO LOVE YOU MORE THAN HE LOVES HIMSELF AND HIS PEOPLE?

IS MJ SUPPOSED TO HATE US ?
BLACK FOLKS?

YOU ARE THE RACIST ONE WITH YOUR FREAKEN RACIST COMMENT.

SHE WAS SAYING THAT ACCORDING TO MJ NOT HAVING NOT ONE PERSON RESPONSIBLE RUNNING HIS THEN ADMINISTRATION , THAT WAS BLACK.

AND SHE IS AN AFRICAN AMERICAN, SO SHE DIDN'T MEAN ANYTHING RACIST , AND SISTER TO SISTER IS AN AFRICAN AMERICAN MAGAZINE.

IF ANYBODY IS RACIST HERE IT IS NOT MJ , IT IS NOT ME BUT IT IS YOU.

I AM SICK OF THIS UNDERCOVER RACISM TOWARDS BLACK PEOPLE.

AND BY THE WAY MJ NEEDS TO PAY CONSIDERATION TO HIS BLACK AUDIENCE.

WE BLACK PEOPLE WE ARE NOT ANIMALS, WE ARE PEOPLE WE HAVE FEELINGS, WE ARE SENSITIVE,
JUST LIKE YOU.

JUST BECAUSE YOUR SKIN IS WHITE THAT DON'T MAKE YOU SUPERIOR , OR BETTER THAN ME.:ohnoyoudidnt

smoody

Post by smoody » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:04 pm

I think it's just the way she wrote it. I hope to God it's not really how she makes it sound. I like to think of Michael as color blind. Deliberately having a team of black people just to have a team of black people is...wrong. IMO. So I didn't like that she mentioned the ethnicity of his staff, much less said they were all black. I remember talking to fans in the past who said that, "He needs to/should have all black people working with him," and whatnot, and similar sayings. Change the ethnicity in those sentences to "white", if I'm not mistaken that'd be taken as racist. Thus, I think having an all black staff for the sake of having an all black staff is racist.

~ML~
[/QUOTE]
I hear your concern and I would like to voice my opinion as well.
I think to have an all black staff just for the sake of having an all black staff would be wrong and I can't see that as being the case with Michael. Having a qualified staff that happens to be black is a whole other story
Now having said that, I need to speak to the comment about if Michael had an all white staff it would be perceived as racist. You have to understand that Michael Jackson is the face of a corporation just like McDonald's or Pepsi. Instead of mass producing a product, HE IS the product. If Michael Jackson CEO of this corporation has given opportunities to African Americans in key roles in this company that is note worthy, especially in roles such as Raymone Bain's. You are very right it would be racist to lift up an all white staff because whites in the U.S. DO NOT have a problem making a place for themselves in the corporate world! Minorities DO. That is the blinding difference. I'll give you an example when I was in high school years ago I was reading an article in Ebony magazine. My best friend who was white started looking through it with me. We may have turned three pages before she said "everyone in this magazine is black." I said yeah it's a black publication. She looks at me and said "that's not fair there's no all white magazine." I said "oh yes there are!!! Vogue, Cosmo, GQ and any of the rest of the mags on a news stand. If this looks unfair it's because it was born out of the unfairness of being over looked for so many years." The fact of the matter is the playing field has been unfairly tilted to the right for so long and we were told this was normal. Therfore any attempt to level it feels like your unfairly tilting to the left. I hope I was able to express my point clearly.

