MJ future film director, what do you think he \'ll film about.

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

RYTHM CHILD

Post by RYTHM CHILD » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:27 am

Everyone here is talking about Michael acting in a musical, something we KNOW he would be great in but I would like to see him act and direct something more cerebral and challenging. I want him to really stretch himself and do an artistic drama. Ever since I read that Quincy Jones had purchased the rights to a script about the life of Alexander Pushkin, the Black Russian poet of the 18th century, I have been saying I have wanted Michael to play him in a movie. I have done some research on Pushking and it is amazing how parallel he and Michael are in how they are able to express their ideas to the point that people are actually able to "see" or visualize their work even though they were not using visual media. The non-visual media in Pushkin's case was his poetry and in Michael's case, his music (not including his videos). I think this would be a great movie for Michael. It would be kind of like the movie Amedeus. :cool:

Ticie

smile

Post by smile » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:34 am

[QUOTE=Black Loafers;198765]Michael can't act. That's all I have to say. Have you seen Men in black II or Miss Cast away? When I saw MIB II in the theatre with a non michael fan friend of mine people were laughing at him while I was laughing WITH him saying..oh michael..you can sing but you can't act! in a caring way..you now.

Well..it's my opinion.[/QUOTE]

....lol...so true...:lol

smile

Post by smile » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:39 am

IMO...i think he tries 2 hard...he seems so "like he's trying 2 hard"....i don't think Ghost was all that good , i mean the dacing was good but the acting ...nope...

...lol..kinda reminds me of one of those rappers who happen to get a part in a movie...:( ..

...writing or directing hmmm maybe... but acting...NOT!!!!!

Shannon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Shannon » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:08 pm

[QUOTE=RYTHM CHILD;198833]Everyone here is talking about Michael acting in a musical, something we KNOW he would be great in but I would like to see him act and direct something more cerebral and challenging. I want him to really stretch himself and do an artistic drama. Ever since I read that Quincy Jones had purchased the rights to a script about the life of Alexander Pushkin, the Black Russian poet of the 18th century, I have been saying I have wanted Michael to play him in a movie. I have done some research on Pushking and it is amazing how parallel he and Michael are in how they are able to express their ideas to the point that people are actually able to "see" or visualize their work even though they were not using visual media. The non-visual media in Pushkin's case was his poetry and in Michael's case, his music (not including his videos). I think this would be a great movie for Michael. It would be kind of like the movie Amedeus. :cool:

Ticie[/QUOTE]

Ohh, I totally agree. :) I have to admit I have barely even heard of Alexander Pushkin, but I definitely like what you are saying. It would be challenging, but he would fit in amazingly well - I think. :8-26-03respect:
[align=center]Image

Thank you, Leah

Thank you for everything,

Michael

...My Fanfiction...

You Are My Life

...My Website dedicated to Michael...

http://www.thesilencedtruth.com[/align]

charliecooper
Trial Period
Trial Period

Post by charliecooper » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:37 pm

[QUOTE=Black Loafers;198765]Michael can't act. That's all I have to say. Have you seen Men in black II or Miss Cast away? When I saw MIB II in the theatre with a non michael fan friend of mine people were laughing at him while I was laughing WITH him saying..oh michael..you can sing but you can't act! in a caring way..you now.

Well..it's my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have to agree. His delivery in those movies was absolutely lifeless. I thought he was really good in The Wiz though. He was uber-expressive, which is refreshing after MIB II and Miss Castaway.
\\\"But I was desolate and sick of an old passion,

When I awoke and found the dawn was gray.

I have been faithful to thee, Cynara, in my fashion...\\\"

---\\\"Cynara,\\\" Ernest Dowson

saiyuki14

Post by saiyuki14 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:30 pm

[QUOTE=Vanesa;198822] is just the movie, the rest of it was awefull, i look at it only because Michael was more than spectacular.[/QUOTE]

what r u talking about? that movie was one of the greatest musical films of all time! Diana Ross was a terrible Dorothy, (the original boardway Dorothy Stephanie Mills should've done the role) but the rest of the cast was AWESOME! Ted Ross was the greatest Lion and Nipsey Russell was a cool Tin Man! GREAT FILM!
[align=center]THE HAPPY LURKER[/align][align=center]:wub:[/align]

