Music's Worst Cover Versions

Use this forum to discuss anything other than Michael Jackson. OT discussions from the other forums have been moved to this forum

Moderator: Global Moderator

armcjackson

Post by armcjackson » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:47 pm

You know those untouchable classic songs, like Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and Madonna's "Papa Don't Preach?" Well, they've been touched... besmirched actually by a growing number of pop stars who think they have the vocal and emotional maturity to handle such weighty material. Excuse us if we're getting a little high falootin', but we can't believe someone gave the green light to Avril Lavigne's cover of a Bob Dylan song! Find out who else we can't believe butchered classic material in our rundown of music's worst cover verisions.

link here.

Miley Cyrus covers "Smells Like Teen Spirit" - Nirvana
Matthew Morrison covers "Thong Song" - Sisqó
Britney Spears covers "I Love Rock N' Roll" - Joan Jett and the Blackhearts (I hate Britney's version.)
Jessica Simpson covers "These Boots Are Made For Walking" - Nancy Sinatra
Kelly Osbourne covers "Papa Don't Preach" - Madonna
Ozzy and Kelly Osbourne cover "Changes" - Black Sabbath
Celina Dion covers "You Shook Me All Night Long" - AC/DC
Avril Lavigne covers "Knockin' On Heaven's Doors" - Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid
Boyz II Men cover "Back For Good" - Take That
Limp Bizkit covers "Faith" - George Michael

like sweet morning dew, i took one look at you, and it was plain to see you were my destiny. <3

updated march 28 2011.

sushigirl28

Post by sushigirl28 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:35 am

Oh boy... I remember Brittany Spears' version of "I Love Rock N' Roll", I hated it too. I do not want to ever venture out to hear it again. I heard it soo many times when I was younger as my cousin always spun her CDs. :yaychibi And Ozzy and Kelly Osbourne's cover of "Changes" was just Barf to me. (I don't like the song itself either). I've always liked Jessica, that rendition ain't Nancy but when that video came out I just couldn't get over how beautiful she looked in it for the song. She looked stunning. ...I just listened to Limp Bizkit's "Faith", and I think I need therapy for myself now. When he's not screaming in it his voice sounds disgusting. All wobbly and weird and shiz. I'm kinda scared to listen to the others.. :tvhorror but I guess I will have to see what they came out as later. Eeck, I don't know what to expect.. lol

xo
♥ Justice For Michael ♥

Please help the devastating Japan quake victims who are in desperate need. My family members and the people thank you!

Global Giving*

American Red Cross*

Save the Children*

AHA Red Star Emergency Animal Relief*

You can also text REDCROSS to 9099 to donate $10 through your phone. The donation will show up on your bill.

You can also text PROTECT to 85944 to donate $10 to support our efforts to provide aid to animal victims of disaster. They need help desperately as well.

“God and the truth are on our side. We will be victorious.â€

MJfan01'

Post by MJfan01' » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:22 am

Miley shouldn't be allowed to cover anyone's songs.

armcjackson

Post by armcjackson » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:32 am

[quote="MJfan01'"]
Miley shouldn't be allowed to cover anyone's songs.
[/quote]
Exactly. In my world, to be able to cover great songs, (or just songs in general) you I've to at least made some good, life-changing music. And has she done that? I don't think so. She does have a few good songs though.

like sweet morning dew, i took one look at you, and it was plain to see you were my destiny. <3

updated march 28 2011.

sushigirl28

Post by sushigirl28 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:15 am

^^ I agree with yall. I think that makes the most sense doesn't it. Otherwise it just might as well be a joke.

xo
♥ Justice For Michael ♥

Please help the devastating Japan quake victims who are in desperate need. My family members and the people thank you!

Global Giving*

American Red Cross*

Save the Children*

AHA Red Star Emergency Animal Relief*

You can also text REDCROSS to 9099 to donate $10 through your phone. The donation will show up on your bill.

You can also text PROTECT to 85944 to donate $10 to support our efforts to provide aid to animal victims of disaster. They need help desperately as well.

“God and the truth are on our side. We will be victorious.â€

armcjackson

Post by armcjackson » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:05 pm

[quote="sushigirl28"]
^^ I agree with yall. I think that makes the most sense doesn't it. Otherwise it just might as well be a joke.

xo
[/quote]
Mhm. Like when Michael did 'Smile', (which he really could have done so much earlier because he's awesome!) ... I don't really know where I'm going with this. Lol

updated march 28 2011.