MJ Health Rumors jump to MSNBC

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:28 pm

So I'm flipping through the channels and MSNBC starts talking about the rumor of Mike being 'gravely ill', etc. WTH? :glare:

Some unnamed biographer is spreading this without any kind of verification and of course MSNBC didn't really seek any verification before talking about the story. :angry:

danaluvsmj
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by danaluvsmj » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:33 pm

WTF? How can those new shows actually report on that crap? So stupid:8-26-03ranting:

I also saw this ad for Access Hollywood once again saying that MJ was 'really broke'.How many times do they really have to say that kind of BS?

1958-2009

Gone Too Soon

ajkinkycuffs

Post by ajkinkycuffs » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:28 pm

I heard that he's gravely ill on my local channel CBS 47 in the San Joaquin Valley, here in Fresno, Ca..they always do this ..end of the year beginning of the year...they dont got anything to talk about...but i dun know..it's whack...i wanna hear some legit stuff though.

ajkinkycuffs

Post by ajkinkycuffs » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:36 pm

I usually don't listen to the news but when it's local I get just a tad worried..it usually isn't made up when it gets to my local station...i dun know...

Found this on CBS
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/12/ ... nt_4681063

(CBS) As one journalist recently put it, "rumors are all anyone hears about Michael Jackson these days," and the current claim comes from a writer working on a Jackson biography. CBS News correspondent Richard Roth has the report.

Quoted in Britain's Daily Express, the writer says Jackson may now be fighting for his life - ill with a rare lung condition, in need of a transplant, but too weak to undergo surgery.

There's no public comment from Jackson's official spokeswoman. The singer's brother has simply said it's not a good time, and that Jackson's not doing so well.

Twenty-six years after the release of "Thriller," it's still the best-selling record of all time. But Jackson long ago lost his stature as the King of Pop.

"He's the ultimate showman - or was," says show business commentator Neil Sean. "I think we're talking in the league of Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley; he will go down as one of those people, but there's a sad sort of tinge because what people remember are the court cases, the ill-advised publicity deals."

...And the oddities. The facemask was always one hint he was worried about his health. The current claim is that his lung condition has left him so weak he can barely speak.

Acquitted at his trial three years ago of accusations of child abuse, Jackson's never shaken whispered charges of drug or alcohol abuse.

Money problems forced him out of his private "Neverland" theme park, where he used to play with a chimpanzee named Bubbles.

But ill health was said to be the reason he avoided a recent court date in a big money lawsuit. Now, the claim is that excuse was legitimate.

© MMVIII, CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved

ajkinkycuffs

Post by ajkinkycuffs » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:39 pm

And then these two...

http://www.spin.com/articles/michael-ja ... ng-disease

News
Michael Jackson Suffering From Deadly Lung Disease?
Writer Ian Halperin claims the singer is so weak he can barely speak.
By Melissa Goldstein 12.22.08 9:37 AM

In his new book about Michael Jackson's life, author Ian Halperin has made some serious allegations about the King of Pop's health.

The former Rolling Stone writer is claiming that Jackson suffers from a condition known as Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency, a potentially fatal genetic illness [via Gigwise.com].

In Alperin's words, "He has had Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency for years, but it's gotten worse. He needs a lung transplant but may be too weak to go through with it. He also has emphysema and chronic gastrointestinal bleeding, which his doctors have had a lot of trouble stopping. He can barely speak, the vision in his left eye has 95 per cent. For years Michael has been working with doctors to make sure it doesn't progress. He has been on medications that have stabilised him."

-------------
http://www.nj.com/entertainment/celebri ... y_nee.html

Michael Jackson reportedly needs transplant for rare lung condition
by Vicki Hyman/The Star-Ledger
Monday December 22, 2008, 11:38 AM
BETH A. KEISER/EPAMichael Jackson performing at Madison Square Garden in 2001

Michael Jackson's biographer says the singer is suffering from a rare lung condition that could kill him without an emergency transplant, Fox News reports.

For years, Jackson has suffered from Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency, which means his liver doesn't produce enough of a protein that protects the lungs from neutrophil elastase, which, unchecked, attacks healthy lung tissue.

But Ian Halperin says the condition has gotten much worse and that Jackson needs a lung transplant, but he "may be too weak to go through with it." What's more, Jackson also suffers from gastrointestinal bleeding and emphysema, can barely speak and is almost entirely blind in one eye, according to Halperin.

ajkinkycuffs

Post by ajkinkycuffs » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:40 pm

So..even though it's apparently spreading to various news sources here in the U.S....I'll still wait for some kind of statement from MJ camp though :D That's always the best route, good or bad.

