Michael Jackson: 1958 - 2009 (VIDEO of last rehearsal)

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

DirtyDiana87

Post by DirtyDiana87 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:28 am

Hi Everyone,

To say I'm devastated by the death of my favorite entertainer is an understatement. I'm just wondering if any has or if a legit address so I can send a card/flowers or a card? Thanks for anyone who replies in advance.

Thank you so much Pam for my beautiful avatar & Blend!! I love them so much!!

Thank you Sarah for the beautiful blend!!! I LOVE it!!!

mj_fanatic7
Trial Period
Trial Period

Post by mj_fanatic7 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:54 am

[QUOTE=-RED-;210869]My first love has died. A part of me, a part of my youth, died, too.[/QUOTE]

That's what it all is for me. Not only has the world lost Michael Jackson, but I lost him. Selfish as it sounds, I know we're all feeling it.

I used to be a member of this website around 2004. This was where I came when I was sad or confused or even when I was happy. Michael Jackson and all his fans got me through my young teenage years. And before that, he had gotten me through my childhood with that HIStory cassette tape I would play over and over again.

I may have stopped being a part of this website community, but I never ever stopped being a Michael Jackson fan. I could never forget such a dominant factor in my life! How can you forget when all your school pictures are of you in a MJ t-shirt or with your MJ-esque loafers and socks. I did it all: dressed like him, listened to him, crushed on him--and it made me happy. It kept me away from so many bad things in this world. Since I was 5 years old, sneaking peaks of MTV when my parents weren't watching, he's been a huge part of my life. Maybe not always on my radio or on my wall, but always in my heart.

When I was awaken by my boyfriend yesterday to his panic and turning on the television to the news, I was hit with the force of a train right to my gut. It didn't even make sense. How could the voice inside my head be gone? I felt like all my childhood memories were gone with him and like I didn't have a chance to say goodbye. I just couldn't stop crying over how surreal the world had become in just one second.

The best way I can describe it is when you move away from a best friend. You promised to keep in touch but never really did because this and that came up and both of you were growing and moving on. Regardless, you still think of that person every day of your life in one way or another because of all the amazing times you had. Not one day, litterally, can pass without a smile of "oh my, do you remember the time..." Then, one day, you start honestly thinking "I should see how they're doing." And you hear the news. The horrible, time-stopping news. It crushes you in some ways more than it would had you never left to begin with.

I'm sorry, you guys, I just really needed to share this with someone. And the support of this forum has never failed me before.

Please, help me by remembering all your best MJ moments. His life was amazing and it made us all the wonderful people we are. Celebrate his legacy: He left a glorious one.

Ben

Post by Ben » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:15 am

Here is a tribute to Michael from Queen guitarist Brian May.

http://www.brianmay.com/whatsnew.html

**Fri 26 Jun 09**
MICHAEL JACKSON

Hard to know what to say - what to feel. I find myself wondering what might have happened on his tour ... the number of dates in the UK that he had committed to was insane ... I did have a feeling it was impossible ... but I was so shocked to hear that he went so suddenly. Very sad. Of course I still think of him as a boy ... he used to come and see us (Queen) play when we were on tour in the States, and he and Freddie became close friends ... close enough to record a couple of tracks together at Michael's house ... tracks which have never seen the light of day. Michael was the boy star of the Jackson Five, and always the most screamed at. I remember in their show, they tried very hard to make all the brothers equal in the presentation, but it was abundantly obvious that all most of the girl fans really wanted to see was little Michael. It was Michael who heard our track "Another One Bites the Dust" when he came to see us on "The Game" tour ... and told us we were mad if we didn't release it as a single. Of course this was way before Michael's monster solo career began ... but he was already in search of that fusion between Funk and Rock, Black and White, and the Thriller album was the consummation of that quest. There are many similarities between it and our "Hot Space" album ... but our timing was out, really. Michael got it right in every respect ... including timing ... the world was just ready for it ... and of course he was in a sense seeking the same ground, but coming from the opposite direction. Amusingly, after Freddie and Michael has spent some time together recording, Freddie came back and played us the work in progress, and he remarked that Michael had come up with a great album title ... BAD. A little later, Freddie smiled his wicked little conspiratorial smile, and said ... "I have a perfect idea for our album title - you may love it or hate it ... but think about it .... we can call it ..... wait for it .... GOOD"!!!

I think the world is a more colourful place thanks to Michael's work ... he was a truly wonderful performer at his peak - and had a great team around him, including, of course, genius Quincy Jones. I think he qualifies as a great artist; he devoted his whole body and soul to his art. It's as if, with all the changes he introduced to his body, his art actually became his body and his persona. Yes, I only hope he passed away in happiness, in great hopes and anticipation of his glorious comeback tour. RIP Michael.

Bri
© brianmay.com
Ben

(Don\\\'t Stop Till You Get Enough)

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:39 am

[QUOTE=mj_fanatic7;210938]

Please, help me by remembering all your best MJ moments. His life was amazing and it made us all the wonderful people we are. Celebrate his legacy: He left a glorious one.[/QUOTE]

Hi, MJ fanatic, I do remember you. Thanks for your perspective. I'm up early expecting to tune in to CNN and see nothing of the sort about yesterday. I wanted this all to have been a bad dream. And yet when I flip on the T.V. again , there came that awful pit in my stomach that really has not left.

My best MJ moment by far was visiting his Neverland Ranch 5 years ago. That feeling of not knowing what I was doing there because I'd never done anything remotely like this for ANY celebrity before. I will remember feeling surreal and so at peace. This pretty much solidified his special-ness in my heart. From that point on, his place within me was sealed. I wish I'd kept my write up from that day. To re-live it word for word would be so healing for me.
[align=center]Image[/align]

SpecialJanet25

Post by SpecialJanet25 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:16 am

[QUOTE=HeavenSent;210940]Hi, MJ fanatic, I do remember you. Thanks for your perspective. I'm up early expecting to tune in to CNN and see nothing of the sort about yesterday. I wanted this all to have been a bad dream. And yet when I flip on the T.V. again , there came that awful pit in my stomach that really has not left.

