Got your copy of Ebony Mag? Discuss the interview here! *Spoilers*

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

smoody

Post by smoody » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:29 am

Inspiration Moonwalks,

He did play it rather cool on the political question. Like Michael I do trust that the Lord is ultimatley in control of what happens and I do take comfort in that. However i also agree with you,that you must take the time to make an informed decision about those seeking election and then cast your vote !!!!

I have a feeling that Michael keeps more of an eye on these things than he let on in the interview.I don't know just a feeling;)

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:50 am

I have a feeling that Michael keeps more of an eye on these things than he let on in the interview.I don't know just a feeling
I agree, LOL. I wouldn't be surprised if he had more specific opinions on stuff like this, behind closed doors, "off the record". I mean, he's not the typical "popstar", he DOES address a lot of very real, relevant issues in his music (Like "Earth Song", "We've Had Enough", TDCAU, etc). And he HAS taken part in more outrightly political things in the past, like performing at that one Democratic fundraiser in 2002, I think it was (he does seem quite cozy with the Clintons, lol :P ). So who knows, maybe he does have more of a preference but didn't care to elaborate on it in the interview--I get the feeling that he does kind of hold back sometimes..like in LWMJ, with Bashir, even in that last interview, when you could tell that Bashir was irritating the hell out of him, he still held his tongue pretty much..more so than a lot of other people would've, anyhow, LOL. He's just so mild-mannered and polite, sometimes I can't help but wish he would be more blunt..would've loved to have seen him tell Bashir where to go. :P But..I also admire that kind of quiet dignity of his, I love him just the way he is! :) And I can also understand if he is indeed, just not a political person..and he's done so much, through his music, to help and inspire othes to help these causes along. But yeah, I would've loved to have either seen him, or the interviewer, go deeper into it, as I really don't think it was an elaborate enough response or line of questioning to really get the full gist of it, you know? But I also appreciate that that's not really what he was there to talk about, LOL. Ah well...can't agree on everything! :P I do think his heart was in the right place though, lol, and understand his point! :)

It's just so great to see him, getting to do an interview with much fresher questions like these, rather than all the plastic surgery crap, questions about the allegations, etc, etc....a very welcome change, if you ask me! :D
[align=center]\\\"It's all for love. L.O.V.E\\\" ♥--Michael Jackson [/align] [align=center]We miss you... [/align]

[align=center]proud.to.be.an.american.mj.fan[/align]

smoody

Post by smoody » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:11 am

It was so freshing!!!! A wonderful departure from the "how many nose jobs..." questions we are used to. :D

Was anyone surprised to read his response to whether or not his brothers were jealous (page 100). I was expecting the normal "No. They were happy for me." I was quiet shocked when he said "they never showed it at the time, but it must have been hard..." It was answers like that that made me love this interview sooo much. I got the feeling he was really comfortable with the person he was speaking to.

Saphster

Post by Saphster » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:46 am

I got my copy yesterday at Walgreens! I rushed to it as soon as I got out of school.:lol I bought two copies! Many of them were kind of wrinkled which pissed me off. How can you handle a magazine with Michael Jackson on the cover so poorly!? But anyway, I bought one to save in a bag for memories...:lol...and the other is for me to read....I held Ebony close to my heart last night!

I liked the interview too. But, when he went on and on about the composition of music I was getting kinda confused....:hypno lol I was like "Ok enough Michael...stop!"

I cannot believe what he said about touring... I will probably never get a chance to see him perform like so many other millions of fans...:(
But, overall the interview was great. They even set straight some of the idiotic rumors going on about him moving to another country, and married to his nanny. It was a clean interview focused on the music, not on his personal life. I liked how they mentioned many times how fit he is.:lol :wink

\\\"My fans are still there. They still love me. They\\\'re alive.\\\" -Michael Jackson.

