Republican Pundits Caught on Tape Bashing Palin (ROTFL)

Use this forum to discuss anything other than Michael Jackson. OT discussions from the other forums have been moved to this forum

Moderator: Global Moderator

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:32 am

This is video from Wed, Sept 3 2008 of two GOP pundits Peggy Noonan and Mike Murphy after the on-air comments when, apparently, they thought their microphones were turned off. :rollin

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrG8w4bb3kg[/video]
Download: http://www.zshare.net/download/18158677927f0794/
(Incase they snatch it off of youtube)

transcript:
Chuck Todd: Mike Murphy, lots of free advice, we'll see if Steve Schmidt and the boys were watching. We'll find out on your blackberry. Tonight voters will get their chance to hear from Sarah Palin and she will get the chance to show voters she's the right woman for the job Up next, one man who's already convinced and he'll us why Gov. Jon Huntsman. (cut away)

Peggy Noonan: Yeah.

Mike Murphy: You know, because I come out of the blue swing state governor world: Engler, Whitman, Tommy Thompson, Mitt Romney, Jeb Bush. I mean, these guys -- this is how you win a Texas race, just run it up. And it's not gonna work. And --

PN: It's over.

MM: Still McCain can give a version of the Lieberman speech to do himself some good.

CT: I also think the Palin pick is insulting to Kay Bailey Hutchinson, too.

PN: Saw Kay this morning.

CT: Yeah, she's never looked comfortable about this --

MM: They're all bummed out.

CT: Yeah, I mean is she really the most qualified woman they could have turned to?

PN: The most qualified? No! I think they went for this -- excuse me-- political bullshit about narratives --

CT: Yeah they went to a narrative.

MM: I totally agree.

PN: Every time the Republicans do that, because that's not where they live and it's not what they're good at, they blow it.

MM: You know what's really the worst thing about it? The greatness of McCain is no cynicism, and this is cynical.

CT: This is cynical, and as you called it, gimmicky.

MM: Yeah.

Mack Dogg

Post by Mack Dogg » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:03 am

Wow. I don't believe there is hope for the Republicans. Especially the sh*tastic speech by Palin. She just dogged Obama and talked about her family. Not about what she would do to help McCain if he wins or anything like that. It held no water.

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:07 am

I was in and out of the speech. She seemed arrogant and smug, and she made fun of community organizers; the very people on the ground that help middle-class and poor people every single day. I thought her speech was very hateful and condescending to those who were not like her.

Republicans would have been screaming bloody murder if Obama had done the same thing to people like her. But how can she get a pass at looking down her moose-hunting noses at the people Obama has helped?

If Obama takes no mercy, he can really really REALLY slam her hard on that issue.

danaluvsmj
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by danaluvsmj » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:07 am

Palin's speech sounded very canned and lame. Those attacks on Obama were really cheap shots. She's only been governor two years and Obama has been in the senate six years. And not only that, but insulting community organizers and the media was a really low blow.

I think she's an insult to women in this country, and to Hillary voters as well.

1958-2009

Gone Too Soon

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:46 pm

[QUOTE=whisper;206622]I was in and out of the speech. She seemed arrogant and smug, and she made fun of community organizers; the very people on the ground that help middle-class and poor people every single day. I thought her speech was very hateful and condescending to those who were not like her.

Republicans would have been screaming bloody murder if Obama had done the same thing to people like her. But how can she get a pass at looking down her moose-hunting noses at the people Obama has helped?

If Obama takes no mercy, he can really really REALLY slam her hard on that issue.[/QUOTE]

Ex-friggin'-ACTLY! :8-26-03respect: And as a woman, I am not impressed with her AT. ALL. I find her to be, as you said, very condenscending, arrogant, and just downright irritating. I don't care what anyone else says, that speech had no real substance whatsoever, only to take cheap shots at the other side and claim she and McCain are better (like her saying "McCain is the only one who really fought for you". Uhh..care to give one example? :rolleyes:). But of course, she couldn't give any real example, because evidentally, the McCain campaign thinks they are above having to answer questions (like they demonstrated when they cancelled his appearance on LKL earlier this week, after Campbell Brown on CNN had the AUDACITY to ask one of the surrogates to name a single accomplishment of hers up there in Alaska..never mind that they've basically based their entire campaign on the "experience" issue up until now. How conveient..) And I'm sorry, but having five kids and being a "hockey mom" does not a qualified VP (and potential president) make. This is a national election for the Presidency, not a PTA or City Council race. And you know that if Obama had picked someone like that, the Right would be having a field day. And now suddenly "biography" matters? Hypocrites.

I also don't think she's deserving of being the first female VP..or God forbid, President. What the hell did she do to make it this far? In fact, she kinda reminds me of Katherine Harris, that woman in Florida who helped throw the 2000 election to Bush. I bet you the bigwig males on the GOP side pull the strings just like they did with Harris (I hear that speech was written months ago, designed generically for whoever McCain happened to pick and tweaked at the last minute). Plus, I hear her husband works at an exec. level for an oil company..so much for "middle class, standing up to the big oil companies"..

