Description:
Air date: May 12 2005

Panel discussion

InvincibleMjKid
Trial Period
Trial Period

Official May 13 2005 Thread

Post by InvincibleMjKid » Fri May 13, 2005 5:55 am

Can't wait for todays court proceedings. Hope Mark Geragos will take the stand today.

sistahlamb

Post by sistahlamb » Fri May 13, 2005 7:06 am

I've heard alot of stuff latley that sometime soon Chris Tucker and Mark Geregos will be be taking the stand, but this is just what the media is saying.

EuphoricNostalgia

Post by EuphoricNostalgia » Fri May 13, 2005 7:12 am

Damn, I don't have any idea what's goin' on with the trial...lol.
[align=center]Image[/align]

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Fri May 13, 2005 7:16 am

Why not, Winter? There's updates in here every day.

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Fri May 13, 2005 7:17 am

Originally posted by sistahlamb
I've heard alot of stuff latley that sometime soon Chris Tucker and Mark Geregos will be be taking the stand, but this is just what the media is saying.
I heard the bit about Geragos coming to testify today. I think it was Savannah Guthrie who said it's either today or Monday.

Haven't heard about Chris Tucker yet.

HeavenSent

Post by HeavenSent » Fri May 13, 2005 7:25 am

Originally posted by sistahlamb
Just an article I found from the Santa Maria Times:
http://www.santamariatimes.com/articles ... c/7020.txt

Geragos ordered to appear today
By Quintin Cushner/Staff Writer

Famed defense attorney Mark Geragos must appear today in Superior Court in Santa Maria to testify in the Michael Jackson child-molestation case, Judge Rodney Melville ruled Thursday.

Geragos, who represented Jackson during the early stages of the case, sought to postpone his appearance until at least Monday because of scheduling conflicts. His associate, Shepard Kopp, argued that the defense had not provided adequate time for him to appear.

"Now you know how citizens feel," Melville told Kopp. "It's no different than if we subpoenaed a deputy sheriff or a mechanic or a child victim."

Melville's decision was made outside the presence of jurors. When Kopp again requested flexibility, Melville repeated that Geragos must show this morning.

"That will give me time to get the warrant out when he doesn't appear," Melville cracked.

Jurors Thursday heard testimony from a Las Vegas attorney who represented Jackson in 2003. Witness David LeGrand testified that some of the men accused of conspiring with the entertainer were actually trying to take advantage of the entertainer.

"I became suspicious of everybody," LeGrand said. "It appeared everybody wanted to benefit off of Mr. Jackson in one way or another."

LeGrand testified that alleged unindicted co-conspirators Ronald Konitzer and Dieter Wiesner "diverted" $965,000 from Jackson.

Prosecutors alleged Jackson conspired to hold captive the family of the boy accusing him of child molestation to assure their participation in an interview meant to counter a controversial TV special. LeGrand testified that while there was an interest in having the family interviewed, it was not an urgent concern.

Under cross-examination, LeGrand acknowledged that the accuser's mother rejected an offer of $25,000 to remain a party to a complaint about the program made to Britain's broadcast standards board. Jackson's defense has portrayed the woman as money-hungry.

Also Thursday, a former classmate of a boy who accused Michael Jackson of child molestation during the early 1990s testified that the accuser never mentioned the alleged abuse.

Carlos Velasco attended Santa Maria High School with the boy, who earlier testified that tickling sessions with Jackson led to sexual groping by the singer. Velasco said he was a friend of the accuser, who is the son of a former maid at Jackson's Neverland Valley Ranch near Los Olivos.

Velasco, also the son of a former Neverland employee, said his friend had never mentioned the alleged molestation. He also said he attended several events at the ranch with the accuser and did not notice Jackson treating the accuser differently than anyone else.

The accusations made by the boy were never litigated after Jackson paid him millions to settle the case.

Jackson has pleaded not guilty to four counts of molesting a 13-year-old boy and four counts of administering alcohol to help him with the alleged lewd acts. He also has pleaded not guilty to a conspiracy charge involving abduction, false imprisonment and extortion and a count of attempted child molestation.