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:24 pm

smoody;198661 wrote:It was so freshing!!!! A wonderful departure from the "how many nose jobs..." questions we are used to. :D
Absolutely. I sort of felt in my gut that Ebony wasn't going reduce themselves to that seeing as though they've been good to Mike in the past. I think that's why he wanted to repay the favor by letting them inside. I'm hoping this is how Mike is going to play the game from now on. Only do favors for those who have done him good. No more giving away free passes and letting people taste him magic who don't deserve it!
Was anyone surprised to read his response to whether or not his brothers were jealous (page 100). I was expecting the normal "No. They were happy for me." I was quiet shocked when he said "they never showed it at the time, but it must have been hard..." It was answers like that that made me love this interview sooo much. I got the feeling he was really comfortable with the person he was speaking to.
Yeah, I like that, too. Notice how he quickly changed the subject when asked about rumors and how he feels about them. He's like, "Well back to Motown..." hahaha. I don't blame him.

Politically, Michael has an opinion. I really do feel that way. He's decried injustices for so long and especially with the likes of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson in his folds, you HAVE to have some kind political awareness. Just being around those two, it's inevitable. But I think he holds stuff like that to his chest because one way or the other, he'll get blasted for his beliefs. Like you guys said, he follows the race but again, he's diplomatic and doesn't want to go there.
[align=center]Image[/align]

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:28 pm

Also...who else laughed when he said, "I say a couple swear words now". LMAO. Mike, it's alright man! I do it too!
[align=center]Image[/align]

CJluvsMJ

Post by CJluvsMJ » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:39 pm

[QUOTE=CJluvsMJ;198654]Hey guys. I just got mine today. :yayyay I was nervous as heck when I was coming home on that bus. :lol I ran to my nearest corner store, called Fugi News, that had magazines (when I mean magazines, I mean all magazines), and got me a fresh & new one. I'm so happy! I am definately gonna show it off tomorrow.

Here's my pic of me walking home w/ my magazine. It took about 15 frames for me to realize that my head is a little to big to just hold it next to me. And yeah, I was sleepy in the picture. :icrackingup

I'm so excited, but I couldn't get a private chance to read it all, since I've been disturbed and all...:pullhair :rollin[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I posted it in the wrong thread. :lol
I read it, and I loved the interview. I kept reading it until 11:30 pm last night, which was when I finished it. I love the pictures! He looks so lovely and so YOUNG! I still can't believe that he's turning 50! :lol I hope he does a concert though, coz I just want to see him one time, and I'll be happy.
I showed it off at school today, now everyone's trying to go get one now! :rollin
They all still don't believe that he's 49! Which is a good thing...
:8-26-03fruits_apple
[align=center]Image

~*Daddy, Grandma, Princess, & Michael are my true guardian angels.*~

~*I'll never let you part, for you're always in my heart.*~
[/align]

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:15 pm

Saphster;198664 wrote:

I cannot believe what he said about touring... I will probably never get a chance to see him perform like so many other millions of fans...:(

I didn't get from it that he was saying he would never tour or perform again, though, He just said he wasn't interested in "long tours", like being on the road constantly for months, even years (as in his other tours, LOL) at a time, and quite frankly, I can't really say I blame him! That's gotta take a lot out of a person, esp. now that he has three kids. But from this and other things he's said before, I wouldn't rule out him performing again, though, giving the occassional show like MSG or even a shorter 'tour' in fewer cities, in a smaller, more intimate venue..he's talked about, in other interviews, maybe doing something more along those lines before and personally, I wouldn't mind that! :) I think it would allow him to get more intimate with his audience and would probably reduce a lot of the madness that tends to go along with the huge, standing room only shows...and speaking as a person who's been caught up in a crush of over excited fans, it's NOT as fun as it may seem, trust me..:cryptic :lol But seriously, I do think he'll perform onstage again, at least...he may not like touring, but you can tell that he still has love for performing, it's in his blood. :D But I'm also excited about the prospect of him doing film, ESP. him acting more, like he let on in this interview...wonder if that Edgar Allan Poe movie is still in the cards? I hope so! Would be soo interesting. :P
Also...who else laughed when he said, "I say a couple swear words now". LMAO. Mike, it's alright man! I do it too!
Haha, I did, too. So cute, him trying to play all innocent, lol. I was like "Come on, Michael, I think we've all heard the HIStory album and seen the footage by now" :lol :P Personally, I don't mind it..it's kind of sexy, haha :lol :P

