Michael Jackson Files Petition in Custody Battle (April 7 2006)

Found any positive articles or new about him? You can read and reply to the latest MJ news items. This forum is for actual news articles about MJ with source information.

Moderator: Global Moderator

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:31 am

Michael Jackson Files Petition in Custody Battle

April 7, 2006

In his continuing battle with ex-wife DEBBIE ROWE over the custody of their children, pop singer MICHAEL JACKSON has filed a Petition for Review with the California State Supreme Court. Jackson is asking that the State Court review an earlier decision that helps clear the way for Rowe to argue for custody rights to PRINCE MICHAEL and PARIS.

In February, Rowe became one step closer to seeing the children she conceived with Jackson, after a California appellate court ruled in her favor. "Debbie is very gratified by [the] ruling," her lawyer ERIC GEORGE told ET at the time. "Like any parent, she seeks what's in the best interest of her children and today's ruling will further those interests." Debbie gave up parental rights to her children in 2001, but recently began trying to have those rights returned to her.

According to court papers, she began seeking temporary exclusive custody of the children, "because of concerns arising from Michael's criminal prosecution and press reports Michael had associated with the Nation of Islam, whose members, Deborah believed, do 'not like Jews.'" Jackson, Rowe's husband from 1996-2000, has been seen traveling with the children overseas in countries such as Bahrain.

A California Family Law Court will determine what Rowe's rights are now. "Debbie now has the right like any other parent to have a judicial process to determine what her rights are in regard to custody and visitation," her lawyer said.

Source: http://et.tv.yahoo.com/newslink/14406/

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:34 am

Hum...I guess nobody leaked these papers to TMZ.com so they can get a story out of it. :rolleyes:

Cristine87

Post by Cristine87 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:54 am

Um, if she really gave a shit about these kids then she wouldn't have given up parental rights! This is all crap!

Maiky

Post by Maiky » Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:44 am

[QUOTE=Cristine87]Um, if she really gave a shit about these kids then she wouldn't have given up parental rights! This is all crap![/QUOTE]

that is what I think about.
You can't be determined to give up your parental rights, and then, just when you don't get paid anymore, suddenly you care about your children.
Absolutely no. There is totally something strange in Debbie's behaviour that doesn't fit, and I hope other people can see it.

danaluvsmj
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by danaluvsmj » Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:44 pm

I had a feeling this was coming sooner or later.

It just doesn't make sense that all of a sudden Debbie would want visitation rights after she gave it up. What makes her give a damn after all these years?

It's a good thing that Michael is taking action.

1958-2009

Gone Too Soon

Blame It On The Boogie

Post by Blame It On The Boogie » Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:28 pm

wow.... yeah she needs a reality check....BADLY.....
[align=center]:scream: Image:scream:[/align]

[align=center]I'm Jeff :biggrin: Feel free to talk to me ANYTIME through:

AIM: BlackParade919

MSN: BlackParade919@hotmail.com

MySpace

:cool:

Mark the date of my return to MJEOL.

3.4.07[/align]

minnie yu

Post by minnie yu » Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:07 am

Debbie knows nobody can take Mike's babes away from him..include herself..she suddenly change her mind and wanna get in touch with babes just because right now she is totally out of Mike's life..no calls no messages from MIke anymore..she wanna be in the team again..poor debbie..
\\\" There have been times in my life when i , like everyone has had to wonder about GOD\\\'s existence.when Prince smiles, when Paris giggles, i have no doubts. Children are GOD\\\'s gift to us, no, they are more than that, they are the very form of GOD\\\'s energy and creativity and love. He is to be found in their innocence, experienced in their playfulness.\\\":8-26-03respect: :)

EuphoricNostalgia

Post by EuphoricNostalgia » Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:57 pm

I will pray for Michael and his kids. I wish them nothing but the best.
[align=center]Image[/align]

[align=center]Image[/align]

Cover-It
Trial Period
Trial Period

Post by Cover-It » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:09 pm

Geeze------I am wondering what the outcome will be. It's so much with everyone dissn' Michae:mad: l. what has Michael ever done to deserve this? I'm wondering when it will all just end!!!http://community.mjeol.com/images/smilies/mad.gif
:mad:

Pirate.

Post by Pirate. » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:28 pm

THAT F&#$ING BITCH! I HOPE SHE F#%*ING FALLS OFF A %#&^$ CLIFF AND #$&^( DIES @$#^*&^#%*&#^%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHE WANTS WHATS BEST FOR HER KIDS?! THEN MAYBE SHE SHOULDN'T HAVE SAID SHE DIDN'T WANT THEM AND DIDN'T WANT TO SEE THEM AND HAD NO INTEREST IN EVEN SPEAKING TO THEM!! These kids probably have NO IDEA who she IS! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! F@$&ING GRUBBY WHORE!

EDITORS NOTE: Pirate sincerely apologizes for the above drivel. She is incredibly pissed at people's stupidity.

DAMN.

sundayroberts1
Trial Period
Trial Period

Post by sundayroberts1 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:12 am

Those children need to know both parents .Its their right to know their mother and her family. What matters here is the best interest of the kids. Ilove Michael Jackson with all my heart but i believe this judge will allow visits with their mother . No judge will remove those children from Michael care because he has to know Michael has been a very good father to them. We all know Debbie Had those kids for Michael but for some reason she wants to have part in the raising of the children , i only hope that she is doing this for the right reasons and not to get to michael and not because of money. I will be praying for Michael and his children and hope something is worked out for the sake of the kids and peace of mind for Michael ,this really must be so much stress on Michael like he needs more of that. But at the end of the day all that matters is the best interest of the children.Michael and Debbie will have to except what ever that judge decides. If i was a betting women my money would be on fair visits with Debbie.:mellow: :wub:

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:22 am

You don't "need" to know both parents. There are kids who grow up well adjusted everyday in single family homes.

No right thinking judge will force Michael's children to visit someone who has said the things she's said and had the attitude she's had about Michael's children.

This isn't an 'oopsie' moment. She can't come back now and say 'woops I made a mistake now that I'm not getting my check from Michael Jackson'. We don't know what Mike knows about Debbie Rowe's state of mind right now.

You are right about one thing: this is about the best interest of the children. And forcing them to fly back and forth from Bahrain to the US to see their sometime-mama would be ridiculous, especially given the fact that she didn't seem to want to be around them when she had ample opportunities to do so.

sundayroberts1
Trial Period
Trial Period

Post by sundayroberts1 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:55 pm

Well i dont agree with you for a min. That judge will give visits with the mother, can you say children shouldn,t know both parents. Ive seen the out come of that lots of times, and its not good. Anyway i guess we will see what happens down the road. Family courts will work out whats best for the kids. You may get a big surprise. :)