Ohh and I just LOVE how people like Mike Huckabee, the very same people who joked about Hillary riding in on a broomstick and being "the nation's first bra burning president", the very same people who let their supports openly say at town halls "how can we beat the bitch?" (this happened at one of McCain's in like January, when they thought she'd be the nominee), are now lecturing US about "sexism", all because we dare to question her RECORD. A bunch of f-ing hypocrites...oh I could go on and on all day..:8-26-03ranting: lol.

But it doesn't seem to be helping them in the polls much, as Obama is now going UP in the Gallup and state by state level (he's up to 50% in some) and it's been a week since McCain chose her. Plus he risks being overshadowed in his speech tonight by the novelty that is her candidacy. (Not to mention that even with Ms. Palin, the GOP couldn't manage to totally fill their convention hall, which wasn't even as big as the Pepsi Center..let alone Invesco Field..) And that article and vid you posted, Whisper, speaks VOLUMES! :lol It's a pure act of desperation, a hail mary pass so to speak on McCain's part and everyone knows it..

Now I had my criticisms of and disagreements with Hillary during the primary season, but Palin ain't even fit to lick the bottom of her shoes, much less step into 'em..
[align=center]\\\"It's all for love. L.O.V.E\\\" ♥--Michael Jackson [/align] [align=center]We miss you... [/align]

[align=center]proud.to.be.an.american.mj.fan[/align]

SpecialJanet25

Post by SpecialJanet25 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:47 pm

You know I had an argument with someone who says anyone who votes for Obama is an idiot. As for Palin I did not watch most of her speech, but if someone did, any idea what the crowd was booing at?
I don't what the hell was McCain thinking when he pick her for VP? Hardly anyone knows who she is. Obama's VP choice is going eat her alive when the debates starts.

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:13 pm

[QUOTE=SpecialJanet25;206639]You know I had an argument with someone who says anyone who votes for Obama is an idiot. As for Palin I did not watch most of her speech, but if someone did, any idea what the crowd was booing at?
I don't what the hell was McCain thinking when he pick her for VP? Hardly anyone knows who she is. Obama's VP choice is going eat her alive when the debates starts.[/QUOTE]

I think they were booing at the anti-war protestor who managed to sneak in. They should've been booing Palin, but this is the crowd that still gave Bush a rockstar welcome when he spoke Monday night so, you know..:cryptic

And did this person give particular reasons why they thought that? Well they can call me an "idiot", but I'd rather be an "idiot" than someone who contributes to four more years of this **** any day of the week..

And I can't wait for the debates, either! :D :popcorn
[align=center]\\\"It's all for love. L.O.V.E\\\" ♥--Michael Jackson [/align] [align=center]We miss you... [/align]

SpecialJanet25

Post by SpecialJanet25 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:45 pm

[QUOTE=InspirationMoonwalks;206642]I think they were booing at the anti-war protestor who managed to sneak in. They should've been booing Palin, but this is the crowd that still gave Bush a rockstar welcome when he spoke Monday night so, you know..:cryptic

And did this person give particular reasons why they thought that? Well they can call me an "idiot", but I'd rather be an "idiot" than someone who contributes to four more years of this **** any day of the week..

And I can't wait for the debates, either! :D :popcorn[/QUOTE]

Well, this person was annoymous is also a Democrat, stating that Obama has no experience and saying this country is in trouble if he wins. I thought this person is making unfair judgments when our country is all right in trouble. Our economy is bad, more and more people are losing their jobs and homes. The real idiots were one who voted four more years of Bush.
I can only hope and pray for the best for everyone.

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:55 pm

[QUOTE=SpecialJanet25;206664]Well, this person was annoymous is also a Democrat, stating that Obama has no experience and saying this country is in trouble if he wins. I thought this person is making unfair judgments when our country is all right in trouble. Our economy is bad, more and more people are losing their jobs and homes. The real idiots were one who voted four more years of Bush.
I can only hope and pray for the best for everyone.[/QUOTE]

Is this person one of those 'PUMAs' (Hillary supporters still pissed she didn't win and so are throwing a fit and therefore throwing away their vote or wasting it on someone completely antithetical to everything Hillary has ever stood or fought for..)? I'm sorry, but I just don't see how any Dem could actually vote for McCain or wish for him to win over Obama. Is Sarah Palin "experienced"? What, with her small town mayorship, winning of a beauty pagent, and being a "hockey mom"? :lol:rolleyes: Because if McCain somehow wins this, there is a VERY good chance she will end up becoming President. And with her fundamentalist, far right agenda, the thought of that scares the living hell out of me.. :cryptic

No offense to that person; I mean, they are entitled to their viewpoint, but I just don't understand it...McCain's no "maverick". He may have been at one time, but sure as hell isn't anymore...

*And for the record, I have it on pretty good authority that most of these "PUMAs" are not real Democrats at all, but actually Registered Republicans, part of Rush Limbaugh's whole "Operation Chaos" scheme. Because the way things are in this country right now, they have no shot at all fo winning any other way...