2008 U.S Presidential Elections: The Primaries -Hillary concedes&fully endorses Obama

Use this forum to discuss anything other than Michael Jackson. OT discussions from the other forums have been moved to this forum

Moderator: Global Moderator

HeavenSent

2008 U.S Presidential Elections: The Primaries -Hillary concedes&fully endorses Obama

Post by HeavenSent » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:59 pm

InspirationMoonwalks;200975 wrote: And those of you living in Super Tuesday states and who haven't already--Get out and VOTE!!! :8-26-03respect:
I got my voter card in my front pocket ready to go!!!!!!

And at the risk of sounding totally partisan, lol, it has a real chance of being turned around if we get Barack or Hillary in the White House..but the Republicans? Not so much....
I don't understand why, why WHY we can't get decent health care. Neither party as been able to get it done and that sickens me!
[align=center]Image[/align]

FriendinMoscow

Post by FriendinMoscow » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:30 pm

[QUOTE=InspirationMoonwalks;200975]You know, at first I thought you were talking about the "Mike" this forum is primarily about in your post and I was about to go...:mellow: LOL! :lol THEN, I realized you meant Mike HUCKABEE! My bad! :P Well, as you all probably already realize, lol, I am a staunch, liberal Democrat, so I have my own opinions on the man/his contemporaries, but I applaud you nonetheless for holding to your own truth and for actually caring enough to exercise your new right to vote! :D And out of curiousity, what draws you to Mike Huckabee?
[/QUOTE]

Wait a second, lol. At first I thought she meant Mike Huckabee then I realized (or thought I realized) she was jokingly saying she voted for Michael (Jackson). Oh man, I'm confused now. Saphster, did you mean you voted for Huckabee or were you making a joke that you voted for Michael Jackson?:) lol

Shannon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Shannon » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:20 am

[QUOTE=FriendinMoscow;200991]Wait a second, lol. At first I thought she meant Mike Huckabee then I realized (or thought I realized) she was jokingly saying she voted for Michael (Jackson). Oh man, I'm confused now. Saphster, did you mean you voted for Huckabee or were you making a joke that you voted for Michael Jackson?:) lol[/QUOTE]

I think she meant Mike Huckabee - at least her vote in the poll say so. :P :)
[align=center]Image

Thank you, Leah

Thank you for everything,

Michael

...My Fanfiction...

You Are My Life

...My Website dedicated to Michael...

http://www.thesilencedtruth.com[/align]

danaluvsmj
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by danaluvsmj » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:39 pm

Well, Hillary won California last night, but Obama won a lot more states than she did. I definitely can't complain. This is far from over, since there are several more primaries and caucuses to be held until May.

1958-2009

Gone Too Soon

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:47 pm

[QUOTE=danaluvsmj;201014]Well, Hillary won California last night, but Obama won a lot more states than she did. I definitely can't complain. This is far from over, since there are several more primaries and caucuses to be held until May.[/QUOTE]

Yep, last night was a good one for the Obama camp for sure! :D He may not have won California (or even here in Arizona, which was, admittedly, a bit of a let down, since I can personally attest to the fact that the campaign out here worked their ASS off, but I'm sure Hillary's did too, so...no hard feelings! :) lol) but he won a TON of states (like 14 in the end? Last I heard, New Mexico was still out, but it was going his way last time I checked) and although Hillary is slightly ahead in delegates at the moment, Obama, from what the experts are now saying, at least, has a slight advantage going into the next primaries on Saturday as those are areas he's done well in in the polls AND he's ahead of her camp in fundraising, believe it or not! So he could easily catch up! But basically, we're right back where we started again before Super Tuesday and might well carry on to the convention, which will, as far as I know at least, be the first time they've gone that far without a set nominee since like 1968! :o This race is INTENSE!! :D

