What's Happening to Us?

Use this forum to discuss anything other than Michael Jackson. OT discussions from the other forums have been moved to this forum

Moderator: Global Moderator

armcjackson

What's Happening to Us?

Post by armcjackson » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:50 am

I'm pretty sure everyone who still visits this site has noticed this.. Lately, all we've been doing is fighting. And honestly, I don't understand why. Think about it. We're all here because we love Michael and his music. But yet, all we seem to be doing is arguing about each others opinions and personal beliefs about the current situations. What's the point of arguing? ... Enough said.

like sweet morning dew, i took one look at you, and it was plain to see you were my destiny. <3

updated march 28 2011.

uranusbluedanger1

What's Happening to Us?

Post by uranusbluedanger1 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:55 am

[quote="armcjackson"]
I'm pretty sure everyone who still visits this site has noticed this.. Lately, all we've been doing is fighting. And honestly, I don't understand why. Think about it. We're all here because we love Michael and his music. But yet, all we seem to be doing is arguing about each others opinions and personal beliefs about the current situations. What's the point of arguing? ... Enough said.
[/quote]

*hugs* I've felt this way for a long time, and trust me, I've given up on that. I have no control over others and my life is full of more worthwhile goals. If I'm going to argue, then I'm going to do it with people that can create the political and social change marginalized communities need.

Girl, this happens on tons of boards - no lie. There's always a few that create drama, sometimes even with good intentions (you know that they say the road to hell is paved with good intentions!), and there are always those that feed it. The truth is that while we are all here because we love Michael and his music, the fact of the matter is that there are different kinds of love and different expressions of love, which create the problems. Love is a universal unifying factor, but only if the way it is communicated is reciprocal (in other words, we're not all accepting the rules of the game and so conflict arises). Differences of opinion or differences of expression tend to create clashes no matter what...

(What I'm saying is that as terrible as all the bickering is, I'm not surprised.)

There is no point to arguing, I agree, but it's a matter of control, and some just don't have it - or some honestly seem to get their kicks out of it, who knows ... it's the internet and anonymity changes the game. Don't make your life bitter over it. Just ignore it and walk away. There seems to be no resolution to be had or at least none that is controlled by any one person, and just believe that half the drama you see online would probably not exist in the real world if fans got together. Know why? Because half the things people say when there's no body attached to their words are things they wouldn't have the guts to say in real life. So, maybe that's a little encouraging? There's love amongst fans... it's just the times that are making people react. With time, things will go back to normal. <3
Last edited by uranusbluedanger1 on Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

armcjackson

What's Happening to Us?

Post by armcjackson » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:23 pm

[quote="uranusbluedanger1"]
With time, things will go back to normal. <3
[/quote]

I sure hope so. I miss things the way they were. =D

like sweet morning dew, i took one look at you, and it was plain to see you were my destiny. <3

updated march 28 2011.

Juniorlady

What's Happening to Us?

Post by Juniorlady » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:58 pm

[quote="armcjackson"]
I sure hope so. I miss things the way they were. =D
[/quote]
Me too. Hopefully things will get better around here.

DirtyDiana87

What's Happening to Us?

Post by DirtyDiana87 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:04 pm

I have noticed it to and wish things were like the way they once were, when everyone got along and respected each other's opinions and beliefs.

Thank you so much Pam for my beautiful avatar & Blend!! I love them so much!!

Thank you Sarah for the beautiful blend!!! I LOVE it!!!

Saphster

What's Happening to Us?

Post by Saphster » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:58 pm

I've been gone for a while so I haven't really noticed the fighting but it should stop.

We are all here for one reason. Though we may not always agree we still have the maintain a balance of peace. Keep the love going! <3

\\\"My fans are still there. They still love me. They\\\'re alive.\\\" -Michael Jackson.

Jingles

What's Happening to Us?

Post by Jingles » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:46 pm

[quote="armcjackson"]
[/quote]

Unfortunately it seems to be the norm for many forum communities. I am a member of another (of which I won't mention the name of at this time)were tempers become flared all too often. I prefer to be non-confrontational and tend to deter myself from disagreements. I guess it’s just because we are under a lot of stress these past couple of years and now more so with the trail just around the corner. There seems to be no rest for our emotions since we’ve lost Michael.
"And it seems I can live my life with you as my rhythm"

Dorka
Trial Period
Trial Period

What's Happening to Us?

Post by Dorka » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:46 am

I know, I was a massive member of a great forum where we were like a big family but after one year the admin deleted it and since that I've registered on a thousand forums and everywhere they were arguing a lot OR they didn't even know each other just posted their things about Michael...
But idk I haven't been on here so much but seems like this is the best one that I've found :)
"Before you judge me, try hard to love me!"

Amyable_Nature
Trial Period
Trial Period

What's Happening to Us?

Post by Amyable_Nature » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:53 am

It's heartbreaking to see forums disintegrate either because admins close it down, activity drops or the fighting and arguing takes over. I've left forums because I didn't like how I was being treated, I cling to a few that are slowly losing members and dropping activity...it's terrible. I no longer feel like I have a "home" to share with other MJ fans. I mean, I can't go on and on about Michael with my friends and family because if you're not a fan, why should you care? No one's going to get it if I say "Salvation Army tomorrow, Bill" or freak out when we drive by a KFC. I have to turn to the interwebs to find people who will get it LOL

We shouldn't take our communities for granted and we shouldn't take each other for granted. I'm floating around from forum to forum and it's a lonely feeling. Everyone is going to have a different opinion about something. You just have to learn to accept it and not take it personally. I think that's the main problem. If two people disagree about something, it shouldn't be the end of the world. If I have an opinion about LMP that doesn't match your own, why does it have to turn into an all out brawl?

I just don't get it but it's really getting me down all the same.
[align=center]Image[/align]

armcjackson

What's Happening to Us?

Post by armcjackson » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:58 am

[quote="Amyable_Nature"]
It's heartbreaking to see forums disintegrate either because admins close it down, activity drops or the fighting and arguing takes over. I've left forums because I didn't like how I was being treated, I cling to a few that are slowly losing members and dropping activity...it's terrible. I no longer feel like I have a "home" to share with other MJ fans. I mean, I can't go on and on about Michael with my
friends and family because if you're not a fan, why should you care? No one's going to get it if I say "Salvation Army tomorrow, Bill" or freak out when we drive by a KFC. I have to turn to the interwebs to find people who will get it LOL

We shouldn't take our communities for granted and we shouldn't take each other for granted. I'm floating around from forum to forum and it's a lonely feeling. Everyone is
going to have a different opinion about something. You just have to learn to accept it and not take it personally. I think that's the main problem. If two people disagree about something, it shouldn't be the end of the world. If I have an opinion about LMP that doesn't match your own, why does it have to turn into an all out brawl?

I just don't get it but it's really getting me down all the
same.
[/quote]

:( I know how you feel. And you're right, just because we have different opinions doesn't mean we should argue about them. But it seems like we're making progress from where we were a few months ago. Which is a good thing.

updated march 28 2011.

Jingles

What's Happening to Us?

Post by Jingles » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:11 am

We, as fans, are a global community. We are from different backgrounds, societies, and countries. We all have our own beliefs and opinions. The one thing we have in common is Michael; and Michael was, and still is , all about love, harmony and healing. We have to learn to look past our differences and see the “bigger picture” and let his legacy, what he has brought to our lives and that of the world, be an example. He has passed the flame to us and we are the torch bearers now.
"And it seems I can live my life with you as my rhythm"