New MJ Trading Card Set by Panini America to Debut

Found any positive articles or new about him? You can read and reply to the latest MJ news items. This forum is for actual news articles about MJ with source information.

Moderator: Global Moderator

sushigirl28

Post by sushigirl28 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:42 pm

Panini launches Michael Jackson-Worn Memorabilia Trading Cards

June 13, 2011

Leading trading card manufacturer Panini America purchased history-soaked pieces of Michael’s clothing at auction two years ago and cut them up! The clothes, they were worn by Michael Jackson himself from 1971 through 1974 during many memorable performances, including The Flip Wilson Show, American Bandstand, Soul Train, and televised specials anchored by such luminaries as Bob Hope and Diana Ross.

As a result, fans and collectors everywhere will have the opportunity to own pieces of Michael’s clothing when the company’s Official Michael Jackson Trading Card Set hits stores next week.

“We’re thrilled to be able to partner with the Jackson estate in an official capacity to honor Michael’s memory and his legendary career with this truly unique trading card set,” said Panini America CEO Mark Warsop. “We’ve been working diligently for more than two years to bring this set to market, and we’re confident that the inclusion of Jackson-worn memorabilia will make this a product unlike any other we’ve ever produced.”

The Official Michael Jackson Trading Card Set will be available starting next week at Target stores in America and at the Panini America Online Store.

Panini America Blog Here

Some more pics:

OMG!!!! How could they chop up that baby's beautiful clothes?!! Oh, I wouldn't have the heart!! *faint* But OMG, what an inventive idea! *See Autumn, this is why I told you Target was so cool!* :rollin Here I come Target, Battle-axe Sush! :giddy :giddy :greenlaugh

xo
♥ Justice For Michael ♥

Please help the devastating Japan quake victims who are in desperate need. My family members and the people thank you!

Global Giving*

American Red Cross*

Save the Children*

AHA Red Star Emergency Animal Relief*

You can also text REDCROSS to 9099 to donate $10 through your phone. The donation will show up on your bill.

You can also text PROTECT to 85944 to donate $10 to support our efforts to provide aid to animal victims of disaster. They need help desperately as well.

“God and the truth are on our side. We will be victorious.â€

armcjackson

Post by armcjackson » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:28 pm

This. Is. The. Coolest. Thing. I've. Heard. In. Like. Ever!!!! <3

Must find Target!!!!

like sweet morning dew, i took one look at you, and it was plain to see you were my destiny. <3

updated march 28 2011.

armcjackson

Post by armcjackson » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:39 pm

Target has been found!! There is one three hours away from here in Maine! :)

like sweet morning dew, i took one look at you, and it was plain to see you were my destiny. <3

updated march 28 2011.

Juniorlady

Post by Juniorlady » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:11 pm

There's a target 20 minutes away from me!! Woo Hoo!!

armcjackson

Post by armcjackson » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:21 am

[quote="Juniorlady"]
There's a target 20 minutes away from me!! Woo Hoo!!
[/quote]
You lucky duck!! lol

updated march 28 2011.

Dialdancer

Post by Dialdancer » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:38 pm

This seems to be some of his costumes during the J5 era, but I still don't like it.

sushigirl28

Post by sushigirl28 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:49 pm

@ Autumn and Juniorlady: YAAAY!!!!! :woot2 Victory shall be yours!! :giddy

[quote="Dialdancer"]
This seems to be some of his costumes during the J5 era, but I still don't like it.
[/quote]

How come? B/c it's sad that they didn't preserve them?

xo
♥ Justice For Michael ♥

Please help the devastating Japan quake victims who are in desperate need. My family members and the people thank you!

Global Giving*

American Red Cross*

Save the Children*

AHA Red Star Emergency Animal Relief*

You can also text REDCROSS to 9099 to donate $10 through your phone. The donation will show up on your bill.

You can also text PROTECT to 85944 to donate $10 to support our efforts to provide aid to animal victims of disaster. They need help desperately as well.

“God and the truth are on our side. We will be victorious.â€