Neverland NOT Being Auctioned? CNN article pg3

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

R e a f u

Post by R e a f u » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:03 pm

[QUOTE=InspirationMoonwalks;202035]\

I mean, I understand where fans are coming from on this, but I just don't buy that he'd actually want to let this happen. I mean, it's kind of like saying "Oh, I don't feel like paying my rent anymore, I don't want the place, so I think I'll just let them kick me out". No, if that happens, you either sell or try to get out of the arrangement..you don't LET something be forcibly taken from you, through arbitration. That just does not make sense. Something is missing here that will probably end up coming to light before this is all said and done. And you know that hardly anything they report is ever at the face value, it's going to pretty much inevitably be spun in some way, at least when it comes to Michael. So, I'm going to wait and see before I jump to any conclusions..

But it WILL be sad if, if, IF this comes to pass...:( It's sad that it's even come down to this point in the first place..*sighs*[/QUOTE]

And look at it from this point: People have been giving him hell for owning the place and having it so open to the public for YEARS. People in the media and elsewhere must be just waiting for something like this to happen. They see it as Michael being taken down a peg and them taking away something that was really dear to him. If he let's this auction go down, to me, it's almost like he's saying "Alright you guys won." and I really don't think he'd just give up like that, without a real fight. On the other hand, if he auctioned off the property or even just tore the place down and built something new over top that would be like a "new beginning" for him. All the negativity, scandal and plain out garbage would go with the rubble. I guess all we can do now is wait and see what happens, after all we do not know what's going on in Michael's head, he could have something bigger and better than Neverland planned.

Shannon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Shannon » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:16 pm

I heard the news first on what is meant to be one of the most serious radio stations in Norway at 2 am last night. To me, the story seems believable, but still does not add up. It is sad though that it has come to this, once again. I have many theories on how it ended up like this, some of you have voiced them already, but I am sure Michael will sort this out. I doubt very much he would just throw away Neverland like that, like Tara has already pointed out, he has had several opportunities to sell it. If he wanted to get rid of it, he would have sold it ages ago. He is not stupid.
[align=center]Image

Thank you, Leah

Thank you for everything,

Michael

...My Fanfiction...

You Are My Life

...My Website dedicated to Michael...

http://www.thesilencedtruth.com[/align]

danaluvsmj
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by danaluvsmj » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:04 pm

I highly doubt that Michael would just let Neverland go up for auction, or he would have sold it by now. I think there's a lot of greedy people who want to get their hands on it and want Michael to lose it, just to see him humiliated, but I don't see that happening. It just doesn't make sense at all. I just wish all these stories about him losing Neverland would stop coming out month after friggin month.

1958-2009

Gone Too Soon

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:53 pm

And look at it from this point: People have been giving him hell for owning the place and having it so open to the public for YEARS. People in the media and elsewhere must be just waiting for something like this to happen. They see it as Michael being taken down a peg and them taking away something that was really dear to him. If he let's this auction go down, to me, it's almost like he's saying "Alright you guys won." and I really don't think he'd just give up like that, without a real fight. On the other hand, if he auctioned off the property or even just tore the place down and built something new over top that would be like a "new beginning" for him. All the negativity, scandal and plain out garbage would go with the rubble. I guess all we can do now is wait and see what happens, after all we do not know what's going on in Michael's head, he could have something bigger and better than Neverland planned.
Great points. :8-26-03respect: The key here is that it is HIS decision, as it would be to keep or sell it. But for someone to come in and TAKE it from him (as would be the case in having it foreclose) and make the profit (because you can bet that they'd take it and turn it into some Graceland type tourist attraction...mark my words) WOULD be like forfeiting. I mean, if you're not going to keep the place, at least get something out of it! That's why I gotta believe that his legal team is probably sitting in a room somewhere as we talk about this, coming up with some sort of a plan, which obviously, they have been, considering that they were apparently trying to refinance). AND add to that the fact that apparently, if they foreclose and auction off the property, they would have the prerrogative of auctioning off everything IN it as well, personal effects, whatever he still has there (and I've heard of his people going in there recently, getting documetns and stuff, so obviously there's stuff still there that they could bank off of). I mean, look at the fight he put up last summer, when they were auctioning off that old stuff from the 80's in Vegas...I'm sure he's not going to like that! :lol

The bottom line here is that no one who's approaching it with a rational mind would just let it come to this as opposed to selling or coming up with another way to make money off/make up for it (like turning it into a theme park or something), as this would be a negative for him all around. Unless they absolutely HAD to. Like Veronica said, he is not stupid.

Ahh, see, I THOUGHT things were going too well for him as of late..*sighs*
[align=center]\\\"It's all for love. L.O.V.E\\\" ♥--Michael Jackson [/align] [align=center]We miss you... [/align]

[align=center]proud.to.be.an.american.mj.fan[/align]

danaluvsmj
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by danaluvsmj » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:18 pm

At this point, I think Michael should just sell it, then that will shut the media up. He could sell to someone he knows and trusts, and who will take good care of it. The ranch has already caused him enough pain and has cost him millions of dollars and he hasn't even lived there in three years. What's the point of holding onto it if he's not going to use it? Why waste all that money? He could sell it and then use the money to build a new home.

