2008 U.S Presidential Elections: The Primaries -Hillary concedes&fully endorses Obama

Use this forum to discuss anything other than Michael Jackson. OT discussions from the other forums have been moved to this forum

Moderator: Global Moderator

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

2008 U.S Presidential Elections: The Primaries -Hillary concedes&fully endorses Obama

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:07 pm

[QUOTE=danaluvsmj;199825]Update: Hillary won for the Dems in New Hampshire! I guess all that passion and emotion paid off.

Wow, these Primaries are having really close calls. I'm interested to see what will happen February 5th on Super Tuesday. I'm still not sure if I'm voting for Edwards or Obama.[/QUOTE]

I'm still shocked, lol. I thought for sure those tactics would hurt her, but I guess I was wrong--but then again, New Hampshire voters do have a reputation of voting on the contrary..:lol This is getting even more exciting than before--pretty much mixed results on both sides! Let the games go on! :P

Obama still has more delegates than her though. We'll see what happens next, in SC, Nevada..and Super Tuesday! :D

BTW, they're reporting that Bill Richardson (the gov. of New Mexico) is dropping out of the race, though nothing is confirmed yet.
[align=center]\\\"It's all for love. L.O.V.E\\\" ♥--Michael Jackson [/align] [align=center]We miss you... [/align]

[align=center]proud.to.be.an.american.mj.fan[/align]

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:21 pm

I told people that just because many white folk voted for Obama in Iowa it didn't mean that everybody would suddenly see him as the messiah and go out and vote for him all around this country. The media absolutely made me SICK with the ooey-gooey-fawning over Obama after Iowa. It was ridiculous and things were almost bound to slap them in the face because it was TOO one-sided.

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:19 pm

yeah, the love affair was getting to be ridiculous.

John Richardson made it official, btw. I liked his matter of factness, but I could NOT see him as our President.
[align=center]Image[/align]

Shannon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Shannon » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:15 pm

I was very surprised when I turned on the radio in the morning, my time, and heard Hillary won in New Hampshire - but of course very happy since I am still rooting for her despite everything. Now I'm just curious about how she will handle the rest of the election. I hope she will relax a bit more and stay cooler now.
[align=center]Image

Thank you, Leah

Thank you for everything,

Michael

...My Fanfiction...

You Are My Life

...My Website dedicated to Michael...

http://www.thesilencedtruth.com[/align]

FriendinMoscow

Post by FriendinMoscow » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:36 pm

[QUOTE=Shannon;199878]I was very surprised when I turned on the radio in the morning, my time, and heard Hillary won in New Hampshire - but of course very happy since I am still rooting for her despite everything. Now I'm just curious about how she will handle the rest of the election. I hope she will relax a bit more and stay cooler now.[/QUOTE]

I'm still rooting for Hillary too. I'm so impressed by reading about her history. For so many years she has done so much to help so many people. I think that sometimes she gets a little too caught up in the political game because she wants to be able to win and help people but I'm hoping she learned in New Hampshire that speaking from the heart about who she really is and what she really cares about and wants to do is what will get her elected. Bill was a great president, and he seems to think Hillary will be even better, and they both have learned so much and gotten so much more experience since Bill was president.

I like Obama a lot too, but I figure he can get some more experience in the senate under his belt and then try again. I would also love it if he were Hillary's v.p., or vice versus, though Hillary si so much older and more experienced that I don't know if she'd ever agree to be Obama's v.p.

All in all, I'm trying to keep an open mind. There are so many great democratic canidates, and this election, atlesat ont he democratic sign, is SO unbelievably exciting and interesting!

Shannon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Shannon » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:19 pm

[QUOTE=FriendinMoscow;199932]I'm still rooting for Hillary too. I'm so impressed by reading about her history. For so many years she has done so much to help so many people. I think that sometimes she gets a little too caught up in the political game because she wants to be able to win and help people but I'm hoping she learned in New Hampshire that speaking from the heart about who she really is and what she really cares about and wants to do is what will get her elected. Bill was a great president, and he seems to think Hillary will be even better, and they both have learned so much and gotten so much more experience since Bill was president.

I like Obama a lot too, but I figure he can get some more experience in the senate under his belt and then try again. I would also love it if he were Hillary's v.p., or vice versus, though Hillary si so much older and more experienced that I don't know if she'd ever agree to be Obama's v.p.

All in all, I'm trying to keep an open mind. There are so many great democratic canidates, and this election, atlesat ont he democratic sign, is SO unbelievably exciting and interesting![/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly, Evalie. I followed the election 4 years ago too, but it is so much more exciting and interesting this year.

Welcome back, Evalie, by the way. :) Hope you are doing fine.
[align=center]Image

Thank you, Leah

Michael

...My Fanfiction...

