2008 U.S Presidential Elections: The Primaries -Hillary concedes&fully endorses Obama

Use this forum to discuss anything other than Michael Jackson. OT discussions from the other forums have been moved to this forum

Moderator: Global Moderator

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

2008 U.S Presidential Elections: The Primaries -Hillary concedes&fully endorses Obama

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:11 pm

and will be a great politician one day if you chose to go that direction.
Really? Aww, thank you! :8-26-03fruits_apple That means a lot to me, since politics, as you can undoubtedly tell, lol, is one of my favorite things in life and so I must confess, that's a little "pipe dream" of mine, to maybe run for office someday..Congress, Senate, or who knows..:cryptic ;) But hey, law and politics ARE very closely connected (Barack, Hillary, Bill, Edwards are all lawyers themselves and they are just a few examples) so....who knows. You all may be out campaigning for yours truly one day....;) LMAO..:P :lol But I enjoy just watching the process play out and participating in it in any way that I can. And thank you too, Carla..and you both are very welcome! Thank you for sharing in this all-time exciting race with me! :8-26-03fruits_apple

As for Hillary being VP, I said in my last post, I think her chances have gone WAYY up since the speech. Even a lot of the Obama supporters I know on the DemocraticUnderground.com and elsewhere, who were growing to despise her during the primaries, were greatly impressed. I honestly wouldn't be too surprised if they were already in talks...it's just so funny that hardcore Hillary people like Lanny Davis, Terry McAuliffe, James Carville, etc, etc are being so upbeat and supportive of his campaign now. Maybe they are just so eager to elect a Democratic president, but it honestly would not surprise me. And after the speech, I even find myself warming up a bit again to this whole "dream ticket" idea. But with that said, I wholeheartedly agree with you, Carla, that he shouldn't be pressured. It's his choice and his alone to make. He's EARNED that right. I definitely think he should take his time and go through the selection process just like any other candidate would do. This is way too important of a decision NOT to! But I trust his judgment. :)

I'm still kinda rooting for Edwards or Richardson, too, though!
[align=center]\\\"It's all for love. L.O.V.E\\\" ♥--Michael Jackson [/align] [align=center]We miss you... [/align]

[align=center]proud.to.be.an.american.mj.fan[/align]

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:28 pm

That's the thing: I have NO idea who I'd like to see as VP. :pullhair He/she has to be a candidate who can round out the President, to pick up the slack when his pros aren't enough, to appeal to the base and also to those across the aisle whose votes can't be taken for granted. Plus the VP has to be someone who Obama feels 100% comfortable in having by his side. He can't be looking over his shoulder or have to contend w/backseat drivers (ie, Bill lol) This is one of those decisions that he has to live with every single day while in office. So if Obama makes it, I pray he doesn't lie awake at night wondering 'what if....'

Guess I gotta start praying!
[align=center]Image[/align]

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:59 pm

He can't be looking over his shoulder or have to contend w/backseat drivers (ie, Bill lol)
All too true! :lol That's one of the reservations I still have about a potential Hillary Vice Presidency, along with some of the things that went down during the primary season, of course. They don't have to like each other necessarily, but they DO have to be able to work together, not only in office...but also on the campaign trail (or else, they'll never even get there in the first place!). Now I think that if Hillary can use that same sort of tenacity she exhibited during the primary campaign, in opposition to McCain and whoever he picks for VP (esp. in the VP debates!), it would help Obama to kick some serious GOP ass (which I think he can and already IS doing on his own...it would merely add to it. ) :D But in order for that to happen, egos must be, as they say, checked in and left at the door. We have to have unity, not competing interests. And I think the Clintons have to show that they can live up to that..

It will no doubt be interesting to see what happens! :popcorn
[align=center]\\\"It's all for love. L.O.V.E\\\" ♥--Michael Jackson [/align] [align=center]We miss you... [/align]

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:09 pm

This is rather amusing. :P :

'08 Primaries: A Stroll Down Memory lane.. :popcorn