Taj Threatens to Sue UK Television Station

Found any positive articles or new about him? You can read and reply to the latest MJ news items. This forum is for actual news articles about MJ with source information.

Moderator: Global Moderator

MJfan01'

Post by MJfan01' » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:39 pm

November 13, 2010, (Sawf News) - Michael Jackson's nephew has threatened UK television company ITV with legal action.
Taj Jackson, son of the Thriller singer's older brother Tito, made the threat on his Twitter page after former Sun newspaper editor Kelvin MacKenzie made disparaging comments about Michael Jackson and his children.
Appearing on Tuesday's episode of UK breakfast show 'This Morning', MacKenzie said that he had a "substantial question as to how and why some of [Jackson's] children were born" and added, "the death of Michael Jackson may well have saved some children… from a lifetime of being mentally corrupted."
He further commented, "He's faced a number of charges, a number of allegations, and I in some ways feel that the children will have a better life for their father not being around."
The comments sparked anger amongst Jackson's fans and prompted many to send complaints to ITV and British television regulator OFCOM.
ITV removed the clip from its website on Thursday but has thus far refused to give fans the on-air apology they are demanding. Fans were dealt a further blow on the same day when OFCOM announced that it would not take action over complaints made about MacKenzie's comments.
Taking to his twitter page after OFCOM's announcement, Taj Jackson joined fans in demanding an on-air apology.
After urging his 20,000 followers to complain to ITV he issued the television station with an ultimatum.
He wrote, "If we don't get an on air apology from ITV soon, my next step is legal. The time for bad mouthing & spreading lies about my uncle are OVER." Jackson's comments prompted fans to bombard the TV station with angry telephone calls and emails the following day. ITV staff told one caller that bosses were 'looking into' the complaints.

news

MJsOnlyGirl
Trial Period
Trial Period

Post by MJsOnlyGirl » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:53 pm

Gosh how could they say that about Michael regarding his children? He pleading not guilty to those allegations! I'm glad Taj is gonna take legal action if they don't get an on air apology Its a abomination

My Lips would like to be that straw :D ;)

Juniorlady

Post by Juniorlady » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:41 pm

I had no idea this happened. But if those commentators were smart, they better cough up an apology.

SexyChica

Post by SexyChica » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:30 pm

They need to do an on air apology. If they don't I hope Taj follows through and sues. I'm not even family and I'm disgusted by those comments. How can someone disrespect a man that gave his life to loving children, to loving all people from all walks of life? I just don't understand sometimes.
[align=center]R.I.P

Uncle Johnny

August 12, 1955-September 7, 1999

Uncle Pat

July 5, 1955-May 2, 2007

Uncle Darrel

August 18, 1957-December 17, 2008

I MISS YOU. GONE, BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN.
[/align]