Jackson\'s ex-wife seeks more time with children

Found any positive articles or new about him? You can read and reply to the latest MJ news items. This forum is for actual news articles about MJ with source information.

Moderator: Global Moderator

~Vicky~

Post by ~Vicky~ » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:21 pm

Jackson's ex-wife seeks more time with children
Wednesday, September 15, 2004 Posted: 5:02 PM EDT (2102 GMT)

Michael Jackson

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- Pop star Michael Jackson's ex-wife wants more involvement in the lives of her children, CNN has learned.

Debbie Rowe, who divorced Jackson in 1999, has been working on a custody arrangement that would greatly increase her presence in the lives of the children she had with the entertainer, a source close to Rowe told CNN.

A "new legal arrangement" could be finalized by the end of this year, the source said.

Rowe is the mother of Jackson's two eldest children, Prince Michael, 7, and Paris, believed to be 5 or 6 years old. The children have lived with their father since the divorce and Jackson has had custody of them.

The source also told CNN that Rowe's decision to pursue the broader role is based "in part" on the current criminal accusations pending against her former husband in Santa Barbara County for child molestation.

"She recognizes the importance of having two parents the children can confide in, and that her children need her more than Michael right now," the source said.

Jackson fired his previous family law attorney, Lance Speigel, of the Los Angeles law firm Kaufman and Young, this past July, CNN has learned. Jackson is now represented by the law offices of Michael Abrams in the Rowe custody matter.

"There has been a changing of the guard," the source said.

Last February, Jackson and Rowe hired a retired judge to help them resolve what was then described as an undisclosed "family law" matter, according to papers that had been filed in a Los Angeles court. The documents, at that time, did not indicate why Jackson and Rowe were back in court.

Former Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Stephen M. Lachs is currently hearing the family law matter between Jackson and Rowe. He works with Alternate Dispute Resolution Services, a private company that offers mediation or arbitration services to people involved in civil disputes. His decisions in the case will be binding.

"If you had a high-profile case and you didn't want it to be public, you would come here," ADR Services President Lucie Barron told CNN last February. "If you have a situation where you don't want a lot of adverse publicity or scandal, you come to us because it is totally private. It is completely confidential."

Barron said the hourly amount for an adjudication judge ranges from $350 to $450, or more, per hour.

Jackson, 45, has pleaded not guilty to a grand jury indictment charging him with child molestation for alleged incidents with a boy that prosecutors say took place last year in February and March.

The singer is charged with seven counts of performing lewd or lascivious acts on a child under 14 and two counts of administering an intoxicating agent, reportedly wine.

Jackson is expected in court this coming Friday when the mother of his current accuser is scheduled to take the stand in an evidentiary hearing.

In 1993, the Los Angeles Police Department and the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department, investigated allegations made by a 13-year-old boy against the entertainer.

Another boy has also alleged the singer touched him inappropriately over a period of time in 1990 when he was 12 years old, sources familiar with the original investigation told CNN. (Full story)

That boy was the son of a maid working at Jackson's Neverland Ranch. When the mother found out what had occurred, she quit working for Jackson, the sources said

Authorities had hoped to use the boy's testimony to bolster that of the 13 year old who was at the center of the 1993 case.

But the case derailed when that boy decided not to testify and took a multimillion dollar settlement offered by the entertainer instead. No charges were ever filed.

After the case fell apart, the other boy did not want to go it alone, the sources told CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/09/15/jacks ... index.html
Do they know her well? I doubt it, because if she has to go to court to get partial custody of them....they aren't going to just be like 'MOMMY!!!'. They need her more than Michael? I don't think so.

But I agree that it would be nice for her to be in thier lives, I always thought it odd that Michael and Debbie were on such good terms, but yet she wasn't a prominent figure in their lives.

floacist

Post by floacist » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:29 pm

Maybe she means that during his time in Michael's life they need another parental figure to help them out not take his place or anything,well its her kids too.

MJforever

Post by MJforever » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:29 pm

i thought she said.. in the take two thing.. that Michael needed to be a daddy more than she needed to be a mommy. or something like that.
[align=center]Image[/align]

[align=center]if you should ever find someone new[/align]

[align=center]i know she better be good to you[/align]

[align=center]cuz if she doesnt ...i\\\\'ll be there[/align]

livejournal

floacist

Post by floacist » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:32 pm

Originally posted by MJforever
i thought she said.. in the take two thing.. that Michael needed to be a daddy more than she needed to be a mommy. or something like that.

