share how you are feeling and coping...

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:29 pm

[QUOTE=Saphster;211657]Me too! I only ate about 1 time a day since he's passed...I did not eat at all on Friday though, just about 1 cup of cereal. Food just didn't have a taste for the first few days....

I was so depressed yesterday (sunday) I just hated being at work and being around PEOPLE in general. I got snappy with customers and as a result of not eating I kept feeling fatigue and dizzy. I've lost about 3-4 pounds....I try to eat more though. Right now I ate a good amount that would normally fill me up but since I haven't been eating enough I'm still hungry..:lol[/QUOTE]

I didnt eat all day friday except for a few biscuits that I didnt want and I just threw them back up anyway. I only ate something on saturday afternoon, I didnt even want it. I have been so tired since friday as well. I tried to eat some cereal yesterday when I went home but I got angry and threw the whole thing in the sink after 2 mouthfuls. I went back to my mums and had a bit to eat there.
the member formerly known as MJslave...

Mack Dogg

Post by Mack Dogg » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:39 pm

He's at peace now. No more scandals, no more critisism, just peace. His legacy lives on! Thank you Michael!

andone
Trial Period
Trial Period

delete

Post by andone » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:54 pm

delete
Last edited by andone on Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

charliecooper
Trial Period
Trial Period

Post by charliecooper » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:10 pm

[QUOTE=Cj@;211663]i'm not coping really well. but janet does have a point, to him he was an icon and to them he was family so in a sense i wonder how much grieving we're allowed to do. i mean in the end it's true i didn't know him and he didn't know me. he had a profound effect on my life and now i'm wondering if i took being a fan a bit too seriously[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. I feel a little awkward since it's not like I ever met him.
\\\"But I was desolate and sick of an old passion,

When I awoke and found the dawn was gray.

I have been faithful to thee, Cynara, in my fashion...\\\"

---\\\"Cynara,\\\" Ernest Dowson

Cristine87

Post by Cristine87 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:45 pm

When Michael died, the whole world seemed to have stood still and go dark. That tells you alot. I know I didn't know him, but I don't care. I'm still in an excrusiating amount of pain. For 22 years I was one of his biggest fans. I stood by him through two child abuse allegations, two marraiges, three kids, numerous amazing songs, ground breaking videos, I watched all the award show appearances, I defended him with every fiber of my being and he is a huge part of why I am the person I am today. I loved that man with all my heart and he was a huge part of my childhood. It just happened way too fast. Within minutes, I got the phone call from a friend telling me, googled it, saw it on tv and then...he was gone. Just like that, he was taken from us! All i could do was fall to the floor and bawl my eyes out. OMG, why the hell did this happen? I cried alot today, I think it had to do with seeing Janet yesterday. It hit me so hard today! I keep thinking he left us too early. I try to take it one day at a time, but every morning I wake up, I feel heavy, Like a ton of bricks is weighing me down. The world is just different now!

Saphster

Post by Saphster » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:37 am

[QUOTE=Cj@;211663]one of the things angering me though is Joseph Jackson. I mean, in a sense I can't judge cause I dont know what's going on behind closed doors but the way he's been responding in interviews is really ticking me off. It's like did he lose his son or win the lottery? He's beaming and crap...maybe that's his way of handling it, maybe he's this super strong person but someone is asking you about your son and you're promoting your record label? are you forreal? and then when asked what he wants people to remember of his son...you'd think he'd say something about his character. this dude is talking about 'that he was the biggest star that ever lived' umm he was already that when he was alive. Idk Joe loses cool points with me for that...[/QUOTE]

I don't like him that much either. I think how Michael's father and brothers handle certain situations is why Michael separated himself from his family. He was really close to his mother, but the others...maybe Janet and Latoya....

But, I mean if Michael wanted his children to have been with his family if something would've happened to him (like it did) he would've given the rights of godparents or guardians to janet or someone in his fam. but that's just me....i keep contradicting myself and saying it's good they are with their family right now...but then...i start to wonder and think they will be exposed to so much bad things about their father around their family..............:idontknow Michael was raising them in a way he thought he should have been raised. Hopefully, his mother will do a good job.