BEE2006
Trial Period
Trial Period

Post by BEE2006 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:12 pm

[QUOTE=smoody;190008]I hear your concern and I would like to voice my opinion as well.
I think to have an all black staff just for the sake of having an all black staff would be wrong and I can't see that as being the case with Michael. Having a qualified staff that happens to be black is a whole other story
Now having said that, I need to speak to the comment about if Michael had an all white staff it would be perceived as racist. You have to understand that Michael Jackson is the face of a corporation just like McDonald's or Pepsi. Instead of mass producing a product, HE IS the product. If Michael Jackson CEO of this corporation has given opportunities to African Americans in key roles in this company that is note worthy, especially in roles such as Raymone Bain's. You are very right it would be racist to lift up an all white staff because whites in the U.S. DO NOT have a problem making a place for themselves in the corporate world! Minorities DO. That is the blinding difference. I'll give you an example when I was in high school years ago I was reading an article in Ebony magazine. My best friend who was white started looking through it with me. We may have turned three pages before she said "everyone in this magazine is black." I said yeah it's a black publication. She looks at me and said "that's not fair there's no all white magazine." I said "oh yes there are!!! Vogue, Cosmo, GQ and any of the rest of the mags on a news stand. If this looks unfair it's because it was born out of the unfairness of being over looked for so many years." The fact of the matter is the playing field has been unfairly tilted to the right for so long and we were told this was normal. Therfore any attempt to level it feels like your unfairly tilting to the left. I hope I was able to express my point clearly.[/QUOTE]
I DON'T SEE ANY PROBLEM WITH MJ HAVING AN ALL BLACK STAFF BLACK PEOPLE NEED TO FEED THEMSELVES AND FAMILY AND WE AS A WHOLE ARE THE POOREST RACE ON THE PLANET SO IF A BLACK MAN CAN AFFORD TO HIRE HIS BROTHERS AND SISTERS, THEN FINE WITH ME.
CAUSE WE HAVE NEEDS TOO.
WHITE FOKLS NEED TO REALIZE THAT EVEN IF THEY THINK THAT THEY RULE THE WORLD OR THINK THAT THEY CAN RULE THE WORLD , THEY ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE ON THIS PLANET , THERE IS OTHER RACES LIVING HERE TOO.
GET IT ?

BEE2006
Trial Period
Trial Period

Post by BEE2006 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:15 pm

[QUOTE=BEE2006;190009]I DON'T SEE ANY PROBLEM WITH MJ HAVING AN ALL BLACK STAFF BLACK PEOPLE NEED TO FEED THEMSELVES AND FAMILY AND WE AS A WHOLE ARE THE POOREST RACE ON THE PLANET SO IF A BLACK MAN CAN AFFORD TO HIRE HIS BROTHERS AND SISTERS, THEN FINE WITH ME.
CAUSE WE HAVE NEEDS TOO.
WHITE FOKLS NEED TO REALIZE THAT EVEN IF THEY THINK THAT THEY RULE THE WORLD OR THINK THAT THEY CAN RULE THE WORLD , THEY ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE ON THIS PLANET , THERE IS OTHER RACES LIVING HERE TOO.
GET IT ?[/QUOTE]
Michael's_Lolly

SO WHAT?
IF MJ MARRIES A BLACK WOMAN YOU WON'T LIKE HIM NO MORE?
WELL THAT YOU MAKE YOU A RACIST.
A TOTAL RACIST,

smoody

Post by smoody » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:35 pm

BEE2006, I am not sure if you read my entire post. Go back and read it and let me know if I made myself clear. I get the feeling that a lot of my point was lost to you.

Michael's_Lolly, I want you to know that even though I don't agree with your point, I don't feel by asking your question you are racist. That is a heavy term to use and I don't feel it should be used lightly.

BEE2006
Trial Period
Trial Period

Post by BEE2006 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:38 pm

[QUOTE=smoody;190012]BEE2006, I am not sure if you read my entire post. Go back and read it and let me know if I made myself clear. I get the feeling that a lot of my point was lost to you.

Michael's_Lolly, I want you to know that even though I don't agree with your point, I don't feel by asking your question you are racist. That is a heavy term to use and I don't feel it should be used lightly.[/QUOTE]

SMOODY DARLIN' I AM SO MAD THAT I COULDN'T CLICK CLEARLY!

