Beyonce \"disses\" the Jacksons

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

MJfan01'

Post by MJfan01' » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:57 am

The Single Ladies singer has raised some eyebrows and angered many with a rather, uhm, interesting new interview in the December issue of Elle magazine

“I grew up upper-class. Private school. My dad had a Jaguar. We’re African-American and we work together as a family, so people assume we’re like the Jacksons. But I didn’t have parents using me to get out of a bad situation.”

Tisk, Tisk Beyonce. This whole quote came out wrong. Is anyone in there right mind comparing the Knowles family to the Jacksons???
I mean I know what she was trying to say but it was tacky how she said it.

http://perezhilton.com/2008-12-30-beyon ... ns#respond

Mack Dogg

Post by Mack Dogg » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:43 pm

Beyonce has no talent IMO. She screams on the mic and calls it singing. She's not smart either. For one she married Jay-Z(no diss to him) two her idols are Mike and Janet right, is she aware that those two are apart of the family she dissed? Never have been a fan of hers, never will be!

MJfan01'

Post by MJfan01' » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:30 pm

[QUOTE=Mack Dogg;208588]Beyonce has no talent IMO. She screams on the mic and calls it singing. She's not smart either. For one she married Jay-Z(no diss to him) two her idols are Mike and Janet right, is she aware that those two are apart of the family she dissed? Never have been a fan of hers, never will be![/QUOTE]
I don't understand what gives her the right to compare herself to the Jacksons. Then claim Joseph and Kathrine were just using their kids. She really put her foot in her mouth.

Ben

Post by Ben » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:26 pm

Beyonce has always been a very bland act to me, she bores me so much that when I see her on tv I have to change the channel over. Now I have a good reason to dislike her.

It's a bit rich coming from her saying she's upper class. Her sister had a baby when she was a teenager (hardly upper class behaviour) and her husband Jay Z is a former drug dealer. She's not in a position to say her family is better than the Jackson's, because they are not.

Joesph Jackson may have his faults, womanising and being too strict a parent. But I can't think of any parent in music that put together a band like the Jackson 5 with hardly any money. He taught Michael how to hold a microphone (which Michael has held the same way throught his career), got Michael and his brothers in their famous lineup position etc. Got them noticed by the legendary interviewer David Frost who was going to have the Jackson 5 on his show before they were signed to Motown in 1968. And got the Jackson 5 in a position where they were noticed by Motown. Joesph may have made some mistakes as a manager as Michael has said of his business acumen, but what Joesph did was pure genius. And Michael has said his dad is a genius, which is something Beyonce's father is not, and he had a lot of money to start Beyonce's career. Where as Joesph had no money, but a Michael a child genius and 4 other very talented sons.

Joesph and Katherine haven't sold themselves to make a career off there children's fame, and have never been in a bad situation to sell themselves. I can't think of anything negative Katherine Jackson has done, and she has far more class and intelligence than Beyonce's mother. The only time they really appear in the media is to defend Michael from unfair media stories. Beyonce's parents have never been in the position of the Jackson family, and who the hell cares about the Knowles family like they do the Jackson's. Like the Kennedy's the Jackson's are the nearest the USA have to a royal family. That's how important the Jackson family are.
Ben

(Don\\\'t Stop Till You Get Enough)

MJfan01'

Post by MJfan01' » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:10 am

I don't know if this is true. Half of it might be though.
A furious Janet Jackson is vowing to strike back at Beyonce for publicly ridiculing the way her parents raised her.

"Beyonce's remark came out of left field and really stung Janet," a family insider told The ENQUIRER.

In describing her own childhood, Beyonce recently told a reporter: "I grew up upper class. Private school. My dad had a Jaguar. We're African-American and we work together as a family, so people assume we're like The Jacksons."

Then came the zinger: "But I didn't have parents using me to get out of a bad situation."

When Janet heard about the slam, "she blew up," revealed the insider.

"Yes, Janet and the Jackson family came from Gary, Indiana, and there was a time they barely squeaked by. But Janet has many loving memories and is incensed that Beyonce would make a crack like that.