[align=center]Image[/align]

[align=center]The Keeper of his Smile:michaeljacksonicon:[/align]

RYTHM CHILD

Post by RYTHM CHILD » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:57 pm

I think Michael can be a great actor because he "feels" his work. If he was given something worth acting in, he would be great. I think a dramatic part where he can actually have the time to express himself fully, would change your minds about Mike's acting. Think about it. If he can sing the song, "She's Out Of My Life" and cry each and every time, take after take, you know there is something there that he is FEELING. He can act, he just needs the right material. :)

Ticie

Vanesa
Trial Period
Trial Period

Post by Vanesa » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:28 pm

[QUOTE=RYTHM CHILD;198918]I think Michael can be a great actor because he "feels" his work. If he was given something worth acting in, he would be great. I think a dramatic part where he can actually have the time to express himself fully, would change your minds about Mike's acting. Think about it. If he can sing the song, "She's Out Of My Life" and cry each and every time, take after take, you know there is something there that he is FEELING. He can act, he just needs the right material. :)

Ticie[/QUOTE]

Tota agre

Shannon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Shannon » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:40 pm

[QUOTE=RYTHM CHILD;198918]I think Michael can be a great actor because he "feels" his work. If he was given something worth acting in, he would be great. I think a dramatic part where he can actually have the time to express himself fully, would change your minds about Mike's acting. Think about it. If he can sing the song, "She's Out Of My Life" and cry each and every time, take after take, you know there is something there that he is FEELING. He can act, he just needs the right material. :)

Ticie[/QUOTE]

I think you summed up what he's all about quite nicely in this post. I agree. :8-26-03respect:
[align=center]Image

Thank you, Leah

Thank you for everything,

Michael

...My Fanfiction...

You Are My Life

...My Website dedicated to Michael...

http://www.thesilencedtruth.com[/align]

flomango

Post by flomango » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:01 pm

what do you think he 'll film about.
What do you think? lol
Proud Member of MJEOL Since 2001 :smilie

Vanesa
Trial Period
Trial Period

Post by Vanesa » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:54 pm

well yes!!!!,thats the question here, hey why dont you start to think before try to bring somebody's work or attempt to make a point down?, take your negativity out of here man or woman,
Long Live the king of pop:cool:

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:47 pm

[QUOTE=saiyuki14;198911]what r u talking about? that movie was one of the greatest musical films of all time! Diana Ross was a terrible Dorothy, (the original boardway Dorothy Stephanie Mills should've done the role) but the rest of the cast was AWESOME! Ted Ross was the greatest Lion and Nipsey Russell was a cool Tin Man! GREAT FILM![/QUOTE]

I love how they show it every year during the Holidays! I gotta agree with you on Diana. She was the popular choice though.

saiyuki14

Post by saiyuki14 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:09 am

[QUOTE=HeavenSent;198951]I love how they show it every year during the Holidays! I gotta agree with you on Diana. She was the popular choice though.[/QUOTE]

yes! DR sucked...i'm not a huge Diana fan, though (sorry Michael) she really annoys the hell outta me. the only reason Diana was the popular choice was bcoz she warmed Berry Gordy's bed more than once.
but the Wiz is a good movie : > such nice childhood memories.

Vanesa
Trial Period
Trial Period

Post by Vanesa » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:20 pm

[QUOTE=saiyuki14;198965]yes! DR sucked...i'm not a huge Diana fan, though (sorry Michael) she really annoys the hell outta me. the only reason Diana was the popular choice was bcoz she warmed Berry Gordy's bed more than once.
but the Wiz is a good movie : > such nice childhood memories.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you got that, Michael was the most wonderful there, Diana was mediocre, and she sure can scream,. toto, toto, totoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!:8-26-03ranting: :mf_w00t2:

saiyuki14

Post by saiyuki14 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:41 pm

[QUOTE=Vanesa;199003]Yes, you got that, Michael was the most wonderful there, Diana was mediocre, and she sure can scream,. toto, toto, totoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!:8-26-03ranting: :mf_w00t2:[/QUOTE]

well, the rest of the cast was cool Diana Ross was always a big eye sore for me! i can't stand her :8-26-03yuk: