The"official" threads posted during the trial

Moderator: Global Moderator

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Official Sept 16 Hearing

Post by whisper » Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:40 pm

Originally posted by HeavenSent
--The defense is disorganized today? Oh man i can hear the media now.

I wonder why? Mez looks like the epitome of organization.

--K, if the media doesn't know what an Applehead is, watch them try and spin it into the most negative, sinister perverted way possible.

--That Orth comment was totally uncalled for! Her connotation just goes to show you how ****in immature these people are.
They later said "disorganized" was too strong a word.

~Vicky~

Official Sept 16 Hearing

Post by ~Vicky~ » Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:49 pm

thanks for the update.

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Official Sept 16 Hearing

Post by whisper » Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:50 pm

Jackson Defense Challenges Evidence Seizure At Neverland Ranch

POSTED: 10:56 am PDT September 16, 2004
SANTA MARIA, Calif. -- Michael Jackson's defense attorneys on Thursday showed a judge videotapes of the search of the singer's Neverland Ranch to press their claim that law enforcement officials improperly took evidence while building a molestation case against the pop star.

Defense attorneys, claiming authorities overstepped their bounds, are trying to keep some of the items seized from Jackson's home and a private investigator's office from being admitted as evidence in the case, which is scheduled for trial Jan. 31.

In one scene videotaped by authorities, investigators walked around the ranch as carnival music from the property's many amusement rides and exhibits played in the background.

At one point in the footage investigators entered a video library where the shelves were stocked with films. At another point they entered a museum filled with costumed mannequins.

Defense attorney Robert Sanger questioned Santa Barbara County sheriff's Sgt. Ross Ruth about his reasons for entering an office that one ranch employee had identified as Jackson's.

Ruth testified he entered the office without believing it was the singer's. He said he did not believe the employee, a woman named Maria in a maid's uniform, because she gave evasive answers.

At one point on a videotape she flicked a light switch. Ruth said he was suspicious when she flicked the switch because there didn't seem to be any reason to do so.

Ruth said he suspected she might be activating cameras, but Judge Rodney S. Melville struck that testimony from the record, saying it was speculative.

On Friday, the mother of the boy Jackson is charged with molesting will take the stand and face questions about whether she knew private investigator Bradley Miller was working for former Jackson attorney Mark Geragos when his office was searched.

Authorities say Jackson indicated he will be in court when the boy's mother testifies.

Jackson, 46, has pleaded not guilty to child molestation, conspiracy and administering an intoxicating agent, alcohol.

Reporters got a rare look at the defense's strategy late Monday when Sanger accidentally sent an e-mail to an attorney for news agencies containing a motion he planned to file under seal.

The motion also included the name of the accuser's mother -- which is known to reporters, though prosecutors publicly call her "Jane Doe" -- as well as arguments against a prosecution effort to limit her testimony.

Defense attorneys say the mother and prosecutors knew or should have known that Miller worked for Geragos and that his office should not have been searched because of the attorney-client privilege of confidentiality.

The mother's "communications with law enforcement regarding Mr. Miller is a critical issue in the hearings before this court. She met with Mr. Miller and later provided an account of those meetings to the government," Sanger said in the motion. "The prosecution concedes that (she) was expressly informed that Mr. Miller worked for Mr. Geragos."

http://www.ktvu.com/news/3736446/detail.html

privacy

Official Sept 16 Hearing

Post by privacy » Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:54 pm

"To Applehead..." For whatever reason, the media gasped in the courthouse! Gail said media peeps were saying, "Who is APPLEHEAD?? WHAT IS AN APPLEHEAD?"
:laugh It's like a frickin comedy! Can't ya imagine everyone kinda stepping back and gasping altogether?? :laugh
[align=center]Image

I knew I'd love you like I do[/align]

Mathilde

Official Sept 16 Hearing

Post by Mathilde » Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:01 pm

Thanks for keeping us updated Whisper!