"Janet wanted to know why Beyonce had to mention her family. They're not friends and barely know each other. She feels Beyonce went out of her way to tell the world she's from the upper class and the Jacksons were like a bunch of dirty gutter rats.

"Janet is proud of her family and how they came from nothing and became superstars.

"Not only is Janet telling everyone who will listen that Beyonce has a lot of growing up to do and that she needs to stop trying to impress everyone, she's planning to confront Beyonce herself and read her the riot act."

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/janet_j ... rity/65958

Juniorlady

Post by Juniorlady » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:29 am

I think that's false if it's coming from the Enquirer. That's one of the worst tabloid there is.

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:46 am

the Elle article is true, however. Chalk this up to yet another WTF. This being the many times when she should have stopped while she was ahead. I admire her for her work ethic and her catchy music, but too many occasions she's attempted to sound savvy, profound, intelligent, provocative, what have you. Unfortunately on too many occasions, she's fallen flat. Really unfortunate. She could garner so much more respect by considering her words a lot more carefully. I'm telling you, if Matthew was such the great fantastic musical patriarch he would have taught her that! She's my hometown girl and all, but there's a thing called drawing the line, lol. To compare the Knowles to the Jacksons is like comparing the Beatles to 98 Degrees. And btw, saying you come from a black musical family doesn't give you a free pass to catapult yourself to royalty. The Knowles vs. The Jacksons?! Something tells me that 10-20 years from now, we won't be fondly listening to Single Ladies on Classic Radio.

Secondly, her "upper class". I distinctly recall her growing up modestly after her dad quit his job to become manager. For a long time, Tina was the breadwinner--A hairdresser to bring home the bacon for a family of 4. C'mon now.
[align=center]Image[/align]

MJfan01'

Post by MJfan01' » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:29 pm

[QUOTE=Juniorlady;208604]I think that's false if it's coming from the Enquirer. That's one of the worst tabloid there is.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but I bet she along with Michael are upset. I just want to smack her.

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:22 pm

... ... ... notice my hesitation given the sources "National Enquirer" and "Perezhilton". Maaaannn.....

We should all know how easy it is to take somebody's words out of context though.

MJfan01'

Post by MJfan01' » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:01 am

[QUOTE=whisper;208613]... ... ... notice my hesitation given the sources "National Enquirer" and "Perezhilton". Maaaannn.....

We should all know how easy it is to take somebody's words out of context though.[/QUOTE]

How I wish this was taken out of context. Well the national enquirer is most likely lying but perez hilton got the quote from this text from Elle magazine.

"Her cousin Angie gave her that name," mother Tina Knowles reveals in the December issue of Elle Magazine. "We'd tease Beyonce about having a split personality. Beyonce would come off stage between sets and start screaming, 'What's wrong with you? Where's my shoe?' 'Uh-oh,' we'd say, 'Sasha is here.'"

Now pushing both a new album, I Am Sasha Fierce, and the film Cadillac Records, the 27-year-old is busier than ever. But the singer credits the years she spent in Destiny's Child as keeping her grounded in the midst of her rising fame.

"We were really sheltered," she says of those days with fellow Destiny's Child members Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams. "We would get on the tour bus and read the bible."

In April, Beyonce married longtime sweetheart and rap mogul Jay Z in a secret NYC ceremony. This year the couple topped Forbes list of richest couples with an estimated worth of $162 million. But the singer says it bothers her when comparisons are made between her family and another rich and famous African-American family.

"I grew up upper-class. Private school. My dad had a Jaguar," she recalls. "We're African-American and we work together as a family, so people assume we're like the Jacksons. But I didn't have parents using me to get out of a bad situation."

SpecialJanet25

Post by SpecialJanet25 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:53 am

Beyonce has gotten more and more "overrated" in my opinion. Like Whisper says, sometimes magazines do twist people's words. I have the magazine and read the Beyonce article. I didn't sense her showing
any disrespect to the Jackson family. However, I think Beyonce needs to think before you speak about someone, especially if someone's family. That how words get taking out of context and then it be comes an issue.