Jackson Five to reunite for new tour: Jermaine

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:05 am

Okay, I know we probably all need to take this with a grain of salt, as it's been said, off and on, for YEARS now (God bless Jermaine.. haha :lol :P ), but seriously, how cool would it be if this ever does eventually materialize? I'd be all over it, for sure! :D :P

Wow, it made the AP this time...Hmm..:unsure: :P :

Jackson Five to reunite for new tour: Jermaine Mon Nov 26, 7:09 PM ET

LONDON (AFP) - The Jackson Five, the group that launched the career of pop superstar Michael Jackson, are planning to reunite for a tour as early as next year, Jermaine Jackson told the BBC on Monday.

Speaking to BBC Radio, Jermaine Jackson -- who appeared on British reality television show "Celebrity Big Brother" earlier this year -- said that Michael would take part, and concert dates had been discussed.

"Michael will be involved," he told the broadcaster.

"We feel we have to do it one more time. We owe that to the fans and to the public."

Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, Marlon and Michael last toured together in 1984 as The Jacksons -- with six members, along with Randy Jackson -- having originally formed the Jackson Five in 1965.

The group stopped touring together as Michael and sister Janet Jackson became international music superstars, and the Jackson Five formally disbanded in 1990.

Michael was acquitted of charges of child abuse two years ago, and Jermaine confirmed that the trial had delayed the reunion project.

"There's been so much going on, getting over all the hurdles that we all were faced with during Michael's trial," Jermaine, who sang lead vocals in the group until Michael took over, said.

"But we are stronger than ever. I'm gonna say thank you, thank you, thank you so much to all the fans and the supporters of my family all over Europe, all over the UK especially, who came out to show their love and their support."

He added that the group were "in the studio at the moment," hinting at new material.

Michael Jackson's representatives could not immediately be contacted by AFP to comment on Jermaine's remarks.

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071127/ts ... 1126224633
[align=center]\\\"It's all for love. L.O.V.E\\\" ♥--Michael Jackson [/align] [align=center]We miss you... [/align]

[align=center]proud.to.be.an.american.mj.fan[/align]

Ben

Post by Ben » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:08 am

I wish Jermaine would stop talking about a supposed Jackson 5 reunion with Michael, because it never happens. Jermaine has been telling this story since 1995, and everytime he comes to the UK he tells this reunion story just to get his name in the media.
Ben

(Don\\\'t Stop Till You Get Enough)

mjlover123

Post by mjlover123 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:43 am

Yeah Jermaine Isnt nothing but a greasy processed curl wearing liar.:mad: :rolleyes:

Shannon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Shannon » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:56 am

This rumor just never stops. :lol

I dunno, I have problems actually seeing this happening, not because I am not too keen on the idea, but... aah, I can't explain it. I can see Michael do another tour, a solo tour, but not anything like this. :cryptic

However, if it indeed was coming true, I would certainly not complain. :D :8-26-03fruits_apple
[align=center]Image

Thank you, Leah

Thank you for everything,

Michael

...My Fanfiction...

You Are My Life

...My Website dedicated to Michael...

http://www.thesilencedtruth.com[/align]

saiyuki14

Post by saiyuki14 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:20 pm

i think they should do a 2-week or one night engagment somewhere.
I would see it! But I really wish Jermaine would get a new hair-do. He's the only strange one to me.
[align=center]THE HAPPY LURKER[/align][align=center]:wub:[/align]

[align=center]Image[/align]

[align=center]The Keeper of his Smile:michaeljacksonicon:[/align]

Saphster

Post by Saphster » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:40 pm

OMG Jermaine needs a hobby. I'm sorry. I know he's Michael's brother and all but I really can't stand the guy. Hearing his voice, and looking at him makes me wanna grind my teeth.:uh_uh:

Looks like he's the only one who is still on that Jackson 5 reunion bullcrap. Michael wants to release his own music. He really does not have time for that little family reunion Jermaine keeps dreaming about. Everything is going too good for Michael, and a lot of peolpe are hyped up for his new music. Everyone is curious to what the King of Pop is gonna bring to the table this time. He's just living his life like it's golden (:lol sorry) right now, and I don't think he should do it.

Jermaine.....:8-26-03yuk: ..........:lol

\\\"My fans are still there. They still love me. They\\\'re alive.\\\" -Michael Jackson.

saiyuki14

Post by saiyuki14 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:35 pm

[QUOTE=Saphster;199024]He really does not have time for that little family reunion Jermaine keeps dreaming about. [/QUOTE]

how do u know what he has time for?
if he chooses to do it he'll do it.

smoody

Post by smoody » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:39 pm

OK about a week and a half ago I was reading Yahoomusic news. A promoter was quoted as saying he was talking to the Jackson Family about a reunion tour. The quote was something like all the pieces are in place but the 'motor that makes the car go hasn't said yes yet'.( I am paraphazing) This guy also mentioned something about dates in '08 being talked about and Michael's response being 'That would take a lot of planning'(which I gotta say sounds like Michael). Who knows how true it is but it does sound exciting.