I AM SORRY I DIDN'T MEAN TO USE YOUR QUOTE BUT THIS OTHER PERSON'S QUOTE,

I AM SORRY, I READ YOUR POST AND TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU

IT IS HER ( MICHAEL'S LOLLYPOP ) WHOM I DON'T AGREE WITH

WHEN SHE SAYS THAT IF MJ HAS AN ALL BLACK STAFF THAT MAKES HIM RACIST ,
I THINK IT IS TOTALLY RACIST ON HER PART TO SAY THAT.

smoody

Post by smoody » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:47 pm

I am glad you were able to understand. As for Michael's_Lolly I don't think she meant any harm. I think she thought that the writer was misrepresenting Michael's intentions.:glare:

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:10 am

~ML~
[/QUOTE]

I don't think you're being "racist", lol...just bringing up a noticeable, interesting point, out of concern for equality. :cool:

I just think that, by emphasizing that, Jamie is appealing to her addressed audience, which seems to be primarily African American. And as an African American, she is probably happy to see him around and embraced by his race, supported through it all; I think it's more about pride in heritage than exclusion or at least how it is meant. :) But I really don't think Michael looks at people's color or somehow wants to surround himself only with people of his same race because he blames whites or anyone else for what happened to him. I think that other people (not neccessarily this author, but a certain element of fans I've encountered in the past, etc) feel that way and tend to try to project that onto him sometimes. But I really doubt that's how HE feels. He's always been inclusive, one to push and see beyond all those barriers, to bring people together. I mean if that were the case, why does he still go out of his way to help and be around all races? If that were the case, he'd just be meeting with his African American fans and leaving all the rest of us behind, lol :lol And I've seen body guards and such of different races around him at different times recently, not to mention lawyers and other people he still has working for him, not to mention many of his closest friends ..I just REALLY don't think HE thinks like that or that the author even meant it like that ..I would hope anyway..

All that aside, great article. :D Thanks for posting! :8-26-03fruits_apple
[align=center]\\\"It's all for love. L.O.V.E\\\" ♥--Michael Jackson [/align] [align=center]We miss you... [/align]

[align=center]proud.to.be.an.american.mj.fan[/align]

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:19 am

[QUOTE=BEE2006;190007]OK! SERIOUSLY I AM TRULY OFFENDED BY YOUR COMMENT::screaming ohnoyoudidnt :8-26-03ranting: :screaming

WHAT'S WRONG WITH MICHAEL HAVING ALL BLACK PEOPLE WORKING FOR HIM WHEN IN THE PAST ALL WHITE FOLKS WERE WORKING FOR HIM AND THEY DID NOT DO A GOOD JOB ALL HE GOT IN WAS TROUBLES.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH WHAT SHE SAID ,

LET ME TELL YOU AS A BLACK WOMAN I AM TRULY OFFENDED TO SEE THAT5 SOME OF YOU REFUSE TO ADMIT THAT MJ IS A BLACK MAN AND WAS BORN BLACK AND WILL DIE BLACK

WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT DEAL WITH IT ,

I SAW THE SAME COMMENT ON MJNEWSONLINE AND I AM SICK AND TIRED OF HEARING AND READING PEOPLE HAVING A PROBLEM WITH MJ HAVING BLACK PEOPLE AROUND HIM ,

I TRULY THINK AND WISH WITH ALL MY HEART THAT MJ WILL CONSIDER MARRYING A BLACK WOMAN TOO AND HAVE SOME BLACK KIDS OF HIS OWN.

AND YES I AM JUST LIKE A MJ A PROUD BLACK WOMAN, .
LIKE MJ IS A BLACK MAN , AND CLAIMS IT .

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH WHAT JAMIE SAID CAUSE I REMEMBER THERE WAS A TIME THAT IF YOU WEREN'T WHITE YOU COULDN'T GET CLOSED TO MJ, I HAVE LIVED THE EXPERINCE MYSELF.

EVEN MJJSOURCE WAS RAN BY WHITE FOLKS, THEY HAD ACCESS TO HIS MONEY AND LOOK WHAT THEY DID TO HIM.