And DAMN Mez is looking fine in that first pic!! lol
[align=center]Image[/align]

HeavenSent

Official Sept 16 Hearing

Post by HeavenSent » Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:58 pm

any word if this hearing is over yet? I just noticed the time; it's getting kinda late.

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Official Sept 16 Hearing

Post by whisper » Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:58 pm

MJJF

1. Hearing is over

2. Defense made an issue about 1993 - wants all evidence/discovery. Sneddon is very upset about this and stated that "We're not even sure that we're going to bring it in." Judge Melville became mad, said that the prosecution has had ENOUGH TIME with this and the current evidence. Motions to be argued tomorrow. Judge said trial MUST start on Jan 31, 2005 and his fear is that the prosecution will dump all this evidence on the defense in Jan. This cannot and will not happen according to Judge Melville.

Sneddon argued and said he will not apologize for continual searches and evidence against Michael Jackson. Sneddon said he has a client to defend and ....

The Judge stopped Sneddon from speaking and said he has had enough.

Also to be clear, prosecutors NEVER defends "clients." It is the prosecutions duty to present their case and represent the PEOPLE OF THE STATE - not ONE "client." Sneddon is TOO close to this case.

3. Tape 109 - Janet Arvizo tape that was leaked to NBC (shown on The Insider)

The argument: Mez stated that there are only 3 entities with this tape
1. The Prosecutors office
2. The Defense
3. Sherriff/SBPD

Sneddon angrily states "Well, the leak aint from OUR offices!!"

Mez wants to be able to address these leaks and possibly seek legal action.

4. Mez & Cochran addressed the Ray Chandler issue. Mentioned the media list and all the media (including Court TV) that Ray Chandler had visited this past week. Cochran said this is HURTING his client, Michael and that they must investigate and respond. Papers are being filed right now.

5. 3 emergency phone meetings transcripts will be released today, unredacted. This is in regard to the Dateline special.

6. Mez, along with the entire defense team, Michael and his family will be making a statement at The Courthouse in Santa Maria after court tomorrow.

HeavenSent

Official Sept 16 Hearing

Post by HeavenSent » Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:06 pm

Thanks for the quick update! :D
2. Defense made an issue about 1993 - wants all evidence/discovery. Sneddon is very upset about this and stated that "We're not even sure that we're going to bring it in." Judge Melville became mad, said that the prosecution has had ENOUGH TIME with this and the current evidence. Motions to be argued tomorrow. Judge said trial MUST start on Jan 31, 2005 and his fear is that the prosecution will dump all this evidence on the defense in Jan. This cannot and will not happen according to Judge Melville.
Oh my god, No Sneddon didn't have the nerve to cop an attitude about this! His office was the main reason why 93 was brought up in the first place. You play with fire, you will get burned. Dumb ass.
Sneddon argued and said he will not apologize for continual searches and evidence against Michael Jackson. Sneddon said he has a client to defend and ....

The Judge stopped Sneddon from speaking and said he has had enough.

Also to be clear, prosecutors NEVER defends "clients." It is the prosecutions duty to present their case and represent the PEOPLE OF THE STATE - not ONE "client." Sneddon is TOO close to this case.
Uh oh, Sneddon. Slip of the tongue, eh.
3. Tape 109 - Janet Arvizo tape that was leaked to NBC (shown on The Insider)

The argument: Mez stated that there are only 3 entities with this tape
1. The Prosecutors office
2. The Defense
3. Sherriff/SBPD

Sneddon angrily states "Well, the leak aint from OUR offices!!"
I can just see him spewing spittle. Well who else could the tape be from? God. They must think we are truely, truly dense.

4. Mez & Cochran addressed the Ray Chandler issue. Mentioned the media list and all the media (including Court TV) that Ray Chandler had visited this past week. Cochran said this is HURTING his client, Michael and that they must investigate and respond. Papers are being filed right now.
:hatsofflegal

Badine

Official Sept 16 Hearing

Post by Badine » Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:09 pm

Great updates! Thanks so much!

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Official Sept 16 Hearing

Post by whisper » Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:11 pm

VIDEO DOWNLOAD (sign up now!)

