Official Thread: Chris Brown on the MTV VMAs? VIDEO

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:44 pm

9:44 - As much as I love to hate, I can't say a bad thing about Chris (did he just make it rain?) Brown. The kid is on top of his game.

9:48 - And this is where Chris Brown crosses the line. Leave the Michael Jackson for the King of Pop. He has done did it now!
Source: http://blackvoices.aol.com/blogs/2007/0 ... live-blog/

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:15 am

She lazily walked through her dance moves with little enthusiasm. It appeared she had forgotten the entire art of lip-synching; and, perhaps most unforgivable given her once taut frame, she looked embarrassingly out of shape.
Excuse me but..is she 'embarrassingly out of shape' because she looks like a normal woman and not a stick or an airbrushed version of reality? How annoying. :rolleyes: A bad message to send to girls out there, about body image. Yeah, Britney is far from perfect (yet, who is?), but the relentless picking on her in the press gets damn annoying after a while.. .I think she looks pretty damn good for someone who had not one but TWO kids in a ROW! Yeah, she's danced and performed better before (IMHO at least...she didn't do anything too outrageous or memorable this time..damn.. :lol ) but I think that article was a bit harsh.

I haven't seen Chris Brown or much of the show as it just barely came on here, but I'm glad to see some of the more positive comments about Michael from some of those boards that you posted, Whisper. Just wait until HE opens or performs on one of these shows again....he'll bring the flavor back! :D
[align=center]\\\"It's all for love. L.O.V.E\\\" ♥--Michael Jackson [/align] [align=center]We miss you... [/align]

[align=center]proud.to.be.an.american.mj.fan[/align]

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:42 am

Argh, it's SO annoying how they're cutting into performances early, going to commercial and advertising over them..they just did that to Maroon 5's performance, which pissed me off because I totally dig their new album and that song! Grr...stupid MTV. :rolleyes: Anyone else having that problem, if you're watching?

Sorry if I'm going O/T...lol. :P
[align=center]\\\"It's all for love. L.O.V.E\\\" ♥--Michael Jackson [/align] [align=center]We miss you... [/align]

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:50 am

Chris Brown's performance was really cool...loved the 'Billie Jean' thing! It's so cute how big of a Michael fan he is and how he's influenced him, and he's so open and proud about showing it, giving him the props he deserves! :D

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:23 am

Yeah. It's always nice to see someone who isn't afraid or ashamed to openly embrace their influences. Rihanna too had a little MJ-thing going on. They are both big fans of Mike.

Angel

Post by Angel » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:11 am

I can't see it because I'm not in the US....:angry:

trenny

Post by trenny » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:51 am

I loved it!:D That was actually the best MTV awards show in a few years!:rolleyes:

Shannon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Shannon » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:35 am

I can't see it either. :( But I bet Chris Brown performance was great, he has a way with his performances, in my opinion at least. :P
[align=center]Image

Thank you, Leah

Thank you for everything,

Michael

...My Fanfiction...

You Are My Life

...My Website dedicated to Michael...

http://www.thesilencedtruth.com[/align]

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:17 pm

Chris Brown Has Memorable Performance at 2007 MTV Video Music Awards

Atlanta, GA 9/10/2007 3:19 PM GMT (FINDITT)

Chris Brown's performance at the 2007 MTV Video Music Awards has officially cemented him as one of today's greatest musical performers. The 18-year-old R&B impresario performed his first single, "Wall to Wall" to the theme of a vaudeville show.

As he jumped from table to table, which served as the stages throughout the VMAs, he danced and danced his way into America's hearts once again. After the song was over, Rihanna performed "Umbrella", a song for which Brown did a remix for called "Cinderella".

At first, it looked as if he was to perform his verse of the remix during the performance, but he spent the time dancing around her, probably catching his breath for what would be the most memorable section of his performance.

As soon as Rihanna finished her song and dropped her microphone, Timbaland cued Brown up for a rendition of Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean" performance. Brown danced and mimicked Jackson as well as anyone else before him. Many have compared Brown to Jackson, so to actually see Brown dance like him showed how accurate the comparison really is.

Brown then finished his entire performance with his second single, "Kiss Kiss". He was accompanied by two child dancers, both of whom were in his "Wall to Wall" music video and in his previous "Wall to Wall" performance.

After the entire performance, he fell to his knees, showing that he had given all that he had. He received a resounding standing ovation. Later in the show, Justin Timberlake walked on stage to accept an award and said that Chris Brown made him feel old. He continued that he was happy that there is a new generation of musicians carrying the torch. His initial reaction to Brown's performance was "Damn!"

For more entertainment news, go to Finditt Entertainment at

Source: https://news.finditt.com/AllNewsList.as ... ertainment
Source: http://www.transworldnews.com/NewsStory ... fault.aspx

MJfan01'

Post by MJfan01' » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:16 pm

yeah chris brown's performance was the only good part of the show.

jupiter

Post by jupiter » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:38 pm

it seems like except for our belove Chris Brown, the MTV awards was kind of a bust.:idontknow
Success,fame & fortune they are all illusions....all there is that is real....is the friendship the two can share.-The Scarecrow A*K*A MJ
MJ is a SEX god

Minnie Dia

Post by Minnie Dia » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:27 pm

[QUOTE=jupiter;196913]it seems like except for our belove Chris Brown, the MTV awards was kind of a bust.:idontknow[/QUOTE]

straight up!!
i cant stand watching it now!
but i did watch Britney Spears... umm, she coulda pretended to be lypsinching!! whatever.
Chris brown is awesome for that performance!! WOW!
:ohnoyoudidnt Image:ohnoyoudidnt

Debbyg

Post by Debbyg » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:46 am

i THINK THAT WAS NICE OF CHRIS BROWN :)
I\\\'m DebbyG man and I love her so bad she kenos how to make me feel so good in you keno were ?? but I still love all of you[img][img]http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m67/ ... pmg007.jpg[/img][/img]

danaluvsmj
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by danaluvsmj » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:15 am

I didn't watch the VMAs, but from watching that video, Chris Brown did an awesome job!
I see that as a sign that the music world is ready for Michael to come back:D

1958-2009

Gone Too Soon

Saphster

Post by Saphster » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:03 am

Who else thought that was Michael when Rihanna stood on the stairs???:lol

I screamed when I saw a shadow with a hat standing MJ style then the light turned on and it was a woman....Rihanna....:rolleyes: :chairbeat

I was so freakin' decided, then I saw her, and I sat back down, and said aloud, "Those bastards tricked me."

When they said Chris brown was going to perform with a "surprise" I thought Michael was gonna show up in there all glitter-fied, and moonwalk the stage flawless, but nooooo.:glare:

\\\"My fans are still there. They still love me. They\\\'re alive.\\\" -Michael Jackson.