WHO CONSPIRED AGAINST MJ TO RUN HIM INTO BANKRUPTCY?
TELL ME WHO ?

IF MJ WANTS AN ALL BLACK STAFF THEN HE CAN HAVE IT , PERIOD !
THAT DOESN'T MAKE HIM RACIST,

THAT DON'T MEAN HE HATE WHITE FOLKS , IT MEANS THAT HE WANTS AN ALL BLACK STAFF PERIOD .
ESPECIALLY AFTER SO MANY WHITE FOLKS RUN HIM OUT OF BUSINESS AND ARE LINING UP TO SUE HIM FOR MORE MONEY.

MJ'S ADMINISTRATION WAS RAN BY WHITE FOLKS, RAYMONE ALSO WAS FIRED SO WHITE FOLKS COULD CONTROL MJ ONCE AGAIN AFTER THE TRIAL , BUT I AM GLAD MJ STUCK FOR HER.

SHE WAS HIRED BACK RIGHT AFTER MJ FOUND OUT THAT SHE WAS FIRED BY THE SAME PEOPLE WHO WERE RESPONSIBLE FOR MJJSOURCE.

I AM TRULY TRULY OFFENDED , WHY WOULD IT BE RACIST IF MJ HAS ONLY BLACK FOLKS AROUND HIM,

AND WHY WOULDN'T YOU SEE A PROBLEM OR DIDN'T YOU SEE A PROBLEM WITH MJ HAVING AN ALL WHITE STAFF IN HIS THEN ADMINISTRATION?

TELL ME WHY IT HAS TO BE A F** KING FROBLEM WHEN IT COMES TO HIS OWN RACE?
WHAT THE F* CK IS WRONG WITH YOU?

SO IT IS A PROBLEM WHEN IT IS BLACK BUT NOT A PROBLEM WHEN IT IS WHITE ?

WELL I WISH A GOD HEAR ME PLEASE THAT MJ WOULD MARRY A BEAUTIFUL BLACK WOMAN.

FRANKLY HE NEEDS TO GET BACK TO HIS ROOTS,

HIS IS BLACK AND THERE IS NO PROBLEM WITH IT , JAMIE DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING RACIST,

WHY THE HELL ARE YOU ATTACKING JAMIE?

SO, BECAUSE SHE IS BLACK SHE HAS NO RIGHT TO LOVE HERSELF AND HER PEOPLE AS A BLACK WOMAN?

IS SHE SUPPOSED TO LOVE YOUR ASS MORE THAT SHE LOVES HERSELF? SHOULD SHE BE ASHAMED TO SAY BLACK PEOPLE?
NO, SHE SHOULDN'T,

CAUSE I AM NOT ASHAMED OF MY BLACKNESS I THANK GOD FOR IT. THAT DON'T MAKE ME RACIST, IT MEANS THAT I AM PROUD OF WHO I AM, PERIOD.

AND IS MJ SUPPOSED TO LOVE YOU MORE THAN HE LOVES HIMSELF AND HIS PEOPLE?

IS MJ SUPPOSED TO HATE US ?
BLACK FOLKS?

YOU ARE THE RACIST ONE WITH YOUR FREAKEN RACIST COMMENT.

SHE WAS SAYING THAT ACCORDING TO MJ NOT HAVING NOT ONE PERSON RESPONSIBLE RUNNING HIS THEN ADMINISTRATION , THAT WAS BLACK.

AND SHE IS AN AFRICAN AMERICAN, SO SHE DIDN'T MEAN ANYTHING RACIST , AND SISTER TO SISTER IS AN AFRICAN AMERICAN MAGAZINE.

IF ANYBODY IS RACIST HERE IT IS NOT MJ , IT IS NOT ME BUT IT IS YOU.

I AM SICK OF THIS UNDERCOVER RACISM TOWARDS BLACK PEOPLE.

AND BY THE WAY MJ NEEDS TO PAY CONSIDERATION TO HIS BLACK AUDIENCE.