\\\"My fans are still there. They still love me. They\\\'re alive.\\\" -Michael Jackson.

sweet princess

Post by sweet princess » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:43 am

I'm ok, I'm eating, but not getting enough sleep.
It hasn't really sunk in yet. I'm deeply numb and in denail.
Help me, come to terms with this.

R.I.P. Michael..I love you...

mjhb29
Trial Period
Trial Period

Post by mjhb29 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:43 am

I am usually a lurker but I have to say that you guys are helping me out because for the most part I feel the same as most of you. I was online when I heard he was in the hospital then I turned on the tv just as the news was first coming out. I could not believe it and I started crying and screaming no and woke up my mom, who hugged me as I cried.

For now I am on and off crying but I am a very emotional person and I felt very connected to Michael like so many of you were too. I will miss the beautiful man he was.

R e a f u

Post by R e a f u » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:27 am

Okay, I'm going to admit it, I'm not coping really well at all. I can't really eat because food has no taste, I'm perfectly fine with having eaten one meal a day. I'm usually sitting in a dark room by myself. I have to take medication just to sleep and medication in order to function at work. I can't physically smile, I can feel my lips quivering and I need to go and calm myself in a bathroom. Last Sunday I was at my sister's home having a birthday party for my stepfather. I spent most of the time asleep(haven't really slept well in a week and a half). My two nephews and nieces were singing The Way You Make Me Feel and I practically went a ballistic. I will start crying at the drop of a hat, I've been having pms issues(hooray for the pill messing with your hormones) and that ontop of the death and frustration about my job situation(as in I want to quit so badly) just aren't helping. I seriously would be content just spending my day sleeping. Pretty certain I'm depressed...It feels like there is no more light left in my life. I had plans to go to a comic convention that runs from the 28th-30th of August but I just don't think I could go. I can honestly say I've only smiled or laughed about something maybe 3 times in the past 5 days.

My mother suggest I go and do the things I normally do for entertainment. So far, I've been playing videogames for hours, just to occupy my mind with something other than the overwhelming despair and sadness I feel. I wonder when it will all end?

Missy

Post by Missy » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:32 am

[QUOTE=oldschoolfan;211653]You can post as much as you want! That's the whole reason I started this thread, so you can share all you want about how you are feling. Nobody can mourn someones death all alone, we need to be there for each other.[/QUOTE]
Thank you. This is exactly why I've come back here. The support is wonderful. *hugs everyone*

About Joseph, I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this way... But to be honest, I didn't like Jermaine's statement either when he refered to Michael as the King Of Pop. It just didn't seem right... But, hey, not my place to judge.

[QUOTE=Angel_Cake]PS slightly off topic, Missy is that you in your siggy video? I love it, it makes me smile every time I see it[/QUOTE]
Sorry for O/T. Hehe! Nah not me. He's called Yoochun and he's in a Korean pop group called DBSK. I'm glad it made you smile! :D

Missing you...

SpecialJanet25

Post by SpecialJanet25 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:47 am

:confused: In my opinion about Joe Jackson is that he did the best he could for all his children. During those times, in the fifities and sixites, it was the parents rights to discipline their children. But we have to give Joseph credit. If wasn't for him, we will have the Jackson 5 or Michael as the greatest enterainer in our lives.
It is true that Michael was robbed of his childhood, like most child stars. Michael had once said he loved show business had no regrets.

For most children today, who don't have fathers, sadly some of them even in trouble with the law, join gangs or worse even up dead at a young age. That did not happen with Michael or any of siblings. Only when he was falsed accused of child molestration.

My father was and is a lot like Joseph. Because of his miltary training, my father was verbally abuse toward me and my mother at times and he scary me too sometimes. There were times I hated him but i know he was doing was a best as any parent would do.

Even Janet said she had trouble relationship with as well. But Michael forgave him and he loves his father. Both of his parents raising a wonderful son. No doubt Michael has made mistakes like everyone else. Just remember none of us does not know Mr. Joe Jackson. Also, about this record label by Mr. Jackson, that was misquoted and taking out of context, be careful what you heard from the press.