I'm sorry guys I wanted to post it but honestly I'm not sure how to do that type of thing:cryptic If someone could find and post it that would be great.

Again it was yahoo music news. It was just a few days before Thanksgiving

Saphster

Post by Saphster » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:29 am

[QUOTE=saiyuki14;199029]how do u know what he has time for?
if he chooses to do it he'll do it.[/QUOTE]

He does not have time for it. Michael is hard at work making his music, and trying to forget everything that has happened in his past. And he's doing a real good job too. He's relaxed and the media hasn't been hacking up too many stupid schemes against him lately. He's been on a positive streak.

Everytime his brother's start something about a reunion Michael always holds back on it, or doesn't really want to do it at first. The motown special for example. He did it but wanted a solo spot in exchange.

It'd be cool if he did do it. But, I really don't think he wants to do it. I'd support him if he didn't do it.

\\\"My fans are still there. They still love me. They\\\'re alive.\\\" -Michael Jackson.

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:01 pm

[QUOTE=Ben;199016]I wish Jermaine would stop talking about a supposed Jackson 5 reunion with Michael, because it never happens. Jermaine has been telling this story since 1995, and everytime he comes to the UK he tells this reunion story just to get his name in the media.[/QUOTE]

Notice how he's the ONLY sibling always talking about a reunion.

mysteriousone

Post by mysteriousone » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:47 am

I have a funny feeling this rumor is true! *shrugs*

I'm wondering though, why do so many fans dislike Jermaine Jackson?

Mysti!
[align=center]Image

Thank you, Veronica! :wub:[/align]

Ben

Post by Ben » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:21 am

[QUOTE=mysteriousone;199082]I have a funny feeling this rumor is true! *shrugs*

Mysti![/QUOTE]

Fans don't dislike Jermaine Jackson and I don't dislike Jermaine Jackson.

Fans like myself are just fed up of the fact that whenever Jermaine does an interview he say's the Jackson 5 are in the studio with Michael recording a new album, and putting the finishing touches to a reunion World Tour. This never happens and Jermaine has been saying this since 1995 and it always get's a lot of media coverage, and it's now very irritating.

I wish Jermaine would stop all this Jackson 5 reunion talk, and make a Jackson 5 documentary or write a Jackson 5 book etc (because he produced a television series on the Jackson family). Because this Jackson 5 reunion isn't going to happen just yet as Michael is in the studio recording a Michael Jackson album, and I'm sure his next tour will be a Michael Jackson comeback tour. A Jackson 5 reunion will happen suddenly when we least expect it, and it will be an awesome reunion. But it's Michael Jackson time first, because that's what fans and the world want.
Ben

(Don\\\'t Stop Till You Get Enough)

saiyuki14

Post by saiyuki14 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:16 am

Mysti![/QUOTE]

i don't dislike Jermaine...i just think he needs a new hair cut!

Shannon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Shannon » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:29 pm

Mysti![/QUOTE]

I don't dislike Jermaine, I just find it weird that he seemingly is the only one who talks about this reunion. :cryptic I am sure it will be a reunion of some sort sometime in the future, but not now. But, as everything else, we shall see what they have in store for us. :P
[align=center]Image

Thank you, Leah

Thank you for everything,

Michael

...My Fanfiction...

You Are My Life

...My Website dedicated to Michael...

http://www.thesilencedtruth.com[/align]

mysteriousone

Post by mysteriousone » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:14 am

Ben;199092 wrote:Fans don't dislike Jermaine Jackson and I don't dislike Jermaine Jackson.
What? :blink: Let me quote a couple of posts from FANS in this thread!
Yeah Jermaine Isnt nothing but a greasy processed curl wearing liar.
Oh that fan doesn't dislike Jermaine???

And what about this fan:
OMG Jermaine needs a hobby. I'm sorry. I know he's Michael's brother and all but I really can't stand the guy. Hearing his voice, and looking at him makes me wanna grind my teeth.
If that's not disliking someone, I don't know what the hell is, lol! On every board I have been to there are fans, and many of them at that, who DISLIKE Jermaine Jackson, even DESPISE him! I was just wondering what was it he'd done that was so bad as to make his brothers fans despise him! Surely it isn't because he's gone on about some tour or reunion for several years! That could be irritating to some, yes, but some fans actually DESPISE him and I don't feel that's enough reason to DESPISE someone! I thought perhaps he'd done something really EVIL to Michael in the past, know what I mean?
saiyuki14 wrote:i don't dislike Jermaine...i just think he needs a new hair cut!
LMAO--Fair enough!
Shannon wrote:I don't dislike Jermaine, I just find it weird that he seemingly is the only one who talks about this reunion. I am sure it will be a reunion of some sort sometime in the future, but not now. But, as everything else, we shall see what they have in store for us.
LMFAO--This is funny...you and saiyuki14 starting your posts with a "I don't dislike Jermaine........." :lol Honestly, I'm well aware of the people who like Jermaine and the one's who don't! I never thought for a moment you or saiyuki14 disliked Jermaine! :uh_uh:

Mysti!
[align=center]Image

Thank you, Veronica! :wub:[/align]