You Can\'t Stop Listening to....

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:03 pm

Is there that one song you can't stop listening to since Michael's passing? (Can you even listen to him yet, that should be the question, actually.)

I've heard many people in my comings and goings say there's one song that somehow provides that solace or that comfort that things are gonna be alright. Listening to the rush hour DJ's this morning, I thought I'd heard the background music to One More Chance and my heart fluttered, thinking Oh my damn, they're actually gonna step it up and play this song. They didn't. But it sure struck a desire in me to revisit it. I hadn't heard it in quite some time and knew it was time to give it its just due. Even as I listen to other music, OMC has been somehow been seeping back in my conscience all day. It's THE song for me right now and it won't let go.

Now that I'm back
[align=center]Image[/align]

Cristine87

Post by Cristine87 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:08 pm

"unbreakable" for some reason.

SpecialJanet25

Post by SpecialJanet25 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:10 pm

Someone put your hand out (on the ultimate collection disc #3)

MJsSexyR&BJunkie07

Post by MJsSexyR&BJunkie07 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:19 pm

[QUOTE=HeavenSent;213093]Is there that one song you can't stop listening to since Michael's passing? (Can you even listen to him yet, that should be the question, actually.)

I've heard many people in my comings and goings say there's one song that somehow provides that solace or that comfort that things are gonna be alright. Listening to the rush hour DJ's this morning, I thought I'd heard the background music to One More Chance and my heart fluttered, thinking Oh my damn, they're actually gonna step it up and play this song. They didn't. But it sure struck a desire in me to revisit it. I hadn't heard it in quite some time and knew it was time to give it its just due. Even as I listen to other music, OMC has been somehow been seeping back in my conscience all day. It's THE song for me right now and it won't let go.

Now that I'm back[/QUOTE]

I have to say I agree with you on One More Chance. The day after they announced Michael decease, I was driving in the car and was listening to the Number Ones Cd. I turned to that song and when I started listening tears filled my eyes and I began to cry. I had to turn onto to a street and stop the car and have an uncontrolable cry because that song just touched me so deeply and the way his falsetto sounds in the song its so strong and so beautiful and think that this talented skillful genious wont be singing like this anymore just broke my heart.
Even though now I've said I'm done crying my tears for my "husband" lol It still moves me in so many ways I still get a lump from time to time.

The other song I found myself listening to often would be "You Rock My World" Its something about the beat to the song that sounds great coming through my speakers and my amp in the trunk. I feel crunk and hyped up. Like I can do anything:michaeljacksonicon:
[align=center]He Only Takes The Best

A golden heart stopped beating,

Hard-working hands put to rest.

God broke our hearts to prove to us

He only takes the best
[/align]

[align=center]May You Forever Rest In Peace Michael I Love You![/align]

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:29 pm

[QUOTE=MJsSexyR&BJunkie07;213096] I had to turn onto to a street and stop the car and have an uncontrolable cry because that song just touched me so deeply and the way his falsetto sounds in the song its so strong and so beautiful and think that this talented skillful genious wont be singing like this anymore just broke my heart. [/quote]
Yeah, the song gets to me in a way I wasn't expecting. Without a doubt it surpasses everything being played on the radio; It'd go straight to #1, on Michael's name alone, I guarantee it. You have the mutherf*ckers in SB county to thank for it not being released, but I really hope it gets more attention now. ANother thing I'm holding on to is the fact he's got tons of unreleased music that span the years. I'm looking forward to hearing a lot more genius out of him. I hope it's coming soon.

Missy

Post by Missy » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:29 pm

I still can't listen to any 'sad' songs. I just can't... :( But lately I find myself addicted to Who Is It. His voice is just amazing in it.

Oh, on second thoughts, a song that is helping me heal right now is Keep The Faith. It's just so uplifting and positive!

Missing you...

oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:34 pm

I can finally listen to his songs again, if I get to into Heal the World I'll cry. His songs seem to have more power now that he's gone, Michael once said his wants his soul to live through his music, and I really think it does, his music has such soul that it didn't have before. I have been listening to WYBT a lot, it's like a prayer to me.
the member formerly known as MJslave...