My best MJ moment by far was visiting his Neverland Ranch 5 years ago. That feeling of not knowing what I was doing there because I'd never done anything remotely like this for ANY celebrity before. I will remember feeling surreal and so at peace. This pretty much solidified his special-ness in my heart. From that point on, his place within me was sealed. I wish I'd kept my write up from that day. To re-live it word for word would be so healing for me.[/QUOTE]

As I wake up, didn't sleep at all or couldn't eat, sometimes I wish this was a nightmare and i wake up from up. The pain is not healing, I truly wish I could had the chance to go to Neverland, now I will never will.

EuphoricNostalgia

Post by EuphoricNostalgia » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:20 am

Just this morning, I was awakened by a text message from a friend. He said that Michael suffered cardiac arrest and in coma. I thought "What the hell? I'm gonna hit him in the face for this!"

But there was something in me that got this ill feeling and so I turned on the TV only to see him on CNN and BBC News. It was true. My head hurt...and when they confirmed that he already passed away, I felt my head swirl. I was nauseous and my stomach ached.

I couldn't believe it. I just couldn't. The man that I love so dearly. My inspiration. One of the few reasons why I'm still alive...HE LEFT ME TOO. My heart is bleeding and broken again into pieces. He picked up those pieces 7 years ago and healed it but I never expected that he will also be the reason why it'll be broken yet again.

I couldn't cry when they announced that he's dead. I was in shock but when they showed his We Are The World video, I just broke down and cried hysterically.

I know I have not been active here for quite a while but THERE WAS NEVER A DAY THAT I STOPPED THINKING ABOUT MICHAEL.

I will always love him and he will forever be in my thoughts, prayers, heart, and soul...

REST NOW MY SWEET PRINCE. I LOVE YOU.

oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:44 am

I LOVE YOU MICHAEL AND I MISS YOU
the member formerly known as MJslave...

oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:53 am

I woke up this morning feeling really strange, I had this eerie feeling and was so scared, to the point I couldnt leave my room, then when I was at the bus stop I got this pain in my chest, and the first thing that came to my head was a heart attack, then an hour later I heard what happened. I had to go throught the whole day trying to keep my composure because I was doing work experience at an animal shelter and they had the radio on the loud speaker all day so I had to hear it, how I managed to keep mself composed the whole day I will never know. I have a headache to the point I cant see properly and my stomach hurts so much I cant stand, and I threw up twice. WORST DAY OF MY LIFE.

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:57 am

[QUOTE=SpecialJanet25;210941]As I wake up, didn't sleep at all or couldn't eat, sometimes I wish this was a nightmare and i wake up from up. The pain is not healing, I truly wish I could had the chance to go to Neverland, now I will never will.[/QUOTE]

I hear you on the sleep factor. I got none. Just drifted in and out, in and out.
I don't think I have much of an appetite, but I'm going to take a deep breath and give this day an earnest go. The T.V. is sorta my enemy today. About Neverland, that was my fondest memories of Michael that no one can take away but everyone can attest to something unique. I'm curious as to yours.

SpecialJanet25

Post by SpecialJanet25 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:21 am

[QUOTE=HeavenSent;210945]I hear you on the sleep factor. I got none. Just drifted in and out, in and out.
I don't think I have much of an appetite, but I'm going to take a deep breath and give this day an earnest go. The T.V. is sorta my enemy today. About Neverland, that was my fondest memories of Michael that no one can take away but everyone can attest to something unique. I'm curious as to yours.[/QUOTE]

Carla, this morning the Today keep talking about his personal problems, change appearances, damn it show some respect for this poor man. My father is like what the hell is all the fuss. Hurt me so bad.

princessillyria

Post by princessillyria » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:33 am

I've cried all night i was so hurt I called everyone I knew I always related to him cause all my life I got picked on an was left out cause of my epilepsy I used to dress like him and everything I'm gonna miss does anyone have any idea of the cause ? if not does anyone have any tribute pics this would be a good idea this is just heartbreaking
You have always been there in my life making me smile when I thought I never could Your Light will forever Shine -To the one an only Michael Jackson Godbless Your Soul We will Miss you

mcilroga

Post by mcilroga » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:38 am

And you know what? I haven't shed a tear. It's like it's just totally not registering yet.
It is astonishing to find that inside you there is a stranger.

oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:50 am

[QUOTE=mcilroga;210948]And you know what? I haven't shed a tear. It's like it's just totally not registering yet.[/QUOTE]

I thought maybe I wouldn't when I managed to keep myself composed for most of the day so people wouldnt know, I thought I did rather well, that was until I was on my way home, now I have cried to much I physically cant cry any more because I feel sick.

wacky_sis

Post by wacky_sis » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:02 am

who is this Brian Oxman person?

\\\"In the end, everything turns out just fine. - Ana E.\\\"

\\\"It\\\'s better to feel sorry for what you\\\'ve done, than to feel sorry for what you didn\\\'t do.\\\" - ???

mjwifey3

Post by mjwifey3 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:53 am

"For what is it to die but to stand naked in the wind and to melt into the sun? And what is to cease breathing, but to free the breath from its restless tides, that it may rise and expand and seek Anu unencumbered? Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. When Tiamat, the planet Earth, shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance.” Kahlil Gibran
Michael now you can truly dance, May you Rest In Peace.
Michael Joseph Jackson 8/29/58 - 6/25/ 09 Always!
I'll love you ALWAYS!