A collection of ideas-- My thread for... stuff

Night
Noises hiding in my head,
I believe in hidden shapes,
Guided by the twinkling stars,
High up in the sky next to the clouds,
Torrents of beauty washing over my dreams.

Day
Desire highlighted by the sun,
A miracle bestowed upon my brow,
Your face that shines under a bright blue sky.

Friend
Forever is not enough to
Remember all those times when
I felt alone and you lifted me above the
Envy and pain that surrounded us, and
No matter who stands in the way, between us,
Dear you must know, you are the one that means most to me.

A bunch of words...

Flattering inconsistencies that burn like ice, though they sing songs like the strings on a silent violin being plucked by the desires of too many monks, whose minds lie awake as they rest peacefully underneath the tree of chaos, their life cut short by the immortalism of misery. Bitter lemons eaten like chocolate cake, though your lips tend to think it is sticky honey that glides like oil down to your chin, while you walk perfectly still, almost like a night dream in the morning of your reality. And you emote your indifference, which is quite rare for a person with a sensitive heart, whose sensible mind is nothing but a bowl of noodles eaten by the philosophers of Greece, who have yet to eat a meal. D-flat is orange and F-sharp is green, while green is an apple, and yellow a leaf. And a pen is nicer than a pencil, though a computer is sexier than a chair, and a four is a two-faced liar, while a three has O.C.D. And a tree is paper, while paper is not a tree. And ashes lead to nutrients, but nutrients never to ashes. Life is a circle, but it is not the sun, for the sun burns and life is as cold as a blanket in the Tundra. Frozen solid is the throbbing vein of empathy, and sympathy took a vacation after it married antipathy who is cheating with love, cousin of hate, only a step away from a nonexistant line that neither you or I are meant to cross. And a picture is an image, but it is worth a thousand words, written in each pixel, each trace of color, though colors like emotions and despise inconsistent words that name them different things, all quite wrong, of course. Up is down and down is up, depending where you are. And if you're in Australia then Africa is to the left, while South America is on the right, but if you were in America where people can't read maps, then that's wrong for its all on the opposite side. And splendid globalization befriended perfect isolationism so together they go for a walk--and when it is convenient, countries each pick a side, only they cheer for the other one. Words are not actions, but actions are words, which mean quite a lot to the one who can not read anything at all except what they see, and it is a strange thing that the world would give us to eyes to see, two ears to hear, and only one mouth to speak, though judging by what I have come to see, we should have instead four mouths for we make more use of that than even our own minds... because any person knows that you speak coherently thanks to your tongue, and you only have one.

uranusbluedanger1;176723 said:
Realizations

First realization–Who am I?:
Countless thoughts whirl rapidly around the dark space within your head and senseless emotions are taking over you body with a jolt of sweet decadence; until, you find yourself at the edge, and you sit in that pitch dark black place with random lunacy and dramatic reality all shouting out your name. And suddenly, you look up to the endless sky and wonder, silently, who am I?

Second realization–The importance of Faith:

We build this big, gigantic puzzle, which takes us practically forever to build… and then, one day, just because it happened to be that day and the opportunity happened to be there, we take one of those pieces, the one in the very middle, and give away to a random stranger on the street.

Suddenly, in a second, the puzzle becomes worthless.

Your life is that puzzle, and that piece is faith.

Third realization–Future:

Whilst people would like to think that heir future is in their hands, I’d rather think that it is in their actions.

Fourth realization–Shakespeare, tell me…:

Shakespeare, tell me… If all the world is a stage, what’s my part?

(What’s yours?)

Fifth realization–The sensible thing:

It is a very sensible thing to realize when life has ceased to have unusually bright glamour, and instead, has been replaced with illusions of grandeur.

Sixth realization–Education:

Let us never lose track of the fact that the best education one gets should begin at home.

Seventh realization–The definition of relationship by a pessimist:

Relationship- n. always starts like a dream, but ends in a nightmare.

Eight realization--There is no Color to Success

Think of the times an accomplishment had a color, not the color of the person who accomplished anything, and this should tell you why no accomplishment is ever belittled by another.

Ninth realization--On the Impossible

People tell people something is impossible because they can not visualize, conceptualize, think beyond the linear limitations of their own existance. Whenever someone tells you anything is impossible, just think that your very birth was an impossible feat--years ago, no one except your creator, knew you'd be coming.

Tenth realization--Momentum

When you reach success, don't stop to take a nap. You never know if that momentum will ever come back.

Eleventh realization--True Self-esteem

True self-esteem comes not from knowing your greatest faults and being able to ignore them. True self-esteem comes from facing your greatest faults and understanding that emotionally abusing yourself might be the greatest vice of all.

Twelth realization--A Tablespoon of Optimisn

My mother and I smiled and laughed, feeling terribly shallow with our new phones, and very content to be in each other's company, when a woman, her husband, and a little girl took the table behind us. My mother became teary-eyed when she saw the little girl.

"You were just like that..." she whispered, "I don't know what I would've done without you."

While her husband went to get more food, the woman turned around and smiled. My mother smiled back, "your daughter is lovely. I was just telling mine how I don't think I could've made it without her..."

The other woman nodded, "Yes, she's a consolation to me. Is she your only?"

My mother nodded.

"I have four more boys waiting for me in El Salvador. I haven't seen them for five years. One was three months when I left him with my mother. One was killed, stabbed while getting some cash we sent."

I was shocked. "How do you deal with that?"

She smiled, "well, little lady, I don't think about the days I haven't seen them. I think about the happy days when I will." Then she took her daughter by the hand as her husband sat down to eat, and went to get some food for herself.

Thirteenth Realization--The Excuse

Only those who are bitter at heart could ever say negativity is realism.

Fourteenth Realization--Reality

The truth is that there will be a moment when you stop thinking you are a human-being having a spiritual experience, and you'll start believing you are a spiritual-being having a human one... and that's when you've found the greatest truth of all.