Kanye West\'s Mom Dies, from Cosmetic Surgery Complications

Use this forum to discuss anything other than Michael Jackson. OT discussions from the other forums have been moved to this forum

Moderator: Global Moderator

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:24 am

Kanye West's mother dies in L.A. after surgery
Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:04 AM EST

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Grammy-winning rap star Kanye West's mother, a former university professor, died in a Los Angeles-area hospital due to possible complications from surgery, the L.A. County Coroner's office said on Monday. She was 58.

Donda West helped manage her son's businesses and educational foundation after retiring in 2004 after 30 years teaching English at Chicago State University. She died Saturday night at Centinela Freeman Hospital in seaside Marina del Rey after paramedics were called to her nearby home.

A coroner's spokesman said an autopsy would be performed later this week. He did not know what sort of surgery West underwent, but media reports said she had a breast reduction and abdominoplasty, a major procedure commonly referred to as a "tummy tuck."

The celebrity news Web site TMZ.com quoted a Beverly Hills plastic surgeon, Jan Adams, as saying he performed surgery on West before she died, that her death was unforeseen and he did nothing wrong.

In a statement issued late on Monday, Kanye West thanked "everyone for the outpouring of support and kind words that have come in from across the country." He did not address any surgery or health issues.

Donda West raised her son in a middle-class Chicago suburb after splitting with her husband, a former Black Panther who went on to become a sociology professor.

Mother and son co-founded the Kanye West Foundation, which aims to keep inner-city youth in school and improve literacy.

She inspired the song "Hey Mama," which is featured on her son's Grammy-winning 2005 album "Late Registration." In May, she published a book titled "Raising Kanye: Life Lessons from the Mother of a Hip-Hop Superstar."

(Reporting by Dana Ford and Dean Goodman; Editing by Patricia Zengerle)

Source: http://ca.today.reuters.com/news/newsAr ... ER-COL.XML

I was so sad to see this on the news the other day. :( They seemed really close. My heart goes out to Kanye and his family. May she RIP...
[align=center]\\\"It's all for love. L.O.V.E\\\" ♥--Michael Jackson [/align] [align=center]We miss you... [/align]

[align=center]proud.to.be.an.american.mj.fan[/align]

sweet princess

Post by sweet princess » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:05 am

:( [QUOTE=InspirationMoonwalks;198658]Kanye West's mother dies in L.A. after surgery
Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:04 AM EST

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Grammy-winning rap star Kanye West's mother, a former university professor, died in a Los Angeles-area hospital due to possible complications from surgery, the L.A. County Coroner's office said on Monday. She was 58.

Donda West helped manage her son's businesses and educational foundation after retiring in 2004 after 30 years teaching English at Chicago State University. She died Saturday night at Centinela Freeman Hospital in seaside Marina del Rey after paramedics were called to her nearby home.

A coroner's spokesman said an autopsy would be performed later this week. He did not know what sort of surgery West underwent, but media reports said she had a breast reduction and abdominoplasty, a major procedure commonly referred to as a "tummy tuck."

The celebrity news Web site TMZ.com quoted a Beverly Hills plastic surgeon, Jan Adams, as saying he performed surgery on West before she died, that her death was unforeseen and he did nothing wrong.

In a statement issued late on Monday, Kanye West thanked "everyone for the outpouring of support and kind words that have come in from across the country." He did not address any surgery or health issues.

Donda West raised her son in a middle-class Chicago suburb after splitting with her husband, a former Black Panther who went on to become a sociology professor.

Mother and son co-founded the Kanye West Foundation, which aims to keep inner-city youth in school and improve literacy.

She inspired the song "Hey Mama," which is featured on her son's Grammy-winning 2005 album "Late Registration." In May, she published a book titled "Raising Kanye: Life Lessons from the Mother of a Hip-Hop Superstar."

(Reporting by Dana Ford and Dean Goodman; Editing by Patricia Zengerle)

Source: http://ca.today.reuters.com/news/newsAr ... ER-COL.XML

I was so sad to see this on the news the other day. :( They seemed really close. My heart goes out to Kanye and his family. May she RIP...[/QUOTE]

This is so sad.....:(
May She RIP..:(

R.I.P. Michael..I love you...

danaluvsmj
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by danaluvsmj » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:25 pm

That's so sad :( A lot of people don't realize that plastic surgery can be very risky and can cost you your life. It's a shame Kanye's mother had to die this way.

1958-2009

Gone Too Soon

smoody

Post by smoody » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:23 pm

My heart and Prayers truly go out to Kanye. I know the pain he is in right now is unspeakable. I'm not the biggest fan but I have walked that road of loss. My heart goes out to him.