WE BLACK PEOPLE WE ARE NOT ANIMALS, WE ARE PEOPLE WE HAVE FEELINGS, WE ARE SENSITIVE,
JUST LIKE YOU.

JUST BECAUSE YOUR SKIN IS WHITE THAT DON'T MAKE YOU SUPERIOR , OR BETTER THAN ME.:ohnoyoudidnt[/QUOTE]

Well, gee, there are a lot of generalizations in your post, as well. (BTW, I can't remember when he had an ALL white staff, he's always had people of all different ethinicites around him, from what I can see..? And what about people like Bob Jones? Stacey Brown? Hell even the Arvizos, just for a few examples ? None of them were white and they still tried to screw him over..so it's really not fair to generalize so broadly in that department... ) Why can't we not talk about someone's race when they do something to OR for Michael or in ANY situation period and just focus on who they are as a PERSON? I know this is a pretty broad, general comment, lol, but..it's just so sad that, even in the year 200-frickin'-7, race still seems to matter so damn much...*sighs*

"It don't matter if you're black or white..."

I still maintain my belief that Michael is a person who brings people of all races and nationalities TOGETHER, not split them apart based on all that. And until or unless he proves to do otherwise, I'm not going to let fans, the way some journalists portray it (in a brief, general comment, mind you), etc, etc shake that belief..:8-26-03fruits_apple
[align=center]\\\"It's all for love. L.O.V.E\\\" ♥--Michael Jackson [/align] [align=center]We miss you... [/align]

Michael's_Lolly

Post by Michael's_Lolly » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:07 am

Ha, DANG, I should have come back sooner! LMAO.

Well, what you guys are saying pretty much confirms what I was thinking. When I first read the article that's how I interpreted her, (saying, "He's working with all black people, which is a good thing because we don't want him working with white people," to put it simply), and that was before I knew anything about it, as in who wrote it and what for. Knowing that now, I don't think it makes what I interpreted her to be implying any better, but I can understand it more. As you said, Smoody, I just think she misrepresented his actions. I want to think he's color blind. But, as none of us actually know him, we can't be sure. And we can't be sure who has influence around him.

I'm not saying they're not qualified, I'm saying the way I read it, it sounded like it didn't matter whether or not they were qualified, just as long as they were black. Not hiring someone (who's 100% qualified) just because they're white is as bad as not hiring someone (who's also qualified) just because they're black.

Maybe--and I hope--she just misrepresented his actions or I misinterpreted it. I just wanted to bring it up out of, as you said InspirationMoonwalks, my concern for equality.

But Bee2006, you're adding a lot of things onto what I said that I didn't say nor imply. I'm sorry if you took it as offensive. Quite frankly that's why it took someone asking before I even explained it, I knew someone might. But you know, if everytime someone has a concern we censor it or hold it back for fear of offending someone at some point, then eventually no one will be able to say anything.
Think about this, and really think about this:
A black man hires black people to work with him.
Stop there--that's fine. Nothing wrong with that, in and of itself.
Continuing on though...
In fact, all he hired were black people.
Stop again. And again, it would get suspicious here but there's nothing wrong with that--may be coincidence.
In the process he let go of or overlooked many white people who were perfectly qualified, and some even more qualified than those hired.
Now stop. There's something wrong with that. That's racist.
Replace everywhere you see black with white, and vice versa, and read again:
A white man hires white people. In fact, all he hired were white people. In the process he let go of or overlooked many black people who were perfectly qualified, some even more qualified than those hired.
Do you think that's racist? Then so is it when it's turned around. Think about it.

I'll leave it at that for now.

