Please, please, PLEASE dont post the viewing pictures on here

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

Saphster

Post by Saphster » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:03 am

[QUOTE=LittleSusie50;211907]Oh sweet Jesus,
I know its not my business, but I pray to God that its CLOSED CASKET.
I have been to at least 7 open casket funerals, and it is completely horrifying to say the least. The last one damn near killed me. The media does not need one last feeding. It was bad enough that some damn fool put the pic of him in the ambulance on tv. I damn near levitated when I saw that. I will have no choice but to look, but I pray that all I see is a casket, which will be bad enough. Did anybody see the James Brown funeral? I had nightmares for a while after that. Please Lord, please close the casket.
Susie::uh_uh:[/QUOTE]

I know. I rather people see me the way they saw me when I was alive and happy....not in a lifeless body. :thumbsdown

\\\"My fans are still there. They still love me. They\\\'re alive.\\\" -Michael Jackson.

DirtyDiana87

Post by DirtyDiana87 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:17 am

I agree with everyone here. I know at some point I'm going to see them on the TV on the news, in magazines etc... but for now I don't think I could handle it. As for the funneral on Tues, I'm hoping and praying that they will not show Michael in his casket. It was bad enough I seen the photo of him being put (or already in) the ambulance. I know this is going to sound crazy but, in my mind I knew it was Michael but in reality it didn't look like him to me. Did anyone else feel like that?

Thank you so much Pam for my beautiful avatar & Blend!! I love them so much!!

Thank you Sarah for the beautiful blend!!! I LOVE it!!!

LittleSusie50

Post by LittleSusie50 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:22 am

It looked like him to me, but he looked sleep. I still think that it was in poor poor taste to show it though. He looked sleep. Hoping with time that image will fade from my memory

When I'm good I'm bad, and when I'm bad, I'm better...

jaajayi

Post by jaajayi » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:18 am

Please don't get mad at me for saying this but I believe the family should have his body there at the viewing. I don't think it's fair that the family can physically say goodbye to him but the fans that have been there for him through thick and thin can't. It would give someone like me some closure. Yes, it will be weird, awkward, and said seeing this once vibrant, electrifying man laying there lifeless. At least I can finally see him resting in peace before his family returns him to the earth. I will be crying my ass off but I know it will give me closure so see him at rest. I appreciated the James Brown funeral and celebration because everyone was able to physically pay their lasts respects and celebrate his life to the fullest.

Sorry if I upset anyone.

yeah chica!!! I wooped yo ass! How you like dem apples!!

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:38 am

^ Joy, is that you? If so, welcome back girlfriend!!

I do tend to agree with your sentiment. I was just thinking to myself how I would handle seeing him at rest and I really do think it would provide closure for me. I'm not one to voice this loudly because I do feel that it's not ultimately my wellbeing I'm worried about. I'm more worried for those who cannot handle memorials well. I do know of relatives who have nightmares before funerals/memorials and seeing the body of a loved one only exacerbates it.
[align=center]Image[/align]

jaajayi

Post by jaajayi » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:15 pm

[QUOTE=HeavenSent;212173]^ Joy, is that you? If so, welcome back girlfriend!!

I do tend to agree with your sentiment. I was just thinking to myself how I would handle seeing him at rest and I really do think it would provide closure for me. I'm not one to voice this loudly because I do feel that it's not ultimately my wellbeing I'm worried about. I'm more worried for those who cannot handle memorials well. I do know of relatives who have nightmares before funerals/memorials and seeing the body of a loved one only exacerbates it.[/QUOTE]

Hey Carla! How's it going? Thanks for welcoming me back unfortunately under these horrible circumstances.

I agree with what you're saying about how others would handle it. Everyone doesn't handle death the same way. I guess the fact that I've never seen him alive but may have that chance to see him resting peacefully will definitely provide closure. I remember when they actually showed live footage of his body being transported, I really didn't want to watch it but I felt that I needed to know it was true. At first I completely regretted watching it but now I'm at ease because it has helped me accept his death.
I definitely don't watch the actually "laying to rest" bit but I do want to see him being honored with his body there just like James Brown. *sighs*Now he's in heaven dancing with James Brown, Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire, Sammy Davis Jr., and Jackie Wilson, wow!

yeah chica!!! I wooped yo ass! How you like dem apples!!

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:35 pm

Speaking of Jackie Wilson....I was listening to Nightshift by The Commodores who sang tribute to him and Marvin Gaye...I was just thinking about how this would make an excellent song for Michael.

Same with Diana Ross' "Missing You". (another tribute to Gaye)

dangerous

Post by dangerous » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:13 am

I think that seeing his body at rest might make me loose my mind initially, but at the end of the day may provide closure. I don't know.. one day I think i'm making progress, and then the next im hysterical all over again.

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:25 am

Ashley, you're here! Girl, long time no see, but I'm glad you're back :)

I'm a bit like you as far as up and down. Though these past few days, I've been more even keeled and able to breathe out and and gain acceptance. Still, there are moments when I get either angry or feel bittersweet, especially over the adulations and memorials going on. Michael was unfairly robbed. That's not even opinion, that is certified fact. He was robbed.

dangerous

Post by dangerous » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:34 am

Thanks Carla, i'm glad you're still here :) It really comforts me.

so true, Mike was robbed. I can't stand these bullshit tributes.

pauline86

Post by pauline86 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:49 am

my brother won tickets to the memorial. I'm mad as hell
Michael Jackson 1958-2009? WRONG. Michael Jackson 1958-Forever? RIGHT!