Michael Spotted in Bookstore?: Manassas, VA

Found any positive articles or new about him? You can read and reply to the latest MJ news items. This forum is for actual news articles about MJ with source information.

Moderator: Global Moderator

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:20 pm

This is funny.

-----

Jackson spotted in Manassas, Virginia
By Josh Eiserike
jeiserike@potomacnews.com
Saturday, July 7, 2007

He's recorded hits like "Smooth Criminal," "Billie Jean" and "Thriller" - and he might have been in Manassas on Thursday.

Multiple employees of New Dimensions Inc. in Manassas said they saw the self-described "King of Pop," Michael Jackson, in the Manassas Borders during their lunch break.

The 48-year-old Jackson has been scouting the Eastern Shore of Maryland for a possible new home, so it is not inconceivable that the pop star would be in the region.

"He was pretty well disguised," said Sarah Larkin, adding that he was wearing a baseball cap and his head was pretty much covered up. He was also wearing all black.

"He was in the kids section and he did buy some books," said Larkin, 29, of Manassas, a marketing coordinator.

But if no one saw his face, was it really Jackson?

A spokesperson for Jackson did not say whether or not Jackson made a stop in Borders.

"He's looking up and down the entire coast for property," said William Marshall, Jackson's spokesperson.

Those who saw the mysterious person are sure it was Jackson.

"It was definitely him, hunched down, looking at videos, trying to keep low-key," said receptionist Doris McCrea, 49, of Manassas. McCrea said she saw him looking through thriller and horror movies before heading over to the kids' section.

Borders district marketing manager Dalia Goldgor said that they were asked to suppress the story.

"No one in the store ever saw the guy's face," Goldgor said. She did not confirm whether Jackson had paid a visit to Manassas.

"I do know it was him because I went up there today and talked to one of the cashiers and I asked her if he was there yesterday and she said, "Yes, he was,' " said McCrea. She added that two bodyguards accompanied Jackson.

"One of his guards had a big bag and they had a lot of stuff in there," said McCrea, adding that she did not see what was purchased.

She also said that one of her coworkers said she saw his distinct nose.

"It was kind of cool to see him there," said McCrea.

http://www.potomacnews.com/servlet/Sate ... path=!news
[align=center]Image[/align]

Shannon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Shannon » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:31 pm

I'm just surprised he still find books he hasn't bought yet. :blink: :lol Ohh well, nice to hear he's apparently out and about. :D
[align=center]Image

Thank you, Leah

Thank you for everything,

Michael

...My Fanfiction...

You Are My Life

...My Website dedicated to Michael...

http://www.thesilencedtruth.com[/align]

danaluvsmj
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by danaluvsmj » Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:16 pm

wow, he is quite the shopper isn't he? And I thought I had a huge collection of books

1958-2009

Gone Too Soon

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:22 pm

[QUOTE=danaluvsmj;194744]wow, he is quite the shopper isn't he? And I thought I had a huge collection of books[/QUOTE]

Well, as an avid lover of books myself, I can attest...there always seems to be more to get! :P But you know that every slightly inconspicuous person in that region as of late will be suspected to be him..:lol But at the same time, it's quite possible! Just hope he's having fun! :D
[align=center]\\\"It's all for love. L.O.V.E\\\" ♥--Michael Jackson [/align] [align=center]We miss you... [/align]

[align=center]proud.to.be.an.american.mj.fan[/align]

Saphster

Post by Saphster » Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:17 pm

If he was pretty well disgusied...it probably wasn't him. Since his outfits ALWAYS fail, it probably wasn't....:icrackingup

Or maybe it was.:idontknow

\\\"My fans are still there. They still love me. They\\\'re alive.\\\" -Michael Jackson.

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:41 am

What is this? :lol For all they know, that could have been 'big foot'. :lol

I'm laughing because only Michael Jackson sightings would be reported like this. :lol

smoody

Post by smoody » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:01 pm

OH MY GOD IN HEAVEN!!!!!! This is were I live! NO crap. The high school I graduated from has a Manassas VA address while my home address at the time was Dale City. I could walk from my house to the school in maybe ten minutes. All these little subdivisions all run together. I could give you directions from the place I am sitting right now to this very bookstore, and it would take you about fifteen mins. I am going to be sick!!!!!!!:mf_w00t2: :mf_w00t2:

OK calm down Sheila girl it will be OK

DaNcInG mAcHiNe

Post by DaNcInG mAcHiNe » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:24 pm

Aww cool!

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:37 pm

smoody;194799 wrote: OK calm down Sheila girl it will be OK
LOL. Aw! Sheila if you happen to see him crossing the street or heading into a KFC, you'll let us know? I hope it was him for your sake!:P
I'm laughing because only Michael Jackson sightings would be reported like this.
You ain't neva lied! Like an episode of Unsolved Mysteries.

doesitmatter

Post by doesitmatter » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:39 am

[QUOTE=HeavenSent;194822]You ain't neva lied! Like an episode of Unsolved Mysteries.[/QUOTE]

LMAO! It was like Unsolved Mysteries, all the suspense. Haven't watched that in a long time.
You hate what someone loves....

ImageImage

JANIE

Post by JANIE » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:22 am

I was in Oxford about a month ago; and I saw this amazing bookstore. Right away my first thought was, "OMG, Michael would go crazy for that bookstore."

You can't really see it from the below pictures, but the bookstore goes halfway along the highstreet and right around the corner...and it's like three storeys high.

I think the first picture shows the queue for the Harry Potter book that just came out ;)

Michael, Your smile is the window to your soul...

uranusbluedanger1

Post by uranusbluedanger1 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:21 am

*Tear rolls down her cheek* Three stories high, you say? -- Can you imagine all the books? -- Sorry, I'm crazy over books. I mean, seriously, I volunteer for the public library and have a whole room dedicated to my books... and my friends and I HANG OUT at bookstores (yup, I guess we are a tad bit weird,) a bookstore like that would be my dream!!! Where is this fabulous, incredible, magical place?

JANIE

Post by JANIE » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:54 pm

In Oxford High Street;in the UK.
Michael, Your smile is the window to your soul...