I don't want to turn this into a discussion on race though. :bleh Wrong thread. XD

~ML~
[align=center][say4]Thoughts are a resource, challenging the mind, a necessity. Without it, we have nothing. Without it, we are nothing. I think, therefore, I am.[/say4]

[say3]If we come into this world knowing we are loved, and we leave this world knowing the same, then everything in between can be dealt with.[/say3]

[saywhat]Be different. Stay different. Make a difference.[/saywhat]

Image[/align]

danaluvsmj
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by danaluvsmj » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:46 am

why does it matter who Michael surrounds himself with? He's always had people of different races an ethnicities around him. It seems like people think since his skin disorder makes his skin lighter, then he 'wants to make himself white' and 'he's turn his back on the black community' and then if there are black people around him, then it's 'Oh, Michael doesn't like white people.' Why should he have to choose? Michael loves people of ALL color and doesn't see things that way at all.

Okay, that's just my take. I'll stop now.

1958-2009

Gone Too Soon

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:08 am

^^

Excellently put, Dana. I agree..100%! :8-26-03respect:

And may I say that as long as they aren't screwing over and backstabbing him in the way others have done in the past, I could give a flying crap about the color of those around him....it's all about the PEOPLE and their character, not the pigmentation of their skin..

But, as none of us actually know him, we can't be sure. And we can't be sure who has influence around him
But as Michael himself said, in the 2003 60 Minutes interview, I think it was, we've come to know, to "learn about" him "from a distance". And this 'issue' is not something intimate like his love life or favorite cereal, lol. This is concerning his legacy, his very message..what he himself has put forward and strived so hard to relate to us and to the world. For so much (if not ALL, in a great sense..) of his career, his message has been love, equality..bringing people together. Unity. He's done so much to blur lines and barriers of race, culture, and things that society has so often used to differentiate us all from each other, in order to acheive that unity. It's in his music, his words, his actions...so for him to somehow morph into a reverse racist on us really does seem rather unfathomable, IMHO..and certainly can't be gleaned from just looking at his bodyguards and manager, which is probably just a sampling of all the people around him, on a regular basis anyway...:lol

As for people having 'influence' on or around him...while I'm sure there are many people Michael listens to and respects, he's always been his own person and gone down his own path, marched to the beat of his own drum..and while I'm sure he's probably more cautious now, I doubt he's letting other people run his whole show, either...lol..

My, how one sentence in a whole article has generated such deep discussion...only MJ fans. Don't you love us? :P haha :lol

Black Loafers

Post by Black Loafers » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:17 am

Really a great article. I am gonna print this one and when I go back to Sweden for the summer I'll read it loud on the subway. Then maybe they'll change their bad mind about michael. :D

But I must say..I am jealous. Why on earth can't I spend some time like that with michael?? *sniff*
*14/11-06 I saw Michael outside his hotel in London.

He waved and smiled and he was soo beautiful.

*15/11-06 I saw Michael at the Wold Music Awards!:cloud9:licklips

Dreams do come true :wub:

http://www.myspace.com/ebbalovesmj

BEE2006
Trial Period
Trial Period

Post by BEE2006 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:53 am

[QUOTE=InspirationMoonwalks;190019]Well, gee, there are a lot of generalizations in your post, as well. (BTW, I can't remember when he had an ALL white staff, he's always had people of all different ethinicites around him, from what I can see..? And what about people like Bob Jones? Stacey Brown? Hell even the Arvizos, just for a few examples ? None of them were white and they still tried to screw him over..so it's really not fair to generalize so broadly in that department... ) Why can't we not talk about someone's race when they do something to OR for Michael or in ANY situation period and just focus on who they are as a PERSON? I know this is a pretty broad, general comment, lol, but..it's just so sad that, even in the year 200-frickin'-7, race still seems to matter so damn much...*sighs*

"It don't matter if you're black or white..."

I still maintain my belief that Michael is a person who brings people of all races and nationalities TOGETHER, not split them apart based on all that. And until or unless he proves to do otherwise, I'm not going to let fans, the way some journalists portray it (in a brief, general comment, mind you), etc, etc shake that belief..:8-26-03fruits_apple[/QUOTE]

AGAIN SHE SAID THAT MJ HAVING AN ALL BLACK STAFF MEANS RACIST.
PERIOD!
I AM NOT THE ONE WITH THE PROBLEM HERE SHE IS ,
IT SEEMS THAT SOME OF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MJ BEING BLACK , THIS WOMAN SEES A PROBLEM IF MJ HAS A BLACK STAFF.
BEFORE YOU SAY BOB JONES, HE WAS FIRED BY RANDY AT TONIA'S DEMAND.

