Sept 17 2007: MJ things you did today

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:18 pm

Ok. This technically happened today, even though it was like 3 in the morning or something. :lol It's not something I did, but something I saw.

Anyway, before i finally went to sleep, I was flipping through the channels and saw the very last of the Cosby Show episode where Sandra and Elvin went to a Michael Jackson concert. You remember that episode?!

So at the end, Elvin comes back with Michael Jackson t-shirts (even two for his twin babies), MJ posters and the book Moonwalk.

Then he shows off his MJ skills to his babies by moonwalking, but he's not looking where he's going so he moonwalks right into their playpen. :lol

And that's the last thing I saw before I went to sleep. :D

smoody

Post by smoody » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:25 pm

:D That is one of my favorite episodes! ( I also love the Stevie Wonder episode when Theo says "Jammin' on the one")

Well the Michael thing I did today was Danced to Rock with You while I cleaned my nasty house.:)

smoody

Post by smoody » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:17 pm

Whisper I am going to break the rules just alittle this one time. I promise I'll be good after this:wink

My Mom and Dad were the best parents anyone could ever ask for. When my mom passed away in 1995 a lady from our church told me, "Your parents were the example for what a marriage should be. They truly worked as one."

Well my father's wedding to his new wife was September 15, 2007. I knew I had been dreading it for months, but I had no idea just how hard it was going to be. I was happy for my dad and still am. Just as he would be happy for me. However this occasion highlighted one thing for me, for this to even be possible my mom has to be gone. There were about four times through the day I thought my knees where going to buckle. Every once in a while my brother in-law Arther would pat my shoulder and remind me to smile.

I finally made it through the wedding and reception and the DJ (who happened to be my ex-husband:blink: but that's another story) played the final song for "the Girls". (This is how we were always refered to by my parents... we have no brothers.) The song was Don't Stop Til you Get Enough. I watched my dad and his wife, my brother in-law and my sister, my seven year old niece and the brides eight year old granddaughter and the brides daughter and daughter in law go down the "soultrain line" we made. That was a great moment.

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:38 pm

Aww that's a great story smoody.

* And I'm sorry about your mom. :( :(

CJluvsMJ

Post by CJluvsMJ » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:10 pm

Oh man, I listened to Rock With You right before I went to school today.
I had to beg my mom to stop ruining the song. :lol
And I impersonated MJ in gym today when he does a Man In The Mirror performance: spinned around (since we were hoppin on one foot in a circle :icrackingup), fell on the floor, on my back, & just laid there. :rollin :rollin
So exausted. :P
They tried to kill us kids!
We can do stuff like that for a half an hour! :icrackingup
[align=center]Image

~*Daddy, Grandma, Princess, & Michael are my true guardian angels.*~

~*I'll never let you part, for you're always in my heart.*~
[/align]

Saphster

Post by Saphster » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:58 pm

Welllll, I was at work today walking around trying to pass the time by. And I saw a water gun! I immediately thought, "SUPERSOAKER!!":mf_w00t2: My eyes lite up, and I touched it.:lol

I was like "Oooooooing" like a kid again. It was $6.99. I thought about buying it to use on my dogs. One of them is scared of water. I am evil I know.

But, I need the money for other things that have to come first. I will probably end up buying it anyway in the next few days...all because Michael loves water guns. Makes me feel closer to him. :rollin

\\\"My fans are still there. They still love me. They\\\'re alive.\\\" -Michael Jackson.

danaluvsmj
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by danaluvsmj » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:05 pm

The only thing I can really think of today is when I went to my job training. This is a place that involves working with kids, and outside there is a statue of a little boy playing. It totally reminded me of the statues I had seen at Neverland. I actually went up to look at it and on the plaque it said something about dedicating it to the children who had been frustrated and had to struggle because they were different. It just made me think of Michael.

1958-2009

Gone Too Soon

smoody

Post by smoody » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:36 pm

[QUOTE=whisper;197056]Aww that's a great story smoody.

* And I'm sorry about your mom. :( :([/QUOTE]

It is just funny because Michael's voice was such a comfort to me. He has an amzing gift.

(and Thank You Whisper. She's in the arms of God, but I miss her.)

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:33 am

OMG, i thought I was the only one who couldn't look at a supersoaker without thinking of that scene with him and Elizabeth Taylor yelling "SUPERSOAKERRRR!"

Shannon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Shannon » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:06 pm

[QUOTE=whisper;197082]OMG, i thought I was the only one who couldn't look at a supersoaker without thinking of that scene with him and Elizabeth Taylor yelling "SUPERSOAKERRRR!"[/QUOTE]

LOL, you can count me in on that too. It is impossible for me to see a supersoaker without hearing them in my head. :lol
[align=center]Image

Thank you, Leah

Thank you for everything,

Michael

...My Fanfiction...

You Are My Life

...My Website dedicated to Michael...

http://www.thesilencedtruth.com[/align]

Saphster

Post by Saphster » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:46 pm

[QUOTE=whisper;197082]OMG, i thought I was the only one who couldn't look at a supersoaker without thinking of that scene with him and Elizabeth Taylor yelling "SUPERSOAKERRRR!"[/QUOTE]

I remember that all the time!:lol

\\\"My fans are still there. They still love me. They\\\'re alive.\\\" -Michael Jackson.