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:36 pm

Hmm, didn't look like he was "dying" in those pics the other day...:idontknow LOL. Probably yet another stupid rumor. I sure hope, at least....:unsure:
[align=center]\\\"It's all for love. L.O.V.E\\\" ♥--Michael Jackson [/align] [align=center]We miss you... [/align]

[align=center]proud.to.be.an.american.mj.fan[/align]

SpecialJanet25

Post by SpecialJanet25 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:17 pm

Something does not some right here at all. Who the hell is this biographer talking about Michael's alleged heath problems?! Someone in Jackson's PR camp better starting getting on the damn ball with this before the fans starts to getting worrying and the media began more speculations.

danaluvsmj
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by danaluvsmj » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:59 pm

[QUOTE=InspirationMoonwalks;208415]Hmm, didn't look like he was "dying" in those pics the other day...:idontknow LOL. Probably yet another stupid rumor. I sure hope, at least....:unsure:[/QUOTE]

Exactly.Would he really be out and about if he was that ill? It just doesn't make sense at all. I really home his team will put this to rest.

1958-2009

Gone Too Soon

Juniorlady

Post by Juniorlady » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:20 pm

I just heard about this on FOX 5 news. I just hope this is another stupid rumor trying to scare us. Who is this so-called biographer anyway? :angry:

Mack Dogg

Post by Mack Dogg » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:40 pm

People are starting to get worried. I believe if Mike was really sick his publicist will say something. Not some bookworm!

SpecialJanet25

Post by SpecialJanet25 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:47 pm

[QUOTE=Mack Dogg;208420]People are starting to get worried. I believe if Mike was really sick his publicist will say something. Not some bookworm![/QUOTE]

Precisely! Like Dana said, it don't make sense why a biographer will say something like this?

SpecialJanet25

Post by SpecialJanet25 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:00 pm

Message sent to you follows:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) — A spokesman for Michael Jackson released a
statement on Monday denying as a "total fabrication" a report claiming that
the King of Pop needs a lung transplant due to a rare respiratory
disease.

The statement, attributed to Jackson's "official and sole spokesperson, Dr.
Tohme Tohme" and issued by Los Angeles firm Scoop Marketing, cites an
interview with writer Ian Halperin in British newspaper the Sunday Express
in which Halperin said Jackson was suffering from Alpha 1-antitrypsin
deficiency.

Halperin, who is at work on an unauthorized biography of the singer, also
claims Jackson can barely speak, suffers from emphysema and internal
bleeding, and has lost 95 percent of the vision in his left eye.

"Concerning this author's allegations, we would hope in the future that
legitimate media will not continue to be exploited by such an obvious
attempt to promote this unauthorized 'biography,'" said the statement
attributed to Tohme.

"The writer's wild allegations concerning Mr. Jackson's health are a total
fabrication," the statement said. "Mr. Jackson is in fine health and
finalizing negotiations with a major entertainment company and television
network for both a world tour and a series of specials and appearances."

Jackson, 50, one of the best-selling recording artists of all time, began
his musical career with his siblings in the Motown group the Jackson 5 and
went on release such hit solo albums as "Thriller."

But the singer has been dogged since the 1990s by scandal and revelations
about his eccentric lifestyle. He was tried and acquitted of child sex
abuse charges in 2005.

(Reporting by Bob Tourtellotte; Editing by Steve Gorman)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081223/peo ... _jackson_1

visit the thread for this topic here
http://mjsunifc.com/main/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=247

In Case the newslink does not work, I receive this email from MJSUNIFC or any questions or concerns, let me know

ajkinkycuffs

Post by ajkinkycuffs » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:24 pm

Thanks for the heads up on this. They always report on rumors of MJ around this time anyway, end of the year and beginning of the year. News must be slow lately then.

Simply The Best

Post by Simply The Best » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:50 pm

Michael Jackson is Firm, Solid and still what he is. :pullhair He is NOT what media says!
MJ is Solid and nothing will happen to him.
He is made to be what he is with absolute protection from his creator.
Media cannot destroy MJ. He can cope with any rubbish talks from any source
MJ came from a higher Dimension and he is unbreakable being too.
*Only few of his type exists in this small wolrd we live in.
*Some of us belong together in different forms and knew each other by signs & senses
*Love, Peace, Quality, Strenght, Power are the attributes of them!
Smile more MJ and have a HAPPY Xtmas & New Year!
Happy Xtmas to everyone!
Cheers
Janessa
:baby_rolling ;) :)