Yeah but lets not forget Debbie hates the media yet wants the attention from them at the same time, She wants her privacy but does interviews with ET, so lets not get too confused :careless

minnie michael

Post by minnie michael » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:35 pm

is it ture?? i canot say Prince and Paris dont need a mather , but i think its safe to say they are very very happy with their daddy.. i donot think they wanna choose Debbie to live with, they dnot know her at all..how can you do that Debbie?? i still has my respect to you as long as this is not your idea..remember: Prince and Paris are Michael's babes..xiixxi :praying:

TO Michael,

i believe in you , i support you, i love you, please forever believe in me, Michael, i am your super-duper fan in a place far away from you, but distance canot stop me from supporting you, Michael..remember, when you look up the blue sky, you can see countless of your loyal fans\\\' smile faces, i am one of them..

forever..loyal to you..

yours fan..forever.. :thumbsu

floacist

Post by floacist » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:41 pm

We dont the half of what Michael and Debbie's relationship is or their arangement with THEIR children. I think Debbie is just contradicting herself lately not knowing what she really wants to say or do but that is still their mother.

~Vicky~

Post by ~Vicky~ » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:48 pm

I think she's now realizing what she's missing. She's 44..and she has 2 perfectly healthy children that she doesn't see. By now her fertility level is going down...

dangerous

Post by dangerous » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:31 pm

I dont beleive any of this CNN crap. I dont even beleive there is a custody issue.

SmpsnsFan3

Post by SmpsnsFan3 » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:41 pm

She wants attention... Tomarrow they are going to show her on ET getting a bunch of plastic surgery to "get ready to fight for her children"

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"A Stubborn daughter of a stubborn sire, this ill-starred maiden kicks against the pricks\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"<span style=\\\\\\\'font-size:12pt;line-height:10

~Vicky~

Post by ~Vicky~ » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:43 pm

Originally posted by dangerous
I dont beleive any of this CNN crap. I dont even beleive there is a custody issue.
I think there is, what else could it be? There are official court papers and stuff. I don't think it's a 'fight'. But I think she probably now wants to see them.

~Vicky~

Post by ~Vicky~ » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:45 pm

Originally posted by SmpsnsFan3
She wants attention... Tomarrow they are going to show her on ET getting a bunch of plastic surgery to "get ready to fight for her children"
Why the hell is she documenting her plastic surgery and crap..and then turn around and be all 'boo hoo they stalk me'. Surley she didn't HAVE to let them in on that. Yea Yea...Debbie. Dagoniit.

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:50 pm

...this from someone who says "her children" don't call her mother because she doesn't want them to... That's all I gotta say about that right now.

dangerous

Post by dangerous » Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:09 pm

Originally posted by NevaehDreamz
I think there is, what else could it be? There are official court papers and stuff. I don't think it's a 'fight'. But I think she probably now wants to see them.
Whatever the problem is, she wont get far after calling her kids "gifts" on televison. Regardless though, i think this entire situation is being heavily exagerated upon by CNN, they'll do anything to make it seem like MJ is loosing his kids, anything quoted by a "source" is seen as crap by me.

~Vicky~

Post by ~Vicky~ » Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:12 pm

Originally posted by dangerous
Whatever the problem is, she wont get far after calling her kids "gifts" on televison. Regardless though, i think this entire situation is being heavily exagerated upon by CNN, they'll do anything to make it seem like MJ is loosing his kids, anything quoted by a "source" is seen as crap by me.
Yea. Debbie isn't stupid enough to seek sole custody of them. So I doubt it's a 'fight'. That's BS.

Cristine87

Post by Cristine87 » Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:45 pm

Originally posted by whisper
...this from someone who says "her children" don't call her mother because she doesn't want them to... That's all I gotta say about that right now.
Why you gotta read my mind, Whisper? I remember some time back when she said that. This lady keeps contradicting herself, first she says "My children don't call me mommy because I don't want them to. They were for Michael as a gift" & now she wants to be all in there lives all of a sudden? Then she says that the press is stalking her but then she goes & does an interview with ET, so I just don't get her. She looks like she's going through some sort of episode. I don't believe her & Michael are "fighting", that's just the media doing what they do best!