Producer Says Michael Jackson Vocals Are Tweaked

Found any positive articles or new about him? You can read and reply to the latest MJ news items. This forum is for actual news articles about MJ with source information.

Moderator: Global Moderator

MJfan01'

Post by MJfan01' » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:12 pm

There has been a lot of controversy and differing opinions about the new Michael Jackson album, Michael, that comes out on Tuesday. And producer Teddy Riley admits that Jackson's vocals had to be "processed" in order for the album to be completed after his death. Members of Jackson's family have publicly questioned the authenticity of the voice on some tracks, and his father's lawyer said the King Of Pop would never have wanted the music to be released without his final stamp of approval.

"I had to do more processing to the voice, which is why people were asking about the authenticity of his voice," Riley explained in an interview with Reuters. "We had to do what we had to do to make... his voice work with the actual music." Riley admitted that Jackson "would never consider it being a final vocal. But because he's not with us he cannot give us new vocals. What we did was utilize the Melodyne (technology) to get him in key. With the Melodyne we actually move the stuff up which is the reason why some of the vibrato sounds a little off or processed, over-processed. We truly apologize for that happening, but you are still hearing the true Michael Jackson."

Riley worked on three of the 10 tracks on the new album -- "Hollywood Tonight," "Monster" and "Breaking News" -- and he said it's a shame that the Jackson family had to cast a negative light on the project.

"Some family members... didn't totally get the last say so they kind of hate the project," Riley said. "So there you have it, a chain reaction, a domino effect that makes the credibility of Michael go down. I am here to protect that, because I know it's him, I know it's great material, I know that it needs to be out, I know that the legacy needs to continue because he's such a great person, and there's more to come."

Michael is the first album of new Jackson material since 2001's Invincible, and it is the first in a reported $250 million deal between Sony and the executors of Jackson's estate to release 10 albums through 2017.

producer

armcjackson

Post by armcjackson » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:53 pm

Mhm. I personally can't wait to get the album <3 (I was gonna get it today, but it never came to our Walmart Image).

like sweet morning dew, i took one look at you, and it was plain to see you were my destiny. <3

updated march 28 2011.

DirtyDiana87

Post by DirtyDiana87 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:29 pm

I am listening to "Michael" right now and I love it!!!! :headphones

Thank you so much Pam for my beautiful avatar & Blend!! I love them so much!!

Thank you Sarah for the beautiful blend!!! I LOVE it!!!