But at the same time, I also congratulate Hillary on her wins and will totally get behind her if she ends up being the nominee....both of them are fine candidates and will help clean this country up from Bush's mess! :8-26-03respect: But..as they say, it ain't over 'til it's over! Stay tuned! :popcorn
[align=center]\\\"It's all for love. L.O.V.E\\\" ♥--Michael Jackson [/align] [align=center]We miss you... [/align]

[align=center]proud.to.be.an.american.mj.fan[/align]

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:08 pm

yeah, i'll congratulate Hillary too, but I'm riding Obama right now, it's not hardly funny! I guess I need to take a breather and really look at the reality... But Lord if you could have seen the watch party I went to last night. I popped in only intending to stay an hour or so because I had to study....But it was SO hyped! A perfect mix of excitement and focus. Really exciting. Very diverse, too.

Yes...Congrats to Mrs. Clinton. BTW, there's news that Hillary has agreed to debate on Feb 28 here in Houston at our convention center. Since it just surfaced last nite, Obama has yet to make a committment--which probably means he doesn't want to seem like he's obligated to follow Hillary's lead on every thing and he'll say 'yes' on his own time. But nevertheless, my friends and I are really looking forward to possibly going. I hope it pans out. I believe MSNBC has already agreed to moderate.

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:28 pm

HeavenSent;201052 wrote:yeah, i'll congratulate Hillary too, but I'm riding Obama right now, it's not hardly funny! I guess I need to take a breather and really look at the reality... But Lord if you could have seen the watch party I went to last night. I popped in only intending to stay an hour or so because I had to study....But it was SO hyped! A perfect mix of excitement and focus. Really exciting. Very diverse, too.

Yes...Congrats to Mrs. Clinton. BTW, there's news that Hillary has agreed to debate on Feb 28 here in Houston at our convention center. Since it just surfaced last nite, Obama has yet to make a committment--which probably means he doesn't want to seem like he's obligated to follow Hillary's lead on every thing and he'll say 'yes' on his own time. But nevertheless, my friends and I are really looking forward to possibly going. I hope it pans out. I believe MSNBC has already agreed to moderate.
Oh, it could still totally be Barack! :) In fact, it's looking like he currently has the advantage, both in the states coming up on Saturday and in fundraising (poor Hillary had to give herself a $5 million loan! lol). I think the states coming up will give more clarity..either that or we will go all the way to the convention, where, from what I've been hearing at least, some sort of deal could be brokered between the two (like the one with the higher popular vote or delegate count could be the nominee, the other the VP). Don't know how well that would work in actuality, lol, but it's an appealing theory....that ticket, either way, would be AMAZING. :D And you should definitely go to that debate if it happens and you can, Carla! :8-26-03fruits_apple

BTW, Mitt Romney dropped out of the GOP race today! So now it basically looks like McCain is going to be their nominee (unless Huckabee pulls off something at the last minute), which is GREAT for the Dems, I think. Although he is a war hero and gets a lot of respect in that regard, many Conservatives dislike him, saying he's not conservative enough, soft on immigration, etc, etc. I've heard people like Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, and even Anne freakin' COULTER say they'd rather vote for Hillary over him..LOL! :lol I think it will turn out much like Bob Dole in '96, no matter who we put up (though I think even more so with Barack, but time will tell!) Even Joe Scarborough basically admitted it earlier today (and he's a REPUBLICAN! :lol ):

"Now, he (Romney) knows what so many Republicans know and that is, there is a storm coming this fall (that) that Republicans haven't seen since 1974, the election that Republicans got routed by Democrats after Watergate. Most Republicans quietly expect a landslide not only in the Presidential race but also in the Senate and the House. He (Romney) believes that John McCain will be the one that will be there standing there, taking the responsibility since he's at the top of the ticket. And like Ronald Reagan, four years from now, he (Romney) will use this campaign to launch his next campaign...."