1958-2009

Gone Too Soon

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:33 pm

[QUOTE=danaluvsmj;202055]At this point, I think Michael should just sell it, then that will shut the media up. He could sell to someone he knows and trusts, and who will take good care of it. The ranch has already caused him enough pain and has cost him millions of dollars and he hasn't even lived there in three years. What's the point of holding onto it if he's not going to use it? Why waste all that money? He could sell it and then use the money to build a new home.[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't shut them up, though..they'd have a field day with that one! :lol But not nearly as much as they would if it actually gets foreclosed. I completely agree that it would be much better, obviously, if HE were the one to make the move instead of the bank and even better if a friend or trusted person in his life took it over. Because right now, it's a sitting duck to be exploited by whoever can come up with the cash first and you KNOW they will try to find something to twist around and try and humiliate him even mroe. :unsure: OR make money off of it yourself and turn it into a theme park or something--I bet that's what someone else would do anyway only if Michael was the one who did it, he'd have control over it AND profit from it.

But the fact that he's not done any of these things and has held onto it for so long, paying on it up to this point, etc. makes me think he's invested in it still in some form. I mean, why would you do all that and not let go, only to one day go "Ah, the hell with it" AND lose your investment and not make a dime? Again, something just doesn't seem to add up..

Sometimes I just wish he could put the damn place up on a UHaul it and put it somewhere else other than that county..:cryptic
[align=center]\\\"It's all for love. L.O.V.E\\\" ♥--Michael Jackson [/align] [align=center]We miss you... [/align]

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:47 pm

(CNN) -- Pop star Michael Jackson will avoid foreclosure on his Neverland Ranch property with a new loan, a Jackson insider told CNN Wednesday.

Documents show that Neverland Ranch in Los Olivos, California, is scheduled for a public auction on March 19 at Santa Barbara's downtown courthouse.

But the Jackson source said that won't happen.

"Michael Jackson's ranch is not going to be auctioned off at the courthouse," the Jackson insider said. "The financing is all being worked out."

"There are plenty of lenders willing to work with him. The real estate market is very bad right now and Jackson is being affected just like many other Americans," the source said.

The Santa Barbara County Recorder's Web site lists a "notice of trustees sale" by Jackson and his property lenders, Financial Title Company, filed Monday.

In California, title companies typically represent lenders in foreclosure cases.

A notice of trustees sale cannot be posted earlier than 90 days after a notice of default is filed. That notice is not filed unless a loan is in substantial default, sometimes six months or more past due.

A real estate source inside Santa Barbara County said the trustees filing is only the first step in a long process that could drag on for months.

The real estate source said other options are available to Jackson, including selling the ranch directly to another party or making a payment on his $24.5 million Neverland debt that would satisfy the trustee.

The recorder's Web site also reveals there was a release of lien on Jackson on February 4, showing he paid off all or part of delinquent taxes to the state of California.

"It seems unlikely that someone would pay off back taxes, only to let the ranch go up for auction a few weeks later," said the real estate source.
Jackson has not lived at Neverland since June 2005, after a Santa Barbara County jury found him not guilty of child molestation charges.

Source: http://edition.cnn.com/2008/US/02/27/ja ... reclosure/

Justlookingaround

Post by Justlookingaround » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:59 pm

It seems like the deal he was working on with fortress did not work out. And he is seeking a new lender

Ben

Post by Ben » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:46 pm

[QUOTE=Justlookingaround;202041]And if there is something "odd" going on with his finances how long is he going to allow it to go on?[/QUOTE]

Until he gets all this alleged Neverland and Fortress loan sorted out !
Ben

(Don\\\'t Stop Till You Get Enough)

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:56 pm

See, I KNEW he wouldn't let it come to that! *crosses fingers*

Now let's see how quickly this story will dissapear...for the moment, at least..lol.

danaluvsmj
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by danaluvsmj » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:00 pm

Ah, see I knew this would be settled somehow. I don't see Michael just letting it go now.

1958-2009

Gone Too Soon

Tamiele

Post by Tamiele » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:01 pm

Hi people,

My theory on this, because it seems odd and mishandled by the Jackson camp, is that it has to do with emotional attachment. The good feelings attached to the ranch are 1) Michael built it as a place to for him to be a kid and to have some privacy from the outside world, 2) He likely put so much of himself into all of the elements of Neverland that it represents something like music that he has created, 3) the kids were all babies in that very home the memories are likely very special and lots of them and perhaps the kids are the ones who say to Michael don't sell our home - yah never no. But on the flip side of all that, Michael likely feels like his paradise on earth is "damaged goods" because it is a huge reminder of the scandal. It also may continue to facilitate the connection to the past if the public knows he still lives there. It has been better for him to clear his public image by not having anything to do with the past problems - and unfortunately the ranch was the "scene of the crime" and I don't mean Michael committed a crime but the crooks who plotted against him sure did.

Anyhow, I think that Michael hasn't addressed the problem because he doesn't no what to do about it and so has let the bank make the decision for him.

Later,
Tamie