Cute pic, CJLuvsMJ! :8-26-03fruits_apple And I totally agree...there is NO way that this man can be pushing 50...it's a conspiracy, I tell 'ya! :lol :P
[align=center]\\\"It's all for love. L.O.V.E\\\" ♥--Michael Jackson [/align] [align=center]We miss you... [/align]

[align=center]proud.to.be.an.american.mj.fan[/align]

smoody

Post by smoody » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:16 pm

About his comments on touring, it actually made me feel better. I have followed Michael for more years than I care to disclose:cryptic I can remember after the Victory Tour him talking about not touring anymore! And his fan all know how he feels about touring (Private Home Videos:lol) But with all the talk about "Mike's Finances" I was worried if he would get stuck touring longer than he wanted to. I never feared that he would go under because of the type of revenue that an active Michael Jackson can produce.I just didn't want him to be unhappy. It was wonderful to hear him speak about his options being wide open. So lets try to look at the bright side. All though one more wouldn't hurt my feeling in the least!!!!!!!!!!

MICHAEL!!!!! MICHAEL!!!!! MICHAEL!!!!! MICHAEL!!!!!!! MICHAEL!!!!!:mf_w00t2: :mf_w00t2:

And the swear words thing is as cute as it gets. I just want to squeeze him!

I also loved him talking about his "friendly competition" with Rod. He's so sexy.
I love the fact that even though this medium he works in is second nature to him, he works at it! He could sit back and let it come naturely to him or let it be easy. He doesn't... he works, and he is proud of that work. That is so HOT! Goodness y'all don't know. I could do stuff to this man:licklips
OOOH for a second I forgot where I was. LOL

Saphster

Post by Saphster » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:05 pm

[QUOTE=InspirationMoonwalks;198676]I didn't get from it that he was saying he would never tour or perform again, though, He just said he wasn't interested in "long tours", like being on the road constantly for months, even years (as in his other tours, LOL) at a time, and quite frankly, I can't really say I blame him! That's gotta take a lot out of a person, esp. now that he has three kids. But from this and other things he's said before, I wouldn't rule out him performing again, though, giving the occassional show like MSG or even a shorter 'tour' in fewer cities, in a smaller, more intimate venue..he's talked about, in other interviews, maybe doing something more along those lines before and personally, I wouldn't mind that! :) I think it would allow him to get more intimate with his audience and would probably reduce a lot of the madness that tends to go along with the huge, standing room only shows...and speaking as a person who's been caught up in a crush of over excited fans, it's NOT as fun as it may seem, trust me..:cryptic :lol But seriously, I do think he'll perform onstage again, at least...he may not like touring, but you can tell that he still has love for performing, it's in his blood. :D But I'm also excited about the prospect of him doing film, ESP. him acting more, like he let on in this interview...wonder if that Edgar Allan Poe movie is still in the cards? I hope so! Would be soo interesting. :P /QUOTE]

Yeah! You know what? I was atually thinking about this last night. I was thinking well maybe he meant like a really long tour, like the world tours he used to do. Then, I thought about in the Private home movies special he said it was tiring, the the time zones are different. Literally, spend a night in one country then to another one in the next couple of days constantly, performing over and over.

No wonder he was always so slim.:lol

But, yeah it must have been hard for him. So, maybe it is best he don't do anymore tours...but a concert would be nice.:D

Come to New Orleans Michael! Bring happiness to us katrina Victims. :lol

\\\"My fans are still there. They still love me. They\\\'re alive.\\\" -Michael Jackson.

danaluvsmj
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by danaluvsmj » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:28 pm

I really enjoyed the interview! Michael is definitely more happy and confident than he was two years ago when the trial was happening.

I love when Michael talks about Quincy Jones. "He doesn't try to get in the way. He would tell me 'Smelly, let the music talk to you. Let God come in.'"

That's definitely the way to create music. And I do have to agree about music today. It seems all bland and the same, completely controlled by big corporations. I really hope we get some more innovative artists out there, instead of all the same crap of singers who can't really sing and over-produced and over-synthesized songs.

1958-2009

Gone Too Soon