You Are My Life

FriendinMoscow

Post by FriendinMoscow » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:37 pm

[QUOTE=Shannon;199939]My thoughts exactly, Evalie. I followed the election 4 years ago too, but it is so much more exciting and interesting this year.

Welcome back, Evalie, by the way. :) Hope you are doing fine.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Veronica. I've missed you!

Shannon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Shannon » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:49 pm

[QUOTE=FriendinMoscow;199956]Thanks Veronica. I've missed you![/QUOTE]

I've missed you too. Hope to see more of you in the near future. :)
[align=center]Image

Thank you, Leah

Michael

...My Fanfiction...

You Are My Life

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:38 am

[QUOTE=FriendinMoscow;199932]I'm still rooting for Hillary too. I'm so impressed by reading about her history. For so many years she has done so much to help so many people. I think that sometimes she gets a little too caught up in the political game because she wants to be able to win and help people but I'm hoping she learned in New Hampshire that speaking from the heart about who she really is and what she really cares about and wants to do is what will get her elected. Bill was a great president, and he seems to think Hillary will be even better, and they both have learned so much and gotten so much more experience since Bill was president.

All in all, I'm trying to keep an open mind. There are so many great democratic canidates, and this election, atlesat ont he democratic sign, is SO unbelievably exciting and interesting![/QUOTE]

I totally agree about her essentially getting caught up in the political game. I just find it rather sad and, quite frankly, a bit dissapointing that she's apparently felt the need to resort to what has arguably bordered on mudslinging in order to "best" Obama...I think she did much better when she stuck to the issues, as opposed to the personal attacks. I mean, we get enough of that kind of thing from Karl Rove and the Republicans! :uh_uh: Plus I know deep down that Hillary is better than that--I honestly think she felt she had the nomination in the bag and got freaked out when Obama came along and essentially stole her thunder. But I think it's finally starting to sink in to her and her camp that it isn't really working, especially with that statement she released todaly, essentially attempting to smooth over some of the things that had been said at her most recent rallies. It will be interesting to see what happens at that debate tommorow night from SC! :P

Don't get me wrong, I still like Bill and Hillary, lol..but what I DON'T like is this vibe that had been coming across (however unintentionally or not) from their camp, that honestly kind of felt like they felt she was entitled to it or somehing, you know? I just feel like this race is way too important to get caught up in any one person or agenda---so may the BEST person win the race, whether it be Hillary, Obama, or whoever...as long as they're not a Republican, it's all good with me, haha :P

I'm probably going to vote for Obama in the primaries, though (based on how it's going so far, at least)..

And yes, this race IS very exciting..I mean, I pretty much always find politics exciting, but this one looks like it might holda record...a fight to the finish , for sure! :D

Good to see you back on here, btw, Evalie! :8-26-03fruits_apple We've all missed you! :wub:
[align=center]\\\"It's all for love. L.O.V.E\\\" ♥--Michael Jackson [/align] [align=center]We miss you... [/align]

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:41 pm

Last night was yet another debate between the Democratic candidates (in Nevada, not SC..my bad! lol), this time down to Hillary, Obama, and Edwards. The overall tone was much more positive this time, in light of Obama and Hillary's "truce". I thought they all did really well in their own ways and was glad to see Hillary returning more to her original message and backing off the offensive, lol. I'm still finding myself tied between Obama and Edwards in the primary, but would gladly vote for any one of them over any of the Republican candidates and must admit that the sight of Hillary Clinton's inaugeration, should that ever happen, would make me jump up and down with both excitement and, I must admit, a feeling of smugness...what a SLAP to the "Crazy Right" that would be! haha :D But I really think it's going to be Obama...I don't know..I just have a feeling about it. Oh well, time will tell! :p And I can't wait to get more involved with some of the political things on my campus!

Wow, this election season sure is interesting, isn't it? :P :popcorn

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:46 am

Last night was yet another debate between the Democratic candidates (in Nevada, not SC..my bad! lol), this time down to Hillary, Obama, and Edwards
I completely missed it. Was it televised? I heard plenty of post coverage, but not the actual debate

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:02 am

[QUOTE=HeavenSent;200124]I completely missed it. Was it televised? I heard plenty of post coverage, but not the actual debate[/QUOTE]

Yep, on MSNBC. But it's on YouTube now:

(This is just part 1, but the other parts of it are linked to it). :cool:

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:32 pm

Thanks!

danaluvsmj
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by danaluvsmj » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:23 pm

News from Nevada: Hillary and Mitt Romney won. Wow, Hillary really is making a huge comeback after what happened in Iowa!

Next is South Carolina :wink

1958-2009

Gone Too Soon

Shannon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Shannon » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:03 pm

GO Hillary. :D
[align=center]Image

Thank you, Leah

Michael

...My Fanfiction...

You Are My Life