Michael Jackson Memorial Day

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:44 am

[QUOTE=oldschoolfan;212494]I should clean my living room up a bit so it's a bit more dignified (plus a good reason to clean up)[/QUOTE]

:lol Girl, you made me laugh! Sorry if no humor was intended, but I got a good chuckle out of that. :)

I got up early even though I have the day off work. Showered, got dressed. My home is clean. I'm prepared for a heavy kinda day.

Don Lemon now showing us the public memorial's beautiful program filled with photos of Michael.
[align=center]Image[/align]

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:45 am

[QUOTE=oldschoolfan;212497]Im not seeing any of this here, so have they had the funeral? And are they seriously trying to film it?[/QUOTE]

No. No footage of the private ceremony. All they showed was the family's procession into Liberty Hall where it is taking place.

mj_fanatic7
Trial Period
Trial Period

Post by mj_fanatic7 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:46 am

I wish I were there. I'm so close, yet so far away. Apparently, his casket is going to be at the memorial.

I don't know how to feel about that. Not the decision so much as just the idea. It tears me apart inside.

Also, anyone wanna talk about how they've basically shut down Los Angeles for this? I can't think of any other person who could shut down one of the biggest cities in the country for a memorial. I feel good about that. He's going to continue to be...well..."the king"...for a long time.

Saphster

Post by Saphster » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:51 am

[QUOTE=R e a f u;212495]Well I just came back from pacing the sidewalk around my house. I really have to wonder how in hell we're all supposed to get "better" from this? And also, how are we supposed to celebrate with all of this? This is the most insanely painful thing I've ever experienced...I don't know how I'd get through this today if I didn't have you guys:(...[/QUOTE]

*HUGS* This made me smile.

There are ALOT of people outside staples. It's pandemonium.

\\\"My fans are still there. They still love me. They\\\'re alive.\\\" -Michael Jackson.

sweetiepie

Post by sweetiepie » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:52 am

I'm so glad for this site, to be able to be 'with' other fans like this as I watch... it makes it a little easier.

R e a f u

Post by R e a f u » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:53 am

[QUOTE=Saphster;212502]*HUGS* This made me smile.

There are ALOT of people outside staples. It's pandemonium.[/QUOTE]

*squeeze* I know eh! You can barely see the street concrete, it's just people!

Saphster

Post by Saphster » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:53 am

[QUOTE=oldschoolfan;212494]I should clean my living room up a bit so it's a bit more dignified (plus a good reason to clean up)[/QUOTE]

Funny thing. I am cleaning as well. Sweeping, mopping, washing.......it's like a distraction. I keep coming back to the room to watch CNN.

I wish I could have kissed Michael before he left! :(

\\\"My fans are still there. They still love me. They\\\'re alive.\\\" -Michael Jackson.

oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:54 am

[QUOTE=HeavenSent;212499]:lol Girl, you made me laugh! Sorry if no humor was intended, but I got a good chuckle out of that. :)

I got up early even though I have the day off work. Showered, got dressed. My home is clean. I'm prepared for a heavy kinda day.

Don Lemon now showing us the public memorial's beautiful program filled with photos of Michael.[/QUOTE]

Na I was trying to be a little funny, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so, or I would look quite a fool... But I was serious as well, it didn't feel right sitting here in the middle of a mess when I'm already in a mess myself. I tidied up a bit and it does feel better.
the member formerly known as MJslave...

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:55 am

[QUOTE=Saphster;212502]

There are ALOT of people outside staples. It's pandemonium.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say pandemonium; it looks pretty controlled me. Looks like people are being on their best behavior so far, thank God.

Saphster

Post by Saphster » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:56 am

I'm kind of tired how they're talking about him like he was this sad tragic case. They're not saying anything insulting.....just stuff like "He was really a good person. Just had too many demons around him."

They're playing man in the mirror....*ccries*

R e a f u

Post by R e a f u » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:56 am

[QUOTE=mj_fanatic7;212501]

I don't know how to feel about that. Not the decision so much as just the idea. It tears me apart inside.

Also, anyone wanna talk about how they've basically shut down Los Angeles for this? I can't think of any other person who could shut down one of the biggest cities in the country for a memorial. I feel good about that. He's going to continue to be...well..."the king"...for a long time.[/QUOTE]

All of this is very difficult to comprehend, that's for damn sure...

I remember in the early days of this all happening, my mother saying "There has been no one in recent history, that the news media has talked about this much when they've died." and I really belive it...I really don't think we'll have someone like Michael for a very long time, if ever.

R e a f u

Post by R e a f u » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:58 am

[QUOTE=Saphster;212508]I'm kind of tired how they're talking about him like he was this sad tragic case. They're not saying anything insulting.....just stuff like "He was really a good person. Just had too many demons around him."

[/QUOTE]

I'm getting a little fed up of hearing that everywhere I turn as well. To me, they could at least wait a little bit before going into a long tirade about how "disturbed" and "troubled" he was.

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:58 am

It seems to me that AEG has provided excellent stagecraft in front of Staples. From what I can see, they did a good job with the layout, the large wall for messages, the continuous scroll of Michael's images. It seems to be quite thoughtfully planned and organized. I hope when the family arrives all hell doesn't break loose. I would imagine the procession will come along the back way.

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:00 pm

Oh God, the casket...

Divinity In Motion

Post by Divinity In Motion » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:01 pm

Oh god, moving of the casket :(