:camera Court TV: Dimond Report Sept 16 2004
Version: .wmv
Submitted Date: 2004/9/16
Description:

Air date: September 16 2004

Dimond report (so read it with a grain of salt until we get a FULL report about what happened)
-says Mesereau complained about the falsity of everything being said about this case.
-says Mesereau said, "It's not in our interest to be leaking it."
(my note: of course, you have to realize that there was probably much more happening that she doesn't want to report that was in the defense's favor)
-she claims detectives say the "light switch" the maid was "flicking" activated cameras or was some sort of alarm to warn people in the other room that police were coming. she says "as if to warn people in the next room the police are coming".

(my notes: This is ridiculous. Everyone knew the police were on the premises and in fact the police were at Neverland even BEFORE Joseph March, the ranch manager, arrived that day. The question is why would the police be nervous abotu their actions being recorded? Afraid they were caught doing something they weren't suppose to be doing, perhaps?)

5.73 MB video

dangerous

Official Sept 16 Hearing

Post by dangerous » Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:11 pm

thanks for the update :D
Originally posted by whisper
At least he stated that...

....funny how he is assuming he wont be inclined to throw out the indictment.

5. 3 emergency phone meetings transcripts will be released today, unredacted. This is in regard to the Dateline special.
:popcorn

HeavenSent

Official Sept 16 Hearing

Post by HeavenSent » Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:13 pm

The question is why would the police be nervous abotu their actions being recorded? Afraid they were caught doing something they weren't suppose to be doing, perhaps?)
:cryptic

Faithful MJ Lover

Official Sept 16 Hearing

Post by Faithful MJ Lover » Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:13 pm

1. Maureen Orth is in the courtroom with Diane Dimond and Jim Thomas. Maureen Orth was cracking jokes. Her comments: "Michael during the civil trial (Lee vs Jackson) made faces in the court. He made funny faces to all the little girls that were in the court house because he couldn't go with his inclination to make faces and have fun with the little boys that were there. He knew better."

Aint that a beech! :mad:

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Official Sept 16 Hearing

Post by whisper » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:17 pm

Notes from email from Gail:

Dateline program attacked by Mez sayng that this person Ray chandler is on program after program for money spewing untruths for money only.

Defense received notice of the media tour (from us i think) Chandler was going to be on, and wants to respond as this is putting his clients right to a fair trial in jeopardy. He says chandler wasn't even close to people in that case and wasn't even there. He wants to be able to be allowed to response to each media event that shows untruths.

Phone conversations (3) short (emergency calls into the judge even on weekend if needed) defense wanted to wait to see programs in total. Statement will be made after court on friday by defense.

There were 3 tapes 109 released by someone? Judge says only 3 peeps have it pros, defense and sheriff, who did it? This is a taped interview of jane doe.

Defense wants all (all) reports Etc Etc from 93-94 case. Sneddon objected saying "we dont even know yet if that case is coming in?" Judge said "Hand it over" Youve had since 93 to get that case together, and since 2003 for current case, "judge says you should be ready to go to trial now." No excuses for handing over of documents. I (judge) dont want to hear the blame game from Sneddon. The deadline for forensic testing by prosecution in this current case to be handed over is oct 8, Steve C. asked for oct 1st. Judge said oct 8 would do.

Sneddon said in response as to the judge saying in effect he agrees (my take) with defense saying normally there is an investigation and then an arrest, this is backwards. you keep investigating and the trial is supposed to be Jan31. Sneddon replied with an angry tone to the Judge in repsonse to the defenses argument "I will not apologize. I will not stop taking leads seriously. If a lead comes in I will investigate. I have a duty your honor and I will do what I have to do for (my client) I'm sure I heard him say that, but ?

Steve C. fought very passionately for Michael today!!! He was visibly upset. Pros and defense name calling a bit.

HeavenSent

Official Sept 16 Hearing

Post by HeavenSent » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:37 pm

Props to Gail. Her courtroom reporting is excellent :thumbsup