Michael Jackson Memorial Day

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

Jackson829

Post by Jackson829 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:00 pm

To count I cried more than five times during the Memorial, but Paris just broke my heart:icon_bluecry My thoughts and prayers will forever be with Michael's children. I thought the memorial was beautiful. I can say that our support for one another has really helped me. I know we're all coping in different ways and this will take a very long time to heal, but right now I just can't stop crying. I know that whatever I do in life, I will forever dedicate to Michael. He is my strength. He is my mentor. He is the most beautiful person that I have never had the pleasure of meeting, but somehow I know God has introduced Michael to many people on earth, including me and everyone on this board and the world. And I know that he is feeling the love. Michael, I love you with all my heart. I will miss you forever and you are a part of me that I will never let go. I will carry your teachings with me wherever I go. I will do my part in this world, whatever it will turn out to be. You are now the angel you always were. We love you Michael.

Maiky

Post by Maiky » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:02 pm

[QUOTE=CJluvsMJ;212819]Oh, Paris, I totally feel for you!
I lost the best daddy in the world too...:icon_bluecry[/QUOTE]

Poor sweet little Paris...:icon_bluecry
I broke into tears, together with her.:1crying
I know how it feels to lose one's daddy... :1crying

danaluvsmj
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by danaluvsmj » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:03 pm

I watched the whole thing, and God I think I cried through all of it. Michael would have loved such a wonderful tribute.:(

Paris honey, your daddy would be so proud! *hugs for Paris*

1958-2009

Gone Too Soon

Divinity In Motion

Post by Divinity In Motion » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:06 pm

I don't think there was a point of that where I wasn't crying.
I went through about 20 tissues and my sleeve of my t-shirt is soaked.

So many special moments, so many heartwrenching moments - especially Paris. He was the best daddy. He'll always love you.

God, my heart is aching

Arushka

Post by Arushka » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:06 pm

Since I do not know what can I do,
I decided to start quiet war with paparazzi and media-I will never buy a magazine with juicy gossip —garbage, like Michael said
( earlier bought just a few). I will not watch the programs, where journalists will talk sh***t about all the celebrities. They are human beings and they need a life!!! I do not care which of the actresses have cellulite, and who made his nose! It is their personal life!!!
If we won’t buy those tabloids magazines, they disappear by themselves. And maybe that will save someone life.

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:08 pm

So much emotion for me. What a beautiful tribute. Paris did me in, I can barely type. What a fitting ending. God bless her and entire Jackson family. My God, words can't even say.

What a day.
[align=center]Image[/align]

oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:12 pm

YAY video hits is playing Michaels songs, less time to grieve, more time to PARTAY!!!!!
the member formerly known as MJslave...

R e a f u

Post by R e a f u » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:13 pm

A day that none shall soon forget...

Twittegirl

Post by Twittegirl » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:14 pm

[QUOTE=Maiky;212826]Poor sweet little Paris...:icon_bluecry
I broke into tears, together with her.:1crying
I know how it feels to lose one's daddy... :1crying[/QUOTE]

me too :(

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:20 pm

Jackson's daughter: He was 'best father you could imagine'

The celebration of Michael Jackson ended on an emotional note when his rarely-seen daughter Paris, 11, stepped up to the microphone in tears to remember her father.

"Ever since I was born, daddy has been the best father you could ever imagine," she said, surrounded by aunts Janet and La Toya Jackson. "And I just want to say I love him so much."

Throughout the tribute a single spotlight shone on Jackson's gold casket inside the Staples Center where stars and thousands of fans gathered to celebrate the singer.

Jermaine Jackson thanked the crowd for attending the public memorial for his brother.

"As you know, I'm lost for words. I was his voice and his backbone," he said. "We thank you. That's all I can say. We thank you very much."

R&B star Usher broke down in tears at the end of his performance of Jackson's 1991 song Gone Too Soon, and hung his head as he looked over at his idol's casket. Jackson's siblings stood up to embrace the singer.

Brooke Shields also struggled to keep her composure as she recalled her bond with the singer. She said that his favorite song, Smile, was appropriate for the occasion.

"There is a line that says, 'Smile when your heart is aching.' And though our hearts are aching, we need to look up, where (Michael) is undoubtedly perched in a crescent moon, and we need to smile," Shields said.

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) called Jackson a "good Samaritan" and revealed a resolution she introduced in the House of Representatives that would recognize the singer as "an American legend and musical icon."

Rev. Al Sharpton addressed Jackson's children in the front row – Paris, Michael Jr., 12, and Prince Michael, 7 – directly, telling them that their father was an inspiration to the African American community.

