Jackson dines with choreographer

Found any positive articles or new about him? You can read and reply to the latest MJ news items. This forum is for actual news articles about MJ with source information.

Moderator: Global Moderator

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:09 am

As always, be mindful of what you read, especially information allegedly about the relationships between Mike and his family. -Admin

The following is from Gail at MJJF who says that Mr. Jackson's spokesperson (Angel Howansky) has contacted the writer of the article and has asked for a correction to this story:

Angel Howansky the Family Publicist and Spokesperson has called "Norm" with a correction to the article namely:

"That the parents have spoken to MJ since the trial and they even visited him after the trial."

Source:http://insite.reviewjournal.com/registe ... 34677.html

NORM: Jackson dines with choreographer

Jan. 07, 2007

Michael Jackson appears to be moving quickly with his comeback plans.

Jackson was spotted Friday dining with Emmy-Award winning director/choreographer Kenny Ortega, who choreographed Jackson's last tour, almost a decade ago.

Jackson, who moved to Las Vegas two weeks ago after 16 months overseas, had dinner with Ortega in a private room at Wynn Las Vegas.

In another development, I learned Saturday that Jackson has reconciled with his parents, Las Vegas residents Joe and Katherine, after a long silence.

Joe Jackson confirmed by telephone on Saturday that "he made contact with me and his mother (Friday)." They had not communicated since Michael moved to Bahrain shortly after being acquitted of child molestation charges in California in May 2005.

The reconciliation is reported to have occurred after Joe and Katherine solicited Jack Wishna, a friend of the pop icon, to reopen the lines of communication.

Still under wraps is where Jackson wants to relaunch his career.

Both Jackson and Ortega have been associated with Steve Wynn, who transformed Siegfried & Roy into international stars with a major production show at The Mirage. Wynn's friendship with Jackson dates back decades. Jackson was often a guest of Wynn's at The Mirage, and there was talk Wynn was bringing Jackson to Las Vegas. Jackson listed Wynn as a character witness in his 2005 trial.

In his 2004 bio, Ortega said he was "overseeing the creation of a production" for Wynn.

Ortega's choreography credits include Madonna's "Material Girl" video, "Dirty Dancing," the opening ceremonies of the Salt Lake City Winter Olympics and Atlanta Summer Olympics, and world tours with Barbra Streisand, the Pointer Sisters, Cher, Gloria Estefan, Kiss and Diana Ross.

Jackson's comeback album is reported to be due out at the end of the year on the Bahrain-based label Two Seas Records.

:D :D :D

:popcorn
[align=center]\\\"It's all for love. L.O.V.E\\\" ♥--Michael Jackson [/align] [align=center]We miss you... [/align]

[align=center]proud.to.be.an.american.mj.fan[/align]

Little Susie
Trial Period
Trial Period

Post by Little Susie » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:43 am

So Michael is still with Two-seas? Interesting. I like that he got in touch with his parents, thats a good sign. Also I am excited that he is definitely on the fast track on building his career comeback!!
Thanks for posting :wub:

You are always in my heart:wub:

Tamiele

Post by Tamiele » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:10 pm

Interesting. I hadn't realized that Michael and his folks were at odds with each other. My guess would have been that after the family rallyed around Michael during the trial that it would be a healing experience for all. Even Janet mentioned in her interview with Oprah that she hadn't had much contact with Michael since he moved out of the country. Lives of the Rich and Famous are hard to fathom by us ordinary folk. I am betting that Katharine sometimes wishes that the family hadn't persued the music career and instead stayed unknowns in Gary, Indiana (if I remember correctly that's the place they originated in).

Thanks for the post.

Tamie

Shannon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Shannon » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:45 pm

Hmmm... I thought he was keeping in touch with his mother at least, but I guess I was wrong? :blink: Anyway, good to see them reuniting again. :D And good to hear positive news as him dining with Kenny Ortega again. Let's hope the outcome of it is even better. :8-26-03fruits_apple
[align=center]Image

Thank you, Leah

Thank you for everything,

Michael

...My Fanfiction...

You Are My Life

...My Website dedicated to Michael...

http://www.thesilencedtruth.com[/align]

Saphster

Post by Saphster » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:24 pm

Little Susie;182405 wrote:So Michael is still with Two-seas? Interesting. I like that he got in touch with his parents, thats a good sign. Also I am excited that he is definitely on the fast track on building his career comeback!!
Thanks for posting :wub:
The reconciliation is reported to have occurred after Joe and Katherine solicited Jack Wishna, a friend of the pop icon, to reopen the lines of communication.
Seems like it wasn't Michael.:(

Well, maybe he needed his space, and spend time with his own family. It upsets me a bit because it's been like a year, and he still hasn't spoken with them?? He had enough time to at least call his parents. I know Katherine must've been worried as hell and missed him. A mother worries about her children constantly, and even Joe was worried! :(

\\\"My fans are still there. They still love me. They\\\'re alive.\\\" -Michael Jackson.

