Michael losing fans in the states?

How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Got any info you want to share?

Moderator: Global Moderator

Cristine87

Post by Cristine87 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:51 pm

I really get irritated when I hear people say that people in the states don't support Michael. I hear it all the time from media outlets, haters, etc. They always make it seem as though Europe & Asia are the only continents supporting him. I'm constantly hearing bullshit about his latest musical releases since 1993 having all been disapointments in the states. It bothers me because I'm from the U.S. & I LOVE Michael & I've met so many others here who do too, or at least buy his music. What do y'all think?

urbanpinkpixie

Post by urbanpinkpixie » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:54 pm

I hate that too. The only reason I haven't bought the Essential Michael Jackson yet is because I have all of those songs on other cds. I'm tired of him releasing greatest hits. Yea, TUC had new stuff, but I mean a whole cd of new stuff. I really can't wait for new stuff from him.
[align=center]LJ / MySpace \\\\  Xanga

[/align]

Cristine87

Post by Cristine87 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:12 pm

Exactly! I haven't bought "Essential" either because I have all those songs & it would be a waste of money. I already have "History" "Number ones" & "Ultimate Collection" primarily because they had some new material on them. I just knew that everybody would use that as an excuse to say " Oh, Michael Jackson's U.S. fans don't support him anymore". Add up the sales of all his greatest hits albums & look how many millions they have sold in the states alone!

~Vicky~

Post by ~Vicky~ » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:16 pm

MJ seems to be more appreciated elsewhere. As a whole at least.

I'm in the US and I love him. But our media is so horrible to him, and people here are like sheep. They listen to that media and believe every word of it.

Hence why MJ hasn't toured here since the 80s. MJ is international. I don't think the U.S deserves him.

Tabloid Junkie

Post by Tabloid Junkie » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:16 pm

Exactly! First of all, this thread should be edited; the title is very misleading.

However, I feel that not many people bought the damn album because it's the 6th greatest hits album! We have all the songs.

Cristine87

Post by Cristine87 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:20 pm

Originally posted by Tabloid Junkie
Exactly! First of all, this thread should be edited; the title is very misleading.
No it's not! I put a question mark at the end of the statement.

Tabloid Junkie

Post by Tabloid Junkie » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:21 pm

Okay...well; I think it should be titled differently...like: 'All Because We Didn't Buy The Damn Album Doesn't Mean We Don't Love The Brotha!' :laugh

sistahlamb

Post by sistahlamb » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:22 pm

I have to admit that Michael is more respected and appreciated in most other countries besides the US. Here, the media is obviously corrupt and free speach is abused.

Cristine87

Post by Cristine87 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:23 pm

Originally posted by ~Vicky~
MJ seems to be more appreciated elsewhere. As a whole at least.

I'm in the US and I love him. But our media is so horrible to him, and people here are like sheep. They listen to that media and believe every word of it.

Hence why MJ hasn't toured here since the 80s. MJ is international. I don't think the U.S deserves him.
I just find that very upsetting! Michael was born & raised here. He got his start here. He has shaped Popular music & has given so damn much. For this country to just dismiss him like that is bullsh*t!

~Vicky~

Post by ~Vicky~ » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:24 pm

Originally posted by Cristine87
I just find that very upsetting! Michael was born & raised here. He got his start here. He has shaped Popular music & has given so damn much. For this country to just dismiss him like that is bullsh*t!
That's the United States for you. If you don't conform, you're the devil. I just always remember how he said..'I can't believe this is the land from which I came.'

Meee either Michael!

HoldMeThrillMe

Post by HoldMeThrillMe » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:25 pm

I know Michael has a pretty strong contingent of US fans, but in comparison to somewhere like the UK or Germany or whatever, it's nothing. That's the truth. Look at what happened when MJ went to Berlin and UK in 2002. Pandemonium, Michaelmania, he doesn't get that anywhere in the states.

~Vicky~

Post by ~Vicky~ » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:29 pm

Originally posted by HoldMeThrillMe
I know Michael has a pretty strong contingent of US fans, but in comparison to somewhere like the UK or Germany or whatever, it's nothing. That's the truth. Look at what happened when MJ went to Berlin and UK in 2002. Pandemonium, Michaelmania, he doesn't get that anywhere in the states.
He does from fans. Like if he walks into a place, it will create a frenzy. But the media..the f*cking media will put a negative twist to it and say he had some sort of agenda. Ect ect ect.

They treat him like trash, to the point where people are probably shy to say 'I love Michael Jackson' in public.

Cristine87

Post by Cristine87 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:35 pm

I disagree when they say that "Invincible" was a flop! Two million copies is not a flop, it's not phenomenal, but it's decent. They act like it just sold 100,00o copies. I hate how every single album he does is compared to Thriller's legendary sales. That's not fair! Thriller was released at the right place at the right time. Every album he makes can't be "Thriller"!

whisper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by whisper » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:36 pm

Chile, as recently as 2001 the media was still talking about how Mike doesn't have any fans under the age of 30. So ya know. They will be assholes. It's in their job descriptions.

sistahlamb

Post by sistahlamb » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:41 pm

Originally posted by Cristine87
I disagree when they say that "Invincible" was a flop! Two million copies is not a flop, it's not phenomenal, but it's decent. They act like it just sold 100,00o copies. I hate how every single album he does is compared to Thriller's legendary sales. That's not fair! Thriller was released at the right place at the right time. Every album he makes can't be "Thriller"!
Actually, Invincable sold around 7-8 million worldwide from what I understand. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.