Michael Jackson Memorial Day

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

Saphster

Post by Saphster » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:47 pm

I haven't seen a thread about the memorial tomorrow...so I decided to make one just to talk about the highlights and the craziness that will inevitably arise tomorrow. I'm not excited about this event.... I'm actually hoping it will be over soon. :1crying

edit: I like to remember him as 'Michael Jackson' not 'King of Pop'. It is a well deserved title but to me he was much more than a simple icon or the King of Pop....he was a great and wonderful and beautiful man that I loved so much.

\\\"My fans are still there. They still love me. They\\\'re alive.\\\" -Michael Jackson.

R e a f u

Post by R e a f u » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:48 pm

I'm like you, I want to see it, but I know tomorrow is going to be a difficult day. Even my mother suggested I try to distract myself with other things during the day...Still can't belive we're talking about him in the past tense.

LittleSusie50

Post by LittleSusie50 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:46 am

I'm guessing they buried him already. I am so thankful that they decided NOT to have him there and keep it private. Not that my opinion matters to them, but now I don't dread this as much. This marks a somewhat end to this whole nightmare. Its only going to be 90 minutes, and this part will be over. Its been so hard.

When I'm good I'm bad, and when I'm bad, I'm better...

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:38 am

Ah, you beat me to it Saph. Thanks for the thread. :)

CNN just had breaking news tonite that some of the Jackson family members were spotted after sundown at the Forest Lawn Cemetary where he'll presumably be laid to rest.

As most of us already know (according to the news) there is to be an 8 am private ceremony, followed by the public memorial at 10. I'm wondering if tonight they just needed to have peace with Michael before the madness.
[align=center]Image[/align]

R e a f u

Post by R e a f u » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:47 am

[QUOTE=HeavenSent;212414]
As most of us already know (according to the news) there is to be an 8 am private ceremony, followed by the public memorial at 10. I'm wondering if tonight they just needed to have peace with Michael before the madness.[/QUOTE]

Peace and to say their goodbyes. I can't belive the police have barricades set up for tomorrow!

Saphster

Post by Saphster » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:48 am

Someone on here said they rather pay their respects in private whenever his burial site is known....I think I will do that too. Pay my respects in private, rather than have a million people around me crying or criticizing.

It's getting so close....I can feel myself getting upset. I just know I will be a walking wreck tomorrow. I don't know if I can take all this anymore. Maybe I shouldn't even watch it.

\\\"My fans are still there. They still love me. They\\\'re alive.\\\" -Michael Jackson.

CJluvsMJ

Post by CJluvsMJ » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:18 am

Man, I feel sick already.
The coverage just made me feel worse, I can't even think.
I see the hearse outside the cemetery...I'm gonna faint.
[align=center]Image

~*Daddy, Grandma, Princess, & Michael are my true guardian angels.*~

~*I'll never let you part, for you're always in my heart.*~
[/align]

Missy

Post by Missy » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:09 am

I'm probably not going to watch it. It's not really something I feel will make me feel any better. But it is on my mind. I hope the rest of the day flies by so we can hopefully feel some sort of closure.

Also, I feel really awful that I couldn't fly out to be in LA... :( I think I'd have liked to be there, surrounded by fans.

Missing you...

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:22 am

None of us should feel obligated to do this. If it's not something you want to do, by all means don't do it. The most important thing here is that Michael is honoured with the upmost respect.
[align=center]Image[/align]

Saphster

Post by Saphster » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:21 am

Ugh....*feels grumpy*...I am not a morning person...:lol

I am afraid to watch the TV, what is going on exactly? :idontknow

Divinity In Motion

Post by Divinity In Motion » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:31 am

I'm not even sure if I can view it here in the UK. No idea what time it's on here (can't figure out the time difference..)
But I don't think I'll be watching it today. My heart can't take it. I watched MJ 30th Anniversary last night and cried for about an hour. Just because I know I will no longer be experiencing that.
Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to watch it, no doubt they'll be video's floating around on YouTube by then

oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:38 am

I am watching it, but I really wish I wasn't alone. I keep thinking I will be fine, but then an ad will come on tv and I start crying like a baby. This sucks to the max...
the member formerly known as MJslave...

Saphster

Post by Saphster » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:39 am

Divinity- You can watch the feed on CNN.

I fee so angry and hurt. Michael Jackson this, Michael Jackson that! Making such a big mockery and spectacle over his death. People just realizing how amazing he was. Terrible awful people! :mad::(:(

I never thought this day would come so soon.....

Saphster

Post by Saphster » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:42 am

[QUOTE=R e a f u;212390]I'm like you, I want to see it, but I know tomorrow is going to be a difficult day. Even my mother suggested I try to distract myself with other things during the day...Still can't belive we're talking about him in the past tense.[/QUOTE]

Yes. I don't like how people say "He was the greatest..."

He still is damnit! :8-26-03ranting:

SpecialJanet25

Post by SpecialJanet25 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:48 am

[QUOTE=Saphster;212444]Divinity- You can watch the feed on CNN.

I fee so angry and hurt. Michael Jackson this, Michael Jackson that! Making such a big mockery and spectacle over his death. People just realizing how amazing he was. Terrible awful people! :mad::(:(

I never thought this day would come so soon.....[/QUOTE]

I just ignore their asses. They did not know him, but still judge him, that's not fair and a shame.

No one can predict if someone we love will be here tomorrow or not, which is why no one should take life or anyone for granted. Sadly because of the media, those did not respect him in life, took that for granted, now that he's gone and the pain of hearing the mockery is even more painful.