Saphster

Post by Saphster » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:41 pm

Baby be mine
Stranger in Moscow- makes me think a lot.

I don't recommend listening to "Speechless" right now.

\\\"My fans are still there. They still love me. They\\\'re alive.\\\" -Michael Jackson.

oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:46 pm

[QUOTE=Saphster;213151]Baby be mine
Stranger in Moscow- makes me think a lot.

I don't recommend listening to "Speechless" right now.[/QUOTE]

I don't reccomend listening to YANA!:uh_uh: noooo waaaaay...
the member formerly known as MJslave...

2bad4ever2009

Post by 2bad4ever2009 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:52 pm

The two songs I can't stop listening to are Who is it, and Heaven Can wait...

I would also recommend Hold my hand with Michael and Akon. If you can find it. I heard it on youtube and I was immediately had to have it.
[align=center][img width=499 height=299]http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz33 ... thMJ-2.jpg[/img][/align]

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:00 am

I'm actually okay with listening to any of Michael's music, low tempo, reflective, upper tempo, all of it. That is not to say that I don't feel that hollow feeling because it certainly does happen.

All I know is today I heard ringtones, music blasting out of passing cars, CVS playing "Rock With You"--a constant tribute to Michael's music. And it gave me the satisfaction of knowing that even after the memorial, he is still very much in the forefront.

Next stop, vaulted music! I really hope Sony releases it. Now is not the time to be stingy!

Saphster

Post by Saphster » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:34 am

[QUOTE=HeavenSent;213157]Next stop, vaulted music! I really hope Sony releases it. Now is not the time to be stingy![/QUOTE]

I seriously hope so. There is so much we have never heard from Michael yet....it would be amazing if more music would be released....but it would make me sad at the same time knowing he wouldn't be here to enjoy its success.

\\\"My fans are still there. They still love me. They\\\'re alive.\\\" -Michael Jackson.

Divinity In Motion

Post by Divinity In Motion » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:30 am

Keep the Faith
But then again, that's always been one of my favourites.. It's been my 'motto' since last Friday. :)

miss

Post by miss » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:24 am

I can't bear to listen to his music, see his videos I just can't take it..
one day I'll fly away, leave all this to yesterday...

MJsSexyR&BJunkie07

Post by MJsSexyR&BJunkie07 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:10 pm

[QUOTE=HeavenSent;213157]I'm actually okay with listening to any of Michael's music, low tempo, reflective, upper tempo, all of it. That is not to say that I don't feel that hollow feeling because it certainly does happen.

All I know is today I heard ringtones, music blasting out of passing cars, CVS playing "Rock With You"--a constant tribute to Michael's music. And it gave me the satisfaction of knowing that even after the memorial, he is still very much in the forefront.

Next stop, vaulted music! I really hope Sony releases it. Now is not the time to be stingy![/QUOTE]

I feel that too. After his decease and after the Memorial people are now showing true honest respect for Michael. They play his music, wear his shirts and it just shows no matter what the dirty papparazzi or media has to say the people still respect him and what he's done for the world. Everytime I walk in a place and they have the tv on CNN on some more crazy coverage of Mike alot of people get upset and are like why can't they just leave him alone and let him be in peace. It makes me feel good to know they are starting to see the true Michael and not just what they hear or read from tabloids.

I then wanted to add that now even though Michael's not with us we are still appreciating and really listening to HIS voice in his music even more because we as fans are valuing his work even more now in his death than when he was alive because we respect the true talent and genius that he had. Not saying we didnt feel this way before but its even stronger now. Atleast I know I do. I dont know if anyone else does? :idontknow

Do you guys get what I'm saying :confused:
[align=center]He Only Takes The Best

A golden heart stopped beating,

Hard-working hands put to rest.

God broke our hearts to prove to us

He only takes the best
[/align]

[align=center]May You Forever Rest In Peace Michael I Love You![/align]