Please, please, PLEASE dont post the viewing pictures on here

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:19 am

I have been hearing there will be a viewing of Michael's body on the weekend and I am BEGGING yall not to post it on here, I dont want to see it but if they are posted on here I'll get tempted to look. I'm bud to end up having to see them at some point, on the tv or wherever, I couldnt stand it, all this funeral, body, burial talk is really bringing out the reality of the situation and making me upset again.
the member formerly known as MJslave...

mskim0928
Trial Period
Trial Period

Post by mskim0928 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:06 am

I agree. I don't want to remember him like that. :(

When my beloved grandfather died, they had a viewing. It was possibly one of the most horrific things I have ever endured. I just want to remember him alive. The man I saw that day was NOT my grandpa!

Missy

Post by Missy » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:11 am

I don't want to see either. I know eventually it'll be unavoidable, but I don't want to pics lingering here forever. :( I want remember him alive and happy.

Missing you...

Juniorlady

Post by Juniorlady » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:15 pm

It would make feel uncomfortable seeing the viewing pics here; so please don't post them. I don't want the last pic I see to be him laying in a coffin.

Purdy Young Thang

Post by Purdy Young Thang » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:17 pm

agdksfjaklfdjs;-- (breaks down sobbing)

What she said: NO VIEWING PICTURES, PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE.
Image Image Image Image

:love :love :love :love

love you always

oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:17 pm

The worst part is we are bound to see them at some point, we will literally not be able to watch tv for a week, and even then... Plus there will always be the temptation to look, and it will just put even worse thoughs into my head if I see it. I just don't want to know, I don't want to think about it.

Saphster

Post by Saphster » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:25 pm

Exactly. If this viewing ever does happen sooner or later the pictures will be on the front page of every single magazine, internet site, TV news station. Anyone remember Lady Diana? And how her last few pictures were even on freakin magazine covers? I mean seriously...children at grocery stores see that!

But, yeah I think you just better prepare yourself. That's the best thing you can do. I think someone eventually will post it on here. IF they do I think they should do it in just one thread instead of all of them.

\\\"My fans are still there. They still love me. They\\\'re alive.\\\" -Michael Jackson.

mskim0928
Trial Period
Trial Period

Post by mskim0928 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:49 pm

Does anyone else besides me question why they even allow public viewings of celebrities that have passed to take place? It's bound to turn into a media circus, and frankly, taking a photo of someone who is dead is just morbid to me. It's beyond morbid to publish those photos for all to see in my opinion.

I know that some people see the viewing as closure, and a way to move on and accept the death. I guess I'm just not one of those people. I'd rather remember that person as alive and happy. I have other ways of accepting and coming to peace with their passing.

If the celebrity has requested a viewing, then it should be limited to family only. They spend their lives being chased by the media so it just seems ironic that even in death they have no privacy. I realize that public figures lose most of their privacy, but as a society can't we draw the line somewhere? Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

LittleSusie50

Post by LittleSusie50 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:47 am

Oh sweet Jesus,
I know its not my business, but I pray to God that its CLOSED CASKET.
I have been to at least 7 open casket funerals, and it is completely horrifying to say the least. The last one damn near killed me. The media does not need one last feeding. It was bad enough that some damn fool put the pic of him in the ambulance on tv. I damn near levitated when I saw that. I will have no choice but to look, but I pray that all I see is a casket, which will be bad enough. Did anybody see the James Brown funeral? I had nightmares for a while after that. Please Lord, please close the casket.
Susie::uh_uh:

When I'm good I'm bad, and when I'm bad, I'm better...

Cristine87

Post by Cristine87 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:03 am

I'mma be honest with you, with all the media circus that's been going on since he died, I wish they would just have the damn funeral and bury him already. It just bothers me that he's in a freezer somewhere. I don't wanna be a b*tch or anything, because I know that's up to his family to decide but why the hell is it taking so long to make arrangments?

mskim0928
Trial Period
Trial Period

Post by mskim0928 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:10 am

[QUOTE=Cristine87;211909]I'mma be honest with you, with all the media circus that's been going on since he died, I wish they would just have the damn funeral and bury him already. It just bothers me that he's in a freezer somewhere. I don't wanna be a b*tch or anything, because I know that's up to his family to decide but why the hell is it taking so long to make arrangments?[/QUOTE]

I have to say that I agree with you. I'm sure it has something to do with the ongoing investigation into the drugs that were allegedly found and the questions the Feds have for his doctors. Why does everything have to be such a big production? Can't the man have any peace??? Arghhh! :pullhair

Cristine87

Post by Cristine87 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:16 am

[QUOTE=mskim0928;211912] Why does everything have to be such a big production? Can't the man have any peace??? Arghhh! :pullhair[/QUOTE]

Exactly! Everything has to be a f*cking spectacle. Farrah Fawcett died the same day as MJ and she had her funeral and her burial already. She's resting in peace and there was no circus! Now with Michael, it couldn't be that simple. Oh no, we've got 100plus people making comments, opinions and eyewitness accounts, we got Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson in the mix, DEA has now been called in to investigate, what the f*ck? What is all this?

LittleSusie50

Post by LittleSusie50 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:36 pm

I have been hearing that there will be NO viewing of the body at the memorial. I am hoping that no one will talk the family out of this. It will just become one last chance to make a spectacle out of Michael.

When I'm good I'm bad, and when I'm bad, I'm better...

oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:45 pm

[QUOTE=LittleSusie50;212095]I have been hearing that there will be NO viewing of the body at the memorial. I am hoping that no one will talk the family out of this. It will just become one last chance to make a spectacle out of Michael.[/QUOTE] I have actually heard that too, THANK GOD. Can you imagine the amount of people that would show up?! Maybe that's why they aren't doing it.

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:00 am

[QUOTE=Cristine87;211916]Exactly! Everything has to be a f*cking spectacle. Farrah Fawcett died the same day as MJ and she had her funeral and her burial already. She's resting in peace and there was no circus! Now with Michael, it couldn't be that simple. Oh no, we've got 100plus people making comments, opinions and eyewitness accounts, we got Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson in the mix, DEA has now been called in to investigate, what the f*ck? What is all this?[/QUOTE]

I hear you. This is crazy. But I almost expect it now. It's sad and unfortunate that he's been unable to rest peacefully without a "testimony" here, and "I know this to be fact", there, a "I haven't spoken to MJ in 15 years, but I know him". Like I said, its crazy, especially when you have networks giving the kooks and creeps all this face time and not taking the time to verify a damn thing. No one's asking the important questions that could blow all the speculation to pieces. About the only reporter I've seen doing his job in a decent way is Anderson Cooper.

But to be fair in comparing Michael's memorials to Farrah Fawcett. She was in a steady decline health wise; it wasn't a sudden passing like Michael's so her family had the time to prepare. Plus, we KNEW what she died from, where and why. Unfortunately, for Michael and his family, we don't have that. All we have is the waiting game and a whodunit. Cue Media Circus.
[align=center]Image[/align]