Official Grammys Thread: Mike to attend Grammys (but not perform)

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

alfredo

Post by alfredo » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:58 pm

I think when Mike decided not to show (per the nameless idiot), they cancelled the tribute. They were probably angry that they put out a commercial and press release and he didn't show.

I saw new commercials that didn't include the tribute. They should have done it anyway! It was a celebration of music and the most successful album in history. Now we're going to get more garbage from the Fox idiot in the morning.

I was so hopeful! But hopefully there will be other promo type stuff for Thriller 25. Mike does not like to do anything unless its perfect and that's his choice!!! The Grammys have been sucking wind for a while. I've never forgiven them for not rewarding 'Bad'. Mike even gave them the best show that year (the way you make me feel and man in the mirror). I remember Liza Minelli being absolutely pissed!

Anyway.... Let's stay positive! Good Night! :michaeljacksonicon: Still the THILLER!

-alfredo

Twittegirl

Post by Twittegirl » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:58 pm

[QUOTE=whisper;201322]The hell?? NO Thriller tribute??

I sat through all of that crap for nuthin'.

....and what the hell is Herbie Hancock doing winning an award? I didn't even know he had an album out.[/QUOTE]

me too Whisper

Starchild

Post by Starchild » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:01 am

please send all you Grammy complaints to their email: MusiCares@grammy.com
It is the mystery that keeps the wonder alive and the beauty together. Take away the mystery and you’ve lost the beauty; take away the beauty and you’ve lost the wonder.

Do not seek in your outter features the beauty that lies within.

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:03 am

I don't think he would just NOT show up. There had to be either some mutual cancellation or they pulled it. If the word was that he was going to how up but not perform, they didn't need him there to pay tribute because he wasn't going to perfom anyway.

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 am

I think this is the email, isn't it?

grammyfoundation@grammy.com

Starchild

Post by Starchild » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:15 am

[QUOTE=whisper;201336]I think this is the email, isn't it?

grammyfoundation@grammy.com
[/QUOTE]

maybe they got 2? I just got that one from the Grammy Site...
It is the mystery that keeps the wonder alive and the beauty together. Take away the mystery and you’ve lost the beauty; take away the beauty and you’ve lost the wonder.

Do not seek in your outter features the beauty that lies within.

R e a f u

Post by R e a f u » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:52 am

As disappointed as we all are , at least one thing is for sure: We can look forward for Thriller 25 to come out in stores very soon. And I have a sneaking suspicion , if Michael was at the helm of everything , even if he didn't perform but at least organized something , we would have all gotten to enjoy people doing covers of his songs.

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:12 am

So I guess I'm NOT going crazy, because everyone else noticed it too...:unsure: LOL. Sooooo dissapointing. :( I mean, I wasn't neccessarily expecting him to show up, but I WAS expecting the tribute--they were advertising it as recently as this evening here! I feel totally gyped! :mad: And I got so excited when Quincy Jones came out..I thought "This HAS to be it". And they DID play a few bars of "Beat It" when Will.i.am was up there, doing that thing he did for the 50th anniv. of the Grammys......so THAT was it, I suppose? What a rip off! :8-26-03ranting:

Something must've fallen through at the last minute, but still, they could've at least said SOMETHING to clarify it somehow, you know? Hopefully there will be some sort of clarification soon..

I forsee a LOT of pissed off MJ fans writing them and I just may be one of them! :cryptic haha..I'll probably wait and see if there's some sort of explanation first, though..

Bummer. :(
[align=center]\\\"It's all for love. L.O.V.E\\\" ♥--Michael Jackson [/align] [align=center]We miss you... [/align]

[align=center]proud.to.be.an.american.mj.fan[/align]

R e a f u

Post by R e a f u » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:30 am

[QUOTE=InspirationMoonwalks;201340]So I guess I'm NOT going crazy, because everyone else noticed it too...:unsure: LOL. Sooooo dissapointing. :( I mean, I wasn't neccessarily expecting him to show up, but I WAS expecting the tribute--they were advertising it as recently as this evening here! I feel totally gyped! :mad: And I got so excited when Quincy Jones came out..I thought "This HAS to be it". And they DID play a few bars of "Beat It" when Will.i.am was up there, doing that thing he did for the 50th anniv. of the Grammys......so THAT was it, I suppose? What a rip off! :8-26-03ranting:

Something must've fallen through at the last minute, but still, they could've at least said SOMETHING to clarify it somehow, you know? Hopefully there will be some sort of clarification soon..

I forsee a LOT of pissed off MJ fans writing them and I just may be one of them! :cryptic haha..I'll probably wait and see if there's some sort of explanation first, though..

Bummer. :([/QUOTE]

I was thinking the very same thing. I was watching over at my mother's place and when we saw Quincy she said "Oh Q is here so I guess we'll see Michael in a few seconds" it was incredibly disappointing that nothing happend. I wonder...has anyone seen anything from Michael's official website?

danaluvsmj
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by danaluvsmj » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:44 am

I'm just as confused as any of you. I wonder what the hell happened?:idontknow I guess maybe the show was running too long and they had to cut out the Thriller tribute. Still though, that's so wrong!:angry:

1958-2009

Gone Too Soon

R e a f u

Post by R e a f u » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:02 am

[QUOTE=danaluvsmj;201343]I'm just as confused as any of you. I wonder what the hell happened?:idontknow I guess maybe the show was running too long and they had to cut out the Thriller tribute. Still though, that's so wrong!:angry:[/QUOTE]

I have to disagree with that one. Whether you like him or not , people would stop what they're doing to see Michael. Even if they were going over time, they would have at least shown a little something. Hell the grammy's wouldn't be the same if it weren't for Mikey and his achievements.

luisamj

Post by luisamj » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:35 am

I can understand why Michael didn't show up at the grammys but...where the hell is Thriller Tribute? :8-26-03ranting:Why did they cut it out? :ohnoyoudidnt :chairbeat

“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.â€

SpecialJanet25

Post by SpecialJanet25 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:57 am

The Grammys has been washed out for years now. I'm not surprised of the outcome of it. it was absolutely boring. I don't know if this a miscommunication about this tribute or someone made that commerical as a PR stunt. The whole thing doesn't make sense, but I think we were mislead into thinking there was going to be a Thriller 25 tribute. Like most of you, I disappointed but not surprised

Shannon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Shannon » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:39 pm

What a bummer. :(

But then again, why am I not too surprised? :rolleyes: Going by what you guys have said about the Grammys, it has slowly faded away into desperate attempts to get more ratings. MTV, if my memory is with me, used Britney Spears when she clearly wasn't ready to go back on stage, and the Grammy folks used Michael's name and his fans to get attention and therefore more ratings. It sucks, but I am glad Michael stayed away - there are heaps of better opportunities for him in the future, I'm sure. :)
[align=center]Image

Thank you, Leah

Thank you for everything,

Michael

...My Fanfiction...

You Are My Life

...My Website dedicated to Michael...

http://www.thesilencedtruth.com[/align]

R e a f u

Post by R e a f u » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:38 pm

[QUOTE=SpecialJanet25;201358]The Grammys has been washed out for years now.[/QUOTE]

Funny, my mother and older sister were saying the same thing. A lot of the acts that performed mom never heard of and complained how boring they were.