SO SHE CAN BECOME MJ'S PUBLICIST.
STACY BROWN NEVER WORKED NOR NEVER MET MJ.

ALSO, THE ARVIZOS NEVER WORKED FOR HIM, THIS IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT

ALL THE PEOPLE WHO SCREWED MJ 98 % ARE WHITE AND OTHER RACES.

CHECK OUT THE LIST OF THOSE WHO ARE SUEING HIM.

AND THEN YOU TELL ME.
THEY COULDN'T GET TO PUT HIM BEHIND BARS, SO THEY ARE LINING UP TO BANKRUPT HIM WITH LAWSUITS.

DEAL WITH THE ISSUE.

I AM NOT THE RACIST ONE HERE

I AM NOT THE ONE CONCERNED BY THE SKIN COLOR OF HIS STAFF.
AND IF IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU ARE BLACK OR WHITE THEN WHY DID MJ HAVE ALL WHITE KIDS? WHY COULDN'T HE HAVE BLACK KIDS?

AND WHY THIS GIRL SAID WHAT SHE SAID THAT IF MJ HAS AN ALL BLACK STAFF IT IS RACIST?
TELL ME .

TELL ME WHY YOU SEE A PROBLEM WITH BLACK PEOPLE AROUND MJ?
AS I ASKED IF MJ MARRIES A BLACK WOMAN

AND I TRULY WISH HE WILL.
WILL YOU STOP LOVING HIM?

I WON'T.
I HAVE FRIENDS OF ALL RACES, BUT I LOVE MYSELF MORE AND I AM PROUD OF WHO GOD HAS MADE ME.

A BLACK WOMAN.

AND MAY I AD THIS ,
IF MJ'S DAD DIN'T LOVE MJ'S MOTHER, HIS BLACK ASS WOULDN'T EXIST.

AND HE SHOULD BE PROUD OF THAT.

ANYWAY I AM NOT MAD ANYMORE , I JUST WANTED TO LET IT OFF MY CHEST .
PEACE OUT GUYS.

BEE2006
Trial Period
Trial Period

Post by BEE2006 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:08 am

[QUOTE=InspirationMoonwalks;190018]I don't think you're being "racist", lol...just bringing up a noticeable, interesting point, out of concern for equality. :cool:

I just think that, by emphasizing that, Jamie is appealing to her addressed audience, which seems to be primarily African American. And as an African American, she is probably happy to see him around and embraced by his race, supported through it all; I think it's more about pride in heritage than exclusion or at least how it is meant. :) But I really don't think Michael looks at people's color or somehow wants to surround himself only with people of his same race because he blames whites or anyone else for what happened to him. I think that other people (not neccessarily this author, but a certain element of fans I've encountered in the past, etc) feel that way and tend to try to project that onto him sometimes. But I really doubt that's how HE feels. He's always been inclusive, one to push and see beyond all those barriers, to bring people together. I mean if that were the case, why does he still go out of his way to help and be around all races? If that were the case, he'd just be meeting with his African American fans and leaving all the rest of us behind, lol :lol And I've seen body guards and such of different races around him at different times recently, not to mention lawyers and other people he still has working for him, not to mention many of his closest friends ..I just REALLY don't think HE thinks like that or that the author even meant it like that ..I would hope anyway..

All that aside, great article. :D Thanks for posting! :8-26-03fruits_apple[/QUOTE]

SO FAR I HAVEN'T SEEN MJ WITH ANY AFRICAN AMERICAN FANS ON ANY PICTURES WHATOEVER.
RECENTLY NOR IN A FEW PAST YEARS.