Unless they REALLY mess up, I think the Dems have it or a VERY good advantage and I'm more excited than ever!! :8-26-03respect:
[align=center]\\\"It's all for love. L.O.V.E\\\" ♥--Michael Jackson [/align] [align=center]We miss you... [/align]

FriendinMoscow

Post by FriendinMoscow » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:22 pm

I think the Dems have a far better chance than the republicans, but it worries me that McCain gets to move onto the general election now and Hillary and Barack still have to fight each other. Hopefully they will strategize together to keep a united front and focus on their mutual strengths as Democrats, as they did in the last debate. Even though they are still running against each other I hope they work together for the good of the party, so that their millions go to help out the democrats in the general election and the Dems aren't too hurt by Romney's decision to drop out. AND, hopefully Barack and Hillary end up as a ticket. If they, ultimately it can be like the dems have moved on to the general election too by continuing to give them both platforms. Know what I mean? It will be very interesting to see the next Democratic debates.

Clinton/Obama or Obama/Clinton '08!

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:34 am

[youtube]/v/jjXyqcx-mYY&rel=1[/youtube]

"Yes, We Can!" says Obama :D

A good video from Will.i.am and company.

btw, good riddance to Romney. His passion that came out in his conceding speech was too little too late! and LOL @ Scarborough! God, to be in politics right now!

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:16 pm

I've thought about that too, Evalie, and it does make me a little anxious...but the Republicans aren't totally united either and don't even seem that enthusiastic about McCain or very many of the other candidates when they were still in, either. I think we show a LOT more enthusiasm towards Barack and Hillary on either side then a lot of them do for theirs...and a lot of conservatives can't stand McCain, don't think he's conservative enough etc..not to mention the fact that Mike Huckabee is still in the race (though it's doubtful that he'll ever catch up to McCain in delegates, but is still dividing the party regardless!). But I do agree that it's important we, as Democrats, go in united and so I hope there's some sort of a decision in the not too distant future....and a ticket with those two, in either order, would be even better! :D

I think McCain will end up much like Bob Dole did up against Bill Clinton in '96..even a lot of Republican pundits, like Scarborough and Pat Bucannan, to name a few, think so. Hope we are right! We BETTER be....or I'm moving to France! I mean it! LOL.:lol

In speaking of Mike Huckabee, I just heard on CNN that he won in the Kansas GOP primary today. And he also can join in with Barack and Hillary in having his very own video girl....meet Huckabee Girl! :P :

:rollin

(don't watch if you're a Huckabee fan or offended easily..haha :p)

I saw that Will.I.Am video on Larry King Last Night, when he was on with John Legend and America Ferrera, talking about the youth vote....some good, exciting stuff! :D I wonder if he and Michael ever talk about it? :P

Can't wait for the results from Lousiana, Kansas, and the othre states tonight! :popcorn

FriendinMoscow

Post by FriendinMoscow » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:47 pm

[QUOTE=InspirationMoonwalks;201198]
I think McCain will end up much like Bob Dole did up against Bill Clinton in '96..even a lot of Republican pundits, like Scarborough and Pat Bucannan, to name a few, think so.

[/QUOTE]

I remember, back in 96, people were always making jokes about how old Bob Dole was. Like this one:

At the last presidential debate, the candidates were asked if they prefer to weard boxers or briefs. Bill Clinton answered "Boxers." Bob Dole said "Depends." lol

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:51 pm

[QUOTE=FriendinMoscow;201218]I remember, back in 96, people were always making jokes about how old Bob Dole was. Like this one:

At the last presidential debate, the candidates were asked if they prefer to weard boxers or briefs. Bill Clinton answered "Boxers." Bob Dole said "Depends." lol[/QUOTE]

LOL! :rollin

Do you remember what percentage Bill beat Dole by? I was only like ten at that time, lol, but I remember it was pretty big..

Did you see the Huckabee Girl vid, btw? :P

Tonight's primary results-- Obama wins in all 4 holding primaries/Caucuses: Washington State, Lousiana, Nebraska, and the Virgin Islands! :8-26-03respect:

I think the Republicans are still out in their primaries/caucuses...