Shannon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Shannon » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:38 pm

[QUOTE=Saphster;182433]Seems like it wasn't Michael.:(

Well, maybe he needed his space, and spend time with his own family. It upsets me a bit because it's been like a year, and he still hasn't spoken with them?? He had enough time to at least call his parents. I know Katherine must've been worried as hell and missed him. A mother worries about her children constantly, and even Joe was worried! :([/QUOTE]

That's also a reason why I found that part of the article suspicious. But everyone knows how sceptical I am about everything. :P :lol
[align=center]Image

Thank you, Leah

Michael

...My Fanfiction...

You Are My Life

Simply The Best

Post by Simply The Best » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:43 pm

:D All these latest developments about our 'Beloved' Michael sounds GREAT!!
:8-26-03ranting: Michael will and has never turned his back on his 'Beloved' parents.
In fact he dedicated his World Music Award speech to BOTH his 'Beloved' parents & kids.
I thought his MUM was at that Award Audience, as he looked up to his right to stare ( as if his Mum was sitting amongs the audience) as he mentioned her name ( Katherine Jackson):idontknow I Wish them all HAPPY REUNION and as ever close family.

Good come back home for Michael and his 3 little cutties!!:8-26-03baby: Lovely:wink
His 3 little darlings will get to NOW see, visit, bond with 'Beloved' Relatives:angry:
and have lots of sleep overs, pampering, spoiling, with their 2 Grannies:rolleyes: and big Aunty Latoye will be keen to take them out for Treats:8-26-03yuk: or just be there for them. Better than growing up far away from home, seeing different people all the time.

A very Good decision was made by Michael to comeback to his Home Country!!
(BUT I was thrilled and glad when I had he will be settling in Ireland or Britain):(
Well Done Man and be Proud of every effort U make:bs WE ALL LOVE U MJ:bleh

CHEERS
JANESSA
:baby_rolling ;) :)

glittergloved_one

Post by glittergloved_one » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:53 pm

Kenny Ortega???? He directed High School Musical!!!!!!

Which I am sooo not obsessed with....

Pssh.

AHH!!!!!!! :mf_w00t2: :mf_w00t2:

Thanks to the lovely Veronica for making me this blend and teaching me how to actually get it into my signature (which took like 10 billion hours). Great job Veronica!! :wub:

Twittegirl

Post by Twittegirl » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:24 pm

Thanks for posting:)

Shannon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Shannon » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:00 pm

[QUOTE=glittergloved_one;182438]Kenny Ortega???? He directed High School Musical!!!!!!

Which I am sooo not obsessed with....

Pssh.

AHH!!!!!!! :mf_w00t2: :mf_w00t2:[/QUOTE]

High School Musical... do you mean the TV-show or whatever it was? They sent that on Norwegian TV this Christmas, but I had no desire to watch it. :lol
[align=center]Image

Thank you, Leah

Michael

...My Fanfiction...

You Are My Life

glittergloved_one

Post by glittergloved_one » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:02 pm

[QUOTE=Shannon;182449]High School Musical... do you mean the TV-show or whatever it was? They sent that on Norwegian TV this Christmas, but I had no desire to watch it. :lol[/QUOTE]

haha it was a movie!!!!

no desire to watch it...yeah, I think there's like a certain age group that like really loves it. :lol

Thanks to the lovely Veronica for making me this blend and teaching me how to actually get it into my signature (which took like 10 billion hours). Great job Veronica!! :wub:

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:18 pm

PLEASE be careful with what you read from articles. Writing this up as a reconcilliation appears to be more from the author's point of view (or exaggeration) than what actually happened.

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:27 pm

The following is from Gail at MJJF who says that Mr. Jackson's spokesperson (Angel Howansky) has contacted the writer of the article and has asked for a correction to this story:

Angel Howansky the Family Publicist and Spokesperson has called "Norm" with a correction to the article namely:

"That the parents have spoken to MJ since the trial and they even visited him after the trial."

Shannon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Shannon » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:55 pm

[QUOTE=whisper;182472]The following is from Gail at MJJF who says that Mr. Jackson's spokesperson (Angel Howansky) has contacted the writer of the article and has asked for a correction to this story:

"That the parents have spoken to MJ since the trial and they even visited him after the trial." [/QUOTE]

Thank you.

Good to have it confirmed.
[align=center]Image

Thank you, Leah

Michael

...My Fanfiction...

You Are My Life

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:30 pm

For the record, I NEVER personally believed that Michael hadn't seen or spoken to his parents/family since the trial, even while he was based overseas. So I am happy to see that part of the article retracted. :) I knew it was probably an exaggeration/assumption anyway :rolleyes: :lol

Norm has still been pretty spot on so far, though, lol. Can't wait to see what happens! :D :popcorn
[align=center]\\\"It's all for love. L.O.V.E\\\" ♥--Michael Jackson [/align] [align=center]We miss you... [/align]

[align=center]proud.to.be.an.american.mj.fan[/align]