The family stood by him during the trial. This is a hard time for the Jackson Family because Joe and Katherine lost their son and his siblings lost a brother. His young children lost their father. Like all families, the Jackson Family had their share of hard times and good times but Michael had always said he loves his family and was always there for them, just like they were there for him during his trouble times when his life was at stake during the trial.

I want to share with you because for me I can't like or dislike someone like Joe Jackson, whom I don't know but understand he did all he could for his children.

If I can do my life all over again, I would make my father proud, but sometimes I feel I can't satisfy my parents, especially my mother. I understand where Michael is going from. I so bless to have him and his family in my life for past 30 years of my life. May God bless them all and forgave Joseph for his mistakes and his faults.

Dara

miss

Post by miss » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:51 am

I just don't believe it.. I refuse to believe it..
It just doesn't make any sense.. He is not dead.. he can't be
one day I'll fly away, leave all this to yesterday...

Jackson829

Post by Jackson829 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:36 pm

As I predicted, I cried for an hour last night. I was watching TV and of course Michael was the main topic so I turned it off cause I couldn't take it. Even washing up in the bathroom, I felt it. I balled so badly. Then after a while I felt better. For me its like a cycle. It'll just keep spinning and spinning until it runs out.

Juniorlady

Post by Juniorlady » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:09 pm

I cried when I heard the news, and I cried after the BET tribute. Right now, I'm just keeping track of what's going on but keeps myself strong for his family and himself. I will play his music as loud as I can. Michael, I will miss you; if you see my great-grandma up there, tell her I love her.

Saphster

Post by Saphster » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:57 pm

[QUOTE=SpecialJanet25;211695]:confused: In my opinion about Joe Jackson is that he did the best he could for all his children. During those times, in the fifities and sixites, it was the parents rights to discipline their children. But we have to give Joseph credit. If wasn't for him, we will have the Jackson 5 or Michael as the greatest enterainer in our lives.
It is true that Michael was robbed of his childhood, like most child stars. Michael had once said he loved show business had no regrets.

For most children today, who don't have fathers, sadly some of them even in trouble with the law, join gangs or worse even up dead at a young age. That did not happen with Michael or any of siblings. Only when he was falsed accused of child molestration.

My father was and is a lot like Joseph. Because of his miltary training, my father was verbally abuse toward me and my mother at times and he scary me too sometimes. There were times I hated him but i know he was doing was a best as any parent would do.

Even Janet said she had trouble relationship with as well. But Michael forgave him and he loves his father. Both of his parents raising a wonderful son. No doubt Michael has made mistakes like everyone else. Just remember none of us does not know Mr. Joe Jackson. Also, about this record label by Mr. Jackson, that was misquoted and taking out of context, be careful what you heard from the press.

The family stood by him during the trial. This is a hard time for the Jackson Family because Joe and Katherine lost their son and his siblings lost a brother. His young children lost their father. Like all families, the Jackson Family had their share of hard times and good times but Michael had always said he loves his family and was always there for them, just like they were there for him during his trouble times when his life was at stake during the trial.

I want to share with you because for me I can't like or dislike someone like Joe Jackson, whom I don't know but understand he did all he could for his children.

If I can do my life all over again, I would make my father proud, but sometimes I feel I can't satisfy my parents, especially my mother. I understand where Michael is going from. I so bless to have him and his family in my life for past 30 years of my life. May God bless them all and forgave Joseph for his mistakes and his faults.

Dara[/QUOTE]

After reading your post I had to kind of sort of agree.......Michael surely went through a lot of pain in his life. And I'm still not over it. I dislike anyone who hurts or talks bad about Michael immediately, even if it's his own father. I don't hate Joseph, and I know his life was tough and was trying to do the best for his family, but I can't FULLY like him. I'll respect him though. It is true that Joseph was the one who started the Jackson 5 but I think even if he hadn't started it, Michael would have gotten into the music business and would've became the greatest artist of all time regardless. Joseph could've still let him have a good childhood and could've done things differently though....but I'm not going to duel on the past anymore.

Long Live Michael Jackson.

\\\"My fans are still there. They still love me. They\\\'re alive.\\\" -Michael Jackson.