InspirationMoonwalks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InspirationMoonwalks » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:49 pm

And on the Republican side: Huckabee won in Kansas and Lousiana, McCain (by just a slight margin, I might add) in Washington state. Could this be an upset? :P LOL

Maine for the Democrats today. Should be interesting! :popcorn

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:05 pm

I think Hillary will take Maine since she won in New Hampshire. But then again...who the hell knows these days!

lmao @ Huckabee girl. Man, I love the internet!

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:27 pm

Hillary Replaces Campaign Manager

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080210/ap_ ... gn_manager

WASHINGTON - Democratic Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton replaced campaign manager Patti Solis Doyle with longtime aide Maggie Williams on Sunday, engineering a shake-up in a presidential campaign struggling to overcome rival Barack Obama's financial and political strengths.

ADVERTISEMENT

The surprise announcement came hours after Obama's sweep of three contests Saturday. The Illinois senator also grabbed the early lead in caucuses in Maine on Sunday.

Campaign aides said Solis Doyle made the decision to leave on her own and was not urged to do so by the former first lady or any other senior member of the team. But it comes as Clinton struggles to catch Obama in fundraising and momentum and faces the prospect of losing every voting contest yet to come in February.

Solis Doyle announced the shift in an e-mail to the staff on Sunday.

"I have been proud to manage this campaign and prouder still to call Hillary my friend for more than 16 years," Solis Doyle wrote. "Maggie is a remarkable person and I am confident that she will do a fabulous job."

Solis Doyle said she will serve as a senior adviser to Clinton and the campaign, and travel with Clinton from time to time.

Williams, who served as Clinton's White House chief of staff, is a longtime Clinton confidante who joined the campaign after the New York senator narrowly won the New Hampshire primary Jan. 8. She will begin assuming the duties of campaign manager this week.

The staff shake-up caps a week in which Clinton grabbed the bigger prizes on Super Tuesday, winning New York, California and New Jersey, but Obama prevailed in more contests. Obama won the popular vote in 13 states, while Clinton won in eight states and American Samoa.

Both Clinton and Obama raised a stunning $100 million each last year, but Clinton recently has lagged behind Obama in money collected. He raised $32 million in January to her $13.5 million, forcing her to lend her campaign $5 million before Super Tuesday. The campaign said Saturday that it had raised $10 million since the beginning of February.

Obama enjoyed a three-state sweep Saturday night, winning the Louisiana primary and caucuses in Washington state and Nebraska. He has the potential to pad his victories in contests Tuesday in Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia, as well as next week in Wisconsin and his native Hawaii.

Clinton is hoping to stem the tide on March 4 when Ohio, Texas, Rhode Island and Vermont vote.

In a statement, Clinton praised Solis Doyle and said she looked forward to her continued advice in the coming months.

"Patti Solis Doyle has done an extraordinary job in getting us to this point – within reach of the nomination – and I am enormously grateful for her friendship and her outstanding work," Clinton said. "And, as Patti has said, this already has been the longest presidential campaign in history and one that has required enormous sacrifices of everyone and our families.

"I look forward to her continued advice in the months ahead," Clinton added.

Williams joined the campaign when Clinton brought aboard a new group of advisers.

"Patti and I have worked with Maggie Williams for more than a decade," Clinton said in the statement. "I am lucky to have Maggie on board and I know she will lead our campaign with great skill towards the nomination."

The Democratic Party's system of awarding pledged delegates proportionally and the oversized role of superdelegates, the 796 lawmakers, governors and party officials who are not bound by state votes, meant that no candidate had a commanding lead.

According to The Associated Press' latest survey, Clinton had 243 superdelegates and Obama had 156. That edge was responsible for Clinton's overall edge in the pursuit of delegates to secure the party's nomination for president. According to the AP's latest tally, Clinton has 1,125 total delegates and Obama has 1,087. A candidate must get 2,205 delegates to capture the nomination.

The delegate numbers increased the possibility of a protracted fight for the Democratic nomination, perhaps lasting through this summer's national convention in Denver.