"There wasn't nothing strange about your daddy. But it was strange what he had to deal with. But he dealt with it any way. He dealt with it for us. Some came here today to say goodbye. I came here to say thank you," Sharpton said.

Sharpton joined John Mayer, Jennifer Hudson, Lionel Richie, Queen Latifah, Mariah Carey in celebrating the singer. Mayer, Hudson, Richie and Carey performed, while Latifah read a poem by Maya Angelou.

Motown legend Smokey Robinson opened the tribute by reading statements from Diana Ross and Nelson Mandela, who were not present for the service. After a brief pause, Jackson's brothers – Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, Marlon and Randy – carried the singer's casket, adorned with a spray of red flowers, onstage while a gospel choir sang.

Inside the official program for the service, Jackson's family and friends offered their parting words to the singer.

"I watched the light in Michael's eyes fade as he faced trials and tribulations for being misunderstood," brother Tito Jackson wrote. "Michael kept going with a smile and a grace of simply keeping what he stands for and believes in. Michael has left me and my brothers a legacy, a part of us being a part of history. I am proud to be his brother."

Sister La Toya recalled her brother's early frustrations in the music business.

"Michael, I recall you sitting on a chair in your bedroom staring at the television watching the 1980 Grammy awards show, crying to me because you had won only one Grammy award, and you said, 'Watch, La Toya. My next record I'm going to sell more records and win more Grammys than anyone in the history of music. I will be the biggest and greatest entertainer of all time,'" she wrote. "Mike, I love you deeply, and I can't wait to see you perform again. Keep the magic going!!!"

The Jackson family's motorcade arrived at the Staples Center just before 1 p.m. ET/PT. A short, private memorial service for Jackson was held Tuesday morning at Forest Lawn Cemetery Memorial Park in Hollywood Hills.

Fans inside and outside of the Staples Center shared their memories of the star as well as tales of securing memorial tickets.

Actor Mickey Rooney, 88, and his wife Jan attended the ceremony.

"He was wonderful and a great entertainer. We liked everything about him," said Mickey, "He used to call my wife and sing Smile."

Jan added, "I do Smile in our show, in our two person musical. So we have a little in common there."

Joseph Lemire of Detroit was one of the lucky few to score a ticket, but a 30-hour trip from China put a wrench in his plans to pick up his tickets by the 6 p.m. deadline Monday. His flight didn't arrive in L.A. until 10 p.m., but he arranged for a colleague to get his tickets, which he shared with her.

Despite being halfway around the world, Lemire said there was no way he was going to miss the Jackson celebration.

"They are talking about a billion people watching. It's really being a part of this makes you a bigger and better person," he said. "I remember I was driving when I heard about Elvis. You don't remember how he died, you remember his music. It is going to be the same thing for Michael."

Akiko Seno, 25, from Kanagawa, Japan, came to L.A. four days ago without a ticket. She was standing on a street corner outside the perimeter with a sign that said "Spare ticket, any spare A woman walking down the street gave her a ticket anda hug. When asked why she came, she responded in broken English, "It is because I am a Michael Jackson fan, a big fan." She was crying on and off and mascara was running down both cheeks. "Happy cry," she said.

Source: http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/200 ... news_N.htm

marialovesmjj

Post by marialovesmjj » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:23 pm

I thought it had hit me... I was wrong. When Marlon mentioned Brandon and then Paris spoke and then they left... and it showed Michael's picture...

It's finally hit me.
Keeper Of MJ's eyes hands and fingers that r on them!

Myspace.Twitter.

Sometimes it's not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning.

Yea and...Yea!

Divinity In Motion

Post by Divinity In Motion » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:24 pm

And, can I just say.. as a British fan.. how proud I was of Shaheen ♥
He was a semi-finalist on Britains Got Talent and was just exceptional. To think he was going to be doing some of the London concerts with Mike too.. gah. And to stand up to a mourning crowd and sing that song.. He did us proud. He's gonna be big one day

LittleSusie50

Post by LittleSusie50 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:26 pm

I'm back...I needed some time...sorry
All I can say is well done, well done by all involved
Michael is so proud
But Paris, Usher, and Mom Katharine did me in
I need some time again
I hope you guys are all okay, we made it...I knew we could

Peace,
See u guys later
Susie

When I'm good I'm bad, and when I'm bad, I'm better...

oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:29 pm

[QUOTE=Twittegirl;212834]me too :([/QUOTE]
me three soon
the member formerly known as MJslave...

Juniorlady

Post by Juniorlady » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:47 pm

Jermaine's performance bought tears to my eyes, but I really let it out when Paris and Marlon spoke.:(