Mariah Carey is pregnant

Use this forum to discuss anything other than Michael Jackson. OT discussions from the other forums have been moved to this forum

Moderator: Global Moderator

MJfan01'

Mariah Carey is pregnant

Post by MJfan01' » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:32 am

It's been talked about for months now, and finally Mariah Carey has come clean: She's pregnant!

"Yes, we are pregnant. This is true," Carey, 41, said on the Today show Thursday morning as part of a sneak peek at a three-part Access Hollywood interview. "It's been a long journey. It's been tough because I've been trying to hold on to a shred of privacy."

Husband Nick Cannon, 30, joined the interview to talk about the "absolutely emotional" news, adding, "The greatest gift on earth is a child."

Carey, who also told of a miscarriage two years ago, would not reveal her due date. She would only say "it's still early" and "expecting is great." Ever-supportive Cannon said of the loss, "It strengthened our relationship so much … she handled it so well."

PHOTOS: Mariah's Pregnancy: Hiding It in Plain Sight

The news, of course, won't surprise those who have followed the couple's coy references to pregnancy and babies over the past few months. Rumors flew as the expanding singer seemed to bloom a little more every week, and both Cannon and Carey have spoken about their desire for children.

In August, Carey fanned the flames by stepping out in Brazil wearing a maternity dress. She quickly addressed the ensuing frenzy, explaining she is "superstitious" about pregnancy and promising, "When the time is right, everyone will know."

Days later, Cannon gushed about his wife's motherly instincts, telling PEOPLE that "she's very nurturing." But not until now have they admitted they're soon to welcome their own bundle of joy.

Now that the news is out, people will clamor to know the sex of the child. The couple wouldn't say yet, but eventually Carey will cave, because she loves to decorate.

people

MJfan01'

Mariah Carey is pregnant

Post by MJfan01' » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:17 pm

It will be one of each for Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon.

The couple, who are having twins, are expecting a boy and a girl, a source confirms to PEOPLE.

So far the parents-to-be have been cautious about revealing too many details about the babies since the couple had a "long journey" to parenthood, Cannon said in December.

Cannon, 30, and Carey, 41, are preparing for the arrival of the twins' by "decorating and designing" the babies' nurseries — one in Los Angeles and one in New York, Cannon tells
people

sushigirl28

Mariah Carey is pregnant

Post by sushigirl28 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:57 am

Oh my gosh, TWINS?
Well, after losing a baby the first time, I think that'll be an extra happy occasion. Congrats to them!
... I just hope they actually stay together long enough to be a real family- none of that John and Kate crazy fighting stuff.

Thanks for the update MJfan01'! :yaychibi
Last edited by sushigirl28 on Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
♥ Justice For Michael ♥

Please help the devastating Japan quake victims who are in desperate need. My family members and the people thank you!

Global Giving*

American Red Cross*

Save the Children*

AHA Red Star Emergency Animal Relief*

You can also text REDCROSS to 9099 to donate $10 through your phone. The donation will show up on your bill.

You can also text PROTECT to 85944 to donate $10 to support our efforts to provide aid to animal victims of disaster. They need help desperately as well.

“God and the truth are on our side. We will be victorious.â€

armcjackson

Mariah Carey is pregnant

Post by armcjackson » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:49 am

Awww! <3

like sweet morning dew, i took one look at you, and it was plain to see you were my destiny. <3

updated march 28 2011.

MJfan01'

Mariah Carey is pregnant

Post by MJfan01' » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:14 pm

[quote="sushigirl28"]
Oh my gosh, TWINS?
Well, after losing a baby the first time, I think that'll be an extra happy occasion. Congrats to them!
... I just hope they actually stay together long enough to be a real family- none of that John and Kate crazy fighting stuff.

Thanks for the update MJfan01'! :yaychibi
[/quote]
I wonder if their daughter will get Mariah's voice. That would be so sweet. Mariah's mother is an opera singer. At first I was surpised when Nick and Mariah got married but three years later, they are still going strong. I'm happy for them. :yaychibi
Last edited by MJfan01' on Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teva

Mariah Carey is pregnant

Post by Teva » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:17 pm

Me too.
I will remember you.

Saphster

Mariah Carey is pregnant

Post by Saphster » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:22 am

OH MY GOD TWINS? AND she's 41 years old...........! wtf

I really hope ALL goes well with her pregnancy. Having twins is a tough situation but having twins at her age is risky!

\\\"My fans are still there. They still love me. They\\\'re alive.\\\" -Michael Jackson.

sushigirl28

Mariah Carey is pregnant

Post by sushigirl28 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:16 pm

[quote="MJfan01'"]
I wonder if their daughter will get Mariah's voice. That would be so sweet. Mariah's mother is an opera singer. At first I was surpised when Nick and Mariah got married but three years later, they are still going strong. I'm happy for them. :yaychibi
[/quote]
Aw, that would be so sweet... :yaychibi Hope she gets those vocal chords! I was like, "Oh boy..." when the announcement was made that they were getting married, but I'm happy for them too.
And Saph's right, she best be getting a lot of careful and adequate bedrest to incubate those little guys. That's why she had to pull out of For Colored Girls, and that was smart to do for those two little boos. :yaychibi

xo
Last edited by sushigirl28 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
♥ Justice For Michael ♥

Please help the devastating Japan quake victims who are in desperate need. My family members and the people thank you!

Global Giving*

American Red Cross*

Save the Children*

You can also text REDCROSS to 9099 to donate $10 through your phone. The donation will show up on your bill.

You can also text PROTECT to 85944 to donate $10 to support our efforts to provide aid to animal victims of disaster. They need help desperately as well.

MJfan01'

Mariah Carey is pregnant

Post by MJfan01' » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:13 am

She posted this on her twitter yesterday (her birthday)
lol SO, I'm sure she's about to pop any day now.
:hilarious dem babies and butterflies

sushigirl28

Mariah Carey is pregnant

Post by sushigirl28 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:48 am

^LOL! WOW, she's round like a beach ball! They should be comin' in any minute now! :D :D

xo
♥ Justice For Michael ♥

Global Giving*

American Red Cross*

Save the Children*

MJfan01'

Mariah Carey is pregnant

Post by MJfan01' » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:50 pm

[quote="sushigirl28"]
^LOL! WOW, she's round like a beach ball! They should be comin' in any minute now! :D :D

xo
[/quote]
Apparently their due date is not until May 14th.lol
Last edited by MJfan01' on Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sushigirl28

Mariah Carey is pregnant

Post by sushigirl28 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:37 pm

[quote="MJfan01'"]
Apparently their due date is not until May 14th.lol
[/quote]
Oh, LOL! Well if she keeps growing any bigger 'till then, she's gonna need a pully system to get around the house! :yaychibi *Yikes- thinks about back pain*

xo
♥ Justice For Michael ♥

Global Giving*

American Red Cross*

Save the Children*

armcjackson

Mariah Carey is pregnant

Post by armcjackson » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:05 am

Holy moley. May 14th is like a month away man. :p Wow.

like sweet morning dew, i took one look at you, and it was plain to see you were my destiny. <3

updated march 28 2011.

MJfan01'

Mariah Carey is pregnant

Post by MJfan01' » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:32 pm

[quote="armcjackson"]
Holy moley. May 14th is like a month away man. :p Wow.
[/quote]
I doubt she'll make it.lol Twins usually don't.

MJfan01'

Mariah Carey is pregnant

Post by MJfan01' » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:25 am