The Santa Maria Times, following its established policy, is not identifying those who allege they were abused by Jackson, even though they are being named in court.

* Staff writer Quintin Cushner can be reached at (805) 739-2217 or qcushner@pulitzer.net.

sistahlamb

Post by sistahlamb » Fri May 13, 2005 7:27 am

I heard the bit about Geragos coming to testify today. I think it was Savannah Guthrie who said it's either today or Monday.

Haven't heard about Chris Tucker yet.
Yeah, I was just on MJEOL and Geregos has been forced by the court to testify today,, so he will be doing so.

As for Cris Tucker, still haven't heard anything yet.

EuphoricNostalgia

Post by EuphoricNostalgia » Fri May 13, 2005 7:51 am

Originally posted by HeavenSent
Why not, Winter? There's updates in here every day.
I haven't been online for the past few days cuz of family matters...I've heard a few updates but not really clear ya know cuz I can't stay long on the internet. But from what I've heard, Sneddon and prosecution wants to expand their against Michael? Is that right? I guess they're really desperate now huh?

Frenchy

Post by Frenchy » Fri May 13, 2005 10:14 am

Originally posted by InvincibleMjKid
Hope Mark Geragos will take the stand today.
He IS taking the stand today. I heard on Headline News yesterday that the judge was furious about Geragos sending his lawyer to say he was too busy to testify right now. Said he was definitely willing to testify but that he had a lot on his plate right now. Supposedly, Melville said "tough sh**, if you don't come to testify tomorrow, I am issuing a warrant for your arrest". See also the article posted by HeavenSent on page 1.

People, today is Friday 13th, hope everything goes well for Mike... :sick:

got2makeitright

Post by got2makeitright » Fri May 13, 2005 10:33 am

Originally posted by Frenchy
He IS taking the stand today. I heard on Headline News yesterday that the judge was furious about Geragos sending his lawyer to say he was too busy to testify right now. Said he was definitely willing to testify but that he had a lot on his plate right now. Supposedly, Melville said "tough sh**, if you don't come to testify tomorrow, I am issuing a warrant for your arrest". See also the article posted by HeavenSent on page 1.

People, today is Friday 13th, hope everything goes well for Mike... :sick:

The media makes it sound if Mark is scare of going on the stand. :nonono:

IrishFaery

Post by IrishFaery » Fri May 13, 2005 11:25 am

Originally posted by got2makeitright
The media makes it sound if Mark is scare of going on the stand. :nonono:
They'll try anything to make it seem as though there is something for Michael Jackson to fear. I mean really, if he were afraid or had ANYTHING to hide, he would have jumped ship two years ago. GOD I wish this thing was televised! I would love, love, love to see the exchange between Geragos and Sneddon. I always thought Sneddon was a little intimidated by Geragos, aside from seemingly hating his guts.

Perhaps that's wishful thinking.

LadyJackson

Post by LadyJackson » Fri May 13, 2005 11:30 am

Originally posted by IrishFaery
They'll try anything to make it seem as though there is something for Michael Jackson to fear. I mean really, if he were afraid or had ANYTHING to hide, he would have jumped ship two years ago. GOD I wish this thing was televised! I would love, love, love to see the exchange between Geragos and Sneddon. I always thought Sneddon was a little intimidated by Geragos, aside from seemingly hating his guts.

Perhaps that's wishful thinking.

No, you're absolutely right when you say that Sneddon is intimidated by Geragos!!! Sneddon is intimidated by him, but it was Mez that he under-estimated and BOY WAS THAT A MISTAKE!!!! :lol:

The man is absolutely gorgeous!!!:mf_w00t2:

sistahlamb

Post by sistahlamb » Fri May 13, 2005 11:32 am

So I understand now that Geregos will defenantly testify today.

But what about specifically???? I know he was hired sometime during the alleged conspirisy but that's about it.